Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -ANN- POLYTIMOS - NEW algo - FAIR ninja launch - NO pre,insta,ICO  (Read 95752 times)
aginghippy

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

I'm a man of many good opinions

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:00:37 PM

can someone please help me, I have the sgminer version they recommended running with my 1080ti and im only getting 19MH/s, also tried the newest windows binary of ccminer with the sib algo and that just returns a bunch of errors.

mining on suprnova pool and my card is at 120% power, +15%v (evga precision) with a +64 core/+564 mem

Light, Love, and the Absence of Litigation <3
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:00:45 PM

What in the hell are you talking about? The person that developed and released the GPU miner has nothing to do with this coin or its devs in any way, shape, or form.

Seems like you're calling them shady devs with a shady launch solely based on the fact that other people built and utilized a gpu miner before you were able to and you're being salty about it.
I just prefer to call all these guys preminers, and this is not "no pre" coin. Small group took a lot of coins. That's all.

if a coin that didn't move a single block until after the ANN had been posted, is a premine, then you are once again backwards with your thinking.

Someone in the community did exactly what the project was built to make happen, and dev'd a miner and released it to the community.

Yeah but FUD. =p How many of the complainers here if they knew how to compile the GPU miner would release it before doing a bit of mining first? Exactly. Cool
Thebestis7950

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:07:38 PM

people need to stop being butthurt
this was a fair launch
someone used there own knowledge and talent to make a gpu miner
the people that are moaning you guys learn how to code and make your own miner

AQ16LcTPQcYXH9BhQTQfVDe7JtYNwdDaXj
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:14:26 PM

this was a fair launch

Fair launch = everyone have equal start, if someone is given advantage or something, then it isnt fair launch.

Eatbatterys

Activity: 406
Merit: 170

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:15:33 PM

What in the hell are you talking about? The person that developed and released the GPU miner has nothing to do with this coin or its devs in any way, shape, or form.

Seems like you're calling them shady devs with a shady launch solely based on the fact that other people built and utilized a gpu miner before you were able to and you're being salty about it.
I just prefer to call all these guys preminers, and this is not "no pre" coin. Small group took a lot of coins. That's all.

Get outta here lol.

ANN posted at a fixed time. You can go see when the first block was mined and see that it occurred after ANN posting. That alone proves there was no premine.

If your preference is to make up definitions for existing terms then that's on you, pal.
Eatbatterys

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:16:52 PM

this was a fair launch

Fair launch = everyone have equal start, if someone is given advantage or something, then it isnt fair launch.

It did have a fair launch. It seems like a few of these guys think fair launch means that if somebody, of their own volition and with no ties to the project or devs, goes out and builds a gpu miner to get ahead, they have to share it with the community immediately or the entire project is a scam.
johntwo

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:18:13 PM

no nvidia miner? sgminer is bad for the green side

Standard tpruvot ccminer supports it. He committed the new algo to github today.

? I don't see it here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
aginghippy

Activity: 83

I'm a man of many good opinions

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:19:12 PM

FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TERRIBLE HASH RATE USING THE SGMINER PROVIDED, INSTEAD USE THIS VERSION OF CCMINER THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE POLY ALGORITHM

Wink

https://github.com/punxsutawneyphil/ccminer/releases/download/polytimosv2/ccminer-polytimos_v2.zip

that means you johntwo!

Light, Love, and the Absence of Litigation <3
jmvarner83

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:20:39 PM

Hashrate looks well distributed and it's a good start for a fresh algo coin.

Compare this to LUX's enormous premine...
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:20:59 PM

this was a fair launch

It did have a fair launch. It seems like a few of these guys think fair launch means that if somebody, of their own volition and with no ties to the project or devs, goes out and builds a gpu miner to get ahead, they have to share it with the community immediately or the entire project is a scam.
Sounds about right hahaha

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
goodminer

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:28:56 PM

Hmm sgminer gives me only 150 khs on r7 370 card, so this is another nvidia coin only like ti seems??  Cry
My cpu i5 gives me about 80 khs, so it works, but doesn't do anything, there is no shares.
Is there any working miner for amd cards?
Bumbr

Activity: 254
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:29:59 PM

You must really enjoy complaining without reason. As far as I can tell, you're incorrect entirely, but what do I know?

It seems to me, the evidence is clear that there was no GPU mining until the first dude built one (much faster than I personally thought was going to happen.

Which spurred the creators to build a GPU miner to make everything fair for the community again. Within a single day... If you think that is unfair, then it's your issue not ours.

The second day for a GPU miner to be released, is a much faster progression than we thought.

The coin is STILL very fair, now everyone has GPU within a few hours of the first one showing on the network, that's pretty damn fair.

If you're deluded enough to think that every person who devs a miner, releases it for FREE right when they make it, you're a bit too deluded.

This project continues to grow in hashrate, and community, so as far as I can see, so far so good with the project goals.

community input, keep this in mind, and it was great that a GPU miner was built and released for free to everyone, within 8 hours of launch. really cool to see everyone helping each other out so much.
Lols, your algo just a mix of hashing algos, implemented in ccminer, so i think it wasn't hard to those guys to compile it. Isn't there was much more fairness in the launch if you dropped GPU miner earlier? Isn't fair means when all users can use their GPUs, and there is no 1000x difference between them? Ofc, now it's fair, but the launch screwed up. Why not to delay launch for one day, build gpu miner, and drop it after few hours? Now it all in the past, and i can't see anything fair there.
Chocolatte

Activity: 182

Citius, altius, fortius

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:40:46 PM

please be fast for exchange
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:49:38 PM

doesn't anyone research their ticker before launching a coin?

this exists on yobit and ccex already as another coin.

And release your source, not just binaries.

polytimosd: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
OXUS

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

KEK

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:00:00 AM

polytimosd: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

there is a link to the source in the first page

Satochi is dead
miner32342

Activity: 599

PointPay.io

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:01:07 AM

miner nvidia ?

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
█  ROUND 1 LIVE
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:02:26 AM

there is a link to the source in the first page

There actually isn't a link to the source on the OP.  There is only a link to the binaries, I asked for the source earlier in this thread and someone pointed me towards this

https://github.com/polytimos/master-source

Can anyone confirm that it checks out?
Eatbatterys

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:07:59 AM

You must really enjoy complaining without reason. As far as I can tell, you're incorrect entirely, but what do I know?

It seems to me, the evidence is clear that there was no GPU mining until the first dude built one (much faster than I personally thought was going to happen.

Which spurred the creators to build a GPU miner to make everything fair for the community again. Within a single day... If you think that is unfair, then it's your issue not ours.

The second day for a GPU miner to be released, is a much faster progression than we thought.

The coin is STILL very fair, now everyone has GPU within a few hours of the first one showing on the network, that's pretty damn fair.

If you're deluded enough to think that every person who devs a miner, releases it for FREE right when they make it, you're a bit too deluded.

This project continues to grow in hashrate, and community, so as far as I can see, so far so good with the project goals.

community input, keep this in mind, and it was great that a GPU miner was built and released for free to everyone, within 8 hours of launch. really cool to see everyone helping each other out so much.
Lols, your algo just a mix of hashing algos, implemented in ccminer, so i think it wasn't hard to those guys to compile it. Isn't there was much more fairness in the launch if you dropped GPU miner earlier? Isn't fair means when all users can use their GPUs, and there is no 1000x difference between them? Ofc, now it's fair, but the launch screwed up. Why not to delay launch for one day, build gpu miner, and drop it after few hours? Now it all in the past, and i can't see anything fair there.

I don't think you're grasping the fact that devs didn't build and distribute a gpu miner. Some random person that wanted to mine the coin did.
Eatbatterys

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:09:17 AM

miner nvidia ?

https://github.com/punxsutawneyphil/ccminer/releases
miner32342

Activity: 599

PointPay.io

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:20:05 AM

22 mh for 1070 ?

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
█  ROUND 1 LIVE
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: