Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -ANN- POLYTIMOS - NEW algo - FAIR ninja launch - NO pre,insta,ICO  (Read 95746 times)
johntwo

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:05:24 PM

Hmm price is pretty stable, which I like.  It's not quite the 10x insta-profit coin that many ppl hope for, but I don't care about that.  I like where the deployment of services is going, and think this is a good long-term hold.

How are the first 1-2 shared MNs doing?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whereismyname (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:56:52 PM

Hmm price is pretty stable, which I like.  It's not quite the 10x insta-profit coin that many ppl hope for, but I don't care about that.  I like where the deployment of services is going, and think this is a good long-term hold.

How are the first 1-2 shared MNs doing?

This here is exact plan of POLY, long-term and stable price, growing naturally.

The second MN of the PShield service will be started most likely today, if not today then tomorrow. We officially have all the coins needed. Smiley

Here's a picture of PSINNMN1 (PolyShieldInnovaMasterNode1) - This picture was right at launch, it is now already paying and has paid 40 coins or so so far.

allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:06:41 AM

For the shared masternode service "Pshield" can we pay in poly or what currencies are you accepting? For example a Innova masternode is 1000 INN coins so that would be around 300.000-350.000 poly at current rate, right? So if I wanna buy for let's say 10.000 poly I would own something like 2-4% of that node?

And why are polytimos not on coinmarketcap yet?
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:13:12 AM

I think coinmarketcap lists coins with day volume $10000 what POLYTIMOS does not have at this moment.
We need new exchanges. Is there any info about listing on coinexchange.io and yobit.com?
whereismyname (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:05:21 AM

For the shared masternode service "Pshield" can we pay in poly or what currencies are you accepting? For example a Innova masternode is 1000 INN coins so that would be around 300.000-350.000 poly at current rate, right? So if I wanna buy for let's say 10.000 poly I would own something like 2-4% of that node?

Yes, we accept contribution in either the coin of the node that is being started, or poly for new people or people who only have poly to contribute. However, the overall idea is against the dumping of poly in order to buy other coins, the idea is to funnel money from masternode rewards into poly, paying out the participants of PolyShield in POLY 100% by default.

We DO offer the ability to lower the payout in poly and get also up to 75% in the MasterNode coin as well, however we prefer the default to be 100% POLY payouts, or at the very minimum 50-50 split.

This is to continually provide volume and price support for POLY.

There is another side of PolyShield that isn't as known, where we can setup and host MasterNodes for you if you provide the full amount of the coins and/or the MasterNode private key and txid.

This option you can of course pay in POLY. This service will have prices set and more information provided soon, once we work out some more of the logistics side of things.

We would like to provide node hosting for all different types of things, potentially even full VM hosting... but the risk of someone using one of our infrastructure VMs for something illegal makes us lenient in doing so. So for now, we offer MasterNode hosting, and MasterNode sharing service for people who cannot afford a MasterNode themselves, or people who don't know how or can't host them.

This is only the first POLY dedicated service, more will follow.

We are also considering offering Web hosting and website building and management, which will be detailed soon too.

whereismyname (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:06:54 AM

I think coinmarketcap lists coins with day volume $10000 what POLYTIMOS does not have at this moment.
We need new exchanges. Is there any info about listing on coinexchange.io and yobit.com?

This is correct. We must work on getting on new exchanges and getting our volume up before we can get listed on coinmarketcap. We are not in a hurry, we are all about slow and steady natural growth, making POLY rise slowly and strong, so that no pump and dump crap hurts investors.

We look to make POLY into a great long-term value store, with services offered to assist this nature, and also assist people with things they cannot do themselves.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:51:26 PM

Is poly looking at having masternodes and going to pow/POS?

I am not sure really what the above masternode has to do with poly other than paying people out in polytimos Coins while investing in other coins.
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:41:30 PM

What are the active pools for this coin?  Of the three that are listed in the OP, two are broken links and Supernova has 40% of the network's hash.  (Also, in the case of Supernova, although it's not quite at 51% of the network -- and at risk of creating a soft, private fork of the coin -- it does centralize the mining a lot in that pool and enriches that pool's operator into some kind of mega-whale of this coin).  The only other POLY pool I know of is at https://cryptohub.online/pools/ .

I think I've encountered other POLY pools at Yiimp sites but don't recall where precisely.  Polytimos could really use a resource such as Sumokoin has with http://sumopools.com/ (listing the network hash of the various pools dynamically).  Obviously someone with the scripting know-how and the time would benefit from some Poly donations or eventually ad-income perhaps if they applied his- or herself to this.

If a few big miners (or enough small ones) moved over to some of the other(??) pools they'd probably notice they'd mine a greater proportion of each block and help decentralize the network (making the chain more robust).  Moreover, people with professional-status mining rigs that are capable of actually solomining blocks of this would probably end up with more mined coins if they were heavyweights in smaller pools too.   Overall, distributing the hash would end up with a situation approaching the pie-chart shown here (https://blockchain.info/pools) for BTC's hash distribution instead of whatever it probably looks like for this coin at the present time.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
akiskaloz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:51:15 AM

Is poly looking at having masternodes and going to pow/POS?

I am not sure really what the above masternode has to do with poly other than paying people out in polytimos Coins while investing in other coins.

Right now we are @ block 21.130 so there are no master nodes for this coin, @ 80.000 POS/POW system is coming online

As first project POLY is hosting master nodes to other viable coins. Meaning, that the community member gathered the amount of coins needed for theese master nodes and the POLY team has created nodes and pay out to the contributers as per share in node coins and in poly.
Hope this helped.
akiskaloz

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:59:09 AM

What are the active pools for this coin?  Of the three that are listed in the OP, two are broken links and Supernova has 40% of the network's hash.  (Also, in the case of Supernova, although it's not quite at 51% of the network -- and at risk of creating a soft, private fork of the coin -- it does centralize the mining a lot in that pool and enriches that pool's operator into some kind of mega-whale of this coin).  The only other POLY pool I know of is at https://cryptohub.online/pools/ .

I think I've encountered other POLY pools at Yiimp sites but don't recall where precisely.  Polytimos could really use a resource such as Sumokoin has with http://sumopools.com/ (listing the network hash of the various pools dynamically).  Obviously someone with the scripting know-how and the time would benefit from some Poly donations or eventually ad-income perhaps if they applied his- or herself to this.

If a few big miners (or enough small ones) moved over to some of the other(??) pools they'd probably notice they'd mine a greater proportion of each block and help decentralize the network (making the chain more robust).  Moreover, people with professional-status mining rigs that are capable of actually solomining blocks of this would probably end up with more mined coins if they were heavyweights in smaller pools too.   Overall, distributing the hash would end up with a situation approaching the pie-chart shown here (https://blockchain.info/pools) for BTC's hash distribution instead of whatever it probably looks like for this coin at the present time.

Sadly it`s true the main hashing power is at suprnova, but quite a few people started solo minig as you mentioned as well.
I would like to know how do you propose to get miners to hash in different pools or solo. How to get there attention.
If you are interessted you could bring this up in the official forum as well https://forum.polytimos.net/
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:27:28 AM

Sadly it`s true the main hashing power is at suprnova, but quite a few people started solo minig as you mentioned as well.
I would like to know how do you propose to get miners to hash in different pools or solo. How to get there attention.
If you are interessted you could bring this up in the official forum as well https://forum.polytimos.net/

You can use CryptoHub pool,  we find first block   Smiley

https://cryptohub.online/pools/POLY/

Usebtc

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:08:06 PM

I think polytimos is dead, when its not on a big exchange site.
Nobody want to mine it when its not profitable ... And when nobody mine it, the coin is dead !
When it will be tradeable on a big exchange site ?
shrekinator

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:43:39 PM

Nobody want to mine it when its not profitable ... And when nobody mine it, the coin is dead !

Straks and Galactrum are doing fine with Coinsmarket as the primary trading site. Give it time.
TheKryptonian

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:30:34 AM

Coinsmarkets has slowly become a huge volume exchange.  They need a better interface, but its no longer an exchange just for scrypt shitclones.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
calmadigital

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:01:51 AM

The other day i make an experiment with solo mining this coin. I was lucky and found 2 blocks in a day.

My set up was a 1080Ti Nvidia gpu.
timisis

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:04:07 AM

What do you mean "not profitable" mr newbie? Do you mean not mooning? Because profitability at the current coinmarkets rate, if it ever comes back online lol, is just fine. As for mooning, has anything mooned without marketing? Or has anything with marketing not mooned? Get a couple of your busty friends to make poly youtube videos, and you will see a spike.

Meanwhile, I believe I made a "discovery". I tried ccminer on my 940mx laptop, to find that the gap between the 940mx and the 980gt is much bigger with poly. So basically either poly needs the bigger cards or, more likely, ccminer-poly needs more optimization. (and/or there is a clandestine fee in the binary for poly!)

PS I am not a Poly shill at all, it is just part of my new small-time mining strategy: get a few thousand coins in new coins and move on to the next. May end up the year with dozens of wallets of thousands of sweet nothings lol, but a little mining of something more established makes no sense, if you have the cash for electricity and hardware better to buy and hodl.
whereismyname (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:13:16 AM

Longest ever 4 to 7 days for YOBIT.

Dead coin?

If you feel the need to FUD, please leave.

We have no need for people looking to get rich quick, if that is your focus, once again, here's the door *shows picture of beautiful door*

As far as the yobit thing...

Have been in communication with yobit, they are basically giving me no information at all, I'm going to get a refund and look into listing elsewhere.

At the moment I'm considering tradesatoshi, as they have recently changed their listing options, and made it possible to pay a flat .5 BTC to be listed. This is an option, however, I would prefer if other people contributed so that it isn't just on me.

whereismyname (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:17:40 AM

Coinsmarkets has slowly become a huge volume exchange.  They need a better interface, but its no longer an exchange just for scrypt shitclones.

Very true as well, I personally like coinsmarkets just fine, and if they improve a few things and add a few new services, I see no reason why they can't be a top 5 exchange. Especially with the new tax laws and the fact that they don't make you register your information, and also don't impose withdrawal limits.

If they can retain their 'anonymous' status and continue doing what they have, they could potentially be a very big and great exchange.

As for now, let us start thinking of other exchanges we might get listed on and I'll put together a push for that.
loatchoat

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:01:14 AM

Sorry, I have a question
I hold 30,000 POLY for a long time
What can I do with it now?

esbrave789

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:14:30 AM

Longest ever 4 to 7 days for YOBIT.

Dead coin?

If you feel the need to FUD, please leave.

We have no need for people looking to get rich quick, if that is your focus, once again, here's the door *shows picture of beautiful door*

As far as the yobit thing...

Have been in communication with yobit, they are basically giving me no information at all, I'm going to get a refund and look into listing elsewhere.

At the moment I'm considering tradesatoshi, as they have recently changed their listing options, and made it possible to pay a flat .5 BTC to be listed. This is an option, however, I would prefer if other people contributed so that it isn't just on me.

Thank you very much for the confession of the author, Yobit is not the best choice, suggest that the author can consider kucoin, the player has been growing recently
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: