Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel ICOs try to raise too much?  (Read 1724 times)
SainagBurra

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:58:54 PM

Yes, but not all. Few ICO want to raise more than they need for the project.

Electroneum
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:06:52 PM

The amount of money ICO may be asking for may seem to big but when you look at the scope of the idea be presented and the market they are trying to reach, such raised amount might look insignificant in the long run.
KGBx

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:37:13 PM

HAHA, EOS is a perfect example of super greedy ICO. I don't think ICO need THAT much money for development at all...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:40:36 PM

ICO's goal is to collect alt-coin lots so it makes sense to make a very interesting thing for their ICO so that many follow it

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:41:04 PM

There were some ICOs that were trying to raise too much. take Trade.io for example, they wanted to seel 200-300 TIO for 1 ETH. Now the realised the mistake and made a change, right in the middle of the pre-ICO. 2500TIO = 1ETH. Better to realise sooner than later.
anzach87

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:46:20 PM

i believe that icos is the future. . everyday is getting bigger and bigger the icos team
terbetet

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:47:52 PM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?
I think they are just trying to do some estimations and they have such a great confidence upon issuing the price of their ICO because they think that this will be popular to the community upon advertising it with regards to the price that will attract many potential investors and consumers. I think it is not because of gree but maybe they are just too confident that issuing that large price will make people really attracted into it.

BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:05:32 PM

Before launching successfull ICO you have to spend more than 300 000$ only on marketing. And here is still much risks. So it's not interesting to rise less than 5 000 000$, I think.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?
Yes, the current ICO project does take too much money, and a good idea worth tens of millions of dollars? This is clearly a speculative game.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
chimcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:58:02 AM

I think that most of these ICOs raise huge capital for greed while there are some of them that had raised that much as rough estimate and know wrong intention .The new fundraising dynamic has helped companies raise more than $1.7 billion this year to date. Huge sums of money tend to catch the attention, but experts in the industry argue that there’s far more to ICOs, also known as token sales, than simply the cash. Finally,
there are many ICOs that are scam simpily because of these huge cash raised in the genuine ICOs.
HushRah

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:05:04 AM

Recently I've been seeing the same too. Some of them justify by saying, some amount of ICO will be used in getting their tokens listed on major exchanges, and the other part of it going towards the development of their project. Someone mentioned too above, they ask for $10M even though their requirement is maximum of $1M. So yeah, ICOs are raising too much these days.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:24:02 AM

The amount of money ICO may be asking for may seem to big but when you look at the scope of the idea be presented and the market they are trying to reach, such raised amount might look insignificant in the long run.
But it seems that ICO's now aren't really can be trusted because of having affected by some scam project. It's really hard to speculate which one will stay in the market and which one will keep on moving. But I'll still believe some of them will show their competitiveness and go further. The big factor that may affect their lifespan is the community, as they provide a good project then probably people will keep it promoting.
KGBx

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:43:40 AM

And BTW I forgot the fact that lots of ICOs even do not spend money on marketing because they start bounty campaign on forum that is paid in their tokens!

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:46:06 AM

Yes, for now, just a ICO project is prone to tens of millions of dollars, this is a game of speculation, it did not need so much money, FortKnoxster this project is very good, need money, but just a little.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:47:09 AM

Yes, they try to raise too much money this days, if you look at the old days where project like nxt , neo and stratis collect less than 1 million and still doing fine with that kind amount of money. ICO nowdays try to raise as much as possible and i personally avoid something that set the hardcap way more than i think is enough to run the project.

WeedGoW

Activity: 274

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:48:43 AM

Yes, put me off to for some ICO have so big cap while not really 'have' that.
Onedutch

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

I'm unable to put my head around ICO, Airdrops, Forks, I feel Emotion when dealing with blockchain technology. So unsure if something is 'too' much.. Everything is 'too' when using 'too' , maybe 'too content' is ok.

regards,
Onedb

Edit: forgot the FoMo feelings...
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:34:25 AM

It's a form of crowd funding, this can be related to the cryptocurrency network or it can be related to the real life necessity. Here the importance and the uniqueness add the market value to the same and this raises good capital market. Also majority of the projects function with legitimacy, so nothing to indicate this to be a flaw and that to be good.
jimmyjohnjimmy

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:40:30 AM

I think ICO's do try to raise too much. But sadly it's a symptom of the ICO world.

If you are running an ICO and you are seeing that some ICO's are raising over 100 million, why would you not aim for that? You could scale your business / altcoin to another level.

But also it is greedy and it looks bad towards investors.
obinine

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:19:02 AM

Of course they do! Tell me, outside of crypto, what kind of huge projects take millions of dollars to develop? Those by major multinational companies with hundreds and thousands of staff and testers and coders in their development team.

If you are a project with a handful of people, do you really need to raise $1 or more million?

The first red flag is this to me. No budget, no statement of costs, no market research. Just some random soft cap and hard cap based on total supply of token or coins, and how much each dev wants to keep in his millionaire fund. Ridiculous, is it not? Absolute nonsense.

Well, you got a good point of view and in addition to that some ICOs are just collecting investments and then they'll vanish to nowhere. I participated an ICO bounty campaign but until now after one month I still haven't receive any tokens and my fellow participants are complaining and we do nothing about it.
Truly I realize that they are collecting excessively cash and contributing increasingly, extra to that they are likewise gallant on finding numerous speculators and purchasers of their mint piece, that is on the grounds that they have so many members and they would prefer not to baffle their bouny seekers by giving little sum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: