Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:33:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel ICOs try to raise too much?  (Read 1724 times)
fed-up-ecb

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:51:28 PM

what a scam.. Grin
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:54:41 PM

Some have tried to over raise capital and try to take advantage of unsuspecting people who are new to investing in general. I have seen many over sold ICOS so I prefer ones with smaller marketcaps to begin with as they also have more potential to grow. Some ICOS though have raised the proper amount of funding for their projects, because some need huge development and are very ambitious with new technological breakthroughs so it all is relative.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
just a man

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:46:19 PM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?
I feel that most coins are trying to make money from people thinking that new money is being put into the ICO's.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:49:22 AM

I do not presume to state with sufficient accuracy, but it also seems to me that many ICO project developers are trying to collect more money than is necessary to implement the project. On the one hand, they may be reinsured against unforeseen expenses, on the other hand, to give importance and importance to the project itself. Of course, sometimes the role here is just the greed of these developers.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:08:10 PM

For many ICO organizers presentation of their projects has one exceptional aim: make much more loud and do nothing after. This is the way of collecting money and keep for own reasons. No other things they do.
marktedraut

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:13:53 PM

As any other business in the world, each party is putting a markup on their price for the purpose of raising capital by increasing profit and minimizing costs. However, I also tend to believe that some ICOs are overestimating themselves in terms of pricing, which is ridiculous. There are some ICO projects whose costs are understandable to a certain extent, as their profitability tends to be efficient. Cointed, for example, has adopted a lot of ICOs which are effective in the long-run and are increasing their funds substantially, without harming their current profit. However, there are many other ICOs that are simply abusing their name and increasing their price, knowing that they are the "new thing".
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

I know that they try to raise money more to know if they gain popularity but the basic reason is wanting to be listed on a market.  They must maintain a certain standard to be listed in an exchange. Falling below the minimum required share price, or market capitalization, is one of the major factors triggering a delisting or a failure in their project.  ICO has to proved that people do value the new coin they create by gathering investors and to attract established companies in order to establish a stock price.
lucie367

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:24:28 PM

I agree with your statement. Some ICO's are aiming to raise a stupid amount. The issue I have is that people assume because a ICO raised 50 million it will be more successful and gives ICO's a bad name. The most important thing is a successful ICO is the product, not how much their raised. Sure it can help them scale and develop but if it is a very flawed concept from the start no money can change that.

I also see it from the other side of the business as well. Why wouldn't they aim higher than they need? Sadly greed is a human condition and I get why some CEO's will aim for 40 million instead of the 5 million they need to make their project workable. Also I think people seem to mis the fact that because of the inflated amount ICO's are raising everything connected with ICO's is very expensive. I am sure that to be advertised on a ICO website, get on an exchange, bring in blockchain developers or even event market will be substantially higher than other industries.

Personally I stick to ICO's that have a low hard cap and have a good concept.
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:32:38 PM

Well ICOs are created to raise much money to fullfill their greediness,most ICOs are raising money then disappear into thin air.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
karasuri

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:36:14 PM

it seems to me that you do not understand many factors. plus, the money for survival is designed for a long period, sometimes even for a year.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

There is the common view that if a project requests large amounts it means his cool and surely its tokens will rise to the moon. ICO's practice shows that this is completely wrong. Basically, those projects are being pushed into the tops
that have requested adequate price. Smiley
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:19:01 PM

Well if the project is solid and legit with already a product available , then why not ? No one tells you to invest into them , so why are u angry with ICO's ? I dicovered CEDEX and to be honest , I'm investing into the ICO because it has a huge potential for the future.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:53:42 AM

Yes, I feel that some ICO's try to raise too much and believe it's because of greed. Some think it's very easy to raise money through an ICO so they set a high cap. To fix this, the community needs to stop simply investing in ICO's without any prior research conducted.

upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

ICOs raising too much because it was made exactly to be like that and when the developers are satisfied to the investments they will eventually dump the project and take away all the investment and you will get rekt so stay away from these ICOs.

Cryptogiji

Activity: 278
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:04:57 PM

I do think so and they then put too much pressure on themselves to preform.

But I also see it from the business side, if you can raise more, it means you can develop more and have a longer runway before you start to profit.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:54:43 PM

I do and sadly I don't blame ICO's but greed of the startups.

They are already raising a lot without having to sell off any equity so it is just sheer greed. A startup that gets 5 million in a month is a stupid amount of money, so why do they need 40?
georgeforeham

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:05 PM

I do feel that sometimes they do aim for too much, do you really blame them?

If you are owning a startup and you can make 10 million or 20 everyone would go for the 20 because it allows you to grow quicker hire staff or market more. The issue is when they raise a lot and do nothing with it or go missing.
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:44:10 PM

Yes they are raising too much money for the project,softcap and hardcap mostly are being raised,they are gaining too much and if the project fails most of ICOs wont give back your investment that is the risk.

ukelover

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:49:51 PM

Thats right,  some ICO 's are even extending their sale period to accumulate more,  thats why i really take the time to study before i join any ico just to make sure that its worth joining. 
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:54:53 PM

ICOs have bigger and bigger caps, that means more and more people are coming into crypto world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: