Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:25:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel ICOs try to raise too much?  (Read 1724 times)
Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:42:06 PM

I think its easy for us to say that, but from a business standpoint, why wouldn't you try to raise more? I don't think one of us could honestly say we wouldn't want to raise an extra 2/3 million for the company we created so we can put that into the product.

Because in a "stupid" market, it doesn't give you integrity to have collected too much money from too many people. Modesty should go a long way. But it doesn't. 90-99% of ICOs suck.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:21:36 PM

I think its easy for us to say that, but from a business standpoint, why wouldn't you try to raise more? I don't think one of us could honestly say we wouldn't want to raise an extra 2/3 million for the company we created so we can put that into the product.

Because in a "stupid" market, it doesn't give you integrity to have collected too much money from too many people. Modesty should go a long way. But it doesn't. 90-99% of ICOs suck.

Precisely that, after a certain amount the money is not needed. Any business should be able to make an accurate financial plan that details what finances it will need and what for, this will of course include a contingency and such but no business should need infinite funds. The return from additional funds is depreciating. If an ICO cannot say why they need 50m instead of 20m then they should not receive the additional 30m.

cryptonianz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:45:00 PM

Sure some ICO's may be asking for a lot, but if you believe in the project wouldn't it be worth it?
Also the more money they raise the more they can put into the project itself. If the minimum was say 2 million dollars for the project; sure they could make it work but they could make it better if they got 4 million dollars or more. Then they need to cover all sorts of other expenses, like advertising, staff, etc.
kanmo

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:52:29 PM

I agree with that because many ICOs have raised huge funds and they neither developed their coin. Many ICOs only get fund for fun without executing their roadmap.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
Onedutch

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:47:20 AM

You should raise money with the ICO which is necessary to fund the project, not to make money !
Coinsaivory

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:58:27 AM

I believe it is due to both things - some projects are indeed amazing, however, their value is overestimated which leads to rapid boost in price, which is beyond normal. Additionally, some do it out of greed because the core idea of ICO's are to raise funds for the companies that launch them. However, there are many ongoing and upcoming valuable projects that are either non expensive, or their value is worth it. Such are, for example, Cointed, Giftz, AgroTechFarm, and Beat Token. All of them hold a lot of potential, at least in my opinion. Check them out, in case you are curious.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:05:28 AM

Sure some ICO's may be asking for a lot, but if you believe in the project wouldn't it be worth it?
Also the more money they raise the more they can put into the project itself. If the minimum was say 2 million dollars for the project; sure they could make it work but they could make it better if they got 4 million dollars or more. Then they need to cover all sorts of other expenses, like advertising, staff, etc.

Nope nope nope
Do you really believe they need that amount of money for a project which needs like 2 years before the actually launch any product? They are just greedy, they dont use all the money for the project, Im pretty sure of it. They are asking a lot more than they need. Vitalik butterin already aware of this thing.

I hope there will be new methods in raising money for new ICOs

Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:12:31 AM

Yes, so I think most ICO projects are now a fraudulent project.
These so-called traditional projects don't need to be done with blockchains at all. I think they're just trying to raise new money, so it's no wonder facebook is banning the launch of ICO ads.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:37:32 AM

I understand that, I also do not know why most ICOs can run with some funds but they try to emphasize with big hardcap, but most of them only reach 10% or more of the hardcap they specify, but for estimate I'm sure their side or dev have calculated all.

Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:23:58 PM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?

Why not. ICO now caught the hype. People love everything popular. And they will put money in it. Accordingly, the creators will use this. But on the other hand, if the project is potentially successful, then let them collect at least all the money in the world))
Akitot

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

most of the ICOs are trying to reach the project target's limit that's why some are trying to raise that much, some of them prepare for it; make real and serious studies basing what are the trends and who is their target, most of all they have considered what is their project for!, but some are just too ambitious to raise too much without putting a backbone on their project.
Goldenoaks

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:09:57 PM

There's a lot of hype in tech in general, not just within ICOs. In general I think they do raise too much. Part of the problem is the need to hype. In business, it's hard to get any funding at all if you say, "We have a conservative plan to do XYZ." Everyone wants to hear that you're going to blow the roof off the house.
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

There's a lot of hype in tech in general, not just within ICOs. In general I think they do raise too much. Part of the problem is the need to hype. In business, it's hard to get any funding at all if you say, "We have a conservative plan to do XYZ." Everyone wants to hear that you're going to blow the roof off the house.
Yeah mate, ICOs became something strange, a lot of projects try to raise too much money...question is if this will change in the future especially when cryptos begun fall about dozens of %.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:56:56 PM

it may be the result of greediness or strong believe in a startup's success:) and you never know what an ico's team was thinking about while planning the budget. They might have thought "we are gonna rock the market" or just "why not take more".

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:05:33 PM

If ICO try to raise too much with unclear path forward, that's a BIG red flag !!

Crypto trading is risky, masternode mining is awesome, find a solid coin and HOLD!!!

I would definitely consider this coin, it has a niche market and had an amazing start!

Check out this new coin, already on exchange!  ROI looks very good!  Medical & Commercial Cryptocurrency with Masternode and Privacy!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753447.0

Do your own research, study your own investments Smiley and luck will come to you Smiley

The stats are taking from https://masternodes.online/currencies/MEDIC/
MEDIC DAILY INCOME (02/01/2018)
$1,177.6975
0.13773984 BTC
5465.8667 MEDIC

Although BTC price is low today but MEDIC MNs still have very good return.

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
TedWalker91

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:49:35 AM

I believe it is due to both things - some projects are indeed amazing, however, their value is overestimated which leads to rapid boost in price, which is beyond normal. Additionally, some do it out of greed because the core idea of ICO's are to raise funds for the companies that launch them. However, there are many ongoing and upcoming valuable projects that are either non expensive, or their value is worth it. Such are, for example, Cointed, Giftz, AgroTechFarm, and Beat Token. All of them hold a lot of potential, at least in my opinion. Check them out, in case you are curious.

Agreed. I think most ICOs are way too greedy and try to raise more than needed (and succeed in raising the money in a lot of cases). The ones you mentioned (Cointed, Giftz, AgroTechFarm and bee token) are exceptions, the few legit ones in a sea of greedy ICOs
manumartinb

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:39:20 PM

Agreed. I think most ICOs are way too greedy and try to raise more than needed (and succeed in raising the money in a lot of cases). The ones you mentioned (Cointed, Giftz, AgroTechFarm and bee token) are exceptions, the few legit ones in a sea of greedy ICOs

Beat token? or bee token?
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

Altcoin will eventually increase but not for this season, Bitcoin is already overrated in terms of value and price and I'm sure Altcoins has a good future and should be enhanced market cap and coin prices but it will all depend on the core team.
The_White_RabbitBTC

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:05:00 PM

I think from our side it can seem like that, but if you are running a startup why wouldn't you try to get more? It means you have more money for a runway, more staff, more marketing etc.

I think so too. More money = better advertising, better developers. Better everything. Of course, granted that people behind ICO have a broader vision than just to collect, cash out and make a mediocre product.
Thus, people should invest more responsibly. I see tons of people who know nothing about the product/ICO and just buys coins/token in hopes they will ride lambo in a month Smiley
As long as there are such people, we will have zillions of new ICOs every day popping up.
Kamelia

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:42:14 PM

Projects are trying to raise more money, because the price of the crypto currency is too unstable and at the time of the end of the ICo the exchange rate may drop significantly, which will lead to a shortage of funds for the project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: