Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:44:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3355 times)
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:51:08 AM

Cryptos can be considered as asset if you invest and don't use it as digital currency. It was created as digital currency but since its price soared it  more people invested their altcoins.

Well crypto currencies can be a great asset if invested properly as there are some people who have invested a lot into altcoins which is great but at the same time be need to do a dip check into the road map and the purpose of the altcoins before investing because if we do not check anything and randomly invest we will end up losing money as we can see there are many ICO which is emerging everyday but we need to choose the best out of those as all the alts cannot be fruitful so if we invest into right ICO then that would be the biggest asset

Am I spamming? Report me!
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:55:30 AM

All have their own goals with crypto, but i think crypto can be interpreted as both. Crypto can be used as a future asset of our investment or make it as a currency for digital payment, because now many supermarkets and restaurants are receiving payments through bitcoin.
But i myself prefer assets than currency, because in my country don't have many places that receive payment via bitcoin then what i do is make crypto as an asset.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:10:43 AM

crypto is the currency that can be made asset. because by making our assets can achieve a good future. some people in the world regard crypto as a bright future
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:51:23 AM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
If you make it logical, crypto is used in transaction but how it will be transacted if there is no one holding? Crypto is useless if there is no person holding it. Don't stake on definition of it focus on how crypto works. Until the usage of the crypto is to transact easily and fast, it has a purpose.

Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:59:36 AM

Some crypto are made in such ways that they can only be used as an asset if its value rises over the time, but their are few coins emerging in the market which basic function will be to use as a currency like recently Bonpay ICO focused upon their use as a currency for which they introduced debit cards and so on. Bitcoin can also be used as a currency when its transaction fees comes to normal as it can greatly effective across different countries.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:17:02 AM

I think crypto is an Asset because people uses crypto to makes profit like in trading,  they buy coin and sell it.  Also people dont use crypto to buy things as we do with our currencies.  So crypto are an asset. 
bitcoinsocial09

Activity: 413
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 10:28:44 AM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
It can be both. It is really a currency but just happened to be an investment, a profitable investment.  Butcoin"s market value surprised everyone as its market price continuously increase at a high and fast rate which made it a profitable investment to its users and also investors. So I think it is both an asset and currency.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
whisee

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:40:36 AM

depend on use if you use it as payment system it is digital currency .

if you hold it for future it is investment
Esiunin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:21:10 PM

Bitcoin is not an asset, because it does not generate cash flows for its holders. This is not a commodity, since it is not a raw material for the production of anything useful. Bitcoin is a "young" currency. Conclusions:
1. Bitcoin can not be attributed to any class of assets.
2. You can not estimate the intrinsic cost of bitcoin, but only determine its price.
3. It can be considered a currency.
4.You do not invest in bitcoin, but only trade them.
5. Important trader qualities.
MadAndHoldersPattern

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:38:16 PM

It is an asset that has some properties of a currency. It could be used as a currency, but it's mostly used and most of its value comes from speculation and long term investing, only marginally is it actually used to make payments.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:48:17 PM

What is your opinion?

Not at all, it is precisely the users who make cryptocurrency considered to be an asset, because it has high fluctuations but the price continues to increase. So there are People who really take advantage of the function of this cryptocurrency technology for transactions between countries to be faster and require smaller transaction costs, And there are also those who make it as an asset that they believe can bring huge profits in the future.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:56:54 PM

Crypto currency is the word right?so is it a currency but people are using it as an asset due to its high price swings.But crypto was made to be used as an currency over internet because fiat currency can be hacked by hackers so some unknown people find bitcoin the first crypto.In crypto transaction no third party between while transaction so no one can take our money from us.

But people make use of its demand and price fluctuation to earn more profits and it turned out to be an asset due to its huge price.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:51:17 PM

for me cryptocurrencies is an currencies, because right now i use it to pay something like billing (electric, mobile, tax) and something, with some process (withdraw bitcoin into mu local currencies), so its not 100% my main currencies

ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:56:31 PM

Bitcoin is created as a digital currency to simplify the process of online transactions but because many people use bitcoin and disproportionate to the number of bitcoin in the world so as to encourage the price of bitcoin is high enough and cause many people to make bitcoin as an asset to be kept until the price is high enough to be exchange.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:15:50 PM

Yes it will sooner or later, crypto is originally designed to be used as a currency, not as an asset.
It will destroy the purpose of crypto, but a new purpose will be born through the use of blockchain technology.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Leane Lee Natividad Cuenc

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:28:28 PM

I think Crypto is an asset to have a good currency...although its not easy but it seems that have a good idea and purpose to do so...

jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 03:18:31 PM

Crypto is treated as asset in most of countries but there are some country where crypto is legal and use as payment system. When we use  crypto for trading then that means we use it as asset.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:30:52 PM

It is an asset that has some properties of a currency. It could be used as a currency, but it's mostly used and most of its value comes from speculation and long term investing, only marginally is it actually used to make payments.
Yeah it is having a lot of opportunities and holding ability for people because it is good for both. Bitcoin is having ability for people to grow and it can be use as asset as well and it is depending as how we are making money from it as buying now and or using as asset bitcoin so it is up to us how we use bitcoin so I am using bitcoin as an asset and holding a lot of bitcoin for the sake of my future.
cryptoindustries

Activity: 75

btc

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:25:23 PM

What is your opinion?

bitcoin is really made to serve us with its currency function or as a medium of exchange for the people so they can have a more secure and fast option of payments where it can be integrated to technology and to the advancement of out financial system it only being made as asset because of its fast and high capital appreciation so its a safe haven for your assets
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:41:34 PM

What is your opinion?
Defining crypto as a currency and as an asset it also the same on what I am currenctly thinking right now but the statement that continuing on using crypto will destroy the initial purpose of the coin, I do agree and disagree with it somehow. Since cryptos are made to be a currency, it is intended that it must be used to buy and avail certain goods and services but since many people found it to be more beneficial on holding it, people do hesitate now whether they will spend or not and that was an awful effect of bitcoin as an asset.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: