Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:14:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3360 times)
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:36:45 PM

Both of these terms can be used in the marking of the cryptos. Right now Crypto is being more like an asset to all because the limited supply the coins are offering to the buyers. That limited supply is pumping the price for each crypto coin individually. Bitcoin is right now leading in the market because its supply is draining very fast. What will happen when every supply is drained? Cryptos will then be compared with the term currency because the usage of the cryptos will come to the place the moment the supply drains. We can surely say that the crypto coins are the asset right now till the future of the limited currencies comes.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:44:07 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?
What is your opinion?
Crypto serve as both currency and an asset. People can use crypto in the way they want whether to buy something as currency or hold it as an asset. Sometimes, people choose to hold their crypto because there is huge of demand of crypto in the market. so, that why the value of crypto is growing higher.  
donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:29:25 PM

crypto has a definition as a currency, but over time crypto becomes a valuable asset because of its fluctuating value and can be a good long-term investment.
whether this will reduce the purpose of the crypto or not. But as I said today crypto is a currency and a good investment for the future.
you can see the current bitcoin, now bitcoin can be used as currency and long term investment.

Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:45:17 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
Yes you are right infact thinj logicalllly if the very basic idea about these crypto fail who will really ask for them?? Then what will be the motive of the so called hodling of digital currency.
domari

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:46:37 PM

What is your opinion?

I think it is both. Can be an asset or a currency. But sometimes it's more likely to be an asset than a currency. Because we hold and keep it.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:02:00 PM

What is your opinion?
I treat cryptos as an asset and i've been holding so many altcoins from airdrops because i believe that in the future they will have a great value. I already made some mistakes for selling altcoins in the past that could have earned me a lot of money now. I will now hold and keep all my cryptos and will wait for the perfect time to sell it.

jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:06:03 PM

What is your opinion?

I think it is both. Can be an asset or a currency. But sometimes it's more likely to be an asset than a currency. Because we hold and keep it.

I agree it's both, in time I think that it can become more like a currency but now it behaves a lot more like an asset, the only way I see for it to become better used as a currency would be for stability to come in to place, how that can happen, I do not know.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:14:48 PM

cryptos can be both , Currencies for coins that aim to be used as ways to move money and spend it , And it can be asset for most of tokens , that are created to act as shares to collect money . Anyway , you can define cryptos the way you will use it , it is not a fixed definition for every coin/token
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:54:56 PM

What is your opinion?

I agree it's both, in time I think that it can become more like a currency but now it behaves a lot more like an asset, the only way I see for it to become better used as a currency would be for stability to come in to place, how that can happen, I do not know.
To me, crypto is a valuable asset that is converted to currency for investment and long-term accumulation. I do not think crypto is merely a currency to trade with normally because most coin presently have practical applications in different services, each coin carrying its own distinctive identity. This makes the coin difference. Currently crypto is the most valuable asset I know of.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:50:01 PM

What is your opinion?

Why do you think that it will destroy the initial purpose of the coin? It will just strengthen it in my opinion. If we trade bitcoin and it has become an asset that we hold and sell it  will still serve its purpose which is for convenient transaction and making it a currency that we trade. Still the same value and use, only that it has been improved.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀