Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3360 times)
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:05:04 PM

Everyone would like the bitcoin was a currency like any other and could really be used for daily trading.
But at the moment it is so unstable that it can only be used as an investment.

FeArZ

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:42:37 PM

As these days within the media once all is alleged in done there was information that in Byelorussia had received a law limiting the assessment of labor with the digital cash. i do not grasp why or what it's related to, but i used to be astounded, in light-weight of the very fact that the administration's strategy and activities with regard to the digital cash ar contrary.
Ronyx

Activity: 525

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:02:26 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

That is crypto coins with various uses, crypto coins can be used for transactions and also can as a medium for investment. I think it is freedom and an advantage on crypto coins.

Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:09:19 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

When i have commitments and currency is needed to solve it, i will use bitcoin or any other crypto currencies as currency. But when i am done with all the commitments and money is not needed to be spend for any purpose, i would save the crypto as an asset. It would wiser to save the crypto even when currency is needed for expense or any other purpose as crypto will certainly be more supportive down the line to lead the live wealthy.

imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

We can use crypto asset and currency both but crypto market is usually changing the value so i like to use like a currency.

Time goes by more people curious about the digital currency called Bitcoin. They are attracted and try the to use the bitcoin. We all know that Bitcoin is the first digital currency, and Bitcoin is the best popular coins and the most luxurious; it's volatility. You can use this to purchase and even that you can use this to pay bills. Crypto has multipurpose, and we can get money from it. 
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:30:39 PM

in my opinion it's natural that if people know ahead of a project and see a good project, I think they would prefer to buy and hold the coin instead of selling it...
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:26:39 PM

I don't know why but people nowadays using crypto as an asset only they saying that mining is not profitable for newbies and making others investing in crypto. People forget that crypo is currency.  Grin

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:28:30 AM

I don't know why but people nowadays using crypto as an asset only they saying that mining is not profitable for newbies and making others investing in crypto. People forget that crypo is currency.  Grin

A currency is issued, backed and regulated by a state via a central banking institution like USD, €, etc

Crypto is not currency, and only a handful of the current crypto assets can one day aspire to attain that level.

hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:33:50 AM

Cryptocurrency itself is an invention on the internet, the digital currency that operates independently without central bank intervention. The idea is how to create a system where money is not bound by geographic location, like the internet.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

I do not think there will be many countries that will be like Japan and make crypto legal tender.
So most cryptocurrencies will be treated more like an asset.

However with more stable coins emerging, I think using cryptocurrencies as a currency will become more prevalent in the future.

Until then, crypto is an asset in my eyes.
its too soon to tell,as we seen some US states accepting bitcoin as a tax payments,like Georgia and soon is Arizona,so what more other countries wont take this as legal tender?its just that many countries arent like japan whos very advanced but for sure in the next years this will happen..thats why im saving my bitcoin as an asset,that will bring me big profit
magle

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 11:55:38 AM

The tax authories in Denmark just ruled last week, that cryptocurrencies are assists, they are not currencies. So at least from a tax perspective in my home county, it is an asset.
heleng05

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:07:16 PM

As of now I see my coins as an asset to collect more coin I use to invest my money in more coins to make it an asset if there are good coin that invest I will add some more investment in that coin to earn more than putting all my coin in one asset that's why I choose to make it more coin than choosing it to a one coin. And it can make a currency if it has a stable amount of value that can people occupied for their online money.

CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:22:25 PM

What is your opinion?
You have touched on a really interesting topic for reasoning, which is worth the extra attention. Crypto currency can really be used as a currency, and as an asset, but I think everything will lead to the fact that all the same crypto currency will use as a currency, maybe not all countries, but it will happen.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:29:19 PM

Yes, this is a currency, but not so many countries accept crypto-currencies as a means of payment, and some even negatively regard them. I believe that in order to use crypto currency by name, as a means of payment - it takes time. Not all people are ready for this.

ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:41:21 PM

Personally I think we can all use Bitcoin as both asset and currency. Yes at first the purpose of Bitcoin is to be a currency that will change banking, payment and financial system. It has also been a great asset to have a store value in trading and investment. I use Bitcoin as both depending on the activity that I will do, I use it as currency when I shop online or use it to pay my flights or accommodations. I also use it as an asset when I am trading and investing.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
kukuli

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:18:57 PM

I agree as well as your confirmation that the take desire of digital currency is indeed to make the transaction fast and easier and yes, it becomes asset to everyone because digital currency has the potential to enhancement its value and at the thesame times, has the potential to create an income for perky. Most of the people characterize bitcoin to gold due to the fact that they has the potential of increasing its value as the period count by and yes, it was proven. However, bitcoin as well as has an disturb just along with the price deflation and inflation anytime.
Finnsimon

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:03:06 AM

It is both an asset and a currency, when you say asset it has value and bitcoins and other altcoins have value even for a penny. And when you say currency it is a system use in general as for bitcoin and other altcoins, its has not yet been widely use but still being used by people around the globe for buying things and services. So basically it has value and being used as a medium of exchange.

I agree bitcoin is both asset and currency, asset because its like a gold that has value, and currency  because it can be use us payment or even to buy stuffs online.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:11:40 AM

What is your opinion?

You can call cryptocurrency as an asset before when the price in the market is very low and no will really be interested on it since it was very cheap and more likely there is no way for it to increase its value any further and now we can call it as a currency because we can use bitcoins to buy our own needs.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:19:01 AM

The tax authories in Denmark just ruled last week, that cryptocurrencies are assists, they are not currencies. So at least from a tax perspective in my home county, it is an asset.

That will probably the general trend in Europe. Let's wait and see what those guys in the EU come up with...

Dinomoves

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

Bitcoin can be consider as currency which is just a digital currency that works through blockchain, and asset as well  which has value that increases.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: