Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:44:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11642 times)
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:08:14 AM

Probably one reason for people to say gold is better is Gold price more stable. It's price is supported by supply and demand. There is an underlined asset to support Gold price every time. While Bitcoin price is bubble or high vilatile and no underline asset.No formal issuer and no authority to be responsible to manage and control it. It is risky to use it as investment asset. But for me, Gold can be robbed or stolen and can not be used as payment method in every day transactions. While bitcoin is a digital asset and can be used as investment instrument and payment method at several places.
lealyn18

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:10:00 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
If we compare both Bitcoin and Gold and which is better, it doesn't mean that if one of them is easier to spend and which is accepted by stores and restaurants it is better. bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency, and can make you rich fast,Maybe for someone gold is better than bitcoin because you have and can touch your gold, and bitcoin is digital.But i think that bitcoin is better than gold.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:29:06 AM

Everyone will continue to say that gold is better than bitcoin or anything because gold prices are stable but when inflation is high then gold prices also skyrocket, gold needs will continue to increase and never decline, in small scale gold made many people as evidence of success and rich.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
dobladi

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:13:41 AM

The possible reason I think is the risk involved on investing to each of it. Gold has a more stable market value compared to Bitcoin. Volatility is a huge thing in terms of the market price of an investment because that is where will profit come from. If an investment has a volatile price,it would be risky investing into it and I think that's what givjng people the idea that gold is better.

thepolarbear

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:09:33 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Maybe most of the people are still saying that gold is better because of their lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. In fact, if you randomly ask someone on your neighborhood especially the old ones what is better, gold or crypto they will say gold due to it is intangible, have a high price, and popular since the civilization. In addition, most of the people are still not used in using crypto as a money as a payment.
cahgantenx

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:29:13 AM

because gold has high liquidity, this means you can sell gold to get cash quickly. This is different from other investment instruments, such as bonds or property where you need a second party to buy the investment you want to sell. Gold liquefaction places can be found everywhere, so you do not have to look for trouble. High liquidity is also beneficial for investors who are suddenly exposed to problems and need emergency cash.
Douglasyukanov
Copper Member

Activity: 346

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:11:30 AM

Of course people have known gold for a long time, many people who like gold.
For people who do not know about banking, especially rural or remote communities, they prefer to save their wealth in gold.
Whereas about the bitcoin, only a few people or groups know it, and to have bitcoin is not as easy as buying gold, and the bitcoin price is very volatile.
Gold is more familiar in almost all levels of society than bitcoin and has a stable price.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:40:56 AM

gold is one of the oldest currency in the world and most of the fiat currencies is backed by gold.
gold is hard to mine, produce and faked.
the characteristics of gold and as maleable easy to form whether a budha,saint or jewelry gives value to it for the wealthy to keep and use it as a status symbol.
this status symbol is what people longing for that is why many are obsessed with gold.
i believe that there will be an era that this precious gems and stones will be more common and people will loose its obsession with it and maybe bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be the missing link to it.
hopefully     
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:08:27 AM

Many of us  agreed that gold is better than bitcoin because it is proven and tested since at the earliest age until now it is precious and globally accepted as an asset. Bitcoin characteristics are unstable value, due to its volatilty. Bitcoin has not yet surpassed a century in able for us to put all our investment in it, we don't know yet, until when bitcoin exist.

Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:12:35 AM

A lot of people say gold is better because there is less risks involved when investing in gold and we can't really blame them because no one wants to lose their money which is why they go with gold mors ot the time.

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
josh07

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:14:53 AM

because the value of gold is so high that many say that gold is better than bitcoin I'm not a haters of bitcoin but btc does not really get the value of gold.

Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:20:40 AM

Most people say that gold is better because more people are familiar with gold than other crypto currencies and again the price of gold is relatively relative to the crypto currency whose price is very volatile, so with the gold price more relative people prefer gold rather than bitcoin and its kind

doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:32:13 AM

Maybe for someone, gold is better, but not for me. Gold, too, can not be paid in a store or in a salon, so what's better, maybe it's more expensive? I do not know. For me, bitcoin is the best and if I choose between gold and bitcoin, I prefer bitcoin. I think that he will justify my hopes and belief in him.
Elsie123

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:49:14 AM

The most probable reason i can think of about why people say gold is still better compared to bitcoin is the fact that gold has form. It's physical, tangible and precious that has been around for the past several years.
floresjonathan123

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:54:10 AM

it is changed in the past people were believing that gold is universally acceptable asset and stable in the world that’s why people become very attached with gold.
Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:09:17 AM

Gold has a higher selling power, has a stable exchange rate and is accepted in all countries. Gold is a commodity of trade and exchange.

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
Suguha

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:18:03 AM

I think because gold has a high quality of money compare to bitcoin, using bitcoin you can easily earn money just by answering questions but in gold little amount of it, you can have a high amount of money. and also bitcoin is not really popular in the world, maybe bitcoin is popular but not as popular of gold.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:05:02 AM

I belive this is a cultural matter. There are people who just like the old shiny things. It is true that gold always represented an investment and it has his own history despite bitcoin.
korong ajem

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:27:58 AM

I belive this is a cultural matter. There are people who just like the old shiny things. It is true that gold always represented an investment and it has his own history despite bitcoin.
you are right, i also think this is just a cultural problem because i am sure someone is really looking for profit then he will choose bitcoin than gold
Wasaisisi

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:31:46 AM

It is because not all of the people knows bitcoin, that is why they are saying that gold is better. They only know what is the worth of gold but they are judging bitcoin without knowing what its real worth. They didn't know that bitcoin is more valuable and more worthy than gold, hence, we can't force them to trust bitcoin or to invest their money to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: