Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20k Bitcoin upcoming!? What are your plans for the Alts?  (Read 2753 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:47:25 PM

Anyone feeling the way I am: Bitcoin is about to jump up to 10k!

We have broken 8k and the next stop seems to be 10k. This would mean a 25% increase in the price. If Alts follow the pattern from before (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x forks) we can expect a drop of 30-40% in the Alts. I will probably sell my Alts and wait for the coming drop. Or does anyone think that Alts will rise along with Bitcoin? What are your plans for the Alts in the coming week/month?

I think alts dropping before was in anticipation of getting free coins when bitcoin went through a chain split. If it's just anticipation that bitcoin will rise - with no serious upcoming chain split - then I don't think there is a reason for alts to drop at all. Just my guess though, these markets can be impossible to predict!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:49:22 PM

i have already sold all the altcoins that i had today when i saw the rise becoming more serious. it is just a matter of managing risks that i am willing to take as an altcoin trader. even if the rise doesn't happen and bitcoin stops here i have not lost anything because i can always catch the altcoin wagon mid-way but if the BTC rise intensifies and i am stick stuck with altcions in my pocket then i will be losing a lot.

besides, when the altcoin dumps start, there will be a good chance to pick them up at the bottom and if we are lucky we can see some of the altcoin bubbles finally burst and they can come back to be viable investment options.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
engrshu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:54:15 PM

The alts are doing well atm - consistent rises - lets hope every coin goes to the moon in 2018 lol - fill your bags now.

Agreeing with the consistency of altcoins, still hoping that eth will increase at least to $400 before the year ends. It's quite frightening actually, knowing that the increase in btc will surely attracts investors and might cause the downfall of altcoins. Still positively hoping that every coin will have a bright future ahead.

[
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

Alts can probably increase as the value of bitcoin continue appreciating surely many people will invest on alts after getting their profit from bitcoin. There are many promising alts today and I'm sure many of them will become successful like bitcoin. The future we are heading is the digital economy many establishment will open to support bitcoin and surely different ICO will be valued higher than it was today.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:01:30 PM

In last year! Bitcoin price can grown up to 10k! It very attractive for all member! I really like this!
Thanks to all
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:05:27 PM

We have broken 8k and the next stop seems to be 10k. This would mean a 25% increase in the price. If Alts follow the pattern from before (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x forks) we can expect a drop of 30-40% in the Alts. I will probably sell my Alts and wait for the coming drop. Or does anyone think that Alts will rise along with Bitcoin? What are your plans for the Alts in the coming week/month?

My portfolio allocations haven't changed much in the past 1-2 months. It's ~70-75% BTC, 20-25% ETH, with small positions in low/micro cap altcoins. I don't intend to buy heavily into altcoins again until I believe that BTC is entering a longer term consolidation (on the order of months). Since it's still in a parabolic uptrend, it's dangerous to be too heavily in altcoins.

Ethereum is looking very healthy. I think once we see some long term sideways in the BTC market, ETH is an easy 2-3x. I suspect that most altcoins will be rallying at that time.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:15:12 PM

10k looks like where Bitcoin is heading at the moment and this will leave the altcoin market in bad shape to recover. Would be only profitable to hold alts that can ramp up and make progress on their respective roadmaps with substantial support, otherwise it is looking very grim for most of the altcoins.
Subb0

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:16:42 PM

seems like everyones on the hype train for BTC, im sure it will get to 10k but alt coins have a place too seem to just be a bit over shadowed right now.  BTC you can't really 'do' much with where as alt coins server more of a practical system, well most of the time anyway.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:19:32 PM

Not cashing out your alts into bitcoin when it is on a ride like this is very hard to do, problem is if you go all in on bitcoin and then leave it too late to get back into your alts you could miss out on that one coin that you've had all that time going crazy.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:41:43 PM

for me if only gossip and there is no certainty, you should not be too trust and hope. I will not do anything before I can see its progress. but what always happens is, when the bitcoin price gets higher, the altcoin always weakens.
Dralarn

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:55:07 PM

Alts will probably take off after 2018. I think BTC has the current limelight and it actually stole it from ETH. ETH for example has so many things coming up (protocol updates) but everyone is completely focused on BTC because it gets all that media attention and the fact that institutional investors are looking to integrate it in their exchange and infrastructures. Before 2018 it's very likely that BTC will reach over 10k, because in December we'll see huge amount of interest in BTC exactly from the same people who have been bashing it so many years that it's a "fraud" and a failure. That's not the case in either way and they have proven it by eventually integrating it as a legit instrument to trade, go long and short. BTC will be part of the financial product family in one month and that will reflect its price.
Taskford

Activity: 2520
Merit: 786

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

I am just staying at the Bitcoin and waiting for the price to go up 10k but i am not selling bitcoin because that is a great opportunity for me to buy a lot of cheap altcoins because when the price of bitcoin reaches 10k then it will be a huge step up for bitcoin but a huge downfall for altcoin since its holders will go bitcoin to sell and get their profit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:19:34 PM

I am just staying at the Bitcoin and waiting for the price to go up 10k but i am not selling bitcoin because that is a great opportunity for me to buy a lot of cheap altcoins because when the price of bitcoin reaches 10k then it will be a huge step up for bitcoin but a huge downfall for altcoin since its holders will go bitcoin to sell and get their profit.
Today I converted a small portion of my alts to bitcoin that were not showing growth for a longer time period. As bitcoin keeps on increasing I made this decision and found most of the promising altcoins being in a stable position without much variation in terms of USD, though the price of btc keeps growing.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

If I had Bitcoins I'd cash out some of them. Some portion would invest to alts most of them are still cheap because of Bitcoin. But I think most ppl just holding their BTC.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 05:27:11 PM

I dont belive in the same correlation you guys talk about in this thread. The correlation that if BTC goes up, ALTs must go down. I think its wrong. Why would they?
nsasuiteb

BAILOUT

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:30:37 PM

My plan consists of just waiting because when bitcoin is too high, it is very risky to both sell or buy coins, I will just wait till bitcoin decrease to a reasonable price.

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:32:58 PM

Yeah, I think we cannot ignore the possibility of a 10k Bitcoin coming sooner than most people expected. I know I am surprised. All my alt coin bags prove it haha. I am definitely staying away from alts for a long time. It would take a big, big project that I am super interested in to pry away yet more Bitcoin from my hands. I think I am already "happy" with what I have and where they are. In deep losses but stable in dollar prices. This is probably going to be my outlook until Bitcoin corrects, if ever!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
chaosfourever

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:34:13 PM

Either way I will continue to hold. Hopefully Bitcoin doesnt fall too much or alts go with it which I still hate. One day alts will hopefully be truly separate. We need people to get more into alts and stop chasing bitcoin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:36:04 PM

If it follows the usual pattern alts will climb along side bitcoin. Although whenever some people make some money they will try to flip it so we will be in a red zone. When btc is healthy , alts are as well as everyone is trying to find the next big thing and earn enormous amounts. But don't forget that bitcoin is the big gigant out there and mostly because of this some alts have value as people tend to believe that this is the thing. So my expectations is that they should be healthy - but anyway this all depends on what kind of altcoin are you hodling. In case of lets say xmr,dash, eth or some other "recognisable" crypto I myself wouldn't sell them.

Point is that higher risk comes if you hold alts but thats why it can be more profitable at end. Since btc needs to be like 16k in value to be able to double its price where as some altcoin that is like 0.10 can easily be 0.20 or even more tommorow and also backwards.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:37:49 PM

I suppose there will be a little correction of the whole market towards the end of the week as it usually was.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: