Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin loses all its value what will happen to altcoins ?  (Read 1307 times)
cryptopan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:53:11 PM

Only solid altcoins will survive the BTC price declined,thats why i am looking for the alts which has a good working product or services in the real life for my long term investment.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:58:30 PM

I think it will affect also altcoins if bitcoin looses its value .Altcoind always depend on the price of bitcoin but I am for sure bitcoin will never looses its value for its stability it cannot defeated by others.I think altcoins has also a future and its always depends on the bitcoin standard.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:17:15 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 10:25:47 AM by An0nyMoose

Maybe bitcoin loses its value because the alts take over.

There are so many alts nowadays and if more of them start increasing in value and bitcoin starts decreasing in value then altcoins can take over the bitcoin but that is unlikely.

Bitcoin has to fix the issues fast though. Segwit and Lightning network need to be implemented quick.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
27_Mikhail_27

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

A New Exchange Era

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:17:23 PM

Do you think altcoins can survive without bitcoin leading the way ?
will the bitcoiners that lose faith go into altcoins or will they
just cash out and take profits ?

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin
even though some of the altcoins already offer some exciting new possibilities

In many people, crypto-currency is associated with BTS. Therefore, the collapse of bitcoin, obviously, will lead to the undermining of confidence among the masses, who only recently learned about the crypto currency in the media. But many already understand that BTC is not all crypto currency. My prediction is that the altcoyins will survive in any case. But I doubt that bitcoin will collapse.

cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:39:02 PM

If bitcoin's price declined most of the alts wont survive,only the solid coins will find their way to recover and most of the shitcoins will go down and eventually die.

sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:51:56 AM

if bitcoin loses its value may be Altcoin also affected because bitcoin is the core of Altcoin.
Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:37:44 AM

If bitcoin loses its value then altcoins will lose it too. We should remember that altcoins rely on bitcoin specially when it is a new coin. Why would they trust an altcooin when the original and first cryptocurrency lose its value. They will just prefer gold or fiat currency rather than altcoins.
Anphonsus

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:42:16 AM

Only solid altcoins will survive the BTC price declined,thats why i am looking for the alts which has a good working product or services in the real life for my long term investment.
Exactly my thoughts. I only invest and hold Alt coins which have real-life products or services. And stay away from those which only has promises on paper.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
mixail09

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:00:02 AM

in what case BTC can loose all its value?
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:01:23 AM

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin

Yes and no. I have monitored alts for long enough to know that some of them stay where they are when bitcoin looks shaky. They will lose their price in usd though as we've seen it many times in the past.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Yes and no. I have monitored alts for long enough to know that some of them stay where they are when bitcoin looks shaky. They will lose their price in usd though as we've seen it many times in the past.
lesson learn and better to make sure you have a lots of patience when you are inside crypto as you can easily lose your money if you panic when
price fell because of bitcoin corrections, as we knew that bitcoin is the basis of alts value when it fells then the value in usd will fell with it, so
keep remembering that time will come and bounce back will happen.

GiorgosK (OP)

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:32:23 PM

I have a feeling that in 2018 will see Bitcoin even out its marketcap with all the rest of the top coins
and more money will also flow into less undervalued coins that have working products or promise to have products ready this year

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
havoc928

Activity: 379

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:13:56 PM

i think that bitcoin is a big brother of all altcoins, if bitcoin loses all its value, the same thing will happen to altcoins.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Kalu1

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:57:22 PM

If bitcoin loses all its value, all altcoins will suffer and follow suit. Altcoins are alive because of the belief in bitcoin.
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:59:45 PM

Most altcoins will die , and there will be another coin to be king and be paired with other coins on exchanges.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:50:05 AM

I think that if bitcoin loses, the price of altcoin will increase. It is general situation for the cryptocurrency. Be patient if we have many bitcoins now because the price is low  Roll Eyes

I think this is what is happening for the last 2-3 months

It is just impossible to imagine that Bitcoin will fail wholly. There are no reasons for such conclusion. So I don’t see any sense to discuss what will be with altcoins in such situation. But altcoins are very dependable of Bitcoin that’s true.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 12:57:23 PM

If bitcoin loses its value it affects the whole market for a while because all other coins are moving in the direction of btc, but  than there are chances for other coins as they have their own value and market achieved till time, some coin will must come forward to hold the position of btc , but this looke like a dream only in the present. 

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: