Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone still believe in ETN? (Electroneum)  (Read 924 times)
neatworld (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:21:24 PM

I got sucked in by the ICO, tried mining, and discovered their forum (not even an official one...) where everyone is obviously ra ra HODL. Now there was a lot I really liked about the project but I'd like to hear from people who have been doing this much, much longer than me and are not necessarily as invested as the folks in the other forum (or on their FB page).

Can it rebound from all their security issues? Have other ICOs suffered this scale of failure to launch and then come back to become viable options in the crypto world? I mean - people talk about it as potentially being bigger than bitcoin but they can't even get their act together and release the wallets to legitimate investors....

Anyone able to give me concrete reasons why I should still believe in ETN?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:24:32 PM

Sorry, it seemed like an interesting idea, but I have no reason to believe in this project anymore.

I'll be shocked if it ever even gets off the ground at this point. It would take a lot to recover from the mess they've made.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:32:13 PM

I got sucked in by the ICO, tried mining, and discovered their forum (not even an official one...) where everyone is obviously ra ra HODL. Now there was a lot I really liked about the project but I'd like to hear from people who have been doing this much, much longer than me and are not necessarily as invested as the folks in the other forum (or on their FB page).

Can it rebound from all their security issues? Have other ICOs suffered this scale of failure to launch and then come back to become viable options in the crypto world? I mean - people talk about it as potentially being bigger than bitcoin but they can't even get their act together and release the wallets to legitimate investors....

I still believe in ETN because, at  the moment, i have a plan to buy somes coin to invest! I hope this coin will grown up in next times!
neatworld (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:57:35 PM

Thanks for the replies. Rooster, what exactly makes you still believe in ETN apart from the fact that you want to buy some coins?
miracles-can-happen

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:20:07 PM

I've invested a lot during their ICO..I'm really disappointed with their performance on the exchange now. I think I'll stay away from ICO's for now..you can never really guarantee a successful development. Better is it to invest in a token/coin that just got listed on an exchange,before being listed on coinmarketcap or the bigger exchanges.Buy when their price is still low, because as soon as a coin gets listed on CMC the price will rise up. TIO is my candidate at the moment.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

i think i have missed something, what are the security issues?
this was my first ICO so i am becoming worried by this board.
i would hope that whatever issues are surfacing now are only temporary and once sorted and exchanges, trading, mining and useage are normal it would be good.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
treezee

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:48:54 PM

UPDATE:  (Side note, why would he employ HackerOne if this is a money grab scam?)

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, don't panic - your ETN Coins are safe!

To say we've had a rocky start is something of an understatement, but I'd like to make sure everyone understands what is going on!

As you'll probably be aware, when we launched there were hundreds of user's accounts that had been compromised. I need to re-iterate that Electroneum WAS NOT HACKED. Hundreds of user's accounts had been accessed because their email accounts had been hacked OR they had signed up to Electroneum using an email and password combination that had been hacked from ELSEWHERE (e.g. Yahoo hack, Dropbox hack, Linkedin hack etc.). We shut down our system before any transfers took place to ensure that we do everything in our power to ensure the safety and security of our user's Electroneum coins.

We realized the huge amount of effort that was being put into attacking our system – so we stayed offline to add a huge amount of additional security and then engaged HackerOne, who work for the US Department of Defence, Uber, Spotify etc. They are currently working with our system on a closed, private, “challenge” to try and penetrate it. This will be finished and any bugs found fixed, within the next 3 weeks. You can see the details here: https://hackerone.com/electroneum

So far, HackerOne have NOT successfully penetrated our system security. Obviously we will be very pleased if they don't manage to gain any access during the challenge, but if they do, they will work with us to ensure any vulnerability found is removed.

We are not wasting our time whilst this challenge has been carried out. Software is never finished! Think about Microsoft Word or Microsoft Windows. Barely a year goes past without some sort of incremental update to the user interface and functionality, and these are very mature items of software. We have loads of items on our road map that we are coding, so when we go live, it's with a more polished app, that has a more friendly user experience. If you'd like to see the Electroneum app we've got coming out, take a look at this video I made to explain the Electroneum app to some of our social media influencers:

https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/videos/1916972631898039/

We've had some people worry that we have run off with their money - I can assure you that everything is OK, we are working hard to ensure the new launch in the first or second week of December (after we get the "all clear" from HackerOne) is a great success.

If you'd like to see the Electroneum Team working in our office, here is a visit by CryptoRich, a prominent cryptocurrency Youtuber (not affiliated with Electroneum):

Interview Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPe23Q5XCW8

Interview Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWbqVJY2zok

As well as improving the software I have personally been pursuing some commercial relationships so we can get some firm agreements in place as soon as we can after launch. I have had some very promising exchanges in the mobile phone (cell phone) industry. We have a number that we are pursuing, but one that is very keen to meet with us, has over 50m active monthly subscribers in the developing world. We've always believed that our mobile miner could offset people's phone costs, but we didn't realise how interested the airtime providers themselves would be in our technology.

I'm very sorry that we've had this delay after our November 1st aborted launch. Whilst the delay will be just over a month and take the NEW launch into the first or second week of December, I'd like everyone to remember that this is just a delay, and it's adding LOADS of security to the product. A worthy delay in most people's opinion. Most ICO or crowdfunding events are to raise the funds to build a product with no specific launch date. I'm sorry I missed our November launch date, but remember I had funded the development of the product beforelaunch and we were raising funds to grow it and take it to a wider audience, faster, with a huge marketing budget. The software app is now better tested and developed than ever before, and the additional layers of security that have been added, along with the testing from HackerOne will make our commercial partnerships easier to secure.

Electroneum is STILL the most exciting, and awesome project I've ever been involved with - and when it re-launches next month, it has even MORE chance of changing the way the world sees and uses cryptocurrency.

Please keep an eye on our Twitterand Facebook pages for updates, and remember that Electroneum is listed on the Cryptopia.co.nzexchange - and other exchanges will follow soon after launch. Once we gain significant user numbers we will get listed on some of the worlds largest exchanges.

I'd like to say again that I'm truly sorry for the launch delay and I'd like to thank everyone for their patience,

Richard Ells
Founder of Electroneum
richard.ells@electroneum.com

PS here's a GREAT, positive, video about Electroneum that is made by a non-affiliated, non-paid vlogger who really gets what Electroneum can be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRorGyGuJMw

PPS - And for the mathematically inclined - here's an explanation of our 21 billion coin decision - and why the Electroneum coin supply is fundamentally lower than bitcoin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjUxfvobH0

PPPS - oh go on then, one more link for luck - here's a post on our Facebook page that's had over 40,000 views and over 1,200 likes or loves. It's a handful of the positive comments that we've received from people, despite us having failed to deliver on time. Thanks again to everyone who has kept us positive, Electroneum will be worth the wait...
https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/1914012968860672
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:59:44 PM

I think the fact that the price is still at over 2.5x ICO price shows you that plenty of people still believe in electroneum. For something that has hit so many stumbling blocks to still be in considerable profit for ICO investors is quite remarkable. IF (it's a big if) they can get over these problems and get everything working then I still see there being a lot of support as they do have a great idea.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Maren

Activity: 304

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:07:36 PM

The idea was shaky from the start, but if enough people get going any silly idea can fly. They made a real and proper mess out of it though. The current ETN price is so high because of insanely limited supply the miners can push out, once they distribute the tokens to everyone expect a huge, HUGE volume dump. There is a chance of long-term appreciation if they make some good content for their app, but I wouldn't hold my breath.   

magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

i don't believe in this. max supply is to high and everyone can mine it. forget this. the hype was to big.
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:47:49 PM

Richard Ells

Can you give us a date in order to understand when the situation came back to "normality"?
Saifher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:58:43 PM

I don't, and i'd advise everyone to back away from the project. Too many red flags have already appeared and in a market so volatile as crypto, it could all crumble within minutes or hours while you're asleep. I wouldn't feel safe having my investments on ETN right now.

ScamcoinBagholder

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:04:07 PM

I think the fact that the price is still at over 2.5x ICO price shows you that plenty of people still believe in electroneum. For something that has hit so many stumbling blocks to still be in considerable profit for ICO investors is quite remarkable. IF (it's a big if) they can get over these problems and get everything working then I still see there being a lot of support as they do have a great idea.

The price is still at over 2.5x ICO price and the people are complaining? LoL.
marks1976

Activity: 893

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:25:35 PM

If you are seeing another promising project and you must believe about you get fooled by ETN shill. Electroneum is very bad coin imo. Why don't you try to invest in the Pos coin?
It seems better caused by the limited supply. Electroneum will get a lot of new coin everyday.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
neatworld (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:55:58 PM

Ummm.. YEAH because none of the original ICO investors can take advantage of this 2.5 x ICO price. That privilege belongs to the miners and guess what - I've tried mining and with my simple little laptop, I'm not getting anything worth writing home about in any of the pools - official or unofficial. I don't work in a tech-related department so I don't have the luxury of mining on the computers at work, either. Can you blame us for feeling a bit worried, especially since it looks like there will be huge dump once the wallets are released? Lucky for me, I spread my risks when it comes to investments but it's just too bad because I truly wanted this project to take off. Even if it wasn't a scam to begin with, given all the delays and excuses, it's just starting to smell like a baaad deal.

re: Hackerone - I read on another thread that Hackerone haven't really confirmed their involvement in the project and that the only reference to ETN on their end is a user-generated page? Would love more background or info on this from anyone who knows better than me!
sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:01:49 PM

I would not particularly believe any project. Even if he grew up against the background of others. The overbought asset will still fall over time. It is better to buy at the initial stage.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
hosseinimr93
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 5235

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:09:07 PM

Ummm.. YEAH because none of the original ICO investors can take advantage of this 2.5 x ICO price. That privilege belongs to the miners and guess what - I've tried mining and with my simple little laptop, I'm not getting anything worth writing home about in any of the pools - official or unofficial. I don't work in a tech-related department so I don't have the luxury of mining on the computers at work, either. Can you blame us for feeling a bit worried, especially since it looks like there will be huge dump once the wallets are released? Lucky for me, I spread my risks when it comes to investments but it's just too bad because I truly wanted this project to take off. Even if it wasn't a scam to begin with, given all the delays and excuses, it's just starting to smell like a baaad deal.

re: Hackerone - I read on another thread that Hackerone haven't really confirmed their involvement in the project and that the only reference to ETN on their end is a user-generated page? Would love more background or info on this from anyone who knows better than me!

There is no doubt that everything will become normal and all the investors can make huge profits. The team is working hard, if they were scam, there was no need to make an announcement about what is going on.
There are many scam ICOs which you cannot find the team once the ICO ends. But Electroneum team is working to solve the problems and keep in touch with investors.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:23:54 PM

There is no doubt that everything will become normal and all the investors can make huge profits. The team is working hard, if they were scam, there was no need to make an announcement about what is going on.
There are many scam ICOs which you cannot find the team once the ICO ends. But Electroneum team is working to solve the problems and keep in touch with investors.

But it just became such a messy situation, it's never easy recovering from that. But I could see it happening.
neatworld (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:30:01 PM

Let me clarify, I do not think ETN is an outright scam. But I think it's lost a lot of its gloss and trustworthiness, especially with the devs constantly changing the dates when the wallet will be released.  I start to have strong doubts that they can ever properly recover from this.

That's why I asked if anyone who knows crypto better than me, knows of other altcoins that also had a very rocky start and went on to be relatively stable. Not trying to attack ETN here, but definitely saying it has a lot of 'splainin to do Smiley
cryptbro

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:35:24 PM

Marketing is top notch. Haven't seen any other coin market as well as them and that is going to speak volumes once they actually go live. A lot of the project is still under development. Wallet, site, etc. they honestly haven't even started yet but it's a good sign they're testing security with hackerone. Just be patient most people don't even have their coins/know how to buy them yet. I think they're going to tap a shit ton of new crypto people and bring in a lot of new money. I'll be mining and hodling til then!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: