Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2046 times)
CoPil

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

If you would want to know that exactly, then... no one will give you the right answer. We may give our assumptions but those would be considered as an opinion and not a fact.  It may replace fiat in the future since a lot (but not most) people are looking forward for it to happen. But that would take a long time to happen (talking about the arguments with the government and central banks of each country). You see, most people nowadays are not that familiar or interested with cryptocurrencies (some) they may know what it is but they are not using it or probably they are not that open to the idea of replacing fiat money.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:24:49 PM

no one knows for sure if crypto will replace fiat money even though crypto investors would love to see this happen in few years to come. also there are other currencies currently trying hard to overtake bitcoin but none yet..lets just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens in the crypto world
Otuovila

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:36:54 PM

This is happening very soon, inasmuch cryptocurrency is use for exchange for other things
TricksterX

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:43:03 PM

i think its so hard to replace fiat currency, if cryptocurrency price still depends on demand, crypto never get stable price
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:47:19 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

Right now, it is so hard to exactly determine which coin will take over but I do believe that cryptocurrency will as common as fiat in the future. I really do hope that cryptocurrency will not die and dominate the economy. In this revolutionized economy, I think our society is more advanced and hopefully more efficient too. I can't wait to see when this will happen and lastly, I hope I am still alive to see it folds.
viyumztf

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:49:20 PM

The future encrypted currency will certainly not replace the legal currency. We can consider the encrypted currency as a supplement to the Fiat, but it can not replace the Fiat because the legal currency is the power given by the government, and the encrypt currency has no ability to challenge this right.
TRON0824

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:53:51 PM

maybe . its hard to replace bitcoin to fiat . im thinking how it work if bitcoin goes down then you purchase a car for exact ammount after 1 hr it goes up at 50% . Huh
FOUAD1994

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:55:23 PM

Yes
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:14:07 PM

Fiat is used much more widely has a much higher supply and will forver be an important part of the concept of money . It is unlikely for crypto to replace fiat albeit it can comprise as the major part of the currency system. Laymen are yet to be educated upon crypto so until we see a widespread development in technology fiat cannot be forgotten.
Stormyblue

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:27:47 PM

In my opinion, crypto currency may not replace fiat money but i really look forward to a time that both of these currencies will be used hand-in-hand by people all over the world. This is the future I hope for. This is because, though crypto currencies holds the key to ease of transactions both p2p and B2B, it will be very difficult to eliminate fiat money completely from the system. All the coins mentioned has the potential to make hikes in prices but i don't think any of them can overtake Bitcoin. Actually the crypto community need Bitcoin to to continue growing to help these coins to also grow.
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:37:19 PM

Crypto will not replace fiat money , even how good cryptocurrency in performance , but if there is no proclamation of the government that we are now using crypto then , fiat money is still on the go, crypto will be still circulating in the digital world, because fiat money is the usual exchange of value , ordinary citizen prefer fiat money than cryptocurrency,
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:39:36 PM

The adoption of cryptocurrencies instead of fiat money will not be that an easy process because, here, we are talking about the changing the whole monetary system. Nevertheless, in comparison with fiat money, cryptocurrencies have advantages that will make it surpass fiat money. Crucial here, the regulation of cryptos may be a useful point in the way to enhance the process of replacing fiat money, but this regulation should be applied by the acceptance of people themselves not by one entity.   

ridobtc

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:45:45 PM

bisa jadi hahaha
Gen-8

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:54:30 PM

Perhaps only a few countries will use this digital currency to replace their fiat currency they currently use, as there are still some countries that do not legalize this Bitcoin in their country.
But all can happen, and we will not know what's happening in front of it, hopefully this Bitcoin in the future will be acceptable in this whole world, so we can all feel a real proof of digital technology that we will use as a tool of transaction period front. And Bitcoin will remain the number one coin in the digital currency of the future.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:08:48 PM

I agree with that crypto will replace fiat money but i think it is too long for that it will happen, with crypto business transaction will be faster ever through online and no corruption will be made with this because there is no government officials involve.
Nobody will allow it. At least for now. BTC and cryptocurrency can not be adjusted. It is a completely independent creation. This is the problem. BTC will not be legal because it can not be controlled ...
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:11:33 PM

Crypto won't ever replace the current system (at least that vision is impossible to foresee) but rather a co-existing system makes much more sense. It would be a sad day if any coin other than Bitcoin was the one that undid the financial system and that is the only one that can imo.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:19:32 PM

crypto define the befits of being a decentralised currency rather than saying its is the future crypto can be handled as asset and fiat as money but mostly in digital format
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:33:18 PM

I think we all know that it will take years of arguments and discussions to make cryptocurrency as an "equal" to fiat and a lot longer to replace it completely if that is even possible. The current situation right now of cryptocurrency is critical so we should be careful and avoid any other nonsense arguments with bashers and no-good critiques.
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:42:47 PM

May be in the next 10 years time there are chances for the wider acceptance of crypto currency which could lead to replacing fiat currencies to crypto currencies as the world is moving to a digital age some of the Government's started to accept the bitcoin  and block chain technology whereas Some Governments started to explore the bitcoin and block chain technology as there is more demand for bitcoins in the crypto currency market they are learning about the bitcoin and block chain technology either to accept that technology or to start their own crypto currency which could lead to replacing fiat currencies to cryptos

Daday23

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:45:28 PM

I think No,fiat is the first currency use by our ancestors till now and i dont think it will replace by crypto currency.Maybe in the future crypto and fiat are the currency used by people.The decision is in the people what they want to used.Crypto now a days is not very popular and their is a country not accept bitcoin.But bitcoin is very helpful to everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: