Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2051 times)
Johnnyrig

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:01:37 AM

That would not happen people still want fiat because it's easier to use you don't need an internet connection and we all know that there are some people don't have idea what bitcoin is.

i wouldnt say it will never happen.. but the fight will be long for crypto to really replace fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ray3z

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:08:43 AM

Well i guess its YES  Cheesy but  it will takes many many years before its all implemented in all over the country.

Well anybody has their own thought about everything include this. I think cryptocurrency will never replace fiat. Although cryptocurrency can survive for very long time but fiat will be more exist.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:09:09 AM

i believe into crypto as currency but i'm telling the truth i can't i the future of the crypto so far to replace the fiat the reason are crypto as first ditigal currency being decentralized is easy to use in any transaction i'm favor for the idea the crypto replace fiat, but for now have many country against the crypto as currency and hopefully someday crypto become legit worldwide.
yes, I agree with you, but for now bitcoin today is just a digital asset, and there are still many against bitcoin, but I'm sure someday bitcoin will replace fiat currency.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:11:06 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
No! Because cyptocurrency is not stable like fiat but cryptocurrency is very helpful to increase the amount of fiat in the future so if you have more fiat now that means you will get more money or fiat in the future but if all cryptocurrency will become stable curtency or virtual i think crypto will replace the fiat.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:19:46 AM

Well you can see that a few countries have already started to develop their own cryptos like Dubai, Estonia and China for example. Maybe crypto won't replace fiat but it surely is there to be somewhat even with it and be it's backup, but reducing the use of fiat will greatly help out the budget since coins and bills wouldn't have to be replaced and printed.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
igotBAWS

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:20:45 AM

I say fiat money will evolve to crypto.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:26:13 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

I cannot freaking understand why a lot of people really want bitcoin to replace cash. It is just stupid. Just try amd think how many things are involved with this idea. How lany people will get hit by this happening. If you do this, you will see that we are so far from being ready to have something like this happen. And is even more likely to be impossibl why not just use both? Why make thing more complicated when it cam be a whole lot easier? Tss -.-
That's right, there is no need to push crypto even bitcoin to replace our old form of currency. We are happy to have crypto but not the purpose of replacing fiat money, instead it gives us options which one we've gonna used in a certain transactions.  In fact, digital form money are existed already before the creation of crypto just like using atm and credit cards,  and we still using it until  now.
I don't think if the crypto currency replace fiat, maybe there's a possibility to happen when digital era's come. But I think its been a long period of time before it happen, because most of the people are still not know what is crypto currency and how it is used.

Otherwise, In my view if many people are not attract to crypto our dream to become digitalize in the future were impossible to happen.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:28:42 AM

Even though crypto are very popular today but it isn't in a form of currency instead it become a huge investment, that's why there is no reason that it will replaced fiat money nor it kill local currencies. Cryptocurrencies are totally different from each others, in forms and in used. Both are very useful today as it always gives us options which one we are comfortable to use and applicable in a certain areas.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:21:29 AM

Just like cryptocurrency, fiat currency has come to stay. Non will replace the other. However, cryptocurrency will take up a lot space being occupied right now by fiat currency.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
rube08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:25:50 AM

Not anytime in the near future.  Bitcoin will complement fiat but not replace fiat.  Think about all the 90 year old ladies, people who don't know how to use a computer, the ones who still write checks at the grocery stores, etc.  If cryptocurrency did replace fiat, everyone would need to keep their private keys in their heads because there is going to be a lot of people that would lose their wallets and have to start life over again. 
yuyuchain

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:47:42 AM

This will not be possible in a short time. There are still many countries that ban Bitcoin transactions, but I believe in the near future Bitcoin will be accepted by more and more countries.
xDsoGood

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:58:54 AM

I think no is the answer. Government don't acknowledge bitcoin. I think there is no need to replace fiat currency. Fiat currency is much stable the crypto currency.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:02:07 AM

It is possible but for now fiat currency is the important. Crypto will be replace that if more people invest crypto.
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:02:18 AM

The development of the world raises the need for a fast, secure and confidential payment system. The payment system is a mechanism that includes the arrangements used for the delivery of payments through the exchange of values ​​between individuals, I think crypto money will not replace fiat money.

Crypto cannot replace fiat money. They are very distinct with each other. They could just go hand in hand with fiat money but not totally replace it. What will happen if internet breaks or power supply breaks? Will it mean transactions will stop either? That's why we shouldn't replace fiat with cryptocurrency alone.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:15:51 PM

I don't think it can replace Fiat, but I do think with many more crypto currencies aiming for mass adoption and offering a token that has some real life use, it has a better chance to be adopted as a new form of payment.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:51:52 PM

This could be yes or not. In many country bitcoin is still ban so in those countries their is no chance of bitcoin to replace their Fiat currency. In many country bitcoin declared as legal but in my opinion it can't replace the fiat money because bitcoin doesn't pay tax and some how effect the country economic too Cry. Although in this time it has highest market value, but its price is highly volatile due to this reason many people doesn't want use it. So this could be a reason that bitcoin not replace Fiat currency Undecided. Bitcoin is not globally accepted and many people still doesn't believe upon virtual money truly.  Embarrassed
PureEpic

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:55:39 PM

Well i guess its YES  Cheesy but  it will takes many many years before its all implemented in all over the country.

how long do you think its gonna take?
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:05:51 PM

No crypto cannot replace fiat money,alot of developing countries do not have access to the internet which is a requirment to access the crypto space.
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:10:09 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

No cryptocurrency will ever replace the fiat currency. What came up to your mind and you thought of this? Having cryptocurrency as the main currency in the world is difficult. Think about this - not all people have an access to the Internet. If fiat currency totally vanished, a lot of people will have a problem.

Minionnn

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:13:32 PM

I think it can happen but it takes a lot of time. As you can see, bitcoin is thriving. There is no virtual currency that can compare to bitcoin. The bitcoin market is growing and will gradually replace other virtual currencies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: