Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 11:34:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2060 times)
Yohr87

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:02:08 PM

It's impossible to happen in the future.All people in the world used fiat in their everyday expenses. Since in the beginning fiat is the currency used and Bitcoin is only 10years exist.And not all people familiar on it.Maybe crypto currency will not replace fiat but it is the other currency used by people.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:09:07 PM

Bitcoin for now and nearest future won't be taking over this one. It has not being accepted world wide and as even being banned by some countries. In the next 10years plus, fiat will still be very available, well mostly in the third world countries.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
putriliesma

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:16:41 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

In the future it could be because people want to transact quickly, easily and safely. Therefore the right target is the crypto currency because the transaction system is very easy.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:23:14 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

Like most of people in this community, I dream that cryptocurrency will replace fiat in the economy but that will long way and I might be even dead when that happens. But I still hope I can be part of the process. Hopefully, there will be enough number of cryptocurrencies to meet the demand of the future market. I am not sure which one will top in that time but I hope it will be great no matter what.
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:24:15 PM

Yes. the purpose of crypto's innovation is becoming a transaction tool. And with their advantages, there is no doubt that in the future crypto currency will replace fiat money
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:34:24 PM

I think that sooner or later it will happen, but I can say with certainty that this is not a fast process! Crypto currency is very pesrpektivna and its use simplifies our life! But the rate is too unstable, which is a big minus!
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:37:18 PM

Cryptocurrency will not replace Fiat. Because Fiat has a wider range than Cryptocurrency in its use. Therefore, when compared with Fiat, crypto is still too small. However, in the future it could happen.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:54:17 PM

I think No,fiat is the first currency use by our ancestors till now and i dont think it will replace by crypto currency.Maybe in the future crypto and fiat are the currency used by people.The decision is in the people what they want to used.Crypto now a days is not very popular and their is a country not accept bitcoin.But bitcoin is very helpful to everyone.
Moreover, the fiat currency is centralized with the central bank and controlled by the government. The power of the law is much stronger than the decentralized bitcoin. So, although bitcoin will later be accepted as a means of payment, but not to replace the position of fiat money. Fiat is a form of government sovereignty in finance.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:59:34 PM

There is a possibility thay bitcoin would replace fiat in  the future.
sadsNDJ
Copper Member

Activity: 131
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:22:10 AM

Hi there.

For me I think no, there are lot's of consequences once the fiat money will replace in BTC. The fluctuations in demand for bitcoin and its competitors, in the face of relatively fixed supply because of its wide swings in the price. The disadvantage does crypto could rooted to us is borderless. This might be good insofar as it could facilitate greater trade and capital flows, but from a monetary policy perspective, the Bitcoin ‘area’ is not likely to be an ‘optimal’ currency area.

Fiat money has its own value that its hard to change, it seems like only the government control its own value. Its not the same with BTC, that people are the one controlling its money, that's why we might can feel some changes of the prices. So overall it is still good to stick in our own money which is the fiat money. BTC is just good for a safe and fast transaction and to gain big if you're too lucky about it.

bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:29:52 AM

No I highly doubt that cryptocurrency will replace fiat yet. Fiat has been there and has been used for centuries. Although I believe that fiat and cryptocurrency will go hand in hand. Foat is far more recognized and widely accepted compared to cryptocurrency which is on its early stage. Maybe someday when cryptocurrency has established its credibility more and become well known then we may see cryptocurrency replacing fiat money.
ClarenceDo

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:36:05 AM

A large number of people start useing crypto instead of fiat money, so it is already replacing.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:44:44 AM

I think crypto cannot replace the fiat because fiat is known from the start that is really a good payment system while crypto is new in this modern world many people today that still didn't even know what is crypto yet while fiat is verry well known. We cannot replace fiat because fiat and Crypto is really different.

youdacapt

Activity: 1862
Merit: 295

GOD is TRUE

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:50:24 AM

No I highly doubt that cryptocurrency will replace fiat yet. Fiat has been there and has been used for centuries. Although I believe that fiat and cryptocurrency will go hand in hand. Foat is far more recognized and widely accepted compared to cryptocurrency which is on its early stage. Maybe someday when cryptocurrency has established its credibility more and become well known then we may see cryptocurrency replacing fiat money.

indirectly you have acknowledged that bitcoin is capable of replacing fiat, I think it is not about credibility because bitcoin can be ruled out to be a digital commodity if all the countries want it, I am sure that with the coming of digital future will make many countries start to make their digital crypto currency respectively, but still do not want bitcoin to be the top one.

for the clause to replace the fiat, it will surely happen because the government is also concerned with the reduction of the state budget to create a physical fiat.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:54:21 AM

I think no, there is many people who using crypto but there is so many people still want to use fiat money because they don't know what is crypto and how to use it. And there is some people know what is crypto but they don't want to try it because they think that it is scam or fake, because you cannot hold crypto and it doesn't exist in the real world, so that they think that anytime it can be disappear.
UlanganBik

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:56:00 AM

it may be substituted if all countries agree or have been inaugurated in each country if the Cryptocurrency currency is better than fiat currency and I am sure in 2050 Cryptocurrency currency will be inaugurated in every country and takes a long time to adapt in every country because many who disagree with Cryptocurrency currency and still hold firmly fiat may be useful to receive
RenatoVillarinJr

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:01:58 AM

Bitcoin is not what it is advertised to be. It is not cheaper to transmit. It is not easy to use. If you are skeptical of this then try using Bitcoin to buy something and compare it to using a credit card, To understand some of the reasons governments prefer fiat, it is useful to look at the role of currency and why comparable non fiat currencies like gold are not dominant,...
KID_28

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:21:28 AM

Yup! I think bitcoin will replace fiat currency but not too soon. People today is not easily accepting the future. But it will definitely replace the fiat currency, people just need some time to accept and study the knowledge behind bitcoin.
DarrinEspacio

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:49:35 AM

The way crypto is growing i think within a short time it will replace fiat.
Big Show

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:06:00 AM

I think it would be very difficult for crypto coins to replace fiat money. Basically fiat money is ingrained in people's lives and it would be hard to change that habit.Iit also deals with government regulations that prohibit bitcoin as the currency that replaces the national currency. Of course the government will oppose if the coin crypto bitcoin replaces the function and role of fiat money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: