Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:28:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4112 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:32:53 PM

Only girls are scared the first time they are jumped, so many shitposts, Satoshi has Lot of BTC, can you find him anywhere? he has no fear, holding almost a million Bitcoins. speaking of hacking and hackers, I don't know why I have no longer any access to the alt coin icons, tamper monkey still shows them as enabled. lol now I am getting to feel OP's concern here.

🖤😏
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:13:42 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 01:29:20 PM by TTITA

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
As you hold it for long investment, If i become you, yes i should worried. What i will to do
- Don't save all your BTC in 1 wallet only. Divide your BTC in some wallet, offline wallet, paper wallet, desktop, razor, etc. There is still any chance hackers can takeover your BTC that you save on your computer or web wallet online only.
- Save all information in secure place, means you need safe-box to place your paper-wallet, hardware wallet likes trezor, ledger, etc that works for your desktop backup wallet and password.
- Giving information to your suppose or family, how to using and access it.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:49:30 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

As you hold it for long investment, If i become you, yes i should worried. What i will to do
- Don't save all your BTC in 1 wallet only. Divide your BTC in some wallet, offline wallet, paper wallet, desktop, razor, etc. There is still any chance hackers can takeover your BTC that you save on your computer or web wallet online only.
- Save all information in secure place, means you need safe-box to place your paper-wallet, razor, usb-disk for your desktop backup wallet and password.
If I am holding a quiet long term investments of my bitvoin well I Guess I must be feel worried about the hackers. I couldn't be comfortable now that I know hackers are more quiet wiser to hacked even the most secured sites. And I've already been experience that my accounts here in this forum was hacked so I guess even my coin wallet will be possible too.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:56:23 AM

I will not fear because i won't stay all my bitcoin in one place. I will put it in separate wallet and I will invest the other part for more investment to earn more.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:59:51 AM

- Save all information in secure place, means you need safe-box to place your paper-wallet, razor, usb-disk for your desktop backup wallet and password.
If I am holding a quiet long term investments of my bitvoin well I Guess I must be feel worried about the hackers. I couldn't be comfortable now that I know hackers are more quiet wiser to hacked even the most secured sites. And I've already been experience that my accounts here in this forum was hacked so I guess even my coin wallet will be possible too.
I think we must be aware to the possibilities that even our account hete at campaigns can also be hacked whats more on our coin wallet which we save our full effort and perseverance for a long run. So for me we must be scared so as a solution I think we must not be dependent to one coin wallet instead let's make divide our earned coin in many coin wallet.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:00:59 AM

I think the word scared seems inappropriate.
For me it will be be better to say it more careful.
You should now be more careful against phishing sites,  securing your privates keys etc.
Let us always remember our wallet will be safe as much as how we keep it to be.
We are the guards of our own wallets.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bakunawaaa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:05:46 AM

It is always scary to be hacked or have the chance of being hacked. It can happen to anyone especially if they accidentally click on phishing links or get scammed online. But if you are careful enough there is no way that anyone can target you for owning lots of btc because it would be difficult for them to check individual people's wallets. They can though track you if say you are very active buyer and seller in certain forums or market places and they see that you are using the same wallet all the time. But even then, they would have to hack the system of the people who made your wallet so if thay happens its not only you but everyone owning a wallet in that platfotm.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:06:47 AM

I think the word scared seems inappropriate.
For me it will be be better to say it more careful.
You should now be more careful against phishing sites,  securing your privates keys etc.
Let us always remember our wallet will be safe as much as how we keep it to be.
We are the guards of our own wallets.
Yes I guess the word scared was exaggerated to be used about hacking I guess instead of being scared let's all be aware that this could be possibly happen and already happen in real world because of being useful of internet in our modern day. And speaking of awareness let's just be reapred about hackers let's secure our accounts which is the most targeted one of the hackers.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:11:42 AM

I will put it into a desktop wallet, and seldom use the computer to net, and better in Linux operating system.

TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:13:27 AM

Hackers are really worth being scared of, they can waste ones effort in a nick of time. Almost everone here is hacker conscious. One just have to do every thing possible to be safe from them. Like- not revealing your private key, be sure you are responding at the right channels, verify information properly before you respond, also storing your coin for too long could be dangerous. Among many others.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:16:19 AM

There is nothing to be scared of. Your wallet cannot penetrate easily by the hackers and I'm very confident of that but hackers found a way to do that, through "phishing". So you should be very careful in filling up some forms in websites or apps because if you typed your username and password of your wallet on those sites/apps, then hackers will also know it and may now robbed the earnings inside your wallet. Another tip, you should keep your username and password secret, keep your private keys and never let others know about it. Some users also divided their earnings into several wallets just in case when one of his wallet was hacked then at least he still have some earnings left on the other wallet. (it's up to you if you will try also)

Knowing the fact that hackers are spreading out there it must not hinders you to withdraw your earnings, just be careful always and everything is gonna be fine. Smiley

YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:20:35 AM

There is no need to worry about the hackers. some of them who have been hacked caused by their negligence.
as long as you avoid phishing websites that ask for your private key wallet and secure your account with 2FA verification, they can not hack your wallet.
or you can also split some of your BTC into some wallet like paper wallet, blockchain wallet, wallet hardware, or even desktop wallet. and remember 2FA verification is a must.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Jhon3438

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:26:16 AM

For me, hackers is always present but we can prevent it by securing our account and add some duplicate system, before you start  transact read it carefully to avoid mistakes or being hack.
shindymlk

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:30:31 AM

The only way for you to lost your BTC is by phishing scams or the hackers stole your private key.

What kind of wallet do you use?
Web-based wallets are tend to be insecure due to how the private keys are stored on the cloud.

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.

you must keep your private key, and dont try to access your bitcoin in public access, always clear your history if you using internet with public access.
using your pc to access bitcoin.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:33:18 AM

You can be extra cautious and not to download any programs from unknown sources nowadays anti-virus and malware scanner are also not much effective against newly new malware & rats.

You can also use offline wallet and only using those private keys on a laptop or pc which has newly installed windows or any other trusted os Smiley
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:45:26 AM

You have nothing to do after your BTC gets hacked. You can only cry and regret by thinking about your mistakes.

Those who got hacked by hackers are just because they kept the door open somehow.
Otherwise they wouldn’t get hacked by any means if they had taken necessary precautions.

Now as you are scared then why don’t you take precautions before getting hacked?
If you are using web wallet, just switch to desktop wallet. If desktop wallet doesn’t give you relief, just switch to hardware wallet if you can afford.

Always use 2fa for better safety measures.
Never download any thing from unpleasant places.
Never click any suspicious links; it may come to you by email, forum, web, messenger etc.
Try to figure out which is phishing site before entering your info, username, password. Check the domain, ssl very carefully.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:58:16 AM

As long as you are holding it correctly you shouldn't have any problems. And what I mean by holding correct is, that you are using a secure offline wallet and are pretty sure that your PC is virus free. Don't use online wallet, and if you suspect your PC isn't secure you might want to get a hardware wallet or simply use an paper wallet for cold storage.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:02:23 AM

If you actually do have a lot of BTC you should not be advertising that on here that you do. People will target your BTC address and try to find places it was used. I would suggest sending some of your funds to different wallets and holding them there. It is never a good idea to keep everything on one wallet, as that can be stolen if someone finds out your privatekey/address.

Always have multiple wallets to reduce this risk, keep them safe and secure, use anti-virus and firewalls. Don't download suspicious programs, and don't even use programs on your PC that you store the BTC on really, run a virtual machine or something.
bakerlisa510 (OP)

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:59:49 AM

The only way for you to lost your BTC is by phishing scams or the hackers stole your private key.

What kind of wallet do you use?
Web-based wallets are tend to be insecure due to how the private keys are stored on the cloud.

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.
I am afraid I have a web-based wallet Blockchain.info. Should I get some other wallet.
bakerlisa510 (OP)

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:01:26 AM

Only girls are scared the first time they are jumped, so many shitposts, Satoshi has Lot of BTC, can you find him anywhere? he has no fear, holding almost a million Bitcoins. speaking of hacking and hackers, I don't know why I have no longer any access to the alt coin icons, tamper monkey still shows them as enabled. lol now I am getting to feel OP's concern here.
Dude, you are being racist or what against girls!!

I am a girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: