Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:52:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4112 times)
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:23:44 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

After it gets hacked there is not much you can do. You should adequately prepare before it gets hacked. I suggest you invest and buy a hardware wallet, it is very safe and straightforward to use.

muratos

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:26:41 AM

the only real way of hacking is getting the private key. you should not be worried if you hold your btc on a paper wallet.
it is very close to impossible to retrieve it by chance.
all web, desktop and mobile wallets carry some risks and can be targets of hackers in many ways.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:42:04 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

Its a caution to all members to be conscientious enough never to lose their private keys. Instead, save them offline by printing out or memorizing them to avoid the unfortunate incidence of being hacked. Do not also put all your eggs in one basket by saving your BTC in diverse wallets.
Thanks
TonyMark

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:52:11 AM

See you need to act smart if you are having lot of bitcoins,first do not store all of them at one place especially in online wallets,they are prone to hacked,use good paper wallet and save big amount of bitcoin there.secondly don't tell anyone about private keys of your wallet,don't save it online too,keep these things in mind and you are good to go.

Which means if you have an accident and hit your head you forget your password - and then because you had an accident you lose all your money - and then you don't have money to pay for the hospital. Clearly this just makes Bitcoin even more dangerous when you think about it
what are you talking about is just a 1 in a million chance, The best I would recommend is either you remember the password or just use a Two Factors Authentication wallet which is one of the safest one.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:05:49 AM

When I first started collecting coins, this forum used to be full of threads in which users were lamenting about their coin stash getting stolen by the hackers. I still remember one user, who had BTC25,000 stolen from his wallet. If he had those coins now, then they could have been worth close to $250 million (including the price of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold).
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:07:03 AM

If your wallet or BTC gets hacked, chances of getting back your coins is extremely low. Precaution is better than cure. You better take steps to protect your fund rather then suffering later. Use hardware wallets to store your coins. Never reveal any kind of sensitive information about your wallet to anyone.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
TonyMark

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:20:28 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 11:53:51 AM by TonyMark

When I first started collecting coins, this forum used to be full of threads in which users were lamenting about their coin stash getting stolen by the hackers. I still remember one user, who had BTC25,000 stolen from his wallet. If he had those coins now, then they could have been worth close to $250 million (including the price of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold).
Then you mean to say that it can happen to anyone again??
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:46:51 AM

A key step to protect your Bitcoin is to store it in a hardware wallet,it is a physical  device,like the USD drive that stores your private keys and currency locally,and is not  connected to the internet.
bennypagulayan

Activity: 280

MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:50:36 AM

If you are careful, no hacker can take away your BTC. I think you should enable 2FA as this is necessary to help protect your account

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
Bloody Mary

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:54:22 AM

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:04:57 PM

Its very hard for your account to be hack if you are very cautious with your move about your bitcoin wallet. The only way to hack your bitcoin is if you input your private key in a phising website or input your private information such as password. If you are only hodling and dont have any plan to make a transaction oftentimes is you use a hardware wallet.

warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:37:10 PM

It will happen to anyone if they are not really careful we all know that it is not easy to breakthrough the security of your wallet, the easy is to manipulate you or you are just giving your private wallet to the hacker, like phishing that is the basic one because mostly hackers are following you finding contacts and information to penetrate you thats why if you are weak and not finding it early then you can give your coins and bitcoins to the hacker
CryptoUser25

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:41:21 PM

See you need to act smart if you are having lot of bitcoins,first do not store all of them at one place especially in online wallets,they are prone to hacked,use good paper wallet and save big amount of bitcoin there.secondly don't tell anyone about private keys of your wallet,don't save it online too,keep these things in mind and you are good to go.

Which means if you have an accident and hit your head you forget your password - and then because you had an accident you lose all your money - and then you don't have money to pay for the hospital. Clearly this just makes Bitcoin even more dangerous when you think about it
what are you talking about is just a 1 in a million chance, The best I would recommend is either you remember the password or just use a Two Factors Authentication wallet which is one of the safest one.

It has maybe a low chance but it can happen. You can never know it maybe tomorrow it will happen to you and then what you will lose your key and you can't pay your debts and taxes anymore.

Thats why you need to keep them safe in order to prevent that.
firsttime99

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:44:44 PM

Yes of course you should be scared of hackers if you have a lot of BTC i do not think that hackers want to hack people who do not have a lot of btc why should i go after one if i can get more then one that is what hackers think and know.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:34:10 PM

It will happen to anyone if they are not really careful we all know that it is not easy to breakthrough the security of your wallet, the easy is to manipulate you or you are just giving your private wallet to the hacker, like phishing that is the basic one because mostly hackers are following you finding contacts and information to penetrate you thats why if you are weak and not finding it early then you can give your coins and bitcoins to the hacker
For now, i think phising sites to get bitcoins login information are not using hackers nowadays.
They seems going to take over your computer by getting all access information, so you should be take care fully about what are you browsing, what are you downloading, these should be come from trust able sites. This what i worried.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:46:47 PM

For now, i think phising sites to get bitcoins login information are not using hackers nowadays.
They seems going to take over your computer by getting all access information, so you should be take care fully about what are you browsing, what are you downloading, these should be come from trust able sites. This what i worried.
If you want to surf into the internet without even caring of your security then you should have another type of device or computer to use because if you don't have an extra computer for some of the things that you want to do and if you will try to do all the things in only one computer then it will be very risky for you and it is not the best idea that you can depend on.
tanghere1

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:04:58 PM

Once your BTC got hacked, the probability of it being recovered is nearly impossible. I suggest that you have be extra careful specially from phishing attacks. Not long ago I got a virus that every time I copy my wallet address the paste result is different. You should keep your computer clean at all times.

cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:13:26 PM

NO you shouldn't be scared of hackers if you have a lot of Bitcoin because if you know that your account is secured and you are the only one you know it there's no chance to hack it but if your bitcoin or your wallet get hacked just report it so that both of you will suffer your account can be banned and he/she can't use it.
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:04:50 PM

Certainly you must be careful. Hackers are become more dangerous now, Tether coin has been hacked $31 millions few days ago. you should store you coin in offline wallet
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:01:25 PM

Well, what I say my opinion is the best and most comfortable way to secure your bitcoin is using a hardware wallet. There are some that quite popular once like Trezor or Ledger Nano S. If you can have a lot of bitcoin, you should not  have a money trouble for buying this kind of wallet. You should not focus for searching the answer for your last question, as none you can do if that happens. The best way is prevention is always better than seeking for solution after it have happened.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: