Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:45:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4108 times)
Vik87

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:22:17 AM

The only way you will lose your bitcoin is by hackers using phishing website cause it needed information about yourself once you logged in to that not secured page you will lose all your bitcoin so be careful about hackers.
ChristianPogi

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

I'm just a Nobody.

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:25:49 AM

As long as you're not exposing your private key. Then your bitcoin is in safe wallet, nothing to worry about. It's all about carefulness, think before you click. Be aware of what you're trying to download. There's something there that we didn't know (virus).

Ahhh.. ok
Tonestra

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:54:53 PM

With the rising value of bitcoin, many hackers now have added incentive to commit their crimes as they wish. Protect yourself by keeping your bitcoin portfolio in a private wallet where you only have access to your private wallet. Keep small quantities on an exchange  when you have to trade.
Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:11:49 AM

No I am not scared that hackers might be able to access my wallet where I stored a lot of BTC because I am fully aware of the ways in which could jeopardized my data security and in addition to that I have my most precious private key stored in a room guarded 24 hours by a dozen of security personnels which is inside a very secured vault where it required a retinal scan and password to be able to open the vault. I will certainly do all of that safety precautions if I really have a lot of BTC.
Johnnyrig

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:13:14 AM

No I am not scared that hackers might be able to access my wallet where I stored a lot of BTC because I am fully aware of the ways in which could jeopardized my data security and in addition to that I have my most precious private key stored in a room guarded 24 hours by a dozen of security personnels which is inside a very secured vault where it required a retinal scan and password to be able to open the vault. I will certainly do all of that safety precautions if I really have a lot of BTC.

to easy to hack Cheesy
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:15:52 AM

Yes even if you are very sure that your system is protected you still need to be aware that anytime someone will hack you for that you need to keep on making sure that you are only visiting safe sites, installing non virus software, be aware on pishing sites and always changing your password from time to time to prevent hack.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:37:08 AM

The safest way is to keep it on a hardware wallet or on a offline pc , and keep a backup somewhere.
I think with values this high there will be even more attempts.

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:06:28 AM

As long as you're not exposing your private key. Then your bitcoin is in safe wallet, nothing to worry about. It's all about carefulness, think before you click. Be aware of what you're trying to download. There's something there that we didn't know (virus).

Seems like every website in the worldwide web were all phishing sites. Nothing can be trusted nowadays, since day one were the internet could generate a lot of cash by all means. I was wondering, why there are still a lot of people being victimized despite of warnings and exposes. Maybe, it's also their fault through their end. They might be not contented on what they have, still looking for other opportunities or ways to earn more cash. Fraudsters knows how to catch someones weakness and they will attack when and where they would be vulnerable, taking advantage of this will make innocent and greedy deceived, in the end, they will easily succeed.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:05:20 AM

not much to do after hacking. before you get hacked:
- secure your email account.
- use unique and powerful keywords for all online accounts.
- enable two-factor authentication.
- or you keep it in your hard wallet.
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:40:55 AM

I think yes... I should be scared of hackers if I have a lot of bitcoins because we all know that hackers never stop in searching ways in how to access anyones private datas and hackers are also getting more sophisticated day by day. Since you have a lot of bitcoins then I would suggest you to invest yourself in the most up to date anti virus, anti malware and anti hacking software so you will have a greater chance against those hackers who will gonna rob you of all your hard earned bitcoins.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:00:10 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

Well if you get hacked then there is nothing you can do since transaction is irreversible. But You should not be scared of hackers but you need to be vigilant.

Most common way to get hacked
-connecting to a public wifi
-via email (phising sites)
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:08:09 AM

Yes if you have some btcs and don't want to sell it for next few years. Please keep them offline, lost hackers are looking for minimum active user account to hack their btc. Minimum active user account, generally don't disturb them trying again and again till success. Please don't share your private key anyone.

skyland999

Activity: 213
Merit: 13

Wonderful World

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:20:02 AM

if you want your wallet safe do not use a web-based purse and you should check that your computer is free from malware and most people now choose trezor if you want your wallet safe. if your bitcoin is lost no one is responsible for it
htmcoin

Activity: 114
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:34:33 AM

Hackers are often through your computer virus or vulnerability to steal your private key, daily computer maintenance and antivirus.
Sheyrn

Activity: 354
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:40:10 AM

Secure all your private details and read first before clicking any sites and entering your details. then you should be fine
akiraminai

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:17:41 AM

I don't know about this, I think the main reason about some users being hacked was their wallets. I can't confirm if some wallet sites are secured, some maybe a victim of keyloggers and some watching eyes. Some hackers are not found on the net, sometimes you must be aware of your surroundings. You don't know what type of people are watching you
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:38:06 AM

you should not be afraid of hackers if you have a lot of bitcoins you just need to do is just do not commit and do not share information abount on your profile with people you do not need to avoid scammers.
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:41:20 AM

Do not be afraid of hackers if you have a lot of bitcoins just need to do so do not scatter lots of bitcoins and do not tell them to avoid scammers.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:49:47 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
Store your bitcoins in an offline wallet. Once you keep your bitcoin in an offline wallet no one can access it but you. Most of the hacking incidents that you are hearing it happens majority with the online wallets. but once you store bitcoins in an offline wallet you are safe.
White32

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:05:34 AM

Yes ofcourse i could be scared because everything now can be hacked specially in online transactions, so we must be strictly by being secure our accounts. Always dont trust to the unknown website and avoid logging in to the public computers and make sure to log it out everything you use it.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: