Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4107 times)
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:09:45 AM

You should, we all do
With huge amount of btc, first thing to do is having your own hardware wallet. After that, I am thinking splitting my asset to several wallets, depends how bigh my portfolio is
I just cant risk all my money in one place

The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:12:18 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

you shoUld be scared of hackers even if you have a few bitcoins or even just a litlle cryptocurrencies. THE point is that they ate doing everything they can to steal and rob and it doesnt matter if its big or few. it matters that they can get their hands on them
11:11pas

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:19:54 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Holding" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

You should do is make better safeguards. For example, always updating antivirus and always keep the Private key you got.

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:26:00 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

There is nothing that you can do if your Bitcoin wallet has been hacked. But in order to prevent it from hackers hacking your account, I strongly suggest that you need to have an updated Antivirus on your computer, secure the Home Network especially if you're using WIFI, don't open a suspicious email, if you are on a hotel, airport or in the coffeehouse, always use VPN and avoid website that is not secure.
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:27:47 AM

The only way for you to lost your BTC is by phishing scams or the hackers stole your private key.

What kind of wallet do you use?
Web-based wallets are tend to be insecure due to how the private keys are stored on the cloud.

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.

^ Great advice...and don't forget or lose your password(s).
JesVarez

Activity: 295
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:38:17 AM

I would suggest for you to buy a physical wallet, one of those USB ones to be safe. If not, you can have multiple wallets dividing some of the BTC you have on them, it will cost some fees to send them but its better to be safe than sorry. Also, make sure you have enabled the two-factor authentication. On my iPhone I have it set so only using my finger print the wallet can release funds to other addresses.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:50:43 AM

I would suggest for you to buy a physical wallet, one of those USB ones to be safe. If not, you can have multiple wallets dividing some of the BTC you have on them, it will cost some fees to send them but its better to be safe than sorry. Also, make sure you have enabled the two-factor authentication. On my iPhone I have it set so only using my finger print the wallet can release funds to other addresses.
The hardware wallet is the safest choice to store a tremendous amount of Bitcoin because it doesn't directly connect to the internet which is open a possibility of getting hacked, like the recent Electrum wallet vulnerability. It's essential to store it in an offline wallet and handle it with extra caution. Because of the technology of the crypto extremely secure, the money can be refunded if it getting hacked.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:57:41 AM

Thats why I use hardware wallets, they are super secure when it comes to bitcoin. Use hardware wallets to save your bitcoins and ethers.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:36:51 AM

You should be even if you already just have a little less amount of bitcoin or other digital currencies in your wallet. Keeping it safe at all time is always necessary because a single mistake can cause you your goodies.

tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:48:24 AM

Ideally you should not keep too much bitcoin. The first reason is the price of bitcoin is very erratic, do not know whether it will increase sharply or sharply in the future. So when you feel profitable from investing, sell them immediately and retain a bitcoin. The second reason is that if you do not know how to get the best security for your bitcoin, hackers will take advantage of that to steal your bitcoin. You better buy cool credit cards.

barabut

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:54:56 AM

According to Bryce Boland, Chief Technology Officer of FireEye, the chief of the cyber security agency, Bitcoin's value of about $ 20,000 per medallion and the value of the cryptocracy ecosystem exceeds $ 600 billion. That is why cybercriminals (Hackers) are increasingly targeting the Bitcoin users and cryptocracy exchange, especially in the Asia Pacific region. Safety warning to Bitcoin users needs to be serious.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:51:28 AM

Maybe you should be scared in many hackers that's why if you have a lot of bitcoin is requested that you can have an offline bitcoin wallet for you to be secured or make a two factor air for your wallet to be secured from any hacker because if you have a lot of bitcoin the hacker is Greedy for your wallet to get hacked and steel the bitcoin in your wallet and enjoy it without any hard work.
BlasterS

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:21:00 PM

Just a reminder, be careful with your password. Don't give it to anyone. And no, you don't have to be scared since bitcoin wallets are provided with security codes giving you the best security of your investment.
Laurayaki

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:22:27 PM

There are many ways to protect his fortune, but like anything worth a lot of money, there will always be smart guys to divert all the security system to seize it.
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:06:38 AM

If you don't have just "dust" of Bitcoins, I really recommend you to get yourself a hardware wallet, like Trezor or Nano Ledger S. It doesn't matter how much you pay attention, you could always make a mistake, and a virus or a trojan or whatever could steal your Bitcoins. With a hardware wallet you are protected against this risk. Otherwise do yourself a cold storage wallet. You will find information online on how to do that.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:40:21 AM

what if you own other altcoins that doesn't work on the nano ledger s?  Wouldnt it make more sense to buy a new computer solely for storing btc and every other altcoin etc?
tententen

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:45:45 AM

Don't tell anyone your private key and don't click on suspicious links on your pc and you'll be fine.
mistletoe

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:48:25 AM

Of course you will have to worry about your bitcoins especially if its a lot. I myself got hackd this week. I didn't add 2fa to my account because I am confident that it won't get hacked since I barely open it or anything. I think i opened it like 3 times since I created that account. I just use my main account and send my bitcoins there to save it. And then one day, bam! My balance is lost. If i had 2fa enabled that would've been prevented.

I learned it the hard way. Always be careful and dont be confident.

jerry0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:11:02 AM

mistletoe, what bitcoin wallet did you use or was it an exchange?
jerry0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:01:46 PM

Hey all got a question.  If you don't have a nano ledger s and store bitcoin in a desktop wallet like say electrum or armory, do you have to make precautions like if you are buying a wireless mouse or usb or external hard drive to make sure you buy from a legit site like amazon as oppose to say ebay or 3rd party from amazon?  Because the wireless mouse or usb/external hard drive could possibly be refurbished or used etc and connecting it to your computer could possibly give a virus?  Or its advertised as new and been used?  I read online that a mouse is too small to up a virus but if its a wireless mouse, that would be different because of signals? 

But a usb or external hard drive certainly could have a virus?  Curious about a wireless mouse.

I had not thought about this until now. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: