Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4105 times)
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:21:48 AM

If you have a lot of BTC, you should be scared of hackers, because basically we play online and it's very vulnerable to hacking. Therefore, you should be wary of hack attacks. Prevention is better than fixing. So in anticipation use wallet hardware to protect the bitcoin you have. Really, whatever the price of wallet hardware is not a problem if it's for more secure.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PlayUp

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:30:36 AM

If you hold a lot of BTC then I would recommend getting two hardware wallets and downloading a software wallet to your phone/desktop.

Set up alerts to watch your addresses with blockchain.info here - http://blog.[Suspicious link removed]/2016/05/31/how-to-use-watch-only-addresses/

That way you'll get an email alert if your account is ever compromised and you can try and prevent the hack.

Never share your private key with anyone and use 2FA on everything possible!
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:23:29 AM

The probability to lost your bitcoins, stole your private key and account. Much better if you use hardwallet so they can't easily hacked your btc. So you need to be careful in what you do and say because if you do mistake of it even a little one they will lost everything you got now. Don't trust anyone when you talked about it because this is a huge thing that you need to care and protect.
voron84-05

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:33:31 AM

You can lose your BTC for example at the stock exchange if it is hacked or if you are logging in through phishing sites or if you do not correctly store passwords and do not fully protect yourself.
No problems whatsoever if you are careful when working with exchanges and purses, store passwords on paper, work best through Linux.
klim75

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:36:26 AM

You shouldn't tell  about your private, keep it in secret.  Devide your coins to different wallets with different private keys. If you have a lot of BTC, use wallet hardware to protect the bitcoin you have.
guffie

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:53:32 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Holding" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
I'm also very afraid of hackers trying to take Bitcoin out of our hands. But I believe, as long as I keep it very carefully and always in case I will not lose all the Bitcoin I have. Because Bitcoin that I have today I also hold up for the long term and I will sell when the price is very high.
novogum

Activity: 416
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:04:41 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What are you saying? All hacking attacks were successful only because of the fact that people did not respect security rules in your network.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:20:14 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

I think that having a lot of bitcoin does not mean you should be scared of having the bitcoin stolen from you by hackers and other people who might try to have your data stolen. To me it might be scary knowing that you would have that kind of money around. However, I do still believe that it also needs and means that you should be more careful and should kore look forward to having a much more safer data privacy and to ensure complete awarness on the internet
Nataly76

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 08:23:56 AM

It's recommended that you use cold wallet to store bitcoin. It would be safer. It's the safest way to go now.
In addition, it is recommended that you go to more than one wallet storage. This reduces the risk as much as possible.
please advise a reliable website where you can download cold wallet. I'm new to this, and I don't want to screw it up.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:24:06 AM

it is inevitable that some hackers could get into your account but it all depends on you, you must be careful regarding phishing sites, careful what you clicked and always remember to get your wallet secure.

Yes because at the end of the day we're still responsible from whatever happened to our wallet because we all have the chances to protect our assets. They say prevention is still better than cure so before hackers can think new ways to hack then you should be think the other way around. I just can't imagine the feeling when we see all our coins are gone in just a minute, all our hard works can disappear quickly.
cemburu

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:26:06 AM

The possibility of hackers steal your Bitcoin wallet could happen, you can not do anything if it has been interfered by hackers.
But before it happens, you have to make sure it will not happen.
You should save your private wallet well. Often do cleaning history and cookies.
If you save a lot of bitcoins, you should try using a hardware wallet to save most of it to make it more secure than storing BTC in the online wallet.
It will minimize the hacker's actions.
Sedorikku

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:29:23 AM

yeah of course. You must be afraid about the hackers here in bitcoin society and this will be the sign that nowadays we must be vigilant in every people we encounter. If you have a lot of money or bitcoin,  it is the apple of the eye of the hackers and scammers here because they want that too.
Maikl

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:30:04 AM

If you comply with all security measures and do not treat this negligently, then you do not have to worry, under negligence I understand, keep passwords on your computer with Internet access, go to suspicious links, etc.
danilic

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:30:12 AM

I feel like it's worth worrying about if you keep your bitcoins on hot wallets. If we are talking about a cold wallet, then without the physical pressing of the  button it is impossible to steal your bitcoins. Personally, I use the hardware wallet Ledger Blue.
amadorj76

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:32:28 AM

If you have a lot of BTC, you should be scared of hackers, because basically we play online and it's very vulnerable to hacking. Therefore, you should be wary of hack attacks. Prevention is better than fixing. So in anticipation use wallet hardware to protect the bitcoin you have. Really, whatever the price of wallet hardware is not a problem if it's for more secure.

Yes you should, because the number one mistake people make is their inability to hold and protect their wallet private key which is the wallet seed, if you have many accounts there is a possibility that you might forget some of its password and if you are saving they key on your smart phone. to be safe and secured is to be secret about your wallet seed and password as much as possible.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:45:45 AM

For me yes. You should be scared of hackers if you have a lot of bitcoin because if the hackers hacks your account or your wallet they can get your money because they are trained in hacking operations. I think if you have a lot of bitcoin you need to be careful to care your bitcoins and to become safe your money for future rather.
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:45:57 AM

The very definition of it was it was hacked, thus, you cant do anything about it. all that HArd earned BTC are all going to waste by being hacked by another. Once hacked, it will be transferred to his own personal wallet to be converted to FIAT to be used in his own benefits. To my own experience, some BTC of mine was hacked and due to this I was prompt to withdraw it into FIat every time the price would go up.

wer9d25gqj

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:46:06 AM

well, thats a bit scary on your side. but i think getting hacked depends on what softwares you put into your computer. bitcoin technology is secured it just depends on the user if he/she is giving information on the hackers.
raes

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:56:26 AM

Yes, you should be scared since the eye of hackers are in your account. I think you should be careful enough in all informations that you will provide in order to protect your wallet from any threats  hacking.
Aside the company itis your duty to be careful in all actions that you will made.
Being cautious and being alert is a good thing. We live in a world where almost everything is done online. If you're not careful about the information you provide on the internet, it might someday have a negative impact on you. If we have a lot of BTC, I guess we better keep quiet. Never tell anyone orally or online. Hackers won't be after you if he doesn't know you have lots of coins. Hackers don't work carelessly, they work systematically.

███████████████████
▀██████████████████
▐█████████████████
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
▀▀████████████

███████████████████
██████████████████▀
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
████████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
▀█████████▀
▀███▀
██     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
THE FIRST IDLE DEFENSE BLOCKCHAIN GAME
TELEGRAM   ⦁   TWITTER   ⦁   MEDIUM   ⦁   DISCORD   ⦁   YOUTUBE   ⦁   LITEPAPER

██     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:12:34 AM

Use hardware wallet like ledger nano because it's very secured and can protect your bitcoin away from the hackers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: