Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4112 times)
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:40:16 AM

The safety of your bitcoin/assets relies on you. Put some antiviruses on your device and make sure its always updated so you wont get phished. Do not store you private keys or passwords on a cloud storage. If necessary, write it on a notebook and also make sure it wont be lost or get wet. Do not trust anyone by sharing your private keys. People changes when it comes to money. Hackers today are so aggressive so always be safe.
Sampson7

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

Firstly i shouldnt be scared because, Even if you have a lot or not, even if its BTC or not, we should be careful on internet sites that we click because that is the first thing that a hacker or scammer do. Do not post also your private accounts on social media. Do not enter your account details or emails on unverified sites. Theres no need to be scared on holding BTC, we just need to be alert and wise. In case of suspicious events, report it immediately to the concerned authority.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:45:10 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

You should not be afraid if you store your bitcoin on your wallet and not in exchanger. But its more safe if you have hard wallet because hardwallet almost unhackable. If you decide store in web wallet, make sure that your private key safe from others peoples
faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:57:56 AM

Keep your private key safe and dont just logged in through any link sent to your mail as it might be phissing site that want to hack or have access to your private details..
Nitnit13

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:07:52 AM

If your wallet has been hacked you will not be able to do anything because let's say your bitcoin is gone. Therefore you should be more careful with the wallet. And install double security.
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:10:39 AM

of course you have to be scared of hackers, they have the ability to render you broke or bankrupt in a minute, and he fact that you will never get to see your coins ever is the most painful bit. upgrade your wallet security and be very carefull on how you handle it for maximum security
PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:12:14 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

You should not be afraid of hackers. You just have to be more careful and secure your password keys very well. Avoid phishing sites and websites that might infect your pc with malwares used by hackers to enter your computers.. I have friends who got hacked a month ago. Based on our opinion, some type of malware accidentally entered their pc without their knowledge, i think this happened due to their own negligence, they typed-in wrong websites and from there awaits the hacker to do their evil plans. Putting malwares into their computers that's how they got in and stole their holdings. That is why you should be aware of entering sites and double checking what you type or you might ended up like them.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
labs0918

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:18:25 AM

Yes you should. Everyone should because it is important too. Be aware in hackers and make sure that your bitcoins will be safe so that it won't be back by others.

Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 08:19:35 AM

When you talking that you have a lot of bitcoins you should be scared of everyone, hackers will never start doing anything to people without knowledge about their wealth.

nalinpuri

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:34:07 AM

There is nothing You can do if your  wallet account is hacked .The best thing you can do to prevent hack is to store your bitcoins in a hardware wallet like Trezor,Ledger etc.  Cheesy
emath7

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:46:57 AM

There is important information about Blockchain and cryptography that needs to be known. If a wallet is created, it is almost impossible for the password to be broken, and if you lose the password, you will lose your wallet forever.
   If you have Bitcoin, you can keep it in your own wallets. But there are a few things you should pay attention to. Fraudsters can not break your wallet. That's right. But it could infect your computer with a virus. It can play the information inside your computer. So you should not have your wallet on your personal computer. And do not save it to online connected devices.
   There are also external wallets right now. We can call it Ledger. These are a little safer. You can keep the assets you have here.
   The last thing you need to keep in mind: Never have a lot of Bitcoin on stock market accounts. Your wallet may not be hacked but the stock market may be hacked ...
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:58:33 AM

you do need to be afraid, in the sense of trying to be more careful in maintaining and using your bitcoin assets. do not ask how if your wallet and bitcoin are hacked, but you have to find out and ask how to avoid it. in the internet world, the possibility of a crime is always there, whether in the form of fraud and hacking crime, all we have to do is keep cautious and follow the existing developments.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:21:33 AM

You cant do anything if your BTC or wallet gets hacked, but you can do something before anything like that happens. What you need to do is use a separate computer or OS for storing your BTC if they are worth more than you can afford to lose. As this way you will only be using that OS for sending and receiving bitcoins into the wallet and not be doing any other thing on it.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:25:01 AM

If you don't keep your coins safe of course that you have to be scared of hackers.
Don't ever use exchanges as a wallet, don't keep all your bitcoins in just one wallet so use multiple ones and use different kinds of wallet. Harwallet is especialy recommended. Then you could say that you've done everything to protect your bitcoins but don't ever forget that absoulte safety doesn't exist.

malaj
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:01:58 PM

If you don't keep your coins safe of course that you have to be scared of hackers.
Don't ever use exchanges as a wallet, don't keep all your bitcoins in just one wallet so use multiple ones and use different kinds of wallet. Harwallet is especialy recommended. Then you could say that you've done everything to protect your bitcoins but don't ever forget that absoulte safety doesn't exist.

Exactly. You don't have to be scared but you have to practice vertsin precautions especially if you have a lot of btc. Personally i'd advise you to invest in a hardware wallet. I agree that one of the worst things you can do is to store them in an exchange since they're prettt much not your property as long as its in there

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Jamescur

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:12:17 PM

You just have to keep your BTC private key, your BTC will be safe!

Hackers generally attack exchanges because there is a lot of money flowing!
kaikusaki

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

Stop using online wallet,strong password have anti virus and malware software install.
Ampong2121

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:19:12 PM

You should'nt be scared if you know how to secure your bitcoin, just be careful in opening some site that you dont know because hackers are so smart they can easily get your accounts or private key, so if you think the site is not good dont open it for your safety and for the safety of all your accounts. If someone hack your bitcoin then you can nothing to do with it because they will urgently get your money when they open it.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:35:31 PM

Probably yes. If you have any amount of bitcoin more than what you can afford to lose, and keep it on a desktop, well thats where you make the mistake (Online wallets are out of the question, I hope you know that they are too insecure, due to the fact that there may be many vulnerabilities in their servers and the customer cannot do anything much to prevent theft of money in those cases). Any large amount of BTC (the word large is relative, what might be large for me, may be less for you) must be kept in a cold storage. Even if keeping a small amount of bitcoins on your computer of daily use, just for the sake of ease of usability, its extremely essential to always keep security maximized, and the computer needs to be always kept malware-free.

Due to the security of the blockchain structure, most attacks are exploits found within the already existing architecture of the system, that allow it to remotely send data over networks, even in some cases, secured ones. So the most exploitable link in the chain is the end user. The best practice would be to split up your funds, definitely invest in a hardware wallet, secure and good ones like Trezor or the Ledger Nano S, use cold storage, and ALWAYS backup your private keys.
david tien

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:44:10 PM

I imagine that those who own a lot of BTC never leave on exchanges, or very little and very well scattered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: