Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4103 times)
chard lie

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:59:25 PM

If your wallet is hacked, then you will not do anything unfortunately. But you can protect your wallet. For better protection, you should be a bit paranoid: do not connect to unverified networks, maintain the correct password policy, etc.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WellDogeo

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:37:01 PM

If you are a technical person then I think no one will be able to hack your wallet. For the blockchain technology this is difficult. But I insist you should not be subjective and do not put eggs together in a basket.
alex lionel

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:54:23 PM

As long as you don't fall for any phishing sites or download any unknown scam wallets or software you should be fine.
JynlKi

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:55:58 PM

it's better to secure your account with double protection like using 2FA features if available and saving your seed key on a piece of paper or something and avoid storing seed key on your computer/smartphone that's very risky. Hoặc là to transfer coins to offline wallet or create paper wallet. Because keeping in any of the exchange is not safe.
crqn

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:05:04 PM

You should be scared of hackers, even your trusted friend can be a hacker. (peace)  Grin
Use a strong password and etc that will secure your wallet account.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:23:20 PM

I imagine that those who own a lot of BTC never leave on exchanges, or very little and very well scattered
Yes of course you should be, because hackers can get your btc by simple click. Just keep clicking many sites that not familiar to you. Just be careful and keep your password very well.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:24:29 PM

Yes you should, so becareful of your transaction, don't get tricked by phising websites and don't forget to always on the 2FA.
Keep safe
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:40:54 PM

If your wallet is hacked, then you will not do anything unfortunately. But you can protect your wallet. For better protection, you should be a bit paranoid: do not connect to unverified networks, maintain the correct password policy, etc.

The most important thing is to keep his bitcoin on a hardware wallet and divide it into different address inside the hardware wallet.
But yeah, do not ever connect to unknown network which is often to be a bait by hackerto penetrate your PC and steal your identity

yerger

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:46:22 PM

Of Course you need scared of Hacker espesially if you have big amount in you wallet. All you can do is don't do something which dangerous. And also you need some extra protection like buy hardware wallet and etc.
TamTrang

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:42:28 PM

Be careful in everything, make sure your Bitcoin accounts are kept confidential and password protected. Use high security devices for smartphones. Or your computer, please set the password all related items. and save it safely. Do not join but do not trust.
mrbamboo

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:10:30 AM

Even with only the Crypto dust, you have to keep your assets secure. It is not just a loss of money but also a lot of risk involved. And when you have a large amount of Bitcoin in your wallet, the more you have to improve the security of your assets. But you do not need to be scared. The property is yours, think of using it appropriately, and preserve it in the best way.
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:23:45 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

I think if you have a lot of bitcoin but you are very afraid by hackers I think it's normal, to avoid hackers better you keep your assets are in blockchain.info directly because there provides a bitcoin wallet that is very high security.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:27:22 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

If you have a huge amount of btc then do not store it in web wallets or in any online wallet. Store it in your ledger nano or in paper wallets. Storing it offline is much more safier than saving it on we wallets wherein you can be targeted by hackers. So anyway just be careful and if you are going to hold your btc in web wallet or in any wallets available make sure to diversify your bitcoins in different wallets so that if one wallet is gone you have many wallets more.
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

yes of course it can make us keep our bitcoin. Because hackers are the most nefarious actions or bad people for those of us who have bitcoins. What's more if you have a lot of bitcoin that we must keep as safe or a stronger guard suapay not taken by hackers.
domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

yes of course because if we have bitcoin it's the same we have to keep our treasure. What's more if we have enough bitcoin, it's very damaging if a hacker picks it up. So we have to keep up really safe bitcoin.
clairdelune

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

You should not be scared of hackers because if you know how to keep your wallet safe no one will hacked your BTC. Like me I used myetherwallet and I only used metamask so it will not be hacked by the hackers out there.
EinaiOraCoinDev

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:10:20 PM

After it gets hacked there is not much you can do. You should adequately prepare before it gets hacked. I suggest you invest and buy a hardware wallet, it is very safe and straightforward to use.
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:02:18 AM

people are to blame for the loss of their funds. Do not comply with basic safety rules. Look for the necessary site through Google without using bookmarks. Or store private keys in the mail and other easily hacked places. A vivid example of hacking Ian Balina's Google account
catcoin524

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:56:19 AM

just keep all your information private and your wallet on your computer which has no viruses
aloofloofah

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:18:02 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 05:29:33 PM by aloofloofah

just keep all your information private and your wallet on your computer which has no viruses

the best way to get your inforamtion secure is cold storage IMO. keeping you wallet on your computer with internet connection do not protect you at one hundred.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: