Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RPC Miners (CPU/4way/CUDA/OpenCL)  (Read 548298 times)
dbitcoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 01:05:58 PM

Problem with linux compilation.

Ubuntu 10.04, gcc 4.4.3
cmake buid configs without problems, all dependencies installed.

> make rpcminer

Code:
In file included from /src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/minerheaders.h:58,
                 from /src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.h:26,
                 from /src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp:19:
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function ‘unsigned int GetSizeOfCompactSize(uint64)’:
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:167: error: ‘USHRT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:168: error: ‘UINT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function ‘void WriteCompactSize(Stream&, uint64)’:
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:180: error: ‘USHRT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:187: error: ‘UINT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
puddinpop (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2011, 11:52:43 PM

Here is 0 khash/s on opencl version with ati hd6870 again.

Did it build the kernel successfully or not?  You'll just have to find out what in the kernel is causing it not to build on your machine.

I first tried to build this on my ubuntu 10.04 system, but it failed with the same errors as flags8192. Experimenting with installing different version of wxWidgets did not help.

You don't need wxWidgest to compile just the rpc miners.  Set the appropriate CMake options to not compile the GUI.

I finally git cloned from git://github.com/doublec/bitcoin-pool which seems to use pudinpop's code. This finally compiled on my machine as bitcoinr binary, but I can't figure out how to pass username as a parameter to it. Nothing in the readme file lets me do this.

bitcoinr is the remote miner that works with my open source pool.  It does not work with the various RPC pools that others have.  And the readme does include the various options for the different binaries.

What's the difference between the 4way and the crypto?

I'm using an Intel i7

4way uses SSE2 instructions, which may be faster depending on the CPU.  The -cpu miner just uses the standard CPU mining found in the vanilla GUI client.

like compile, but when you start error

./rpcminer-cuda -url=http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332/ -user=xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx -password=xxxxxxxxx -statsurl=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
Client will start 1 miner threads
Work will be refreshed every 4000 ms
1 CUDA GPU devices found
Setting CUDA device to first device found
Loading module bitcoinminercuda_11.cubin
Unable to load CUDA module

what is Problem?

You need to compile the .cu file targeting the 1.1, 1.2, and 2.0 CUDA architecture, and give the resulting cubin the appropriate name, and place it in the working directory before you start the miner.

Problem with linux compilation.

Ubuntu 10.04, gcc 4.4.3
cmake buid configs without problems, all dependencies installed.

> make rpcminer

Code:
In file included from /src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/minerheaders.h:58,
                 from /src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.h:26,
                 from /src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp:19:
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function ‘unsigned int GetSizeOfCompactSize(uint64)’:
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:167: error: ‘USHRT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:168: error: ‘UINT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function ‘void WriteCompactSize(Stream&, uint64)’:
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:180: error: ‘USHRT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
/src/bitcoin-rpc-miner/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:187: error: ‘UINT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope

Maybe try to #include <limits> in minerheaders.h, before serialize.h is included.

SondreB

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Here is 0 khash/s on opencl version with ati hd6870 again.
I'm seeing o khash/s as well, with both rpcminer-cpu and rpcminer-cuda. Connecting to host http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
Tolsi

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2011, 04:53:05 PM

Did it build the kernel successfully or not?  You'll just have to find out what in the kernel is causing it not to build on your machine.
Not. I tried to make small changes, but it was unsuccessful.

Like what am I doing? 1FzSgYpLG4fpy2Q9fKXQsuLxHN81m4P3dR
pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 02:35:50 PM

Heya... First, thanks for a great set of RPC miners!

I have a question about the CUDA miner... I have a crappy GeForce 8400GS, which pushes about 1500kh/s.  Using it, however, brings my system to a complete crawl (almost no CPU load, but it spends 100% of its time trying to redraw windows really really slowly).

So, any way I can throttle the CUDA miner to make my system useable?  If I could have a functional system at 90% performance, I could keep it running all day rather than just at night.  I tried setting the "aggression" lower, but to no effect.

Not complaining - Thanks again for writing this - Just wondering if I might have missed a combination of settings that would help tame it just a bit.   Grin

Thanks!

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
dduane

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2011, 07:09:19 AM

https://bitcoinbonus.com/sites/bitcoinbonus.com/files/Capture.PNG
Hi Puddinpop

Thanks so much for you brilliant work.

I'm getting the message: 
The procedure entry point cuMemFree_v2 could not be located in the dynamic link library nvcuda.dll

I'm running on a windows 7 professional laptop (HP) which has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M in it. 

I downloaded the latest driver from NVIDIA  258.96 and double checked that I didn't need to have a driver update from NVIDIA's website. 

I'm running rpcminer-cuda.exe -url http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 -user=hidden -password=hidden -gpu

Thanks for any insight you might have

--Darrell
flags8192

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 09:21:42 AM

[12:16]flags8192@Desktop:~/bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110213-src$ cmake CMakeLists.txt
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Boost version: 1.42.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   date_time
--   filesystem
--   program_options
--   regex
--   system
--   thread
-- Found wxWidgets: TRUE
-- Found OpenSSL: /usr/lib/libssl.so;/usr/lib/libcrypto.so
-- Found BerkeleyDB: /usr/lib/libdb.so
-- Found CUDA: /usr/local/cuda
-- Found CURL: /usr/lib/libcurl.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/flags8192/bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110213-src
[12:17]flags8192@Desktop:~/bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110213-src$ make
[  1%] Building NVCC (Device) object cmake-bitcoin/./bitcoin_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o
Scanning dependencies of target bitcoin
[  2%] Building CXX object cmake-bitcoin/CMakeFiles/bitcoin.dir/__/src/db.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/wx.h:15,
                 from /home/flags8192/bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110213-src/src/headers.h:33,
                 from /home/flags8192/bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110213-src/src/db.cpp:5:
/usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/defs.h:49: error: #error "No Target! You should use wx-config program for compilation flags!"

help compile, already the second week of agony: (
qed

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 10:04:22 AM

Hello,

I'm having problems with rpcminer-opencl.exe. I'm still getting 0 khash/s even if it connects correctly to the local server.

Code:
>rpcminer-opencl.exe -gpu=0 -url=http://127.0.0.1:8332 -user=XXX -password=XXX
Target = 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000026cc010000000000
1 OpenCL platforms found
2 OpenCL GPU devices found on platform 0
Setting OpenCL device to device 0
Available extensions : cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_globa
l_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_exte
nded_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_shar
ing cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_popcnt c
l_khr_d3d10_sharing
Defining AMDMEDIAOPS
Create context rval=0
Create command queue rval=0
Creating program with source
Building program with options -D AMDMEDIAOPS
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s

Compilation terminated.

rpcminer-cpu.exe is working flawless.

Code:
>rpcminer-cpu.exe -url=http://127.0.0.1:8332 -user=XXX -password=XXX
Client will start 8 miner threads
1726 khash/s
3025 khash/s
3625 khash/s
4152 khash/s
4143 khash/s

My system:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
2x ATI HD 6950 CrossfireX
Catalyst 11.2
ATI Steam 2.3

Mobile App (Android)

Monitor miners, exchange rates and Bitcoin network stats.
renovatio34

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 01:57:41 PM

I have the same problem dduane:

procedure entry point cuMemFree_v2 Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic Link Library nvcuda.dll  Huh

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with Nvidia GT 240M
DrivingVertigo

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 05:07:12 PM

I can't seem to get the CUDA miner to work.  It only generates 0/khashs. My command line is as follows

D:\RPCMiner\rpcminer-cuda.exe -gpu -url=http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 -user=***** -password=*****

What am I doing wrong?
puddinpop (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 06:27:51 PM

So, any way I can throttle the CUDA miner to make my system useable?  If I could have a functional system at 90% performance, I could keep it running all day rather than just at night.  I tried setting the "aggression" lower, but to no effect.

Aggression would be the main parameter that affects desktop responsiveness.  Set it to 1 and slowly increase it until you find a balance you like.

I'm getting the message: 
The procedure entry point cuMemFree_v2 could not be located in the dynamic link library nvcuda.dll

I'm running on a windows 7 professional laptop (HP) which has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M in it. 

I downloaded the latest driver from NVIDIA  258.96 and double checked that I didn't need to have a driver update from NVIDIA's website. 

258.96 is an old driver.  You need a driver that supports at least CUDA 3.2 if you use the supplied binaries.  Alternately, you can compile the source with whatever CUDA toolkit you have available.

Hello,

I'm having problems with rpcminer-opencl.exe. I'm still getting 0 khash/s even if it connects correctly to the local server.

Code:
1 OpenCL platforms found
Available extensions : cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_globa
l_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_exte
nded_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_shar
ing cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_popcnt c
l_khr_d3d10_sharing
Defining AMDMEDIAOPS
Create context rval=0
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s

Compilation terminated.

Code:
1726 khash/s
3025 khash/s
3625 khash/s
4152 khash/s
4143 khash/s

My system:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Catalyst 11.2
ATI Steam 2.3

As I said before, if you don't see a line that says "Build program rval=0" the kernel didn't get built successfully and you're not going to be doing any hashing.  You can try this kernel.  If that doesn't work you'll have to edit the kernel and find out what's causing it not to build.

renovatio34

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

How I compile on windows with NVCC?
JollyGreen

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 03:40:47 AM

Hello All,

I've been working on compiling the rpcminer for mac osx leopard 10.5.8.  I've gotten really far and think I'm almost there, but I'm running into an issue related to boost, I believe.  It seems the function "get" is not resolving.  I'm using macports and I've done a "sudo ports -dv install boost", it seems to be finding the boost headers, because it doesn't complain about those, but it can't resolve the "get" function for some reason.

I would like to hear your 2 cents about the issue if you have some spare time.  I would really appreciate it.  I'm willing to donate some bit coins, but at this point I only have 0.07 Smiley

Code:
make rpcminer
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc
[  6%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp:22:
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/hex.h:33:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
In file included from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/minerheaders.h:57,
                 from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.h:26,
                 from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp:19:
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'unsigned int GetSerializeSize(const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:579: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Serialize(Stream&, const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:588: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Unserialize(Stream&, boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:596: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'unsigned int GetSerializeSize(const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, T3, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:610: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Serialize(Stream&, const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, T3, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:620: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Unserialize(Stream&, boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, T3, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/jtflemturkylurkying/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:629: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [rpcminer] Error 2
JollyGreen

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 03:54:35 AM

Hello All,

I've been working on compiling the rpcminer for mac osx leopard 10.5.8.  I've gotten really far and think I'm almost there, but I'm running into an issue related to boost, I believe.  It seems the function "get" is not resolving.  I'm using macports and I've done a "sudo ports -dv install boost", it seems to be finding the boost headers, because it doesn't complain about those, but it can't resolve the "get" function for some reason.

I would like to hear your 2 cents about the issue if you have some spare time.  I would really appreciate it.  I'm willing to donate some bit coins, but at this point I only have 0.07 Smiley

Code:
make rpcminer
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc
[  6%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp:22:
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/hex.h:33:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
In file included from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/minerheaders.h:57,
                 from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.h:26,
                 from /Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp:19:
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'unsigned int GetSerializeSize(const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:579: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Serialize(Stream&, const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:588: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Unserialize(Stream&, boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:596: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'unsigned int GetSerializeSize(const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, T3, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:610: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Serialize(Stream&, const boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, T3, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:620: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
/Users/turkylurky/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h: In function 'void Unserialize(Stream&, boost::tuples::tuple<T0, T1, T2, T3, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>&, int, int)':
/Users/jtflemturkylurkying/opt/src/latestrpc/src/rpcminer/../minercommon/../serialize.h:629: error: 'get' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [rpcminer] Error 2

I was able to resolve this issue by adding "using namespace boost;" after the boost headers are included in "serialize.h"!  Working on next compile issue, now Smiley
DrivingVertigo

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 04:15:18 AM

So, any way I can throttle the CUDA miner to make my system useable?  If I could have a functional system at 90% performance, I could keep it running all day rather than just at night.  I tried setting the "aggression" lower, but to no effect.

Aggression would be the main parameter that affects desktop responsiveness.  Set it to 1 and slowly increase it until you find a balance you like.

I'm getting the message: 

258.96 is an old driver.  You need a driver that supports at least CUDA 3.2 if you use the supplied binaries.  Alternately, you can compile the source with whatever CUDA toolkit you have available.

Hello,

Code:
1 OpenCL platforms found
l_khr_d3d10_sharing
Defining AMDMEDIAOPS
Create context rval=0
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s
0 khash/s

Compilation terminated.

Code:
1726 khash/s
3025 khash/s
3625 khash/s
4152 khash/s
4143 khash/s

My system:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Catalyst 11.2
ATI Steam 2.3

As I said before, if you don't see a line that says "Build program rval=0" the kernel didn't get built successfully and you're not going to be doing any hashing.  You can try this kernel.  If that doesn't work you'll have to edit the kernel and find out what's causing it not to build.

I'm getting 0/khashs on the windows binaries you compiled. doesn't matter if it's CPU, CUDA, or screensavers.
uck

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 04:42:28 AM

I am having this same problem too...  Win 7 64  / 8gbmem / ati HD 5450  rpcminer-opencl.exe   0 khash/s...

uck

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 04:43:58 AM

Do you have to have a bitcoin wallet program loaded on the computer to make things work?

JollyGreen

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 06:02:27 AM

I got rpcminer to compile on mac osx, now it needs the ".cubin" file to load.  I'm new to cuda programming, but this is what I have tried so far

nvcc -cubin ../src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cu -gencode arch=compute_11,code=sm_11 -o bitcoinminercuda_11.cubin

Code:
nvcc -cubin ../src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cu -gencode arch=compute_11,code=sm_11 -o bitcoinminercuda_11.cubin
rpcminer
1 CUDA GPU devices found
Unable to get function cuda_process 500

Any of you experts out there have any ideas what I might be screwing up?
JollyGreen

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 10:25:54 AM

I got rpcminer to compile on mac osx, now it needs the ".cubin" file to load.  I'm new to cuda programming, but this is what I have tried so far

Code:
rpcminer
1 CUDA GPU devices found
Unable to get function cuda_process 500

Any of you experts out there have any ideas what I might be screwing up?

After adding the #define _BITCOIN_MINER_CUDA_ or turning on the flag I got a valid .cubin file that rpcminer can load.  However, now I only get 0 khash/s

Code:
./rpcminer -gpugrid=1 -gputhreads=1 -url=http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 -user=user.1 -pass=pass
1 CUDA GPU devices found
CUDA initialized
Done allocating CUDA resources for (1,1)
0 khash/s
0 khash/s

Any ideas?
puddinpop (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 03:45:43 PM

I'm getting 0/khashs on the windows binaries you compiled. doesn't matter if it's CPU, CUDA, or screensavers.

If you don't see a line that says "Target = " with something other than all ffs, then the miner couldn't connect to the RPC server and couldn't download work.  Check that your arguments are correct, particularly the login info.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: