Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RPC Miners (CPU/4way/CUDA/OpenCL)  (Read 548298 times)
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:04:48 PM

any possibility to run this software under 64 bit operative system ? like win server 2003

It's running fine with Win 7 64Bit, it shouldn't be a problem running it with Server 2003.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hobo

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:09:42 AM

i asked this because in windows server 2003 x64 edition this program not work

maybe i need a library, but i dont know what ( c++ redistributable, net framework  or what ? what version ? )

the program says to me : "the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this problemi"

this is the same error message i get when i try to start every executable in the folder of rpc miners

anyone have a solution ?
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 04:49:43 PM

Yes, you probably need to install the redistributable package.
I don't know what compiler has been used, maybe you need this:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
or this:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

hobo

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:27:12 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 08:38:50 AM by hobo

thanks schleicher !  i tryed at leat every version ( decrescent ) of c++ and finally ive found what they need !

visual c+ 2005 sp1 redistributable : http://download.chip.eu/it/Microsoft-Visual-C-2005-sp1-redistributable-8.0.50727.762_1789178.html

and this : visual c++ 2008 sp1 redistributable : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&DisplayLang=it

thanks for the help Smiley
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 02:28:10 AM

These miners are a PITA to compile in *nix, and support has been scarse.
Safe to say, this is dead and buried...

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:18:32 AM

any possibility to run this software under 64 bit operative system ? like win server 2003

I would also like a 64-bit compiled version to test if it is more efficient.

gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458

beast at work

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 12:01:43 PM

is there any chance to add a statistics line like the others miners have ?
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 06:58:45 AM

When using the CUDA miner in Guiminer, I am quite happy with the performance, although, when attempting to STOP the miner, it locks up my machine(s) SOLID......requiring the use of the RESET button.

Is this something unique to my situation ?

I have experienced this on a few machines, all running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 using the Guiminer front end.

FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 07:02:12 PM

When using the CUDA miner in Guiminer, I am quite happy with the performance, although, when attempting to STOP the miner, it locks up my machine(s) SOLID......requiring the use of the RESET button.

Is this something unique to my situation ?

I have experienced this on a few machines, all running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 using the Guiminer front end.
Just came here to ask the same question. I get that on and off, when I try to Ctrl+C the miner, it instantly crashes the whole GPU - screen goes blank, fan roars, never recovers. Very frustrating and considerably dangerous (idly closing a program, WTF, there go all my open programs, thanks!), I don't know why more hasn't been made of this nor why CUDA mining - doing 12Mhash/sec on a mediocre mid-low-end '220 card - has been completely neglected by miner devs... rpcminer-cuda is the only true CUDA miner out there and it hardly even works right :/

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
4EverMaAT

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:58:20 PM

with CUDA (or any of the puddinpop miners), is there an argument/parameter to force the GPU/CPU to sleep between cycles?  my GPU on my laptop (Nvidia geforce gt 525m) gets fairly hot when I attempt to run guiminer.  I think the first time I ran it (with the default guiminer miner), laptop shut down after 20 minutes of so (overheat protection I think).

Did a lot of googling, but no luck.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:18:10 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2012, 08:27:41 AM by senseless

Was able to recompile the code on windows for support for revision 1.2, 1.3 and 3.0 devices (2xx and 6xx cards). (Note: It uses cubin 2.0 for 2.1 devices.. I expected a different cubin would be necessary but it looks like they're similar enough that it's not required; You can't even compile a 2.1 specific cubin with nvcc as far as I know.)

Contained in zip is rpcminer-cuda.exe along with the necessary cubin files.

I only changed the cubin file detection code in bitcoinminercuda.cpp and compiled the 3 new cubin files under their respective archs.

Code:
			if(major==3)
{
cubin="bitcoinminercuda_30.cubin";
}
else if (major==2)
{
cubin="bitcoinminercuda_20.cubin";
}
else if (major==1 && minor==0)
{
cubin="bitcoinminercuda_10.cubin";
}
else if (major==1 && minor==1)
{
cubin="bitcoinminercuda_11.cubin";
}
else if (major==1 && minor==2)
{
cubin="bitcoinminercuda_12.cubin";
}
else if (major==1 && minor==3)
{
cubin="bitcoinminercuda_13.cubin";
}

Download for Win32: http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=mwrLcmBsL

Installation: Unzip and use rpcminer-cuda.exe with the default command params from post #1 of this thread.

I don't normally do this; but it took me half a day to get the compile environment working for rpcminer. If you'd like to toss me a tip: 136HdE3wxyfxFsuAHYZTLTHDopXYxRJej1

philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:45:44 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2012, 07:10:11 AM by philips

Do you know if rpcminer could still be compiled in Linux?

Took a shot at it but although cmake went fine, got a bunch of errors at make.

Tried also Ang3lus rpcminer mod which gives me the same error:
Code:
[root@localhost Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388]# mkdir build
[root@localhost Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388]# cd build
[root@localhost build]# cmake ../
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/share/colorgcc/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/share/colorgcc/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/share/colorgcc/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/share/colorgcc/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Boost version: 1.44.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   date_time
--   filesystem
--   program_options
--   regex
--   system
--   thread
-- Found OpenSSL: /usr/lib/libssl.so;/usr/lib/libcrypto.so
-- Found CUDA: /usr
-- Found CURL: /usr/lib/libcurl.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build
[root@localhost build]# make
[  6%] Building NVCC (Device) object cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o
/usr/include/surface_functions.h: In function ‘void surf1Dread(T*, surface<void, 1>, int, int, cudaSurfaceBoundaryMode)’:
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:100:95: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadc1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadc1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:100:95: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:101:96: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreads1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreads1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:102:94: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadu1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadu1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:103:94: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadu2’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadu2’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:104:95: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadu4’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadu4’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h: In function ‘void surf2Dread(T*, surface<void, 2>, int, int, int, cudaSurfaceBoundaryMode)’:
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:460:98: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadc1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadc1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:461:99: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreads1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreads1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:462:97: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadu1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadu1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:463:97: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadu2’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadu2’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:464:98: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadu4’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadu4’ must be available
CMake Error at CMakeFiles/rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o.cmake:249 (message):
  Error generating file
  /media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build/cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o

make[2]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@localhost build]#
senseless

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:35:54 PM

Do you know if rpcminer could still be compiled in Linux?

Took a shot at it but although cmake went fine, got a bunch of errors at make.

Tried also Ang3lus rpcminer mod which gives me the same error:
Code:
--   date_time
--   filesystem
--   program_options
--   regex
--   system
--   thread
-- Found CUDA: /usr
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build
[  6%] Building NVCC (Device) object cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o
/usr/include/surface_functions.h: In function ‘void surf1Dread(T*, surface<void, 1>, int, int, cudaSurfaceBoundaryMode)’:
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:100:95: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadc1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadc1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:100:95: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:101:96: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreads1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreads1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:102:94: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadu1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadu1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:103:94: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadu2’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadu2’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:104:95: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf1Dreadu4’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf1Dreadu4’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h: In function ‘void surf2Dread(T*, surface<void, 2>, int, int, int, cudaSurfaceBoundaryMode)’:
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:460:98: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadc1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadc1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:461:99: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreads1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreads1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:462:97: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadu1’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadu1’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:463:97: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadu2’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadu2’ must be available
/usr/include/surface_functions.h:464:98: error: there are no arguments to ‘__surf2Dreadu4’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘__surf2Dreadu4’ must be available
CMake Error at CMakeFiles/rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o.cmake:249 (message):
  Error generating file
  /media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build/cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o

make[2]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@localhost build]#

What distribution are you running? What version of cmake?

philips

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:40:53 PM

Mageia 1 (32Bit)
cmake 2.8.4
senseless

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:48:02 PM

Mageia 1 (32Bit)
cmake 2.8.4

Erm, the only thing I might suggest is try cmake 2.8.9.. I vaguely remember there's some reason I needed .9??

philips

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 08:33:23 PM

The errors persisted even with latest cmake and eventually I updated the CUDA toolkit and was able to compile both original rpcminer from this thread and Ang3lus rpcminer mod:

Code:
--   date_time
--   filesystem
--   program_options
--   regex
--   system
--   thread
-- Found CUDA: /usr/local/cuda
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
[  6%] Building NVCC (Device) object cmake-rpcminer/./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o
Scanning dependencies of target rpcminer
[ 13%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/sha256.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/hex.cpp.o
[ 26%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/httprequest.cpp.o
[ 33%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp.o
[ 40%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminermain.cpp.o
[ 46%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcrequest.cpp.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/json/json_spirit_reader.cpp.o
[ 60%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/json/json_spirit_value.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/json/json_spirit_writer.cpp.o
[ 73%] Building C object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/minercommon/base64.c.o
[ 80%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cryptopp/cpu.cpp.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cryptopp/sha.cpp.o
[ 93%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/rpcminer/rpcminerthreadgpu.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable rpcminer
[100%] Built target rpcminer
[root@localhost build]# make install
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
Linking CXX executable rpcminer
[100%] Built target rpcminer
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
-- Installing: /media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build/cmake-rpcminer/rpcminer-cuda/bitcoinminercuda.ptx
-- Installing: /media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build/cmake-rpcminer/rpcminer-cuda/rpcminer
-- Removed runtime path from "/media/NEWREZERVA/WORK/Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod-7696388/build/cmake-rpcminer/rpcminer-cuda/rpcminer"
[root@localhost build]#

However original rpcminer gives:
Code:
[root@localhost cmake-rpcminer]# ./rpcminer -url=http://pool.coinlab.com:8332 -user=protected_mofo -password=fofo
Client will start 1 miner threads
Work will be refreshed every 4000 ms
1 CUDA GPU devices found
Setting CUDA device to first device found
Loading module bitcoinminercuda_20.cubin
Unable to get function cuda_process 500
[root@localhost cmake-rpcminer]#

While Ang3lus mod goes a bit further but segfaults:

Code:
[root@localhost rpcminer-cuda]# ./rpcminer -url=http://pool.coinlab.com:8332 -user=protected_mofo -password=lofo
Client will start 1 miner threads
Work will be refreshed every 4000 ms
1 CUDA GPU devices found
Setting CUDA device to first device found
Loading module bitcoinminercuda.ptx
Target = 00000000ffff00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
CUDA initialized
Done allocating CUDA resources for (16,16)
Finding best configuration step end (16,16) 661ms  prev best=9223372036854775807ms
Done allocating CUDA resources for (16,32)
Finding best configuration step end (16,32) 338ms  prev best=661ms
Done allocating CUDA resources for (16,64)
Finding best configuration step end (128,256) 48ms  prev best=47ms
Done allocating CUDA resources for (64,256)
Segmentation fault
[root@localhost rpcminer-cuda]#

Could be the card (GeForce GTX 470) unsupported ?

senseless

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:42:38 AM

Could be the card (GeForce GTX 470) unsupported ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

The GTX 470 is arch 2.0 and should work just fine. I myself have a 460 and it works fine. But I've not tried to use it on linux.

Do you have the cubin files in the directory?

Specifically, bitcoinminercuda_20.cubin

You can download my most recent version a couple posts up to get compiled cubin files for archs 1.0-3.0

philips

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:43:45 AM

No, I thought maybe the app itself doesn't support 470...I see.

Anyway, talking about this original rpcminer:
After compilation I have the necessary 20.cubin (created with nvcc, and then renamed etc) file but gives me that Unable to get function cuda_process 500 error.

Using your compiled 20.cubin file rpcminer goes further, but in the end also segfaults, exactly like Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod described above.

I also compiled a openCL only version and is behaving the same, starting apparently fine and segfaults in the end.
senseless

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:40:59 AM

No, I thought maybe the app itself doesn't support 470...I see.

Anyway, talking about this original rpcminer:
After compilation I have the necessary 20.cubin (created with nvcc, and then renamed etc) file but gives me that Unable to get function cuda_process 500 error.

Using your compiled 20.cubin file rpcminer goes further, but in the end also segfaults, exactly like Ang3lus-rpcminer-mod described above.

I also compiled a openCL only version and is behaving the same, starting apparently fine and segfaults in the end.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I know the Ang3lus has linux specific functions in it. I couldn't get it to compile under windows. I gave up fairly quick.

Do you have any gdbs on the segfaults?

philips

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:57:07 AM

Thought about it (gdb) but in the end I gotta ask: is it worth it?

I mean (other than pure curiosity which drives me so far) is using this CUDA miner gonna bring me some gain in speed, so much that it would turn an Nvida card in something efficient for mining?

So you have an 460 and I suppose you have done some tests openCL vs Cuda with it...is there any significant improvement?   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: