Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 09:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MGN] | 🚀MAGNA COIN🚀 | MASTERNODES | ZEROCOIN | ATOMIC SWAPS [ANN]  (Read 23935 times)
gerald246kru

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:33:43 PM

Magna has now been listed to CREX 24 exchange.
https://crex24.com/exchange/MGN-BTC
Hey. I had to restart my wallet. Unlocked it again. But now it say staking not active for 3 days. Conf=staking=1. anyone got a hint?

Anyone knows why my wallet isnt staking since a restart?

You can backup wallet.dat and reinstall or redownload the chain. your data is probably corrupted
bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:36:34 PM

Hey. I had to restart my wallet. Unlocked it again. But now it say staking not active for 3 days. Conf=staking=1. anyone got a hint?

You can backup wallet.dat and reinstall or redownload the chain. your data is probably corrupted

So deleting everything beside wallet dat and then reopening wallet?
gerald246kru

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:41:00 PM

Yeah, make sure you copy wallet.dat (if not you lose all your coins!), reinstall and put wallet.dat back in the folder. you can also delete the folders blocks and chainstate and it should download the whole chain again.
bennie4

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

Yeah, make sure you copy wallet.dat (if not you lose all your coins!), reinstall and put wallet.dat back in the folder. you can also delete the folders blocks and chainstate and it should download the whole chain again.

It worked and its staking again after i changed .conf as well into staking=1 , thanks
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

Finally I got my MGN coins back from coinsmarkets.com
HendrixJimi

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:15:54 PM

Any info about Magna fork or swap in April?  Kiss
Akuaja

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:57:26 AM

What is crex? Fuckenshitnobodytrade exchange? Dev you are real or just fake? http://www.imageup.ru/img39/3023135/crex.png.html
at least the exchange still listing in coinmarketcap.com https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/crex24/
serhanni

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:37:43 AM

Any info about Magna fork or swap in April?  Kiss
Is there any active discord channel? Last login date of dev two days ago but he keeps his silence on bitcointalk.org
Milo - Magnacoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:16:31 PM

Update on Magnacoin.

Looking back at the last months, it’s safe to say Magnacoin had a very rough start. We got FUDDED hard from the beginning because of the POW/POS issue and allegations of a secret mining pool (which turned out to be untrue), the main dev left early January and took the few community funds we had, leaving Magnacoindev basically out of options. 

All that misery aside, we managed to climb from 300 sats right after presale in early December to a very respectful 6800 sats in the second week of February. All was good, the number of masternodes was rising, everyone was hodling because the rewards are really, really nice, but development was halted and Magnacoindev was forced to make decisions. Behind the scenes she lined up a new dev capable of zerocoin implementation and announced a swap out of nowhere, which led to a lot of questions and FUD on discord and tanked the price to 2000 sats in a couple of days. 

If this swap would have been executed short term in a professional way, we probably would have survived it, but it was postponed for over 6 weeks without actual details. Next we learned that the only reason for the swap was the opportunity for the new dev to fill his pockets. That’s when Magnacoindev basically disappeared from Discord.

On the bright side, since everything went south, we haven’t lost a single masternode, in fact, the number even went up. It’s a small community, but it has some very loyal investors. 

At this point, multiple people came forward with fork plans. One will merge two chains into a new one and the other one will continue Magnacoin with a 10% community fund implementation to avoid funding problems in the future and keep power over developers.

More details will follow soon.

The discord for the original Magnacoin is: https://discord.gg/rhqdRVF

The discord for the new chain is: https://discord.gg/rjyr8Se
litecoin.uno

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:06:55 PM

Nicely said  Wink Wink Wink Cool Cool , and yes is the truth Wink , but MGN will go forward like always Wink Smiley

Update on Magnacoin.

Looking back at the last months, it’s safe to say Magnacoin had a very rough start. We got FUDDED hard from the beginning because of the POW/POS issue and allegations of a secret mining pool (which turned out to be untrue), the main dev left early January and took the few community funds we had, leaving Magnacoindev basically out of options. 

All that misery aside, we managed to climb from 300 sats right after presale in early December to a very respectful 6800 sats in the second week of February. All was good, the number of masternodes was rising, everyone was hodling because the rewards are really, really nice, but development was halted and Magnacoindev was forced to make decisions. Behind the scenes she lined up a new dev capable of zerocoin implementation and announced a swap out of nowhere, which led to a lot of questions and FUD on discord and tanked the price to 2000 sats in a couple of days. 

If this swap would have been executed short term in a professional way, we probably would have survived it, but it was postponed for over 6 weeks without actual details. Next we learned that the only reason for the swap was the opportunity for the new dev to fill his pockets. That’s when Magnacoindev basically disappeared from Discord.

On the bright side, since everything went south, we haven’t lost a single masternode, in fact, the number even went up. It’s a small community, but it has some very loyal investors. 

At this point, multiple people came forward with fork plans. One will merge two chains into a new one and the other one will continue Magnacoin with a 10% community fund implementation to avoid funding problems in the future and keep power over developers.

More details will follow soon.

The discord for the original Magnacoin is: https://discord.gg/rhqdRVF

The discord for the new chain is: https://discord.gg/rjyr8Se

verb

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:27:50 AM

Milo apparently disappeared again from discord, so even though a fork will most probably happen, who knows when that long awaited date will be?! moving to komodo blockchain would be one heck of an idea

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
vduy90

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:10:52 AM

Coinmarkets are performing a temporary maintenance on Magna. It should be trading again soon. In light of it, we have decided to get listed on Stocks.Exchange as an alternative to Coinmarkets.
green41k

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:59:06 AM

My mn cant find working server so its not working.. is anyone have the same issue?
serhanni

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:11:42 AM

Coinmarkets are performing a temporary maintenance on Magna. It should be trading again soon. In light of it, we have decided to get listed on Stocks.Exchange as an alternative to Coinmarkets.
Coinsmarkets already released Magnacoin and trading won't be available on there. It is not a temporary maintenance, they scammed us. You can check on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2185903.3820

These scammers moved peoples' BTC, LTC, COLX, Shield, ALQO, etc to another exchange and dumped...
Nessing

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:56:24 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 03:58:15 PM by Nessing

When me and other two guys warned you abt the Dev who didn't paid us for our ANN translations, many of you asked us to go elsewhere and not bothering with our issue. . Now I let you all cry!
Next time let's be one against fraud and injustice and not think to ourselves only...
Good luck!!
bemine431

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:47:18 AM

Have had this before with other quark based coin. Was a problem with the block chain. First backup your wallet.dat file, then delete all files and directories in the data folder except wallet.dat, masternode.conf (if running a masternode) and magnacoin.conf files.
Blockchain will download again and resync and should be fixed.
hoasn12xc88

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:04:21 PM

I heard they didn't pay some people on their signature campaign I have a friend who joined on their signature campaign and he got accepted. On the first payment, he didn't received any
fionaflora265

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:17:50 PM

"Wow nice coin Smiley
Keep working I believe in a high value in future  Grin
litecoin.uno

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:18:54 PM

This coin is stacking like hell , The DEV was dumped us and we really need a DEV , this coin it becomes a community coin , is stronger than never , so let`s try to put this coin on the top  Wink Wink Wink
The Discord channel is this https://discord.gg/HQpYczA Please join .
bennie4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:26:52 PM

Ufrom the team of Magnacoin

I'm going to put forth my suggested action plan for the next few months. Please know that I have no intentions of carrying out the plan without community backing because every decision should be made democratically and in a decentralized manner.

We have been on the search for competent C++ developers to fork PIVX for us. The reality is that there is a shortage of blockchain developers in the space and many competent devs are busy coding on their own projects.  The ones that are willing to code for us, either charge exorbitant upfront fees in BTC, or demand a very large stake in the premine. In most cases, there are no guarantees as to whether they continue development afterwards. Also, having one developer is an issue in itself. We need someone to peer review and audit the code to ensure there are no vulnerabilities or exploits being ran behind our backs.

In my humble opinion, a re-branding would only be useful if we were adding something innovative on top of the previous chain. By doing a simple PIVX fork with no design changes, we are desensitizing the process of re-branding, which limits us in the long term. If we're going to do a proper re-brand, then everything must be changed from top to bottom.

At this point in time, the coin has no active blockchain development, the volume is low and the price is in the gutter. We need to keep all of our options open in the next few months if we want the coin to succeed. I propose partially migrating to the Komodo blockchain, but keeping the old coin chain alive. That way, the old chain can easily be revived when we find a/group of developer(s). It also means we still our maintain our status as a masternodes coin. The re-building process is going to be slow, unless we suddenly stumble upon a group of coders that can work long term on the project. However, there are plenty of opportunities to develop the coin off-chain, while we find our footing.

Active development is the key guys. As long as a small cap coin displays that it's alive, then the price stands a much better chance of rising long term. We can't have another few months where development remains in stagnation because it would kill the coin off completely. The Komodo avenue not only gives us an opportunity to take Magna down a new path, but also gives us more time to find a developer to work on the old MGN chain.
tl;DR
To summarize for those who are not going to read the block of text above:

* Blockchain devs are very few
* We need to make a move asap. No more stagnation.
* Komodo gives us an opportunity to expand our horizons. It's also an excellent marketing tactic for promoting atomic swaps
*Costs are at a minimum for deploying a Komodo token
*We should do some work off the chain that indirectly involves MGN
*The old chain mustn't be killed off completely
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: