Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do we need a new forum?
No, I love it here it is so professional and the mods really seem helpful - 22 (9.1%)
Yes, this site doesn't even have a privacy policy - 11 (4.5%)
No Way, where would I go to scam people? - 3 (1.2%)
Yes, It is offensive that BFL advertises here - 16 (6.6%)
No way, where would I buy my illegal securities? - 2 (0.8%)
Yes, I do not like that Tradefortress runs an illegal bank here - 4 (1.7%)
No, I like that I can come to this site and do criminal things - 2 (0.8%)
Yes, I'm sick and tired of the mods not doing anything - 16 (6.6%)
No, I like that they hold 6000 BTC from the community and still allow scamming - 13 (5.4%)
But then I couldn't buy my drugs anymore - 1 (0.4%)
What? Where would we go? - 15 (6.2%)
If you don't ban Viceroy I'll just scream - 35 (14.5%)
Yes - 55 (22.7%)
No - 47 (19.4%)
Total Voters: 242

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking a team to develop Bitcointalk 2.0 forums (apply within)  (Read 23467 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:17:43 PM

I've been reading up on Bitmessage lately. Wouldn't it be possible in theory to build a forum that uses Bitmessage as the backend? Run a node that archives the messages and creates a web interface to the discussion. If someone doesn't want to run Bitmessage to communicate, a web interface can be provided.

Bitmessage rocks, integration suggestion added to OP.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:56:57 PM

I just look at the link you posted, it is only about the software, I don't get why I'd post my suggestions there
You don't like the idea to create a new forum dedicated to all the features?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

I just look at the link you posted, it is only about the software, I don't get why I'd post my suggestions there

I do not like the idea of rushing this conversation off to a room where there is nobody to contribute ideas.  Bitcointalk is the largest community of bitcoin users anywhere in the world and while there are indeed a number of major issues that need to be addressed I think it is way to soon to create any kind of new forum.  It is even possible that we could generate a list of meaningful issues and have the admin of this forum try to deal with them.  I am not a fan of jumping ship.  

I am a fan of improved communication and reduced scamming.  There is no reason to leave this forum at this time.  I will note that you are not alone in your desire to get me off this forum, many people who posted in the poll would like me to leave.  

>If you don't ban Viceroy I'll just scream (22%+)  Shocked

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:30:42 PM

I do not like the idea of rushing this conversation off to a room where there is nobody to contribute ideas.  Bitcointalk is the largest community of bitcoin users anywhere in the world and while there are indeed a number of major issues that need to be addressed I think it is way to soon to create any kind of new forum.  It is even possible that we could generate a list of meaningful issues and have the admin of this forum try to deal with them.  I am not a fan of jumping ship. 

I am a fan of improved communication and reduced scamming.  There is no reason to leave this forum at this time.  I will note that you are not alone in your desire to get me off this forum, many people who posted in the poll would like me to leave. 

>If you don't ban Viceroy I'll just scream (22%+)  Shocked
Don't get me wrong, I proposed this because I think that discussing ideas is much more easy when there's a whole thread for each
I fine with staying here too

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:45:16 PM

Be wary that decision by consensus isn't a good idea.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:46:57 PM

There is no reason to leave this forum at this time.  I will note that you are not alone in your desire to get me off this forum, many people who posted in the poll would like me to leave.  

>If you don't ban Viceroy I'll just scream (22%+)  Shocked

So long as we're not all helping you build a new fiefdom  Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:47:14 PM

Where do you want us to post new suggestions? Here or in the poll?

By the way:
Forbid account selling
Suggestion box where everybody can propose, but only established users can vote

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:31:34 PM

I think restricting each user to one account (aka ban sock puppets) eliminates the possibility of selling accounts.  I'm not sure what to do with the idea of a suggestion box.  Shouldn't this entire project be considered the suggestion box?

>Be wary that decision by consensus
If it was easy to fix this forum by just making a new one I would have done that long ago.  This is a group problem that requires a group solution.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:31:51 PM

Has 2FA been mentioned?  With the recent hackings here I think it's definitely something to be considered for any serious forum.

As for moderators, I think unpaid is the way to go... the forum shouldn't exist for making money.  The only money that needs to be made (IMO) is to pay for hosting/other required services for the forum.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:36:56 PM

>Has 2FA been mentioned?

I added it to the OP.  Do you think it should be required or optional?

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:55:22 PM

Optional

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:24:40 PM

Optional

Optional... unless there's a service offered by the forum involving any type of trading/escrow/etc, required if you want to use those services.

I would really like to have Tapatalk support. And a lot of other users too (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2319.0)

That plugin is free. Why hasn't it been added?

This isn't the thread to talk about why something hasn't been added to the bitcointalk.org forums.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:26:09 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 10:51:34 PM by Viceroy

This isn't the thread to talk about why something hasn't been added to the bitcointalk.org forums.

+1   (sorry jackjack).  edit: because you don't like +1's.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:05:56 PM

Optional

Optional... unless there's a service offered by the forum involving any type of trading/escrow/etc, required if you want to use those services.
It just requires forbidding users without 2FA to use those services.
It also depends on the 2nd FA used. I don't know many of them and I don't like the only ones I can think of (sms, yubikey) but maybe I'd like some other ones. Is there a list?

+1   (sorry jackjack).
I think you quoted the wrong part of the post. If not, I don't get it.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

Google Authenticator is probably a solid option for 2FA, though I haven't looked into how it works at all.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:13:16 PM

Optional

It just requires forbidding users without 2FA to use those services.
It also depends on the 2nd FA used. I don't know many of them and I don't like the only ones I can think of (sms, yubikey) but maybe I'd like some other ones. Is there a list?

+1   (sorry jackjack).
I think you quoted the wrong part of the post. If not, I don't get it.

He was making a joke about the fact that you hate +1 .
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:27:37 PM

I think we need to cut down on the amount of bad language and scams so many now people to this site are being treated badly scammed and what not that and they are just leaving!

this community is going to destroy it self if we don't do something about it soon !!!

I have reported loads of scams loads of threats of violence and all it says is you have reported x amounts of posts with 0% accuracy

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:45:57 PM

He was making a joke about the fact that you hate +1 .
Ha yeah, indeed!
I don't hate +1s that much Grin

Google Authenticator is probably a solid option for 2FA, though I haven't looked into how it works at all.
It's true I often read people considering it. I never studied this either though.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:51:49 PM

Good call.

3RR0R

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:32:59 AM

Hi,
I am very new to the forum. When we are a part of a community we should love it and try to make it good. Whatever problem occurs we should try to short it out, rather than get out of the community and creating a new one. So if the problem is here, lets solve it here.

If you are trying to create a complete new community, I think we will loose our strength. But if you are trying to create a updated version of this community here I just appreciate you and I will volunteer you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: