Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:37:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea?  (Read 3803 times)
HAARP

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:44:08 PM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Is it a good approach to stay invested for long term in the altcoin space?

If and only if you can find the correct one, it would save your life forever. Look at iota owners, they made amazing money from the last pump. The key is finding the correct one and go all in with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:49:44 PM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Until now is still profitable, depend your mindset, strategy and patience. If you still get income from invest ( long term ) in altcoin, you should try to grow up your asset. Investment is only use long term period and that's the rules but patience is needed. Keep learn about crypto world and I hope your investment will always profitable.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:54:36 PM

It is ALWAYS a good idea to diversify your portfolio if you would like to lower your overall risk of exposure to join one coin. But the more you diversify the more average your return is coin to be. But if you are 100% invested in BTC and BCH ends up being the main coin you then risk losing everything.

Currently, the best option is to buy some coins, I recommend Waves or if you have more money - Ethereum and keep them. Profits grow by themselves and you do not have to do anything about it.
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:11:08 PM

Now it's not the best idea to invest in altcoins, almost all prices are falling down right now, there are only few altcoins that have stable price Monero and Dash, this two more profitable now that any other altcoins.

Which altcoins fall down? Almost all of them grew week ago like a crazy, on friday there was a small fall and now they grow again a little bit but in common there is an upward trend. I think it is great idea.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:12:50 PM

Yep, i think it's a good idea, especially now when bitcoin costs hell a lot. however you'd better choose decent alt crypto like Ethereum or Monero
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

as analysis shows for several years - then yes. But no one knows where the top point of this market
No one obviously knows. Earlier this year, most of these coins were still in their very early stage and their value was just so little.

Take a look at Ethereum earlier this year, it was even less than $10, but now that is not just some small increase in value. The point is no one can ever know how far or how huge in value most of these Altcoins are, but we just have to take our chances on some good coins as long as the project behind them seems viable and they have a good team.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:43:40 PM

Most of nowadays altcoins possible will die in near future. So I invested in small alts no more than 10% of all my crypto. A lot of investment in BTC and ETH. some waiting for  incoming ICOs.
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:51:20 PM

It really depends on the altcoin and the market. I have made several long term altcoin investments that have gone nowhere but are poised to go up in the future. It's easy to lose money right now so maybe stick to erc tokens or some shit

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:58:35 PM

Yes, if you dont have good trading skills, investing altcoins is also a good strategy to get profit. You can choose IOTA, Bitcoin cash and Ethereum to hold in 1 year. You are not regret when buying them
narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:01:27 PM

It is hard to say because maybe this advice is good for other but does not apply on you but still you can hold coin and decide when to sell your coin and  also if you are a good trader that will be good for you, you cab hone your skill when watching how to trade crypto currencies in youtube bitcoin cash and ethereum would be the two i recommend the most

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

Yes, investing for the long term in altcoins is a very good idea, but you need firstly to choose carefully this altcoins, because there are few number of stable and promising coins among a big list of shitcoins. I even believe that people will invest more nowadays in altcoins because BTC price is very high.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:04:10 AM

Make sure that the altcoins you've chosen has a potential to grow. Since you've study the altcoin markets I think you already know what's the best altcoin to invest, just be sure to set limits on how long do you want to hold it .
As they said, investing in the long term in any altcoin and a very big risk, and it is always advisable that before you embark on this somber road you read all material that has the currency, be they whitepapers, news, updates even the actions of the and social networks are interesting to look at.

To work with altcoin I would like to hold a 1 to 2 week hold because the risk is smaller to lose or win. Always invest in the nobles that you will hardly lose your money.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:20:05 AM

It really depends on the altcoin and the market. I have made several long term altcoin investments that have gone nowhere but are poised to go up in the future. It's easy to lose money right now so maybe stick to erc tokens or some shit

Investing in altcoins depend on the market. It is good when it become successful during its ICO because many investors want it that can result to have a high price and get huge profit if hold it some time. Some altcoins do not give profit even you hold it long time especially if not really become success. Even it is introduced in the market, the price will still low and having small number of investors

orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:27:39 AM

Its good question since altcoin have high volatile price.
Some people worry because altcoin sometime dump to its lowest price.
But if altcoin, make us not worry, choose the top 10 of altcoin to invest. It is not zero risk but at least low risk.

Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:30:47 AM

Investing for long term in altcoins is a good idea because when you buy some altcoins they really go down in value if you are able to hold for long then you can make huge profit from your investment in altcoins.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:43:00 AM

Yes, Investing for the long term in an altcoin is really very good idea. So many altcoins are good to invest like ETH, WAVE, STRATIS.
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:55:08 AM

Absolutely a good idea to invest in altcoin in the long term. Most of the altcoins are trading at very low prices compared to bitcoin, that means there is a huge potential for growth if you invest your money in it. For example, there are lot of altcoins which is trading near to 1$. If you invest in one of them, and in future if that technology succeed, there is a good chance that, the price could reach 100$ multiplying your investment 100 times. I think everyone has his or her investment strategies and what to achieve at the end the day.
bestICOever

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:50:25 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy💐👏Great News! Guys! BlockOptions is a blockchain Binary Options Dapp running on 100% EtherZero blockchain. They are doing free airdrop😀😀😀 now! You can get 3000 BO for free by joining their telegram group!
http://www.blockoptions.com/airdrop/

https://i.imgur.com/o0PyWVR.jpg
bestICOever

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:03:31 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy💐👏Great News! Guys! BlockOptions is a blockchain Binary Options Dapp running on 100% EtherZero blockchain. They are doing free airdrop😀😀😀 now! You can get 3000 BO for free by joining their telegram group!
http://www.blockoptions.com/airdrop/?code=HisTYDWfA7

https://i.imgur.com/o0PyWVR.jpg

oktana

Activity: 1582
Merit: 280

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 08:07:10 AM

If you look at the thread you made at that time, it is obviously very good to continue holding or continuing to invest in all the coins we have because a month later the price goes up so fast, now the price has dropped so much that it forces us to continue holding and continue to invest for long periods of time as well, maybe the price will come back again like last year because we will never know how the condition of Crypto in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀