Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:23:10 PM

Is it possible to switch over to kimono gravity well retargeting?

Why?  Because it sounds cool?

CB diff algo works fine and never an issue.
papersheepdog

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:52:47 PM

Why?  Because it sounds cool?

CB diff algo works fine and never an issue.

Its a good point to bring up because of the buzz surrounding the Famous Gravity Well. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is to prevent mining pools from busting in on a low difficulty coin and ramming it with an insane hashrate before its block difficulty has a chance to ramp up. Once it does the pool leaves a barren wasteland of high difficulty blocks which cannot easily be mined by the little guys anymore until the diff comes down (at which time the pool may return to wreak havok).

If we look at CGB, we see that it has already matured beyond this volatility. Proof of Work mining which the Gravity Well protects, is no longer a major target for miners in CGB. We are almost at the point where the block reward will be 0.01CGB indefinitely. This reward is intended to give just enough incentive to Proof of Work mining which works in conjunction with Proof of Stake minting to secure the network, and provide savers with interest. In short, CGB is past the point of high volatility caused by mining.

x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:40:07 PM

Reddit tipping bot is now in testing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/1xl1jw/gotcrypto_tip_bot_is_now_in_testing_phase/

Currently the bot is only active in the /r/GotCrypto subreddit.  It will be expanded to more subreddits, starting with /r/CryptogenicBullion once it is working fully.

The most important thing right now is to upvote the bot  /u/GotCrypto  so I don't have to manually solve the captchas.  Most of the failures at this point are me failing to solve the captcha or accidentally closing the bot trying to copy paste the captcha link.

Please try it out.

THIS IS HUGE!

You guys, I couldn't sleep last night because Artiface made a Reddit Tip bot lol!!! There is no friendlier and direct way to spread good will and excitement than tipping people in CGB!! Any comment with merit and positive message relating to CGB can be tipped! People love it! THANK YOU ARTIFACE!! (and fasten your seat belts!)

thanks papersheepdog.

I'm giving away CGB tips to anyone who comments in /r/GotCrypto so I can test the bot. 

All I ask is the bot needs upvotes so i can stop babysitting it to solve captchas. Once the bot has enough upvotes I can start turning it loose on other subreddits.

This is really cool artiface!! Just registered and upvoted what i could upvote. Also sended out a tweet about this. Happy to see that everyday things come together more & more.

What you guys think about a chat/support room on freenode? If there are people interested i can check this out and setup a room with bot etc.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:41:14 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 09:46:34 PM by elambert

This is indeed an excellent question and a great opportunity to educate as well, so thank you for bringing this up.

I recall when the Kimoto Gravity Well was first announced and implemented in Megacoin to combat mining pools which were taking advantage of Megacoin’s previously implemented, inadequate difficulty adjustment algorithm. This was a major issue for Megacoin and many other coins at the time, so it was a critical move. CGB on the other hand, since its creation, has employed a linear, rapidly adjusting algorithm (difficulty adjusts every 2 blocks) so the problem has never occurred, nor will it. As a matter of fact, when the Gravity Well first kicked in, I watched the Megacoin blockchain and compared it to the CGB blockchain as the multipools would hit the coins and quickly get bumped due to the difficulty adjustment. My perfunctory observation indicated that not only did CGB’s difficulty adjustment algorithm work as effectively as the Gravity Well; it in fact outperformed the Gravity Well by showing more fluid difficulty adjustments.

Kimoto certainly did an excellent job turning a problem in MEC to a selling point, but for CGB, such a move was never a need and would be pointless.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:07:26 AM

preety much sucs you people made 2nd reddit instead of using main one.
it seems u dont have real markting plan

yolo
x0rcist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:06:24 AM

thanks for the trolling.. if you would have read the documents then you could see that we made a dedicated subreddit for the marketing part so people interested in only CGB dont get "spammed" with our brainthoughts. http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:18:49 PM

Good-bye Kaka-coin Grin Lepro-coin? Is that a disease?  Huh  Whatever, CGB is better, let's race  Smiley
http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
IRINFO

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Hello,

We are officially accepting Cryptogenic Bullion as a form of payment at our website, www.SaltsWorldwide.com !

Pay with CGB and automatically receive an additional discount on your order!

We offer FREE shipping in the US and we ship worldwide with low international shipping costs!

Check us out today!  We hope to be in your kitchen soon!  Smiley
artiface

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:33:08 PM

I wanted to say sorry to everyone that I announced the Reddit tip bot too soon it seems.  I didn't see the issue in my initial testing, it was only once I got a few people using it that I realized there was a problem.

I just couldn't continue the tip bot the way it was, the CGB client's getbalance API command was reporting everyone to have about 10 cgb more than they should, and the tip bot was using the reported balance which would have led to people getting and possibly withdrawing more CGB than they received. It looks like the fix is more major than I had thought. The way the bot was using the CGB client's API is not reliable when dealing with multiple accounts.  mercSuey said he knows of the issue and is fixing it in version 2.0.

That means I need to do a major overhaul to the tip bot to keep track of the balances itself instead of relying on the CGB client to do it. It may be a few days before I get the tip bot back online. Sorry everyone, but I'm glad I found this out now in testng than later with more people using it.

It says a lot about the quality of people in this community that several users notified me that their balances were too high, instead of just withdrawing them.  I really appreciate the users who let me know there was an issue.

Again if you were one of the 15 people who registered and had a tip balance PM me your address and I will send you 1 CGB or your balance whichever was higher. Only one user had actually made a deposit, the rest were the funds I was giving away for people to test.  Thanks again to everyone who helped.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

thanks for the trolling.. if you would have read the documents then you could see that we made a dedicated subreddit for the marketing part so people interested in only CGB dont get "spammed" with our brainthoughts. http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/

This is correct, we are spamming the /r/GotCrypto subreddit with all kinds of marketing gibberish that a lot of people do not want to see, they just want CGB related stuff which can be found at the /r/CryptogenicBullion subreddit.

I am curious forzendiablo, you stated earlier that: "u guys should consider helping the guy running reddit for you." Do you have some kind of motivation that you aren't telling us about?

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:01:31 PM

I wanted to say sorry to everyone that I announced the Reddit tip bot too soon it seems.  I didn't see the issue in my initial testing, it was only once I got a few people using it that I realized there was a problem.

I just couldn't continue the tip bot the way it was, the CGB client's getbalance API command was reporting everyone to have about 10 cgb more than they should, and the tip bot was using the reported balance which would have led to people getting and possibly withdrawing more CGB than they received. It looks like the fix is more major than I had thought. The way the bot was using the CGB client's API is not reliable when dealing with multiple accounts.  mercSuey said he knows of the issue and is fixing it in version 2.0.

That means I need to do a major overhaul to the tip bot to keep track of the balances itself instead of relying on the CGB client to do it. It may be a few days before I get the tip bot back online. Sorry everyone, but I'm glad I found this out now in testng than later with more people using it.

It says a lot about the quality of people in this community that several users notified me that their balances were too high, instead of just withdrawing them.  I really appreciate the users who let me know there was an issue.

Again if you were one of the 15 people who registered and had a tip balance PM me your address and I will send you 1 CGB or your balance whichever was higher. Only one user had actually made a deposit, the rest were the funds I was giving away for people to test.  Thanks again to everyone who helped.

No need to apologize! We got a good taste and all good things take time. Don't overwork yourself and don't forget to get some sleep Wink Looking forward to losing my own sleep over the excitement again Cheesy

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:25:04 PM

Hi Team!

I have added /r/Dogecoin as a Highlighted Community to our strategy at http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/1xput0/highlighted_community_on_reddit_at_rdogecoin/. This is an early draft but I would like to get some feedback and excitement going about this. Here is an excerpt from the document:

Interaction Notes: If you are not familiar with Reddit, it is a place for content and link, sharing and discussion. It is important that you upvote only those comments and posts with merit, and instead of downvoting, choose instead to leave an informative or helpful comment. Try to promote CGB only where it is on-topic to do so. Otherwise, general discussion and debate often leads itself to such an opportunity. It is important that we maintain our helpful and respectful attitude when interacting with the Doge community. It is also an opportunity to show excitement, encouragement, inclusion, humor, and a light hearted attitude.

Opportunities: Doge has started an amazing movement where everyone can be part of the excitement. I cannot convey the gift that this community has given to all crypto-currencies; mainstream seems right around the corner. The opportunity lies in the fact that we are part of an ecosystem and one coin cannot do all jobs. Where doge is excellent at spreading excitement(http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/dogecoin-value-soars-40m-follow-chinese-exchange-opens-1436085) and opening new outlets for commerce and spending, it needs a low inflation, interest bearing, savings account where Doge supporters can tuck away a small portion of their wealth as part of a healthy investment portfolio. The big picture may include Bitcoin as the "market gateway" with its multitude of established trade pairs.

Common Misconceptions: I believe the most common misconception of this community is with the way that maintenance costs (http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/) work for a coin. With this understanding it becomes clear that an interest bearing, low inflation, savings account which CGB provides, is a healthy part of a well invested Shibe.

mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1036
Merit: 370

Como es dios es amor

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

Nice buying opportunity at cryptsy.

Bought an extra 100 at .000985  Cheesy
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:38:40 PM

Hello,

We are officially accepting Cryptogenic Bullion as a form of payment at our website, www.SaltsWorldwide.com !

Pay with CGB and automatically receive an additional discount on your order!

We offer FREE shipping in the US and we ship worldwide with low international shipping costs!

Check us out today!  We hope to be in your kitchen soon!  Smiley

Salt?  This is code right?  Not actual salt?

Which one is most euphoric?  And I DON'T want to eat anyone's face off so if this has any of that face eating stuff in there, well it's no deal Mr.!
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:42:02 PM

Yeah, just saw that huge dump!  Had an order in at .00106 ish that got filled.

Ok, I really wanted to get up to be a member of the exclusive 10k club but I gotta stop buying at around 6k CGB.  Time to withdraw them to stake for the next year!  Assuming this CGB will have appreciated greatly by then.
x0rcist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:31:30 PM

Ok, I really wanted to get up to be a member of the exclusive 10k club but I gotta stop buying at around 6k CGB.  Time to withdraw them to stake for the next year!  Assuming this CGB will have appreciated greatly by then.

It's indeed a great buying oppertunity atm! Looks like the people that are dumping their stake do this without knowing what is playing in the CGB community now. Guess it dont take to long to dry up those low reserves on exchanges Smiley  Spread the word, the community is working hard on plans for more exposure.

Salt?  This is code right?  Not actual salt?

Which one is most euphoric?  And I DON'T want to eat anyone's face off so if this has any of that face eating stuff in there, well it's no deal Mr.!

lol i didn't look at that this way.. taking a bath in meow Grin
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:51:58 PM

No worries friend, you have the communities support! Please let me know via pm if any financial support is needed. Thanks!
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:57:02 PM

I wonder if this was the same kind-hearted crypto philanthropist who filled all BTC buy orders down to $102 a couple days ago on BTC-e??? Not sure how long such an individual can keep up at this rate, but congrats to all who benefited Smiley
x0rcist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:02:37 PM

I wonder if this was the same kind-hearted crypto philanthropist who filled all BTC buy orders down to $102 a couple days ago on BTC-e??? Not sure how long such an individual can keep up at this rate, but congrats to all who benefited Smiley

I just wrote my thoughts about this on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/comments/1xr06j/cgb_good_buying_oppertunity_right_now/
Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:16:25 PM

Can  .....    not       ...... resist     ....  buying          .....

at these prices

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: