Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:18:17 PM

Predict the price of Bitcoin on 1 April 2015 - win CGB's

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553123.0

Nice!
Made my prediction.
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:39:14 AM

CGB Core Team Weekly Update – April 1, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

We are please to be able to report that smooth progress is being made with both our next CGB client software update, but also with the official CGB website and Reddit presence. Artiface has incorporated the latest Novacoin upgrades appropriate for the CGB client software including coin control features that allow selecting which inputs to use when sending coins. Also expected for next release is automatic PoS check-pointing, visualization of minting, time to next mint, GUI unlock, and more. We are also in the investigating and planning stages of considering a change to the PoW and PoS logistics with the greatest emphasis put on maintaining the inflationary profile.

In the interest of open collaboration, we would like to elaborate on this topic by first describing our thoughts and progress. Two drivers motivate these investigations. One is that our current PoW block target of one minute is too frequently causing collisions with the PoS blocks. While this is not a security risk, it does cause inefficiencies in the network. Second is that while we have the chance, we would like to study the possibility of reducing the minimum coin age for minting to increase participation in the network's security. For the collision issue, we are considering bumping the PoW block time from every minute to a maximum of every ten minutes while multiplying the reward by ten. The PoS minimum coin age could be reduced to as low as daily while rewarding with a 1% rate while leaving the maximum coin age at 90 days with a reward rate of 1.5%. We very much appreciate any input or analysis that we can get from the community especially in comparison to how other coins may be doing it better.

Much work has been done to the official CGB website over the weekend. In addition to the marketing strategy, the CGB Community Powered Promotion campaign has also been formalized on the marketing page of the website. I have added brand guidance which will be expanded upon, as well as a gallery of both official CGB images and community produced content. Throughout the site and on the Reddit sidebar there is now a link to “Promote CGB! Rally Point.” This leads active CGB community members to the /r/GotCrypto subReddit, a place for posting and discussion of various opportunities and material which are of interest to those who wish to promote CGB.

The CGB Resources section of the website has been completely updated to be a one-stop shop for anything one would need, to learn about, use, and promote, Cryptogenic Bullion. The community section has also been updated but is still far from its potential. Under a section called Support CGB, we have included a link to our community driven effort to translate CGB's new website! I would like to thank spac3_invad3r for bringing this up and stepping forward to help organize this monumental task! We must ask that all community members who are able to translate our website from English to any other language consider helping us to maintain our proud history of broad multilingual support.

April is an exciting month for Cryptogenic Bullion as we look forward to releasing the new client version, completing development of the website, and celebrating the addition of CGB to the Vault of Satoshi exchange supporting direct CAD or USD exchange with CGB. In the near term we also plan to bring some more advanced new features and a more modern branded look to the CGB client software. Finally, I believe by now the downward trend identified in this chart (feb analysis) has intersected the long term 0.001CGB/BTC buying support line. In technical analysis we would expect a high level of volatility when two trends, or forces, oppose each other until a breakout is sustained one way or the other.

This is certainly going to be an exciting month!

The CGB Core Team

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:10:59 AM

Predict the price of Bitcoin on 1 April 2015 - win CGB's

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553123.0

Hey BTCat that's awesome!

I have linked you in on the Promote CGB! Rally Point as an example Wink Keep up the good work!

menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:34:44 AM

We are please to be able to report that smooth progress is being made with both our next CGB client software update, but also with the official CGB website and Reddit presence. Artiface has incorporated the latest Novacoin upgrades appropriate for the CGB client software including coin control features that allow selecting which inputs to use when sending coins. Also expected for next release is automatic PoS check-pointing, visualization of minting, time to next mint, GUI unlock, and more. We are also in the investigating and planning stages of considering a change to the PoW and PoS logistics with the greatest emphasis put on maintaining the inflationary profile.

In the interest of open collaboration, we would like to elaborate on this topic by first describing our thoughts and progress. Two drivers motivate these investigations. One is that our current PoW block target of one minute is too frequently causing collisions with the PoS blocks. While this is not a security risk, it does cause inefficiencies in the network. Second is that while we have the chance, we would like to study the possibility of reducing the minimum coin age for minting to increase participation in the network's security. For the collision issue, we are considering bumping the PoW block time from every minute to a maximum of every ten minutes while multiplying the reward by ten. The PoS minimum coin age could be reduced to as low as daily while rewarding with a 1% rate while leaving the maximum coin age at 90 days with a reward rate of 1.5%. We very much appreciate any input or analysis that we can get from the community especially in comparison to how other coins may be doing it better.

Much work has been done to the official CGB website over the weekend. In addition to the marketing strategy, the CGB Community Powered Promotion campaign has also been formalized on the marketing page of the website. I have added brand guidance which will be expanded upon, as well as a gallery of both official CGB images and community produced content. Throughout the site and on the Reddit sidebar there is now a link to “Promote CGB! Rally Point.” This leads active CGB community members to the /r/GotCrypto subReddit, a place for posting and discussion of various opportunities and material which are of interest to those who wish to promote CGB.

The CGB Resources section of the website has been completely updated to be a one-stop shop for anything one would need, to learn about, use, and promote, Cryptogenic Bullion. The community section has also been updated but is still far from its potential. Under a section called Support CGB, we have included a link to our community driven effort to translate CGB's new website! I would like to thank spac3_invad3r for bringing this up and stepping forward to help organize this monumental task! We must ask that all community members who are able to translate our website from English to any other language consider helping us to maintain our proud history of broad multilingual support.

April is an exciting month for Cryptogenic Bullion as we look forward to releasing the new client version, completing development of the website, and celebrating the addition of CGB to the Vault of Satoshi exchange supporting direct CAD or USD exchange with CGB. In the near term we also plan to bring some more advanced new features and a more modern branded look to the CGB client software. Finally, I believe by now the downward trend identified in this chart (feb analysis) has intersected the long term 0.001CGB/BTC buying support line. In technical analysis we would expect a high level of volatility when two trends, or forces, oppose each other until a breakout is sustained one way or the other.

The CGB Core Team

Great job guys! the informational value of the weekly updates is very high, keep the momentum going!
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1036
Merit: 370

Como es dios es amor

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:11:26 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 06:49:08 AM by mvdheuvel1983

, we have included a link to our community driven effort to translate CGB's new website! I would like to thank spac3_invad3r for bringing this up and stepping forward to help organize this monumental task! We must ask that all community members who are able to translate our website from English to any other language consider helping us to maintain our proud history of broad multilingual support.

Nice system to work together with the translations. I will start helping with the dutch translation whenever I have some time to spare Smiley

I'm at work and have many other things to do, so I will probably make slow but steady progress with this the coming week. But I am working on it as we speak Smiley
And maybe there are other community members from the Netherlands so we can work together at different sections at the same time!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:22:29 AM

The CGB Core Team

Thanks for the update and great work team !

I have a question though regarding the change of blocktimes.
Are POS blocks being generated freuquently enough to keep the fast transactions times even if POW blocks are generated only every 10?
The collisions you mentioned suggest that that is the case but I wanted to ask anyway.

I always love how fast a transaction is confirmed with CGB and I'd hate to see that being turned into the snail pace we know from BTC.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:53:28 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 11:31:30 AM by elambert

The CGB Core Team

Are POS blocks being generated freuquently enough to keep the fast transactions times even if POW blocks are generated only every 10?
The collisions you mentioned suggest that that is the case but I wanted to ask anyway.

I always love how fast a transaction is confirmed with CGB and I'd hate to see that being turned into the snail pace we know from BTC.

Very good point you bring up. Maintaining the speed of CGB transaction times is one of our primary concerns as well. PoS block time will target 1 minute and with the allowance for daily staking (interest earning), more PoS blocks will be occurring acting to speed transactions and to better secure the CGB network.

One thing I would like to be careful to highlight is that these changes would NOT affect inflation. The 0.5% inflation through PoW mining would remain despite a reward increase of 10x because the generation time would equally multiply by 10x. Also the coin age of 90 days to earn 1.5% annually would remain in tact. The min age of 30 days to earn 1.2% annual interest would be superseded by a min age of 1 day to earn 1% annual interest. Again, this daily min age for staking would populate the network with more PoS blocks to both speed the transaction time and better secure the network.
patmast3r

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:00:08 AM

Very good point you bring up. Maintaining the speed of CGB transaction times is one of our primary concerns as well. PoS block time will target 1 minute and with the allowance for daily staking (interest earning), more PoS blocks will be ocuring acting to speed transactions and to better secure the CGB network.

One think I would like to be careful to highlight is that these changes would NOT affect inflation. The 0.5% inflation through PoW mining would remain despite a reward increase of 10x because the generation time would equally multiply by 10x. Also the coin age of 90 days to earn 1.5% annually would remain in tact. The min age of 30 days to earn 1.2% annual interest would be superseded by a min age of 1 day to earn 1% annual interest. Again, this daily min age for staking would populate the network with more PoS blocks to both speed the transaction time and better secure the network.

Thank you for clearing that up. I hope it works out as intended.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:26:11 PM

Technical Chart Analysis - CGB Breaks back into familiar territory 0.001BTC - Expect volatility

I hadn't been watching the markets much the last couple days but now that I look it seems we have met our old friend 0.001CGB/BTC.

As explored in previous posts, when you have two long term forces opposing each other you have to hold on tight for the ride while it resolves. Once it breaks out it usually carries momentum.

I am at work right now so could only afford an MS Paint solution at this time. Here is the latest chart.

Previous analysis:
Technical Analysis of CGB All-time Chart Feb 27, 2014
Technical Analysis of CGB All-time Chart Feb 13, 2014

patmast3r

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

Technical Chart Analysis - CGB Breaks back into familiar territory 0.001BTC - Expect volatility

I hadn't been watching the markets much the last couple days but now that I look it seems we have met our old friend 0.001CGB/BTC.

As explored in previous posts, when you have two long term forces opposing each other you have to hold on tight for the ride while it resolves. Once it breaks out it usually carries momentum.

I am at work right now so could only afford an MS Paint solution at this time. Here is the latest chart.

Previous analysis:

Looking at the chart I think it could test that level of resistance again and then that resistance could turn into support. I think the price will go down a little again in the next days but I'm no pro so don't even think about trading according to what i just said xD

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:38:55 PM

Previous analysis:

Looking at the chart I think it could test that level of resistance again and then that resistance could turn into support. I think the price will go down a little again in the next days but I'm no pro so don't even think about trading according to what i just said xD

I would say that's a pretty safe bet! Any big move always seems to be corrected as profits are taken. This is just a standard tendency of the market and not always true especially if there are more powerful forces at play. Corrections are healthy testing of support though as you say Smiley

menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

We're getting behind, we need a lot more votes here (once per account):
Atomic-Trade https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529591

And this. Vote every 1-hour:
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://comkort.com/vote
https://coinano.com/vote

Thanks  Cheesy

Reminder: Keep voting guys!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:25:49 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 06:59:19 PM by crackfoo

Just wondering if there is any reason my pool is seeing an increase in orphaned blocks? Had 7 in the past 24 hours...

Any other pools the same?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:44:00 PM

Ticker    ALCUREX - alcurEX cryptocurrency exchange shares
Date   03 Apr 16:08 Coin vote result
28 most wanted coins voted on the alcurEX market:

AUR - AuroraCoin
BC - Blackcoin
BTC Bitcoin
CGB - CryptogenicBullion
DOGE - Dogecoin
DRK - Darkcoin
DVC - DevCoin
FAC - Faircoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
FTC - FeatherCoin
IFC - InfiniteCoin
LTC Litecoin
MAX - MaxCoin
MEC - MegaCoin
MINT - MintCoin
MRC microCoin
NMC - NameCoin
NVC - NovaCoin
NXT - Nxt
PMC - Premine
PPC - Peercoin
PRT - Particle
PTS - ProtoShares
QRK - Quark
UTC - UltraCoin
VTC - VertCoin
XPM Primecoin
YBC - YBCoin

I used my shares to vote for CGB, looking good!!

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:04:32 PM

AUR - AuroraCoin
BC - Blackcoin
BTC Bitcoin
CGB - CryptogenicBullion
DOGE - Dogecoin
DRK - Darkcoin
DVC - DevCoin
FAC - Faircoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
FTC - FeatherCoin
IFC - InfiniteCoin
LTC Litecoin
MAX - MaxCoin
MEC - MegaCoin
MINT - MintCoin
MRC microCoin
NMC - NameCoin
NVC - NovaCoin
NXT - Nxt
PMC - Premine
PPC - Peercoin
PRT - Particle
PTS - ProtoShares
QRK - Quark
UTC - UltraCoin
VTC - VertCoin
XPM Primecoin
YBC - YBCoin

Great news, thanks!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:45:00 PM

wow community here still alive?

yolo
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:50:41 AM

Hey forzendiablo! Haven't blessed us with wisdom in a while, were still kickin' here of course. What happened to your SUNcoin gods on rage sig?  Cool

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:04:05 AM

Hey forzendiablo! Haven't blessed us with wisdom in a while, were still kickin' here of course. What happened to your SUNcoin gods on rage sig?  Cool

from SUN ive moved to new coin - LGD released few days ago!

still hodling some SUN and... waiting. CGB? sold all!
CGA? holding!

yolo
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 02:18:12 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 01:10:48 PM by papersheepdog

CGB Client Software Discussion – Protocol Changes / Security Update

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion

As mentioned in our latest team update we are working to make some adjustments to the security protocols. We have to be careful again to make it clear that we are avoiding any significant changes to the actual inflation (reward) target. In addition to a collision issue caused by the 1 minute PoW block target, we are also looking to implement a more optimal minimum coin age for minting in order to increase network participation and security. We would like to encourage an equal balance of PoW and PoS blocks by increasing the PoW block target to every 2 minutes balanced by doubling the reward, and allowing a minimum coin age of one week for minting a PoS block.

In addition to these two goals we have been presented with a third challenge as a story developed over the last couple days regarding a vulnerability (BitcoinTalk post) in the Proof of Stake/Proof of Work hybrid algorithm employed in a number of crypto-currencies. The vulnerability raises the possibility of a 51% attack (or double-spend attack), a technique which has yet to be successfully demonstrated against any coin. The development communities of the various crypto-currencies have produced a number of solutions and we will be ready to implement an emergency fix tomorrow evening or Saturday morning. We would like to assure the community that while this is being taken seriously, we believe that the threat of a successful attack is remote.

It has now become our top priority to finalize the decision and implement a the fix. Proof of Work/Proof of Stake hybrid coins have proven themselves to be reliable and we are not inclined to abandon it to join a handful of more experimental coins which rely solely on Proof of Stake security. Not only does the hybrid method offer a potential solution to the 51% attack, its also much more energy efficient to secure. The hybrid algorithm is also what allows savers to be rewarded with interest, another distinct advantage. It is for these reasons that Cryptogenic Bullion was created with this technology, and being on this cutting edge requires the agility to turn problem into opportunity. Expect an emergency software update shortly, and our next major release including many anticipated features in 2-3 weeks time.

The CGB Core Team
Update: Some extra testing and adjustment to the client update was necessary. Update is now available on the website. To be announced.

Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:48:16 AM

AUR - AuroraCoin
BC - Blackcoin
BTC Bitcoin
CGB - CryptogenicBullion
DOGE - Dogecoin
DRK - Darkcoin
DVC - DevCoin
FAC - Faircoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
FTC - FeatherCoin
IFC - InfiniteCoin
LTC Litecoin
MAX - MaxCoin
MEC - MegaCoin
MINT - MintCoin
MRC microCoin
NMC - NameCoin
NVC - NovaCoin
NXT - Nxt
PMC - Premine
PPC - Peercoin
PRT - Particle
PTS - ProtoShares
QRK - Quark
UTC - UltraCoin
VTC - VertCoin
XPM Primecoin
YBC - YBCoin

Great news, thanks!

Glad I could contribute something

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: