Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:07:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:18:30 PM

Direct CAD/USD <-> CGB now available on Vault of Satoshi!

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.
Official announcement from Vault of Satoshi.

This is huge news for both the Cryptogenic Bullion Community as well as Vault of Satoshi!

We encourage everyone to consider switching from their current exchange to Vault of Satoshi. Let's get some volume going! Crypto-crypto markets are also available!

Stay tuned for a promotional giveaway to be announced as well as a paper outlining the evolution of the financial services industry to support the new crypto-economy!

menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:38:19 PM

This is huge news for both the Cryptogenic Bullion Community as well as Vault of Satoshi!

We encourage everyone to consider switching from their current exchange to Vault of Satoshi. Let's get some volume going! Crypto-crypto markets are also available!

Stay tuned for a promotional giveaway to be announced as well as a paper outlining the evolution of the financial services industry to support the new crypto-economy!

Yes!!! very good news!! I'm hoping that the total crypto scene will get out of the depressing period it has been in lately.. what are the thoughts of you guys how the crypto scene will develop the coming months?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:11:17 PM

Yes!!! very good news!! I'm hoping that the total crypto scene will get out of the depressing period it has been in lately.. what are the thoughts of you guys how the crypto scene will develop the coming months?

I would guess the whole crypto market will look depressed for some time to come. Many people will give up and abandon their coins as prices fall to very low levels : a mass extinction, as I have been forecasting for a few months... The ones that survive the ice-age will grow and prosper as there will be less competition.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:57:24 PM

In celebration of our first CAD/USD <-> CGB markets, now available on Vault of Satoshi, I am releasing a thought-provoking new paper on the future of crypto-currencies in the legacy financial industry. Enjoy!

Adapting the Legacy Financial Industry to Meet Growing Customer Demand for Crypto-Currencies
papersheepdog

The world is becoming increasingly comfortable with Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies as we have had time to put them to the test, while regulations are helping to create greater certainty. We must look forward to understand the next big steps which will allow us to truly bring this technology to the masses. Gold and Silver are called honest money for a reason, and it's the same reason that you can apply to crypto-currencies; they pay special favor to no one. They can be stored in a safe, or removed and sent across the world in minutes. We are now able to create decentralized trading markets which put buyers in direct contact with sellers. The value of this is understood when looking at the recent “high frequency trading” front-running scandal. Our society is technologically saturated and is ready to start building a more robust and decentralized economy. Technologies like 3-D printing, crypto-currencies and wireless mesh networks are showing us what is possible.

In order to try to uncover some of this potential, we will explore some nuances of the old ways and the new ways of doing business. Today, we trust the central banks to not use their ability to print money in an unfair way, but it's simply human nature to exploit unfair advantage. Decentralized crypto-currencies are strictly controlled by a protocol which does not allow for the arbitrary creation, or printing, of money. When you swipe a credit card, money is created which did not exist beforehand, and you are on the hook for it as debt. This fractional reserve banking is what allows up to 30 debtors to be burdened for every dollar in actual reserve holdings. In the new way, money can only come from a wallet with funds in it, and anyone can accept it with virtually no cost. A simple internet connection is required and the recipient must be able to display their wallet address either on paper or screen.

Like every new technology, it will take the population a long time to truly understand it. The freedom to interact with each other in boundless, and yet fair new ways is what will drive the demand for these cryptographic blockchain technologies. However, freedom always comes with responsibility. Today's financial system totally depends on centralized trust to store and transact our savings. The trade off for convenience of security is that you don't actually control your money (and it doesn't technically exist). Even still in this new crypto-landscape we are trying to find excuses for holding our money in centralized locations like Mt. Gox, an exchange that lost half a billion dollars worth of Bitcoin in what appears to be criminal fraud which could no more be blamed on Bitcoin than on the precious metal if it was Gold that had been stolen.

Equity, capital, foreign exchange, derivative markets, multi-party contracts, even entire companies can be established and controlled using existing decentralized peer-to-peer cryptographic technologies. Currencies are just the proof of concept for these more complex cryptographic trustless accounting and organization systems. We have to expect that this will be an evolution and that those already best suited to meet and profit from demand will do so. It appears that central banking is realizing its conclusion, but this does not mean an end to banks. A re-balancing will occur which returns transparency, accountability, and control away from the concentrations of power, and new relationships will be forged which don't require trust in the banks to verify. The transition period will require institutions which allow capital flow between the debt based fiat currencies and the new crypto-currencies and assets. These same institutions would also be well positioned to offer services to simplify spending, accepting, and saving of crypto-currencies.

One of the services related to spending is market access to legacy financial products, including foreign exchange of central bank issued currencies, as well as to other digital crypto-currencies. The other service to support spending would be mobile apps and online portals which utilize proprietary infrastructure to execute requested actions. These apps would also facilitate the receipt of funds to businesses and individuals while providing security services to increase privacy in a transparent manner. Growing demand is also apparent for services which facilitate storage of savings including physical and information security, secure printing and delivery of private keys at request, customer-verified segregated funds, and advanced crypto-currency functions like claiming interest. These services will combine to provide the masses with the simplicity of banking that they are familiar with, and the benefits that are inherent to crypto-currencies.

As momentum builds and the technology is better understood, we are seeing a progression in the quality and trust-worthiness of services being provided. After enduring the uncertainty of such businesses like Mt. GoX, a company that employed 10 people and got its start in the fantasy card game business, the industry as a whole is finally becoming better capitalized and regulated. The smaller, more agile businesses may soon be losing their edge as larger institutions become more comfortable operating within the guidelines and regulations now being put forth by government. It is a matter of time before unbelievably cheap bank accounts, denominated in crypto-currencies, are offered to customers on a massive scale. This is an opportunity for well-capitalized institutions to prove to their customers that they are determined to remain relevant as these new technologies and services emerge to meet growing demand.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:11:43 PM

Thank you all for your support and keep up the good work and excitement!!

I hope my latest post answers your question Wink. This is where I would like to see more development, in the services which allow the uninitiated to use crypto-currencies in a simple-to-understand manner.

I would guess the whole crypto market will look depressed for some time to come. Many people will give up and abandon their coins as prices fall to very low levels : a mass extinction, as I have been forecasting for a few months... The ones that survive the ice-age will grow and prosper as there will be less competition.

I think you are right. We are seeing a major pullback, no doubt coordinated with the mainstream media to hammer the price down. There is always opportunity for the informed investor to get in on the smart moves and wait for the tide to come back in. I predict it will be a crazy year especially if faith is significantly lost in the debt-based fiat markets.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:17:52 AM

Sneak Preview: CGB Celebration give-away tomorrow hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden!

This is a very exciting time for our community as our first direct CAD & USD markets are launched at the Vault of Satoshi exchange!

Cryptosandwich and Bitcoin Garden are co-hosting a CGB give-away tomorrow and details will be available tomorrow morning (EST)!

We encourage all members of the community to participate by spreading positive messages, retweeting and voting on posts and comments where possible. Please check out our Rally Point over at /r/GotCrypto for opportunities and points of excitement to help spread the word!

Theodor Pohlmann

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:34:33 AM

Hey forzendiablo! Haven't blessed us with wisdom in a while, were still kickin' here of course. What happened to your SUNcoin gods on rage sig?  Cool
ECF

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:26:42 AM

http://www.ecoinfund.com/images/logo.jpg

Website  |  Twitter   |  Bitcointalk

Hi,Cryptogenic Bullion Community

We have added CGB to ECOINFUND.(CGB/BTC,CGB/LTC
Multi-language Alt-Coin Exchange,Fast, Secure and Trustworthy.

Giveaway:
Tweet this green text on your own twitter account and recive 50ECC(ECC Details):
ecoinfund.com |New Exchange,multi-language support,Earn 50ECC(fee shares) by every retweet before 15 April,don't miss the train!
Not re-tweet,but tweet this and post twitter link and your Ecoinfund ID on our bitcointalk thread or pm us.
ECF Coin (ECC for short) is the fee share program launched by Ecoinfund.
Ecoinfund will commit 50% of trade revenue to ECC program. (highest on market)
Giveaway more infomation:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501030.0

Happy trading !
blueface

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:46:36 AM

The reddit GotCrypto tip bot seems to be working well.  I have enabled it for the /r/CryptoGenicbullion subreddit.

More details on the bot http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/1xl1jw/gotcrypto_tip_bot_is_now_in_testing_phase/

In the next couple days if everything still seems to be ok, I will add it to more subreddits.  I'm taking suggestions for applicable subreddits to subscribe.  

That is great news!  Smiley

I am also very happy how voting is coming along on allcrypt, just look how far we have come, united as a community. Everyone keep on going and we are unstoppable!   Cool

+1,Enjoy the ride Cheesy
IceGuru

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

/

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:00:21 AM

while regulations are helping to create greater certainty.

Regulations from government = good Huh

... well this coin is not for me.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

Regulations CAN be good. Of course they can also be terrible.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:42:06 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 12:52:47 PM by papersheepdog

Regulations CAN be good. Of course they can also be terrible.

Often they are terrible. We can't ignore the fact that banks and other large businesses will not touch crypto-currencies without a solid legal framework. Personally I believe that the free market could regulate itself better than any central regulation, however, my opinion is not the point. The point is that it's becoming more appealing to big business partly because of the developing legal foundation. The paper was written to be read and understood by those businesses, and not directed at the average crypto-enthusiast. It's encouragement for them to take the next big steps. Thanks for the replies!

JDS1000

Activity: 414

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:33:46 PM

Cryptogenic Bullion is the CryptoSandwich, COIN of THE DAY!!!  We've got a 1 CGB giveaway for completing some simple social media tasks.  Also, we're strongly encouraging our community to post on this board today...  So it might be a little bit crazy on here today...  I doubt you Cryptogenic Bullion veterans will learn anything, but you might be interested in reading why I pursued CGB for the Coin of the Day.  Coins come to us more often...  Please check it out  on www.cryptosandwich.com
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:44:00 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 03:45:43 PM by papersheepdog

Cryptogenic Bullion is the CryptoSandwich, COIN of THE DAY!!!  We've got a 1 CGB giveaway for completing some simple social media tasks.  Also, we're strongly encouraging our community to post on this board today...  So it might be a little bit crazy on here today...  I doubt you Cryptogenic Bullion veterans will learn anything, but you might be interested in reading why I pursued CGB for the Coin of the Day.  Coins come to us more often...  Please check it out  on www.cryptosandwich.com

CGB Celebration Giveaway co-hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden - Welcome to our community!

Official CryptoSandwich Post

A warm welcome to all who are participating in today's CGB Celebration Giveaway co-hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden!

We are proud to announce that Cryptogenic Bullion can now be traded directly with CAD and USD on the Vault of Satoshi exchange!

In addition to participating in the giveaway, we encourage you to also consider checking out the following:

Check out our Website

Enjoy!

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:02:27 PM

Cryptogenic Bullion is the CryptoSandwich, COIN of THE DAY!!!  We've got a 1 CGB giveaway for completing some simple social media tasks.  Also, we're strongly encouraging our community to post on this board today...  So it might be a little bit crazy on here today...  I doubt you Cryptogenic Bullion veterans will learn anything, but you might be interested in reading why I pursued CGB for the Coin of the Day.  Coins come to us more often...  Please check it out  on www.cryptosandwich.com

CGB Celebration Giveaway co-hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden - Welcome to our community!

A warm welcome to all who are participating in today's CGB Celebration Giveaway co-hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden!

We are proud to announce that Cryptogenic Bullion can now be traded directly with CAD and USD on the Vault of Satoshi exchange!

In addition to participating in the giveaway, we encourage you to also consider checking out the following:

Check out our Website

This post will be updated momentarily.

OP updated!
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Thank them for giveaway!!

Smiley
krazyx

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:29:02 PM

Thanks a lot for the giveaway  Smiley
swivel1983@gmail.com

Activity: 645
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:32:40 PM

thanks for the giveaway on Cryptosandwich and Bitcoingarden
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:34:48 PM

Thanks for the great giveaway!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
batko

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

excelent giveaway thank you man!

Donation: ETH: 0x0c8ce94dd3d1bfd09c0f887559c61d1b551e4b4d
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: