Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:09:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:50:03 AM

Yesterday was the first time that I earned interest which I thought was pretty cool.
Something that is not so cool is that my entire balance is now under stake and my balance is 0 ?

How do I get my CGBs back to balance so I can use them if needed ? Will that happen by itself ?

yes just leave the wallet open for the first few confirmations to ensure it gets on blockchain, you can mousehover over the transaction and it will show how many confirmations are left until they are returned.  I open my CGB wallet once a month/when i remember Cheesy to stake.

Thanks !

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:10:00 AM

8th and final piece in the Private Key Contest has been announced on Twitter! Get assembling! Good luck!

elambert, USA
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:49:08 PM

Don't miss the boat guys...

And many thanks for all that made efforts contributing and with that adding value to our CGB's. We got a long and pleasant road ahead of that I'm very confident.  Wink
snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:10:45 PM

Don't miss the boat guys...

And many thanks for all that made efforts contributing and with that adding value to our CGB's. We got a long and pleasant road ahead of that I'm very confident.  Wink

+1

up 44% today according to coinmarketcap.com

I think we have seen the worst of it already Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:07:05 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 01:02:14 PM by IMZ

Think on this,  snatchmonkey (it is in my article 'mark blair market oracle bitcoin whales'),

we may yet take some solid blows -- government regulatory hostility, exchange collapses -- but the 'base of the pyramid' is far far broader than it was during the spike last year.

The on-da-street feel HAS CHANGED ENTIRELY!!

Guys, yes, me a noobie to cgb -- but 14 months 7 days a week in cryptos. I s#*t you not, ABSOLUTELY THIS SECOND IS THE TIME FOR EVERY CGB-ER IN THE WORLD TO PUT THEIR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL. Check the bitcointalk necronomicon. Coins are dying like flies.

Theorists looking back in twenty years will say this:

'2013 was the year it really all began. Then the Chinese Government Attack set it back a good deal. But look at the data, students, by mid-2014 there existed the combination of the overcoming of The China Thing and a fabulously rapid increase in adoption. It was at this point that The Big Divergence in the alt coins became clearly evident. The dross coins went to the wall. The sound coins found their feet.'

Every percent in market cap that this community gains in just the next ten weeks -- okay, five months  -- will quintuple over CGB's life span.
Mark, Australia
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:40:31 AM

Congrats to thokon00, winner of the Private Key Contest! We will be announcing the 3rd contest soon, stay tuned! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633928.msg7248101#msg7248101

elambert, USA
menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:06:37 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to get a new article (current position cgb is in and it's 1 years anniversary) on yahoo finance or an similar place. I think this would give cgb a lot of positive attention just like in nov/dec last year...

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to get a new article (current position cgb is in and it's 1 years anniversary) on yahoo finance or an similar place. I think this would give cgb a lot of positive attention just like in nov/dec last year...

+1

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

I'm not sure just how positive that article would be.

"Since we last wrote about CGB it lost about 80% of it's value."

How positive does that sound ? And it's the truth too since in dec CGB hat a crazy high.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:43:26 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:36:49 AM by IMZ

"Tell me, readers, how would you convince an investor to buy a 'stock' that was down 80%? Easy: you would cogently explain that that stock is undervalued.

Okay -- is CryptoGenic Bullion presently much undervalued?

Yes. Here's why:

cryptographic currencies remain emergent. The first significant price rises were sharply reversed, late last year, by the hostile regulatory environment put (suddenly) into place by the Chinese Government.

Now here I add a detail that is easily confirmed by a modicum of research: all coins except Bitcoin tend to (a) drop further than Bitcoin does when Bitcoin drops, and (b) rise, in the mid-term, more than Bitcoin does when Bitcoin rises. Those in the crypto sphere readily comprehend the reason for this:

Bitcoin has enormous potential, but the 'altcoins' -- such as CGB -- have even more.

That potential is being realised by the day at this point, 'post-China-Attack.' Again, analysis of the data will show this: across the spectrum, the quality altcoins are beginning to pick up value, and will continue to.

So, is Crypto-Genic Bullion down 80% because it's rubbish? on its way to the grave?

Here's a challenge, reader:

drop into the community -- Bitcointalk CGB the Investors' crypto -- and you'll find the answer.

Not a bit of it!! The coin is thriving."

Mark Blair, Unicup, Western Australia
menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:49:00 PM

"Tell me, readers, how would you convince an investor to buy a 'stock' that was down 80%? Easy: you would cogently explain that that stock is undervalued.

Okay -- is CryptoGenic Bullion presently much undervalued?

Yes. Here's why:

cryptogenic currencies remain emergent. The first significant price rises were sharply reversed, late last year, by the hostile regulatory environment put (suddenly) into place by the Chinese Government.

Now here I add a detail that is easily confirmed by a modicum of research: all coins except Bitcoin tend to (a) drop further than Bitcoin does when Bitcoin drops, and (b) rise, in the mid-term, more than Bitcoin does when Bitcoin rises. Those in the crypto sphere readily comprehend the reason for this:

Bitcoin has enormous potential, but the 'altcoins' -- such as CGB -- have even more.

That potential is being realised by the day at this point, 'post-China-Attack.' Again, analysis of the data will show this: across the spectrum, the quality altcoins are beginning to pick up value, and will continue to.

So, is Crypto-Genic Bullion down 80% because it's rubbish? on its way to the grave?

Here's a challenge, reader:

drop into the community -- Bitcointalk CGB the Investors' crypto -- and you'll find the answer.

Not a bit of it!! The coin is thriving."

Well said Mark!
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:35:29 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 01:06:58 AM by IMZ

Guys, we really really really hope you can help us work out the 'clearing house' that the crypto mall will have. It is a whirl of ideas that need to be made real and elegantly integrated.

Here's The Central Idea: imagine something like the Arrivals and Departures Board at an airport. What's listed is the amount of a minor currency that can be converted to fiat dollars (which merchants need) at that moment. Therefore, a customer in the mall who wants to book a $100 hotel room can, at that second, (apart from using BTC and LTC, which can be exchanged in large quantities in real time) pay in CGB, NXT, or Doge -- but not PPcoin.

CGB: $125

PPcoin:$10

NXT:$2300

Doge: $590

A core principle 'behind the Board' is that traders and others -- from IndiaMikeZulu and 'consultancies' like CGB -- will be trading cryptos all the while; and that some of the cryptos and bullion and fiat passing through the clearing-house will be being 'sold into' and ' bought out of' the clearing-house while business in the cryptomall goes on on a daily basis. The cryptomall will be 'front of house.' We will be 'back of house.'

One aspect will be that CGB-ers and others will act to 'hold up one side of the scales' by having 'standing buy orders' in place. Ten CGB-ers committed to the extent of $1000 each (in fiat and a range of cryptos -- and we gotta solve the trust problems inherent here) can create a market in which CGB is well on its way to no longer being a minor currency: if you can use a currency as a currency, it's a currency.

It's a multi-million-dollar idea, guys -- wanna make it a reality??

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:06:02 AM

?

June 27

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-falls-600-us-government-30000-btc-selloff/

Mark, Australia
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:58:19 AM

Obviously they plan to take all the cash proceeds from the Bitcoin auction and invest into CGB on its 1st birthday  Smiley

elambert, USA
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:36:46 AM

Hello CGB community!

Finite By Design LLC has a limited batch of 50 CGB Proofs, each minted of 1 troy ounce of .999 fine silver. Each proof comes with:
  • Associated address and private key hidden behind a hologram on the reverse side
  • Protective plastic capsule enclosing the proof itself
  • Custom stamped leatherette presentation case
  • Custom stamped paper sleeve for the leatherette
  • Certificate of Authenticity identifying each proof as one of the limited batch of 50

We are running a $100 per proof June special which is applicable to each of our 7 lines of proofs.
  • '1/10th Bitcoin'
  • '1 Litecoin'
  • '10 Namecoins'
  • '10 Peercoins'
  • '10 Peercoins' with 24K gold highlights
  • '11 Primecoins'
  • '10 Cryptogenic Bullion' Bars

Also on June 19th our 2 lines of DOGE coins (100 made out of nickel and 100 made out of copper) will be arriving! Each DOGE proof comes with an unattached hologram so the customer can add their own private key and fund the piece should they so desire. Pricing is $30 for singles or $250 for 10.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:19:01 AM

[I am embarassed that I can't afford a silver coin.]

I just wanna check if I understand correctly:

One: Planet Marketcap is fixated on volume.

Two: CGB is unique in not being oriented to volume.

Three: when we are truly established, it won't matter.

Four: meanwhile though, while we are honestly developing the coin commercially, it's entirely practical for CGB-ers to trade CGB pretty much as hard as they like.

Five: we should be/are 'tightening up' our trading, congregating the volume on a couple of good exchanges (Mintpal!!).

Six: CGB's nature indicates the optimal development strategy: as a complementary coin that is not in competition with others (at least far far less than is usual). It is particularly suited to business people -- outside the crypto sphere -- simply because it is (will be) 'low maintenance.'

Seven: (this is what I want to get clear): CGB's place in our cryptomall is not 'front and centre' as a transactional crypto -- but it might serve mightily well for large, less frequent purchases, such as bullion. It could be promoted to merchants as itself, the complementary coin.

It might also serve powerfully as a 'signifier' of knowledge of cryptos, and of contacts within the crypto sphere -- the 'consultancy thing.'

Is this about right?

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: the coin you're having when you're having other coins

papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:07:33 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 09:15:36 PM by papersheepdog

[I am embarassed that I can't afford a silver coin.]

I just wanna check if I understand correctly:

One: Planet Marketcap is fixated on volume.

Two: CGB is unique in not being oriented to volume.

Three: when we are truly established, it won't matter.

Four: meanwhile though, while we are honestly developing the coin commercially, it's entirely practical for CGB-ers to trade CGB pretty much as hard as they like.

Five: we should be/are 'tightening up' our trading, congregating the volume on a couple of good exchanges (Mintpal!!).

Six: CGB's nature indicates the optimal development strategy: as a complementary coin that is not in competition with others (at least far far less than is usual). It is particularly suited to business people -- outside the crypto sphere -- simply because it is (will be) 'low maintenance.'

Seven: (this is what I want to get clear): CGB's place in our cryptomall is not 'front and centre' as a transactional crypto -- but it might serve mightily well for large, less frequent purchases, such as bullion. It could be promoted to merchants as itself, the complementary coin.

It might also serve powerfully as a 'signifier' of knowledge of cryptos, and of contacts within the crypto sphere -- the 'consultancy thing.'

Is this about right?

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: the coin you're having when you're having other coins

Edit: a note on volume. It comes with utility as CGB finds its way toward wide spread use. I see it as more of a byproduct. The flow will be comprised of both end users, and investors looking to satisfy demand (providing liquidity). This will be important for a more stable price action as large orders come and go through exchanges. (note a slight distinction between realized volume and market support from available orders) Essentially, when it's needed, it will be there (investors/traders satisfy demand). I like to look to gold when exploring the dynamics of CGB. At one point, even gold was not widely valued, and therefore the volume being exchanged can be expected to be lower. This didn't change the eventual outcome (gold is a *highly* liquid (volume) asset).

Agreed.
5. I'd like to see a push to something like Mintpal, it seems to attract a lot of activity, but then again, it seems to really be busy for new launches and pump/exticement. I would love to see a contender to match Cryptsy for CGB trading volume if for no other reason than for resiliency.
6. Low maintenance is one good reason rooted in the fact of it's current and unchanging low inflation.
7. I see it that way as well. While merchants might not be seeing a lot of customers paying in CGB, it would make sense for them to use it behind the scenes to both store their wealth, and make their larger "cost of business" purchases.

I'd like to clarify that the group (likely of participating businesses) who organizes such a CryptoMall or CryptoTown can support or recommend whichever currencies they like, but I feel it is important that the official guidelines that we are creating for anyone else to make their own has a "secular" stance in that it should not specify one coin or the other but to explain the types and uses (of which CGB will be almost in a class of its own). In the interest of working with natural market forces, individual businesses will ultimately be the deciding factor in which cryptos they will accept, even if they are a member of a network that "officially" endorses others.

The consultancy culture is a real breakthrough.

I have been away for a few days, and should have a community update posted later today!

papersheepdog, Canada

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:45:55 AM

Morning, PSD!

I shall read and re-read these notes. I really want to get the 'balance' right. Meanwhile, it's beginning to look as though the cryptomall will be huge!!

And you'll be delighted with the 'coin-neutrality' policy of the mall(s): we have cleared the fairground; anyone who wants to can pitch a tent -- which fits beautifully with the consultancy notion: the more successful Every Coin is, the more likely CGB is to become their Vault Coin.

Mark, Australia
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:45:33 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:13:37 PM by papersheepdog

CGB Core Team Weekly Update - June 16, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

As we work to align CGB and our community efforts to the reality of the situation in the cryptosphere, our purpose has becomes more clear. We are hopefully approaching the end of the current loss of interest and capital in the overall crypto markets which has thrown aside so many coins which were not fundamentally sound enough to survive. If we are indeed approaching the next big leg up or not is a question that has no bearing on our direction. We are taking the bull by the horns and doing something that, to my knowledge, no other cryptocoin community has done. We see it all the time where advocates of one coin or another are baffled by how undervalued their coin is. They try to convince each other about how much better one or the other is and that capital should be placed here or there. There is a fixation on the price, which leads nowhere, and only makes a coin look less secure.

What are we doing differently? We are building value (which precedes price) by directly tackling the problems which prevent that next big leg up from happening. We have discerned the next logical steps not only for CGB but for Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, etc. It cannot be logically argued that "on the ground" adoption is not the next step that the cryptosphere should be putting its efforts into. We see a chicken and egg puzzle which requires capital to fund projects to push for cryptocurrency adoption, and yet the adoption is what will drive the next capitalization phase! This is to be solved by jump starting the process by bringing together the necessary intellectual capital to create a grassroots system which businesses and communities can use to deploy cryptocurrencies at little or no cost! We are creating a framework that anyone can use to give their coin "real world value" by facilitating adoption in a decentralized manner.

How does CGB benefit? The biggest hurdle CGB has faced is education. With a complete system in place which clarifies the need for a "suite of coins" to facilitate a strong cryptoeconomy, the value of coins like CGB will naturally be extolled. We are not going to stand by and wait for a better world to come along which understands the hows and whys of cryptocurrency for CGB to thrive in. We will create it. The natural evolution of cryptocurrencies is what will drive the demand for and appreciation of CGB among others. In this endeavor we will leverage the reputation and image of CGB to lead the greater community forward in the spirit of collaboration, casting aside the petty differences that keep us all down. CGB will soon be known as a coin with a community of consultants, who value highly any opportunity to develop answers to questions that have not yet been asked. This is the consultancy culture. This is what will attract further thinkers who wish to find logical discourse to explore their own vision.

Some latest updates to share with the community are regarding our search for developers, and our push for media attention. Artiface, our lead developer, is still in the middle of work and personal related time crunch which is as unexpected as it is unfortunate for us. He has conveyed hope that he will be able to come back to full potential within the next month or two. In the mean time we hope to leverage our publicity not only with CGB's birthday, but some real media connections that we are currently fostering, to expand our search. We expect that with our continued momentum building, we should be able to find more developer support within the greater community. We hope to be able to get some more widespread recognition of our ideas and progress in the coming weeks as these efforts come to fruition. We urge our community to put their own thinking caps on and make some comments especially in our development workshop threads.

The CGB Core Team

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:03:56 AM

Perhaps we can best support Artiface by assuring him that we can use well the time until he is truly ready to return: 'lead-dev burnout' is setting in about the place. The present wallet will do for the present -- it must.

Woo hoo!!! Wanna climb to a New Plane, campers??? Start compiling a Directory!!

" Stainless-Steel Mosquito-Coil Holders
Crochead Pty Ltd
http://crochead.myshopify.com/
255 Aumuller St., Westcourt (Cairns)
04 01532237
[status verified]

Turf:
Lush Turf Solutions
http://www.lushturfsolutions.com.au/
9/1440 New Cleveland Road, Capalaba West, Brisbane
+61 7 3390 2551 with 0 or not???
[Status unverified]

Underwear:
# UndieGuys
http://www.undieguys.com.au
addresss???
phone???
[Status unverified]"

You could even build a local or a state one -- whatever: wow!!! what a way to get in touch with the crypto folk who are our consultancy's customers.

PSD: 'the next big leg up'? Expedia? Google and Yahoo stock tickers? a trial at the Holiday Inn? the end of The China Thing well in sight?

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: