Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:30:18 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 08:40:27 PM by Killiz

+10

I love this, haha!

Great news and it's wonderful to see the positive image presented for CGB!
Going to read the article later, so I hope that I have not spoken too early  Wink

You'll need to sit down with your coffee to get through it, but its a foundational document for both CGB and CryptoTown.

Some other good news:

www.CryptoTown.org Website Launched!

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.
July issue of CryptoBiz Magazine is out and guess who is on the cover!!! http://issuu.com/cryptobizmag/docs/crypto-biz-magazine-issue.02-final0/0

Awesome. Is this part of the marketing campaign that was announced and could you give some hints of what's in store?
Thanks!

Yes, this is the start of the announced marketing campaign. We will elaborate more on whats in store soon. Stay tuned!

Also, here is a pic of the magazine cover!

Good work guy's, nice one. Will send a few CGB to the foundation when I get to my pc.

Been looking into physical bullion, with the possibilities of getting something set up where you can exchange your physical bullion for CB,  and vice versa. Without actually needing to send or receive any physical bullion in the process....unless you really have to hold it in your hand.

Take a look at this site for example www.bullionvault.com

Sooner or later sites like this will be accepting crypto to trade for physical bullion on a massive scale. (If they are not already??) With our name, and resilience,  we stand a chance if we get in early to corner some of this inevitably huge market.

What u think?

Brief explanation about buying physical bullion, and where I got the link http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/advice/advice-18.html

papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 09:03:05 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 09:34:30 PM by papersheepdog

Good work guy's, nice one. Will send a few CGB to the foundation when I get to my pc.

Been looking into physical bullion, with the possibilities of getting something set up where you can exchange your physical bullion for CB,  and vice versa. Without actually needing to send or receive any physical bullion in the process....unless you really have to hold it in your hand.

Sooner or later sites like this will be accepting crypto to trade for physical bullion on a massive scale. (If they are not already??) With our name, and resilience,  we stand a chance if we get in early to corner some of this inevitably huge market.

What u think?

Brief explanation about buying physical bullion, and where I got the link http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/advice/advice-18.html

Hey Killiz! I am all for trading CGB and physical bullion. I love stackin' both. A few things to note:

• It has to include delivery and physical acquisition by the customer. We cannot endorse a centralized store of value which can report having more metal than it does.
  • As part of a service that a CryptoMall can provide, this could work quite well. In person trust and usage of safety deposit boxes for example may work well on this smaller scale.
  • Remember, we are thinking decentralized *everything* here as much as possible. Trust of people is for profit motivated schemes, we trust in the physics of cryptography here Smiley

Killiz

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:42:07 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 10:03:48 PM by Killiz

What u think?

Hey Killiz! I am all for trading CGB and physical bullion. A few things to note:

• It has to include delivery and physical acquisition by the customer. We cannot endorse a centralized store of value which can report having more metal than it does.
  • As part of a service that a CryptoMall can provide, this could work quite well. In person trust and usage of safety deposit boxes for example may work well on this smaller scale.
  • Remember, we are thinking decentralized *everything* here as much as possible. Trust of people is for profit motivated schemes, we trust in the physics of cryptography here Smiley
[/quote]

Hey PSD.

Yes I see your reasoning about actually delivering, receiving and 'holding' physical bullion, it makes sense. Although for everyday folk and physical bullion traders, this is not such an issue.

If cryptos were to become mainstream, as it is quite obvious now that it may well be. Every day folk won't give a toss about decentralisation and being separated from the state and so on and so on.......

I haven't seen much enthusiasm toward the goal of associating CGB with the 'on the ground' project. Although this is a concept that I agree with, I see no value in directly associating CB with it primarily, but if you
must personally persue, and take CGB along with it, then so be it.

Cryptos are about to hit mainstream, big time! If we don't adapt to the majority way of thinking and not some sort of rebel libitarian way of responding to current situations then we are going to remain a libitarian outspoken minority.
 We have to act like sheep, and follow the sheep before us. If we see one turn in a certain direction and the rest follow, then we must catch up and be that forerunner sheep.

We need some development occurring. Publicity is fantastic, but we need some meat and bones to sink our teeth into, not some libitarian dream that some folk have splashed across our faces.

Killiz UK England

Longtime CGB  Investor, supporter, holder, believer and follower.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:16:58 PM

Hey guys! Found a bitcoin meet up group here in Orlando! They meet once a month. I will join in on next meet on the 17th and spread the word of CGB and CryptoTown! Check out meetup.com in your local areas, you may already have a community of advocates assembled Smiley
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:44:37 PM

I don't see why people should not use any crypto to buy physical bullions and let it be stored somewhere else, that's their choice. Basically it's the same as using an online wallet service or storing coins on an exchange, not that I would recommend it but many do so. CGB fits the trade as soon as the price is more appreciated. If a company wants to buy a large load with CGB but needs to buy 25% of all existing CGB's for it... that's not realistic but when marketcap is beyond US$25 mil then he only has to buy 0.25% of all existing CGB's and that could happen more easy  Shocked

Fractional-reserve banking is not a good idea though if that's what you meant.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:51:32 PM

I don't see why people should not use any crypto to buy physical bullions and let it be stored somewhere else, that's their choice. Basically it's the same as using an online wallet service or storing coins on an exchange, not that I would recommend it but many do so. CGB fits the trade as soon as the price is more appreciated. If a company wants to buy a large load with CGB but needs to buy 25% of all existing CGB's for it... that's not realistic but when marketcap is beyond US$25 mil then he only has to buy 0.25% of all existing CGB's and that could happen more easy  Shocked

That sort of service would only have a real impact if it was offering some advantage over other methods of acquiring bullion e.g. Specially Trusted storage of phyz PM, anonymous end-to-end transactions etc..
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:07:15 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 04:17:48 AM by papersheepdog

What u think?

Hey Killiz! I am all for trading CGB and physical bullion. A few things to note:

Hey PSD.

Yes I see your reasoning about actually delivering, receiving and 'holding' physical bullion, it makes sense. Although for everyday folk and physical bullion traders, this is not such an issue.

If cryptos were to become mainstream, as it is quite obvious now that it may well be. Every day folk won't give a toss about decentralisation and being separated from the state and so on and so on.......

I haven't seen much enthusiasm toward the goal of associating CGB with the 'on the ground' project. Although this is a concept that I agree with, I see no value in directly associating CB with it primarily, but if you

Cryptos are about to hit mainstream, big time! If we don't adapt to the majority way of thinking and not some sort of rebel libitarian way of responding to current situations then we are going to remain a libitarian outspoken minority.
 We have to act like sheep, and follow the sheep before us. If we see one turn in a certain direction and the rest follow, then we must catch up and be that forerunner sheep.

We need some development occurring. Publicity is fantastic, but we need some meat and bones to sink our teeth into, not some libitarian dream that some folk have splashed across our faces.

Killiz UK England

Longtime CGB  Investor, supporter, holder, believer and follower.

Wow this has been an awesome series of posts just now guys Cheesy

The problem we are encountering might be that I have not had a chance to fully develop the ideas onto paper, though much has already been said in the development workshops.

Let me try to break down the role of CryptoTown and its relationship with CGB, perhaps it will make a bit more sense.

• CryptoTown is a project to develop a suite of resources and tools for spreading the adoption of cryptocurrencies.
  • The project is small right now and needs help to build up the resource library and official guide.
  • No one is in charge, in that, if a cryptocoin community wishes to participate, there is no structure in place to limit that.
  • Coin Neutral. Limited to nonbiased, objective information and resources from respective communities.
  • CryptoMalls are independent. This decentralized structure has implications reminiscent of cryptocurrency use itself.

CGB's interest in the CryptoTown project:
  • Connect with CryptoMall volunteers to develop/program real world CGB application. eg. businesses testing CGB Wallet software and reporting on business integration issues.
  • Encourage businesses to accept CGB based on the array of resources available to them which supports CGB. eg. a paper wallet tutorial for CGB developed by CGB community and made known to the CryptoTown project. Makes it easier for businesses to learn how to store CGB.
  • We are a smaller, but more dynamic community. It's projects like this which help to show that we have a larger, better thought out view, without the narrow profit focus.
  • No commitment is required. The Cryptotown Project will develop over time with help from a diverse range of crypto enthusiasts. As it matures it will only become more useful to cryptocurrency adoption. No single coin community will be responsible for this progression.

So what has changed? We are simply focusing our efforts on adoption of cryptocurrencies, in order to make the environment in which CGB can thrive, come to be. It's tough to think of a more potent goal. Progress has been made so rapidly that there is little time for anyone yet to understand (aside from those working on it) what CryptoTown really is, let alone document it. I hope this post clears up how this is a huge opportunity for CGB.

This post on the /r/CryptoTown sub might also help

What qualifies a coin community to be considered as backing CryptoTown, is the level of commitment from both dev team and community. As this is a coin neutral project, we intend to list many as possible and gather data sheets in a standard manner for ease of comparison.

So far the CGB Core Team and community have provided material development and discussion to this project. CGB backs CryptoTown. Any community which backs CryptoTown will have a link to their coin placed on the /r/CryptoTown sidebar (and on the website once it's launched). This should help even a small coin which can eloquently convey their coins fundamental advantages. We have reached out to the Doge community with positive results, and will be engaging other communities shortly.

Software developers are in most urgent need. Part of getting crypto out there is going to be creating simple sofware for business to print out invoices or receipts, with qr code for payment details to customer. This is just one among so many ideas which will require programming skills. We intend to use real world CryptoMall deployments and Business client experience as the test ground to adapt the software tools as needed.

Documentation and editing are very welcome for any areas or material which could use it.

Promotional material is also in demand, any kind of media. I have created most of the work so far, but I am not that great with photoshop. A link in support to the CryptoTown subRedit on official coin websites or subReddits would go a long way. A short analysis of why your favorite coin deserves attention would go a long way.

When thinking about promoting your coin by supporting CryptoTown, remember that its ultimately up to the public as to the awareness and use of each coin. Simply agreeing to accept a coin will not guarantee use of that coin. Also keep in mind that businesses, ultimately, have the final say in which cryptocurrencies they wish to accept. The best thing you can do for your coin is to assemble all possible stats, pros and cons, etc, and a good case will stand on its own merits.

Most importantly: we need pioneers, like Mark Blair in Australia, who are bringing experience to the methods described in the Official Guide. We are trying our best to make the guide as practical as possible, but in the early stages, it will still require quite a bit of ingenuity. If you wish to start your own CryptoMall, please don't hesitate to speak with Mark, or myself (papersheepdog) about answering your questions as part of a development workshop.

Also these comments I don't really understant:
If cryptos were to become mainstream, as it is quite obvious now that it may well be. Every day folk won't give a toss about decentralisation and being separated from the state and so on and so on......
How will it become mainstream? Through adoption (CryptoTown). Every day folk know what inflation is when they see it. They might start to wonder if this centralized printing press is so hot after all. This is all just natural progression.
We're talking absolute laser focused development. Forget what the latest altcoin has, lets make things happen outside of the internet. The libertatian thing you may have picked up from Mark, he likes to mention it sometimes Smiley. I, on the other hand, simply do my best to frame this stuff as close to reality as I can. If it looks libertarian, so be it. It's simply sustainability in my eyes.

That sort of service would only have a real impact if it was offering some advantage over other methods of acquiring bullion e.g. Specially Trusted storage of phyz PM, anonymous end-to-end transactions etc..

Excellent point Majormax, and the root of this particular discussion is this: Bullion dealers are just businesses. Let's get them into the fold utilizing aspects of the CryptoTown project. Let's say the CGB community starts a global CryptoMall for precious metals dealers who accept crypto. This is powerful stuff.

Keep the ideas and questions flowing! Smiley

papersheepdog, Canada

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:51:34 AM

Me got peephole (gumtrees sighing quietly around) Been on phone to Telstra for fifteen days.

IMZ put a 10 oz bar of silver bullion for sale in Yacoin at an Aus. Dollar rate about eleven months ago. That is, the importance of bullion for crypto has been a part of our game plan since day one.

In two months mark and ian go to see a reputable bullion dealer, to set up a Proto Programme. (We are down guys, but not out.)
I have an article on buying bullion, which I have researched.
Bottom line? Premium and insurance in the post.

And I will brt a bottle of stout that IMZ has a protoproto store front merchant accepting CGB for stuff. If you wanna be involved see if you can post on 'cherry valley farm' facebook page. I sure could use some support.
PSD will recall that we sold jam and chutney for litecoin in denmark last year. Well its them (and telstra has also stuffed up her Net connection!)
Gonna put up a hundred bucks of pension pennies as 'pre exchange.'
AND . . . me gonna sell a ten ounce bar of silver FOR CGB within ten days.

Mark, Western Australia
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:58:24 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 08:32:06 AM by BTCat

CGB has been deactivated on Bittrex. They haven't put out any news but it will probably be delisted because of low volume. (Volume just started to pickup this week with a lot more open orders and about 2500 CGB sales)
To be sure I would advice everyone to withdraw their CGB's, I did so myself already. If you want my opinion on the way Bittrex is handling these situations:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.msg7684769#msg7684769

edit: So it's on the first page: Removals for July 4th: CryptogenicBullion: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CGB

Get your coins out!
Killiz

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:08:38 AM

Been looking into physical bullion, with the possibilities of getting something set up where you can exchange your physical bullion for CB,  and vice versa. Without actually needing to send or receive any physical bullion in the process....unless you really have to hold it in your hand.

Sooner or later sites like this will be accepting crypto to trade for physical bullion on a massive scale. (If they are not already??) With our name, and resilience,  we stand a chance if we get in early to corner some of this inevitably huge market.

What u think?

Hey PSD.

Killiz UK England

Longtime CGB  Investor, supporter, holder, believer and follower.

Wow this has been an awesome series of posts just now guys Cheesy

The problem we are encountering might be that I have not had a chance to fully develop the ideas onto paper, though much has already been said in the development workshops.

Let me try to break down the role of CryptoTown and its relationship with CGB, perhaps it will make a bit more sense.

• CryptoTown is a project to develop a suite of resources and tools for spreading the adoption of cryptocurrencies.
  • The project is small right now and needs help to build up the resource library and official guide.
  • No one is in charge, in that, if a cryptocoin community wishes to participate, there is no structure in place to limit that.
  • Coin Neutral. Limited to nonbiased, objective information and resources from respective communities.
  • CryptoMalls are independent. This decentralized structure has implications reminiscent of cryptocurrency use itself.

CGB's interest in the CryptoTown project:
  • Connect with CryptoMall volunteers to develop/program real world CGB application. eg. businesses testing CGB Wallet software and reporting on business integration issues.
  • Encourage businesses to accept CGB based on the array of resources available to them which supports CGB. eg. a paper wallet tutorial for CGB developed by CGB community and made known to the CryptoTown project. Makes it easier for businesses to learn how to store CGB.
  • We are a smaller, but more dynamic community. It's projects like this which help to show that we have a larger, better thought out view, without the narrow profit focus.
  • No commitment is required. The Cryptotown Project will develop over time with help from a diverse range of crypto enthusiasts. As it matures it will only become more useful to cryptocurrency adoption. No single coin community will be responsible for this progression.

So what has changed? We are simply focusing our efforts on adoption of cryptocurrencies, in order to make the environment in which CGB can thrive, come to be. It's tough to think of a more potent goal. Progress has been made so rapidly that there is little time for anyone yet to understand (aside from those working on it) what CryptoTown really is, let alone document it. I hope this post clears up how this is a huge opportunity for CGB.

This post on the /r/CryptoTown sub might also help

What qualifies a coin community to be considered as backing CryptoTown, is the level of commitment from both dev team and community. As this is a coin neutral project, we intend to list many as possible and gather data sheets in a standard manner for ease of comparison.

So far the CGB Core Team and community have provided material development and discussion to this project. CGB backs CryptoTown. Any community which backs CryptoTown will have a link to their coin placed on the /r/CryptoTown sidebar (and on the website once it's launched). This should help even a small coin which can eloquently convey their coins fundamental advantages. We have reached out to the Doge community with positive results, and will be engaging other communities shortly.

Software developers are in most urgent need. Part of getting crypto out there is going to be creating simple sofware for business to print out invoices or receipts, with qr code for payment details to customer. This is just one among so many ideas which will require programming skills. We intend to use real world CryptoMall deployments and Business client experience as the test ground to adapt the software tools as needed.

Documentation and editing are very welcome for any areas or material which could use it.

Promotional material is also in demand, any kind of media. I have created most of the work so far, but I am not that great with photoshop. A link in support to the CryptoTown subRedit on official coin websites or subReddits would go a long way. A short analysis of why your favorite coin deserves attention would go a long way.

When thinking about promoting your coin by supporting CryptoTown, remember that its ultimately up to the public as to the awareness and use of each coin. Simply agreeing to accept a coin will not guarantee use of that coin. Also keep in mind that businesses, ultimately, have the final say in which cryptocurrencies they wish to accept. The best thing you can do for your coin is to assemble all possible stats, pros and cons, etc, and a good case will stand on its own merits.

Most importantly: we need pioneers, like Mark Blair in Australia, who are bringing experience to the methods described in the Official Guide. We are trying our best to make the guide as practical as possible, but in the early stages, it will still require quite a bit of ingenuity. If you wish to start your own CryptoMall, please don't hesitate to speak with Mark, or myself (papersheepdog) about answering your questions as part of a development workshop.

Also these comments I don't really understant:
If cryptos were to become mainstream, as it is quite obvious now that it may well be. Every day folk won't give a toss about decentralisation and being separated from the state and so on and so on......
How will it become mainstream? Through adoption (CryptoTown). Every day folk know what inflation is when they see it. They might start to wonder if this centralized printing press is so hot after all. This is all just natural progression.
We're talking absolute laser focused development. Forget what the latest altcoin has, lets make things happen outside of the internet. The libertatian thing you may have picked up from Mark, he likes to mention it sometimes Smiley. I, on the other hand, simply do my best to frame this stuff as close to reality as I can. If it looks libertarian, so be it. It's simply sustainability in my eyes.

I don't see why people should not use any crypto to buy physical bullions and let it be stored somewhere else, that's their choice. Basically it's the same as using an online wallet service or storing coins on an exchange, not that I would recommend it but many do so. CGB fits the trade as soon as the price is more appreciated. If a company wants to buy a large load with CGB but needs to buy 25% of all existing CGB's for it... that's not realistic but when marketcap is beyond US$25 mil then he only has to buy 0.25% of all existing CGB's and that could happen more easy  Shocked

Excellent point Majormax, and the root of this particular discussion is this: Bullion dealers are just businesses. Let's get them into the fold utilizing aspects of the CryptoTown project. Let's say the CGB community starts a global CryptoMall for precious metals dealers who accept crypto. This is powerful stuff.

Keep the ideas and questions flowing! Smiley

papersheepdog, Canada

When first reading about Cryptotown I imagined a town in the middle of nowhere with a totally self sufficient crypto-economy. I realise now this is not the goal of the project, but instead aims to educate and introduce people and businesses into cryptocurrencies.

www.Yell.com is an example of a Directory for quickly finding businesses and services in your local area. www.Coinmap.org can be used to view the location of places where bitcoin is accepted in your local area and around the world.

This information from coinmap can be used to start to build a directory like Yell for cryptocurrencies. Starting with bitcoin.

When I get a couple hours spare I will list the businesses in the UK accepting bitcoin. Currently a little over 200 on coinmap.

If a directory like this could be made then it can be used to introduce businesses into cryptocurrencies, with a listing on the site and guidance on doing it.

KyLins

Activity: 438

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 11:27:02 AM

CGB very exciting

WavesBank:www.wavesbank.com

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:31:01 PM

It would be good for volume If cgb was changeable on usd on cryptsy.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:35:07 PM

When first reading about Cryptotown I imagined a town in the middle of nowhere with a totally self sufficient crypto-economy. I realise now this is not the goal of the project, but instead aims to educate and introduce people and businesses into cryptocurrencies.

www.Yell.com is an example of a Directory for quickly finding businesses and services in your local area. www.Coinmap.org can be used to view the location of places where bitcoin is accepted in your local area and around the world.

This information from coinmap can be used to start to build a directory like Yell for cryptocurrencies. Starting with bitcoin.

When I get a couple hours spare I will list the businesses in the UK accepting bitcoin. Currently a little over 200 on coinmap.

If a directory like this could be made then it can be used to introduce businesses into cryptocurrencies, with a listing on the site and guidance on doing it.

Yeah man you got it! It's about bringing new businesses (and demand along with it) into the fold. It's also about documenting what makes a healthy cryptoeconomy and best practices for a smoothly operating community. The holistic approach, if you will.

What you propose would be a national cryptomall. This is a logical first step if your country doesn't seem to gather these businesses all in one place. Coinmap.org is amazing, but its voluntary to add yourself to it. We want to be reaching out with a human to human interaction to document existing businesses within an area, and to raise awareness to bring in new ones.

I will be working, likely all weekend, on spelling out the details. I hope to get a new version released of the official guide with the practical pieces in the "On The Ground" section.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:27:54 PM

CGB has been deactivated on Bittrex. They haven't put out any news but it will probably be delisted because of low volume. (Volume just started to pickup this week with a lot more open orders and about 2500 CGB sales)
To be sure I would advice everyone to withdraw their CGB's, I did so myself already. If you want my opinion on the way Bittrex is handling these situations:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.msg7684769#msg7684769

edit: So it's on the first page: Removals for July 4th: CryptogenicBullion: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CGB

Get your coins out!

I also commented:
If they are only concerned about volume what does that tell you about their commitment to the advance of cryptocurrencies. Shady way to drop markets, and some shortly after launch, seems short sighted. Not to mention some coins don't rely on high volume to maintain value. Looking at the recent news for Cryptogenic Bullion, its actually hilarious that they are dropping it.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:19:41 PM

http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/address/5SHzAQkDJ6w9fH6c7rC8C5Bxiu1pyMLbcs

200149.53   CGB

1/5th?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:35:50 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 07:50:57 PM by BTCat

Probably Cryptsy wallet, our mainexchange.

In rare cases, we'll open LTC markets for coins or give the community more time to build volume.  If you are a developer of a coin on this list and would like to keep your market on Bittrex, please contact us at support@bittrex.com

If you guys still like to try to stay active then send them an email, perhaps they can give CGB more time. On the other hand it's not really necessary, we've had some discussions about the amount of exchanges before. Personally I think as many possible is good to catch the interest of the users of those sites, not everyone is on Cryptsy. We could try and focus some tradingvolume on Ecoinfund or Comkort instead.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 08:53:42 PM

I am not an expert in this stuff. I could only guess its the cryptsy wallet. Its at 180k right now which is in line with what we have noticed in the past for a similar wallet. Would love to see more analysis. Perhaps we should consider offline storage of CGB on paper wallets to be a major point of effort for our community.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

In rare cases, we'll open LTC markets for coins or give the community more time to build volume.  If you are a developer of a coin on this list and would like to keep your market on Bittrex, please contact us at support@bittrex.com

If you guys still like to try to stay active then send them an email, perhaps they can give CGB more time. On the other hand it's not really necessary, we've had some discussions about the amount of exchanges before. Personally I think as many possible is good to catch the interest of the users of those sites, not everyone is on Cryptsy. We could try and focus some tradingvolume on Ecoinfund or Comkort instead.

+1 for more exchanges.  I think being centralized on cryptsy is not in the best interests of CGB and its needs to become more distributed across exchanges and other services.  Its also a concern that cryptsy now plans to restrict the amount of coins unverified users can withdraw based on its USD value ($1000/day or ~1.5 BTC/day).  "Getting verified" can only be of some interest to the US users as  international community has plenty of alternatives for FIAT trading/"cashing out" to FIAT, and that doesn't violate them with invasive AML/KYC regulations, or threaten to unreasonably limit access to their bitcoins and other altcoins they keep on those sites.  CGB needs exchanges that are not going place a collar on it.  All users should be able to deposit and withdraw their coins without restrictions when they want. :\

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:14:25 AM

+1 for more exchanges.  I think being centralized on cryptsy is not in the best interests of CGB and its needs to become more distributed across exchanges and other services.  Its also a concern that cryptsy now plans to restrict the amount of coins unverified users can withdraw based on its USD value ($1000/day or ~1.5 BTC/day).  "Getting verified" can only be of some interest to the US users as  international community has plenty of alternatives for FIAT trading/"cashing out" to FIAT, and that doesn't violate them with invasive AML/KYC regulations, or threaten to unreasonably limit access to their bitcoins and other altcoins they keep on those sites.  CGB needs exchanges that are not going place a collar on it.  All users should be able to deposit and withdraw their coins without restrictions when they want. :\

Wow a thousand a day? That's called capital controlls and you are totally right to watch out for extreme centralization. This is a potential sign of "fractional reserve" accounting, where only a percentage of the actual currency is actually available to the exchange at any given time. Can we get some kind of rundown on our options? I wouldn't be opposed to officially supporting a well grounded contender or two. Are there any exchange reviews out there? Gathered together? If not.. I sense a development workshop in the making.. At any rate I will be printing up a batch of cold storage paper wallets for impending use.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:08:05 AM

Wow a thousand a day? That's called capital controlls and you are totally right to watch out for extreme centralization. This is a potential sign of "fractional reserve" accounting, where only a percentage of the actual currency is actually available to the exchange at any given time. Can we get some kind of rundown on our options? I wouldn't be opposed to officially supporting a well grounded contender or two. Are there any exchange reviews out there? Gathered together? If not.. I sense a development workshop in the making.. At any rate I will be printing up a batch of cold storage paper wallets for impending use.

I may be incorrect as they are being somewhat vague about it, but that is the impression i got from their blog here where they "suggest" verification for users who transfer more then $1k or $20k of value of crypto.  

Question 2:
When you do impose limits, what will be limited?
Answer:
Deposit and Withdrawal amounts and daily/monthly limits.   Trade activity will not be limited.  If you are depositing or withdrawing more than $1k a day or $20k a month worth of cryptocurrencies, then you should go ahead and get the verification process started.  If you meet this criteria, we will also be contacting you directly if you are not verified.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: