Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:31:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOKEN SALE] Theta Network - Next generation video delivery powered by you  (Read 30393 times)
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:43:28 AM

So gamma is mined by owning theta? and is used to pay for relay nodes of videos, but videos can also use free cdn... afaik.

https://medium.com/theta-network/what-is-gamma-initial-faqs-c47e38726b14
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 10:00:51 AM

This is definitely one project with a lot of potential and is well worth investing in.

alexluthor

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:37:32 AM

Theta Labs announces the US$ 2,000,000 Dapp Development Fund  —  Apply now!
https://medium.com/theta-network/theta-dapp-development-fund-apply-now-6b68e653df7d

THETA TESTNET CHANNEL: www.sliver.tv/win/theta

(Watch & Win Prizes: Ledger Nano S, Gift Card $50, THETA Token)

MEDIA
http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/theta-launches-testnet-for-blockchain-video-delivery-network-with-2m-dapp-development-fund-1027322233

glenmosny

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:37:33 PM

Is theta token decentralized? Where can i find out information on Theta decentralization?
Sexy_Sees

Activity: 128
Merit: 22

Life is like a box of chocolates :)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:25:08 PM

This is only meant for streaming videos or has it any more usecases. It’s a utility token, right? I understand that the token is mineable? Hopefully someone can answer these questions..  Roll Eyes
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:50:02 PM

my mate has left  [inside] the lightning network, he said its a set up, and they are capping all crypto from mooning....there is a guy gunna get heavily involved in THETA.

He only wants in if the price goes to $500+ and they agreed, and signed an agreement,  so was no suppose to post this here, So please do not delete this post.

While this will not happen quickly, I do see that people will bag THETA [as my buddy has already said] and say, its crap, but no, apon this agreement you will see THETA go up and up and up and up and up.....like that, and go to $500 + so get ready!!!

i know you will laugh at this post, but this is real, its currently 0.17 cents so please time stamp this, and save this on your fridge, friends. History is about to made. I can say these guys inside the LIGHTING network are not who they are and the DCN [digital coin network] are all criminal doing deals with eachother. SO I give this about 99% of playing out.

have a nice day.

Well gosh since your name is nysefloortrader and since you posted something anonymously over the internet I should take it 99% as true!

Selling house! Maxing credit card! ALL IN NOW

ACCORDING TO THIS GUY THETA WILL OVERTAKE BITCOIN!!
bitChipper

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:52:54 PM

This is only meant for streaming videos or has it any more usecases. It’s a utility token, right? I understand that the token is mineable? Hopefully someone can answer these questions..  Roll Eyes

Most of the time you don't get quality answers on bitcointalk, it's archaic in terms of project expansion and marketing.

But yes its meant for streaming video AND video on demand, it will be a utility token yes.

It will not be mined, it will be distributed to different types of node operators and viewers via rewards for watching ads. No mining at all.
Andrew Singh

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:43:52 AM

“Theta’s innovation is set to disrupt today’s online video industry much in the same way that the YouTube platform did to traditional video back in 2005,” said Chen. “One of our biggest challenges had been the high costs of delivering video to various parts of the world, and this problem is only getting bigger with HD, 4K and higher quality video streams. I’m excited to be part of the next evolution of the streaming space, helping Theta create a decentralized peer-to-peer network that can offer improved video delivery at lower costs.”
- Steve Chen, co-founder of YouTube and adviser to Theta Network

What people are saying about Theta Network:

Community Links:

Theta token (THETA) may be free of listing on Aiodex if the number of votes is large enough.
Let's vote for it ☞ https://aiodex.com/vote/coin/5b4ee18043de830aeb462cf2
Coka2209

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:25:45 PM

Theta Token announced that Kyle Okamoto, network manager for Verizon Digital Media Services, is joining Theta as a strategic advisor.
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:03:11 PM

This is only meant for streaming videos or has it any more usecases. It’s a utility token, right? I understand that the token is mineable? Hopefully someone can answer these questions..  Roll Eyes

Most of the time you don't get quality answers on bitcointalk, it's archaic in terms of project expansion and marketing.

But yes its meant for streaming video AND video on demand, it will be a utility token yes.

It will not be mined, it will be distributed to different types of node operators and viewers via rewards for watching ads. No mining at all.

Not true. You can mine it via POS staking. We are going to be able to stake our theta tokens in our wallet when the mainnet is launched.
tropygal

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:04:27 AM

I am such a believer of this project...  Glad that they are now on Binance!!!
rongwang

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:14:33 AM

Good luck on this project...how do we see the progress of funds collected on the site? cant see anything at the moment
Hoping the bounty campaign will be announced shortly. Can't wait to promote this project!
Pavel1391

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:59:29 PM

The project certainly has great potential. The idea of creating a DSN can potentially be revolutionary and completely push aside the CDN. If the network can become successful and popular, it will attract the largest owners of content, such as Amazon, CNN, Netflix, etc. Perhaps Theta can really radically change the world of streaming video.
bitChipper

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:04:01 PM

@ 71 million gotta say this is pretty overvalued at the moment, expect incoming dumps if this bear market continues...I mean come on, 71 million on really just an ethereum based token and an idea....i guess i could make the same argument about a lot of other coins though
blockchainben777
Copper Member

Activity: 112

ExToke FEE FREE DEX!!!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 11:09:50 AM

$THETA @thetatoken is trading now on #ExToke Fee Free DEX! Get trading now: https://www.extoke.com

▬▬ι═══════-  ♦ EXTOKE  -═══════ι▬▬
●▬●▬●▬●▬ FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! ▬●▬●▬●▬●
[{Website}{Token Sale}{White Paper}{Platform}{Twitter}{Facebook}
nuzzo
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 09:11:59 PM

Play Labs @ MIT Game Lab will hold their summer Demo Day this Tuesday at 6pm EST. Bitmovio, a video entertainment marketplace built on the Theta protocol, will be one of the projects presenting.
https://twitter.com/ThetaToken/status/1028322528383533056
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

Will theta be rewarding people for participating in their testnet channel?

I've been on the testnet for a while but have just stopped because its heating my laptop and my fan is going crazy!

irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:01:37 AM

I have a question about token incentives. Often people say that pure utility tokens without staking or dividends will end up having very high velocity, limiting the total market cap. It seems like the Theta team believes that a pure utility token can hold significant value and be a good investment. Have they argued for this view? I understand the idea that network participants sell their tokens to influencers. Are there other mechanisms to stabilize the value?
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:17:13 PM

Theta is a good and profitable token, I am happy because Tetha's price continues to rise and it looks immediately recovered, and I hope that marketcap will soon reach $ 100 million so that it avoids death.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:40:05 AM

Theta price jumped by 56% after getting listed on Bithumb!

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: