Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this is what will Kill bitcoin.  (Read 1703 times)
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:43:39 PM

2 computers sitting side by side.  I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet to a Exodus in laptop. 13 days still not Confirmed  I can't add money to the fee in 2013 wallet. so fee shows $.81.  so network won't send it though.  In 13 DAYS it has seen 22 peers. I would pay more fee if I could.  13 Days ! Really!  Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin! Cry

Thirteen days late is not a norm, it is just an unfortunate exception. But we must also recognize that by this time bitcoin has been hijacked by speculators and has ceased to be a currency of current use to have only validity as a long-term investment, a store of value. And that is why so many other altcoins are beginning to gain a lot of ground in the market, to facilitate the microtransactions of daily life that bitcoin can no longer support.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:57:09 PM

I am not sure what is problem in your case, I guess its old version of wallet, and because of such low transaction fee transfer is going a lot slower. If there is not an option to rise transaction fee, than you will have to wait as long as it takes.

Also I do not know why people say that transaction fees are too high. I made transaction 2 hours ago, and it took me less than 20 min to confirm my transaction... that is fast, and it was regular transaction. Also I didn't pay a lot, it was something near 1-3% and that is low in my book. There was even faster transaction for higher fee, but i was not in a hurry. The problem you have is not with Bitcoin, its yours and yours only. Therefor bitcoin will not die because of that, so far it has lived and it will continue to do so.
Towdogs (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:07:17 PM

2 computers sitting side by side.  I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet to a Exodus in laptop. 13 days still not Confirmed  I can't add money to the fee in 2013 wallet. so fee shows $.81.  so network won't send it though.  In 13 DAYS it has seen 22 peers. I would pay more fee if I could.  13 Days ! Really!  Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin! Cry

Thirteen days late is not a norm, it is just an unfortunate exception. But we must also recognize that by this time bitcoin has been hijacked by speculators and has ceased to be a currency of current use to have only validity as a long-term investment, a store of value. And that is why so many other altcoins are beginning to gain a lot of ground in the market, to facilitate the microtransactions of daily life that bitcoin can no longer support.
 Yes I'm learning this with every step I take, I step on another landmine.  Even with all the mistakes I make I'm still up Big on just part of a bitcoin I got in 2014.. but it has been FAR from free  with all the hour I have spent trying to recover the bitcoin from a multibit wallet. see thread " can someone help me?"https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1922317.80  it took us 6 month to get my bit back. Thanks to the guys on this board. I say they are doing Gods Work!!
smartut

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:15:38 PM

if only rich ppl can pay the transactions fees ... bitcoin will "suffer" more forks soon ...
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:19:10 PM

I am not sure what is problem in your case, I guess its old version of wallet, and because of such low transaction fee transfer is going a lot slower. If there is not an option to rise transaction fee, than you will have to wait as long as it takes.

Also I do not know why people say that transaction fees are too high. I made transaction 2 hours ago, and it took me less than 20 min to confirm my transaction... that is fast, and it was regular transaction. Also I didn't pay a lot, it was something near 1-3% and that is low in my book. There was even faster transaction for higher fee, but i was not in a hurry. The problem you have is not with Bitcoin, its yours and yours only. Therefor bitcoin will not die because of that, so far it has lived and it will continue to do so.
 It looks like they would just block old multibit transaction.  Just send it back and say you need more fee. How hard could that be.  Flag all low fee as old Multibit wallets.  I found out by Exodus wallet stopping transactions because of too high fees $25. to$100..  That was when I looked at multibit and found it was a SET fee I could not change. I Know I'm not the only dumb a$$ out here.  
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:20:05 PM

For you people saying that it's his fault and if he wants fast confirmation he should set higher fees!
Well, he doesn't want a "fast" confirmation, he wants a CONFIRMATION. Those are 13 F***** days it's beyond fast and slow here. And it definitely is a problem in bitcoin.

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
BitCare

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:30:11 PM

that a pity, man.. but we all have to get used to the idea that bitcoin became the store of value rather than mean of payment.. don't move it! Grin

So, if Bitcoin became a store of value, why does everybody scream about its great future. Everywhere we can see the moto "bitcoin will become the currency", "BTC will kill fiat" — but it is a lie! IF I want to buy a bread and pay for it by BTC — it's disgusting idea. I will spend all my money on fees.

BTC network have great count of problems, we can't ignore it. Yes, there are many advantages, but problems are too great.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:45:43 PM

For you people saying that it's his fault and if he wants fast confirmation he should set higher fees!
Well, he doesn't want a "fast" confirmation, he wants a CONFIRMATION. Those are 13 F***** days it's beyond fast and slow here. And it definitely is a problem in bitcoin.
  14 days today. It seen 29 peers. Who would Dream a wallet would go bad in just 3 years.  Beef jerky will last that long I think. Just block all low fee transactions as old multibit wallets. Send it back. Return to sender. So I could fix it.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:58:27 PM

I have put every number but 1 line with around 60 digits in it in the search boxes on the 2 web sites in the  Transactions details box. every time is shows Not  found.  But peers seen keeps going up. 29 now  That's Good Right?
Paecga129

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:26:58 PM

Sorry buy I am not even going to read your post. The fact that you are claiming Bitcoin will be killed and die automatically shows me you don't know what you are talking about. LOL
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:42:17 PM

I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet.

You should've stopped writing at that exact point. Why did you send coins from a 2013 wallet ?
I guess you've been around for these 4 years and do know that the fees aren't the same anymore so how did you expect that your 2013 outdated wallet will be fine to pass the transaction ?

The best thing would be exporting the private key of that address and imported it into a new up to date electrum wallet and then send the coins from there. Electrum has dynamic fees which constantly changes according to the size of the mempool at the time of creating the transaction.

13 days ? Is the transaction even still on nodes ? Can you post the tx of it and maybe we could help you out ? 13 days is a bit too much and it should be dropped.

Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin!

Don't blame the whole coin for YOUR mistakes. Bitcoin itself has nothing to do with all these wallets.  Roll Eyes
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:50:36 PM

I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet.

You should've stopped writing at that exact point. Why did you send coins from a 2013 wallet ?
I guess you've been around for these 4 years and do know that the fees aren't the same anymore so how did you expect that your 2013 outdated wallet will be fine to pass the transaction ?

The best thing would be exporting the private key of that address and imported it into a new up to date electrum wallet and then send the coins from there. Electrum has dynamic fees which constantly changes according to the size of the mempool at the time of creating the transaction.

13 days ? Is the transaction even still on nodes ? Can you post the tx of it and maybe we could help you out ? 13 days is a bit too much and it should be dropped.

Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin!

Don't blame the whole coin for YOUR mistakes. Bitcoin itself has nothing to do with all these wallets.  Roll Eyes
  I was outside riding a tractor for 4 years. I thought the wallet would have a changing fee. I only found out it didn't after it was sent. lite coin went though in about 2 seconds.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:01:10 PM

It just seen 30 peers sent 11 -12- 17  I'm a lot like other people I learn my mistakes as I make them. Bitcoin is a new Baby we are growing Older together.  Nobody 55 years old knows everything yet. I'm not the first one to do this. It should have been RETURED For Low fees. The post office does it that way.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:28:24 PM

The website said 1.5 million used multibit wallets.  so this is happening probably a hundred times a day.  And the network can't set up Return to Sender. really it's a dead give away of Low Fee.  Not everyone on a computer went to school for computers and software. I learned WHAT LITTLE I KNOW about bitcoin after work at night. When Bit stayed at nothing for 4 years I was working.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:44:16 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 07:35:36 AM by ladydark

2 computers sitting side by side.  I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet to a Exodus in laptop. 13 days still not Confirmed  I can't add money to the fee in 2013 wallet. so fee shows $.81.  so network won't send it though.  In 13 DAYS it has seen 22 peers. I would pay more fee if I could.  13 Days ! Really!  Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin! Cry
You should have used updated wallet to send bitcoins instead of outdated wallet.its true that bitcoin transaction fee is very high but this move is just to criticize bitcoin.Liecoin as well as any other altcoin has not processed such huge volume of transactions as bitcoin does.If it happens,then the truth would be revealed.

Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:06:48 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 12:53:21 AM by Towdogs

2 computers sitting side by side.  I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet to a Exodus in laptop. 13 days still not Confirmed  I can't add money to the fee in 2013 wallet. so fee shows $.81.  so network won't send it though.  In 13 DAYS it has seen 22 peers. I would pay more fee if I could.  13 Days ! Really!  Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin! Cry
You should have used updated wallet to send bitcoins instead of outdated wallet.its true that bitcoin transaction fee is very high but this move is just to criticize bitcoin.
[/quote
  The Bitcoin Network Needs a Return to Sender Policy for low fees. I'm waiting 14 days for what should have returned in 60 seconds.  Like the Post Office. Like a tag out on your car.
  It don't get better until someone says something.

Ladydark
 Why would I criticize Bitcoin?  I have and am making money from Bitcoin.  But the Network  Needs a Return to sender policy.  Nothing Happens if no one talks about it. This May be why the network is backed up with multibit low fee transactions.  This may fix something. I don't Know. 
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:02:30 AM

The website said 1.5 million used multibit wallets.  so this is happening probably a hundred times a day.  And the network can't set up Return to Sender. really it's a dead give away of Low Fee.  Not everyone on a computer went to school for computers and software. I learned WHAT LITTLE I KNOW about bitcoin after work at night. When Bit stayed at nothing for 4 years I was working.
It is already 14 days, so your transaction should be rejected by the mempool anytime soon. It happened to me once.

It should have been RETURED For Low fees. The post office does it that way.

There is no third person in bitcoin to decide that. Some wallets have an option to set your own fees, if system cancels low fees, how about those who choose low fees because they are not in a hurry. It is the senders responsible to set enough fees and the system to process them. If it is not confirmed within a set of time, it gets rejected by the mempool and returns back to the sender.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:27:40 PM

It is already 14 days, so your transaction should be rejected by the mempool anytime soon. It happened to me once.

There is no third person in bitcoin to decide that. Some wallets have an option to set your own fees, if system cancels low fees, how about those who choose low fees because they are not in a hurry. It is the senders responsible to set enough fees and the system to process them. If it is not confirmed within a set of time, it gets rejected by the mempool and returns back to the sender.
  Thank You. It is day 15 now. seen by 34 Peers unconfirmed. I WISH network would Return to Sender at Peer #1 when low Fee is detected. Plain and simple first 60 second saying out of date software. get a new wallet.  My 2013 litecoin worked. 
  It's not right to blame me for a software maker who Abandoned their product. Talk about Make your money and run.

Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:46:10 PM

[/quote
  When the fee is 1/3 normal. It is easy to see it's an abandoned software wallet, You know Mutlibit. With a set fee that can't be change. Return at Peer #1 that will get the abandoned software wallet out of the system. That will speed up the system. There Must be thousands of transactions just like mine clogging the systems. With 1.5 million Multibit Wallets out there
  I only found the Landmine After I stepped on it. It didn't even click.
  Add expiration dates to wallets.  Like a package of Meat. Do Not Use After 2014. Roll Eyes

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:56:43 AM

Bitcoin is a world wide popular internet based system. Though it is very valueable, it may be kill. If anytime internet will stop that time Bitcoin has no value. Because it is not able to transfer without internet. But it is mostly impossibe. Only down of internet will kill Bitcoin.
I agree to this that Internet turned our world into global village and it connects I think every part of the world to each other. Bitcoin relies on Internet but if there will be no net still people will have Bitcoin in their paper wallets or somewhere saved in their mobile apps.

What if it becomes possible that we can send or receive our Bitcoin by using same services through which we make calls and SMS? I am just changing the communication method here.  Internet will definitely not kill Bitcoin that way. Just an idea!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: