Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this is what will Kill bitcoin.  (Read 1710 times)
Towdogs (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:17:49 AM

im sorry for that maybe you should use more fees
Tthe wallet has a set fee.  I would gladly pay more.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:26:07 AM

Sad story. Thats really way too long for any transaction. I could sent my money via racing pigeon if I want it to be travelling for 13 days. Bitcoin reallly got to scale or this will be its curse in the end.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:43:34 AM

I put the address to be sent to in search box "No transactions found for this address, it has probably not been used on the network yet"
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:48:45 AM

I put the address to be sent to in search box "No transactions found for this address, it has probably not been used on the network yet"

This wallet will Not let me cut and paste anything from inside the Details box. I tried many times.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:49:39 AM

You put a really low fee for the amount of bitcoin you were sending.Only 0.80$ for a 175$ transaction. You should have payed at least 5$ and that is 2-3% fee of the amount you are sending. Not that big from my perspective

The fees are the biggest problem of bitcoin But still, I dont think this is going to kill bitcoin because people still use bitcoin even if they have to pay high fees. We cannot do anything because miners have to buy new computers to mine the blocks required to confirm our transactions so they need more money
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:51:44 AM

Yeah! Your right that's the other main reason people like us that will surrender bitcoin in using it, the more bitcoin price increase the more fees increase also. And it is really unfair for those people who are using bitcoin for a long time and they can't save money.

Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:57:08 AM

You put a really low fee for the amount of bitcoin you were sending.Only 0.80$ for a 175$ transaction. You should have payed at least 5$ and that is 2-3% fee of the amount you are sending. Not that big from my perspective

The fees are the biggest problem of bitcoin But still, I dont think this is going to kill bitcoin because people still use bitcoin even if they have to pay high fees. We cannot do anything because miners have to buy new computers to mine the blocks required to confirm our transactions so they need more money

No I didn't set the fee. 2013 Multibit wallet has a set fee that I can't change. I have try for 13 days to change it.  I would GLADLY Pay More.  I didn't make the wallet.
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:00:40 AM

You should backup that old wallet and use some other more up to date, reliable wallet. I use Trezor and so far I had no issues sending, receiving coins.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:04:07 AM

I wish they would Know it's from an Old Wallet and send it back and ask for more money so I could try and Fix It. Not hold it for 13 day,  it's at peer 23 now. and gained like $20. over what I sent.  Also I sent Litecoins all but 1 transaction made it from a 2013 wallet.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:11:29 AM

Oh well after 2 months of sitting here working on wallets All Day Every Day I will know where to come and Get Help with Wallets.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:04:40 AM

80 cents you put on the fee? That is way too low my friend I put a transaction through last week that cost I think 10-15$ it was shitty but it had to be done. Granted I agree with you the fees should be drastically lower!
the wallet set the fee. I would gladly pay more.
If your wallet is too old then download the Electrum wallet and import your private keys there, electrum gives you the chance to add a bigger fee, by doing that your transaction should eventually be confirmed or you can use a transaction accelerator, we now that bitcoin right now is not the best currency when it comes to speed or the costs but that is not going to kill bitcoin, just look at the price, despite the fees people are still buying bitcoin.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:54:43 AM

Well I have being using blockchain wallet for some now, and I have never had a delay in confirmation of my transactions. But to say the transactions fees this days are very high is an understatement, fees on transactions is killing this day just imagine a situation where the transactions fee is even more then the amount you want to sell.
But in all I don't think the blockchain can destroy the image bitcoin has build for it self so I pray something will be done soon to cube the menace of high transactions fees in the bitcoin community.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:41:31 AM

Bitcoin fees are as low as 5-10Sat/B. Only newbies pay high fees, because they have no idea how to use Bitcoin and later they come here to whine about these high fees they paid. Learn to use Bitcoin. Oh and lemme tell you: Bitcoin is not going to be killed anytime soon.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Ridoy1a2b

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:16:24 AM

Bitcoin is a world wide popular internet based system. Though it is very valueable, it may be kill. If anytime internet will stop that time Bitcoin has no value. Because it is not able to transfer without internet. But it is mostly impossibe. Only down of internet will kill Bitcoin.
Iyhen

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:48:38 AM

Don't be so judgmental on matters you don't deeply understand. You use an old wallet and expecting to come up with great results. The fees were cents and very low in my opinion. Before giving up such conclusions please make sure you can stand up for it.

pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:52:04 PM

2 computers sitting side by side.  I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet to a Exodus in laptop. 13 days still not Confirmed  I can't add money to the fee in 2013 wallet. so fee shows $.81.  so network won't send it though.  In 13 DAYS it has seen 22 peers. I would pay more fee if I could.  13 Days ! Really!  Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin! Cry

It won't kill Bitcoin but it might kill the 2013 wallet Cheesy
Really man why did you send anything without updating your wallet, especially when you saw that it doesn't allow you to set the fees right?
It's like you started complaining on a windows forum that your win 3.1 has no support...
Valid point.People just want to show bitcoin as unfit for survival by any way.There is no need for sending bitcoin using that out of date wallet.Whatever they try to show negativity about bitcoin,its just progressing day by day an its price today has reached an ATH of $8,657.

You Know I won't be the only one that this will happen to.  The network should see it is an old wallet with a set fee and send it on or return it.  I didn't set the Fee in 2013.  That is why I sent .02.

You're still not getting it. The wallet you've used is an old software made by a private company. Bitcoin can't be blamed for their actions just like a car company can't be blamed when a bad driver ends up driving their car into a lake.
You, the user, are supposed to act responsibly and update your software. If you make a mistake it falls on you not on Bitcoin and not on the guys that made the wallet.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

2 computers sitting side by side.  I sent .02 bitcoin from a 2013 multibit wallet to a Exodus in laptop. 13 days still not Confirmed  I can't add money to the fee in 2013 wallet. so fee shows $.81.  so network won't send it though.  In 13 DAYS it has seen 22 peers. I would pay more fee if I could.  13 Days ! Really!  Get your sh** to gather.  This will Kill Bitcoin! Cry

Really man why did you send anything without updating your wallet, especially when you saw that it doesn't allow you to set the fees right?
It's like you started complaining on a windows forum that your win 3.1 has no support...
Valid point.People just want to show bitcoin as unfit for survival by any way.There is no need for sending bitcoin using that out of date wallet.Whatever they try to show negativity about bitcoin,its just progressing day by day an its price today has reached an ATH of $8,657.

You Know I won't be the only one that this will happen to.  The network should see it is an old wallet with a set fee and send it on or return it.  I didn't set the Fee in 2013.  That is why I sent .02.

You're still not getting it. The wallet you've used is an old software made by a private company. Bitcoin can't be blamed for their actions just like a car company can't be blamed when a bad driver ends up driving their car into a lake.
You, the user, are supposed to act responsibly and update your software. If you make a mistake it falls on you not on Bitcoin and not on the guys that made the wallet.
[/q
  I wish they would put an expiration date on it.
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

if I sweep my pri key to the electrum wallet.  what will happen if the network sends back my bitcoin that is stuck in nowhere land.  Will it go back to the electrum or multibit?
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:11:14 PM

Unfortunately bitcoin now seems to doomed for transactions i mean there is such a backlog and each one takes so long as it is anyway. The real use now is a store of value almost equivalent to gold, however i would say gold is safer!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Towdogs (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:25:43 PM

Unfortunately bitcoin now seems to doomed for transactions i mean there is such a backlog and each one takes so long as it is anyway. The real use now is a store of value almost equivalent to gold, however i would say gold is safer!

I'm at Day 14 to get .02 bitcoin 1 foot. That is how far apart my computers are 12 inches.  litecoin made the jump in about a second.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: