Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the price of bitcoin increase forever?  (Read 8892 times)
shantoote

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:33:55 AM

Since the total number of bitcoin is fixed, so the value of bitcoin will keep grow, and it's price will keep grow also. So will there a price cap for bitcoin?

No, price will keep increase till make deals with satoshi.

price will increase to the moon OR new technology make price back to Zero.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eveniyk

Activity: 280

S O A R

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:35:00 AM

I am confident in the growth of bitcoin prices. Its price will grow to 20+ K . But it can take a long time. I wish BTC became the official currency of the world.

htluc22

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 08:37:11 AM

Since the total number of bitcoin is fixed, so the value of bitcoin will keep grow, and it's price will keep grow also. So will there a price cap for bitcoin?
I think it's not it wouldn't be forever increasing because it is not stable.
igybadger

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:39:44 AM

There's a bit more to it. If BTC truly became mainstream - as in it was the only currency in use in the entire world, then the price would fluctuate proportionally to world population fluctuations. If the population increased forever, then the price of BTC would increase forever. If the population started decreasing, then so would the price of BTC. If you factor out the speculation in BTC right now, the only thing (and I don't say 'only' to diminish the importance) giving BTC its value is the fact that there are a finite number of coins that will ever exist and it's user base has been constantly increasing.
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:42:10 AM

Nothing lasts forever. So no, the price will not just keep increasing indefinitely. However, as long as demand continues to outstrip supply then it will. In the overall scheme of things, we're still so early in the bitcoin (& crypto in general) life cycle, was it should be many many years yet until you have to worry about the price reaching its ultimate peak.
CIN_N

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:55:49 AM

I can't believe that BTC is still growing. However even without a lot of knowledge because I'm still a newbie in crypto world predicted this couple months ago. It is also rising against other international currencies such as the euro and the yen: its value in yen is now over 1m.

The sky is the limit, guys!

Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:57:18 AM

Yes, I guess so. Hence, there will be no price cap. As earlier said in this thread, the supply of Bitcoin being fixed upon its onset is very telling. In fact, it is telling us there is no cap as to the price as long as the demand continues to rise. When that time comes, all Bitcoins have already been mined and thus the circulation of Bitcoin will be amongst those who chose to hold it until there is no more Bitcoin to be mined. It is because of this situation that the price continues to rise because the supply has already been exhausted.  
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:57:50 AM

I really don't think so, time will come that bitcoin price will drop. Bitcoin price depends on market demand. I'm sure if there would be a big investor that would dump bitcoin, bitcoin price would go down. It would not make sense if bitcoin price would just keep growing, it may go down sometime but I doubt if it will go back to it's price a long time ago.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:04:40 AM

The price of bitcoin increasing as long it is indemand and spreadwide over worldwide the value will keep on growing and being stable due to many investors and users of it.It will keep on rising through years passes by and maybe price will fall down but it will moving up again,the price must not be stable forever because it was flactuating.
yhan2x

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

Yes maybe bitcoin price will increase forever. But still there are times that bitcoin playing around, its normal that the price are increase and sometimes decreasing any moment of time.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:29:52 AM

I really don't think so, time will come that bitcoin price will drop. Bitcoin price depends on market demand. I'm sure if there would be a big investor that would dump bitcoin, bitcoin price would go down. It would not make sense if bitcoin price would just keep growing, it may go down sometime but I doubt if it will go back to it's price a long time ago.

Yes I agree, bitcoin price will never increase forever, there are times that bitcoin price will drop but be patience because it will just temporary.Nothing will last forever. Bitcoin will price will continue on increasing because of the help of other investors and evethough it continue on increasing but bitcoin is not stable. There are times that bitcoin price will drop but be patient because it is not permanent, just like if it will increase for how many years theres a possiblity that it will drop, we cant control it so just be patient.
jagmrx

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:35:41 AM

Bitcoin emission is limited. And if people holding the coins price will increase.
I dont think so that the price of bitcoin will increase forever, because bitcoin is not always getting stronger , there are some point that bitcoin will dump or decrease also, until now the price of bitcoin is not stable but eventhough its not stable i will surely say that the price of bitcoin will totally increase more in the future.

I do not know about that. I can only hope that the price of Bitcoin will continue to increase until I get a lot of profit. But if you ask me, what price will Bitcoin go down in the near future? So I will reply that the price of Bitcoin will not fall and Bitcoin will not fall in the near future. Just imagine the price of Bitcoin 3 years ago with the current Bitcoin price. You'll see that it's so much different and the price increase is very high. Therefore, I am very confident that the price of Bitcoin will continue to increase, at least for a long time.
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:38:39 AM

I think that the price of bitcoin will increase to certain coins will be reduced. Well, the stop of the price increase will probably happen when the bitcoin is over since it is fixed
Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:57:22 AM

Well, it will always depend to the decision of many people, biggest holders of Bitcoin may want to sell it to a lower price or higher.
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 11:25:36 AM

There’s no price cap for Bitcoin. Bitcoin’s price decreases and increases over time but it always results to an increase in value. Therefore, its price will increase as time goes by based on the movement of the price of Bitcoin in the market. Time will come its price will drop but after that drop its price will increase once again.

wulidada

Activity: 174

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:35:33 AM

The price of bitcoin will not always go up. The price of bitcoin will get more stable. Only stable Bitcoin is suitable for everyday use. Therefore, the price of bitcoin to a certain price will be stable. Of course, bitcoin has a long way to go. Smiley

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:39:11 AM

No it will not, It will stack after the bitcoin is done on its hype but the value will only decrease if there is a tragedy in the market. Today the market is pumping that's why the value is very high and because of that more and more demand in the bitcoins is increasing.

nick_nick

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:48:19 AM

nothing rises forever, there is always a cap for everything. and what you say about supply is true but you forgot the demand part, the demand is also limited! it is limited by the hard cap called "number people on earth" and a any time there is only certain percentage of them that would want to invest in bitcoin.

at some point some kind of balance will be reached which will slow down the rise and then it will be normal rises and falls. nothing too fancy. but we are so far away from that point.
I perfectly agree with you. There is always a price cap for everything. it will get to a time that supply would exceed demand which would eventually forces price to come down.
This would be explicitly seen when Bitcoin is widely accepted for varied transactions
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 11:53:40 AM

Absolutely yes, as of this writing, Bitcoin fires back into $13,000 peak. This is really insane increase when it will increase forever, a thousand dollars a day is insane.

shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:00:48 PM

This is one of the questions that you will need to use your imagination and common sense. All Cryptocurrencies are not stable in rate and price. If the Bitcoin is high in demand and stills tapping or touching the ceiling for its rate, The bitcoin price will still increase. Bitcoin is needed to have many investors and users in able to maintain its price. But as i've observe right now, The bitcoin will increase and still touching the ceiling.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: