Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the price of bitcoin increase forever?  (Read 8892 times)
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:19:05 AM

Since the total number of bitcoin is fixed, so the value of bitcoin will keep grow, and it's price will keep grow also. So will there a price cap for bitcoin?

In theory yes, as long as the demand / buyers, outweigh the supply/ sellers the Bitcoin price should keep increasing. But I guess that it wont keep increasing forever. There will be governments stepping in and do something about it. Time will tell!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
UltraMegaSick

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:26:08 AM

My guess is yes. Simply supply and demand metrics in my eyes will keep bitcoin up...
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:46:23 AM

in 2018 it would keep increasing, because many people want to invest in bitcoin,
i think when the price reach $1 million it will saturation point
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:49:18 AM

Since the total number of bitcoin is fixed, so the value of bitcoin will keep grow, and it's price will keep grow also. So will there a price cap for bitcoin?

Against USD that can be printed to infinity? Of course! As Bitcoin adoption gets bigger and it's technology developing further there should be no price cap for Bitcoin. Nothing could be that cap against Bitcoin. Instead, I think everything else WILL be capped/measured against Bitcoin.

no price will increase always will not ever happen, they will go to a recession and under such a scheme they will go on and on again and again

An economic recession would mean higher Bitcoin price against fiat, don't you think? Under what scheme?
truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:47:10 AM

I think the bitcoin price will increase but nothing is forever. Once it's saturated and the market diverts it will have to fall. The economic cycle is so.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:32:01 AM

Nothing is guaranteed and predicted perfectly, then how you can say that bitcoin increase for ever it is not possible also it can be in correction mode for few days, so ups and down is common and we should keep our mindset logically and should not panic about anything in the market happen.
Yes demand of bitcoin is the main reason for its worth, the more its demand increases in the market and the more investors are attracted the more it will rise in worth. Up and down will come because it is a currency and it all counts for a currency but after every fall it will rise high and will cross all past records
Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:41:04 AM

I am not agree with this that the price will go on regularly some time great shocks and volatility comes in the crypto market and because of that the currency falls in a short time. bitcoin is also a type of currency which some time highly goes up and sometime fall down this is the nature of currency market through bitcoin you can secure your investment for future and if you invest your all money into bitcoin it will be highly risky.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:07:16 AM

Nothing is guaranteed and predicted perfectly, then how you can say that bitcoin increase for ever it is not possible also it can be in correction mode for few days, so ups and down is common and we should keep our mindset logically and should not panic about anything in the market happen.
Yes demand of bitcoin is the main reason for its worth, the more its demand increases in the market and the more investors are attracted the more it will rise in worth. Up and down will come because it is a currency and it all counts for a currency but after every fall it will rise high and will cross all past records

Probably yes! Where the popularity of it came from, i believe bitcoin will be much getting worth when the will comes bitcoin prices will stabilize and that's when the issue of legality and bitcoin acceptance on the world market has been done. It's really hard to predict what will be next step of bitcoin price whether the of bitcoin will increase forever or not. And nowadays we can see that bitcoin still keeps on rising and lets hoping together that this price will continue to rise until the end of the year or even in the start of year 2018 because if this will be happend we can get more profits and theres a possible to make us reach.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:19:50 PM

Bitcoin value was continuously accumulate, so I think that increasing of bitcoin price will happen anytime. I was nothing to says that it will happen forever, but we never know when bitcoin price stop to increase. Since this coin now is so in demand to the crypto currency community.

Therefore, this coin will not increasing forever because if it is happen bitcoin value in the future is possibly hit the million or else billion.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:34:31 PM

Their are so many good news are input that the price of bitcoin is constantly risking and their is some price correction but not that deep so i think we can see all time high price going more high.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:44:21 PM

Probably yes! Where the popularity of it came from, i believe bitcoin will be much getting worth when the will comes bitcoin prices will stabilize and that's when the issue of legality and bitcoin acceptance on the world market has been done. It's really hard to predict what will be next step of bitcoin price whether the of bitcoin will increase forever or not. And nowadays we can see that bitcoin still keeps on rising and lets hoping together that this price will continue to rise until the end of the year or even in the start of year 2018 because if this will be happend we can get more profits and theres a possible to make us reach.
The reason why Bitcoin is keep on rising is because of the new investors that keep on coming day by day as if there's someone told them to buy it. As the supply of Bitcoin is getting smaller and smaller as the miner mined them the price also is getting higher and higher. If those whales dump their Bitcoin i'm sure the price will going to drop too but i guess they were not on the move yet because as those speculators predict what will be the price of Bitcoin it exceeded to the people's expectations.

thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:19:43 PM

The reason why Bitcoin is keep on rising is because of the new investors that keep on coming day by day as if there's someone told them to buy it. As the supply of Bitcoin is getting smaller and smaller as the miner mined them the price also is getting higher and higher. If those whales dump their Bitcoin i'm sure the price will going to drop too but i guess they were not on the move yet because as those speculators predict what will be the price of Bitcoin it exceeded to the people's expectations.

I don't think those whales will dump their assets that easy despite of the growing price of bitcoin nowadays. Their mindset isn't like the regular person but its totally different, because businessmen would think always for long term investment and always takes risk every time. That's why more investors nowadays were really putting their assets into bitcoin and 50% of their fiat saving was diverted to bitcoin assets, well I can hear good and negative feedback from the time bitcoin price struggles at $3000 but for now it hits the $17-$18K positive responses can be heard from majority of the forum reviews.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:54:00 AM

My guess is yes. Simply supply and demand metrics in my eyes will keep bitcoin up...
Increasing forever is not the right term I guess. There will be some ups and downs but the chart tells us that bitcoin will keep on increasing. Determining the supply and demand of bitcoin today it simply says that there's a big market for it and still many people aren't getting in the league and for sure when they started to hop in to bitcoin they'll be helping to make the price higher. As of today, the crypto market cap is totally high and there's a chance that 1/4 of the increase or higher from other altcoins can go to bitcoin within the next years.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
breedingsuccess

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:06:44 AM

Increasing forever is not the right term I guess.

How about increase longer than our lifetime?
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:21:57 AM

Nothing can increase in value forever, there will come a time that bitcoin is nothing more than a collectors item as it is replaced by something superior. Until that time as long as adoption increases then bitcoin price will always increase.

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:31:22 AM

It will increase in value forever because it is limited while the demand for use now and in the future is increasing. No predictable value so it's perfectly possible.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:39:11 PM

Bitcoin value was continuously accumulate, so I think that increasing of bitcoin price will happen anytime. I was nothing to says that it will happen forever, but we never know when bitcoin price stop to increase. Since this coin now is so in demand to the crypto currency community.

Therefore, this coin will not increasing forever because if it is happen bitcoin value in the future is possibly hit the million or else billion.
Yeah you are right as popularity will increase community will become more denser and more wider and in result more people will invest and prices will rise and as the regions who adopted bitcoin are now presenting resolution that bitcoin to declare as global coin and in this way there will be rise in future and till forever because there is always a possibility of perfection so bitcoin will never stop it will go high and high,
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:46:01 PM

I don't think so. Maybe time will come wherein the value of bitcoin will remain constant and that may happen if bitcoin has ended up being legalized already all over the world. That time may be too far from now but as we all can see right now, the value of bitcoin has been rising a lot these days and as this matter continue, the possibility that the value will fall down fast may occur as things go worse nowadays.
Every mankind-built thing has their peak point and definitely bitcoin is also one of them. It is reality that at a point increase in the price of bitcoin will become stable but at this current point we can say that bitcoin price will increase forever because that point is so much far when the price will become stable.

By most of experts, current time is considering the beginning time of bitcoin and they predict even in near future the increase in the price upto $100,000 and no doubt that bitcoin will touch the predicted increase very soon.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

No. no any given price cap for a bitcoin. Bitcoin is not gold that you may give a price or something like that.
The thing that make bitcoin unique is limited supply and that is why the bitcoin will keep growing without limit.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
dragonbhai

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

It will increase in value forever because it is limited while the demand for use now and in the future is increasing. No predictable value so it's perfectly possible.
If we suppose that Bitcoin will take the place of fiat currencies in the future (meaning everybody in the world is paid in btc, and use btc as a currency), then usd will worth hardly anything and bitcoin will worth a lot compared to $.
So yes I think bitcoin price can raise for quite a long time, not only because bitcoin has limited number of coins (and number of btc really used will go lower once every coin has been mined because everyday some coins are lost), but also because fiat currencies we compare bitcoin to will decrease in value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: