Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RED] REDCOIN - Official thread!  (Read 72452 times)
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 10:21:23 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 11:03:39 PM by ahmed_bodi

id ask you to join the pool but im going to be putting it in maintenance mode in 1 hour. stratum seems ready to go. anyone interested in testing it pm me and ill open it for you
EDIT: redcoin miners wanted, just connect to port 3333 instead and post back with the results

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:04:27 PM

bump!

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:03:37 AM

stratum added its working well! hitting 3 mh, soon to be 1 min round times, cmon guys get in! crypto-expert.com ports 8340 or 8348

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:26:30 AM

26MH on the pool. normally id kick the high hashrate users of the pool to balance the hashate. but another server is in progress for miners. Also redcoin needs as much power as possible Smiley

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 12:41:00 AM

I was going to throw a few rigs at it once you got it back up, but I don't think so anymore. Talking about kicking off the high hashrates and also this from your pool:

"Pool Hopping on this pool will not be tolerated. Their is a 3 stage procedure for pool hoppers. 1. Email to user 2. Second email to user and a Locked account until a response has been recieved 3.Third email sent to user and donation set to 100%
Pool Hopping for me is considered to be anyone mining until the diff increases and then only coming back when it falls. I have seen many coins struggle due to people like this and would not like my pool to be cause of any problems"

I'm going to go ahead and stick to solo mining. It's not up to a pool operator to decide when and where people mine. This leaves me with a very bad impression and makes me want to avoid all your pools. Sorry, but that is ridiculous

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:49:43 AM

sorry about that impression but its neccesary, Before the pool ran into problems me and a few other pool ops were discussing this as i was in the same position, Some people, Mr Lam as an example came to the pool, mined like crazy. took the diff sky high then left, causing problems until the diff returns to normal. And as stated there its a 3 step process, It will only be done as a final resort. Im pretty sure, if you had all your earnings into a coin and then someone killed the high diff, you would be gutted due to losing a lot of money. I was in the same position with mincoin so i know what it feels like and dont want that to happen again.The highest hasher on my pool has 25MH although i dont plan on kicking him off because i know he stays when the diff rises, so it doesnt affect the coin as much.

So end of rant, feel free to solo mine, the notice is there mainly as a warning, But in the extreme cases may be used.

DigitalMan

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:55:37 AM

Now a Green coin would be much nicer.  Ya get it?  Green...
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:56:35 AM

nope thats hazard's terrotory with weedcoin and the other chav coins(vagina coin)

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 01:03:49 AM

sorry about that impression but its neccesary, Before the pool ran into problems me and a few other pool ops were discussing this as i was in the same position, Some people, Mr Lam as an example came to the pool, mined like crazy. took the diff sky high then left, causing problems until the diff returns to normal. And as stated there its a 3 step process, It will only be done as a final resort. Im pretty sure, if you had all your earnings into a coin and then someone killed the high diff, you would be gutted due to losing a lot of money. I was in the same position with mincoin so i know what it feels like and dont want that to happen again.The highest hasher on my pool has 25MH although i dont plan on kicking him off because i know he stays when the diff rises, so it doesnt affect the coin as much.

So end of rant, feel free to solo mine, the notice is there mainly as a warning, But in the extreme cases may be used.

It's not up to you to decide how or where people mine. Good luck, but once other people read it they will leave, too, I'm sure

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:07:52 AM

actually seeing as im currently the operator of the only pool atm, and the official redcoin pool coming tomorrow. Im pretty sure i can have a saw on whos killing my pool, my money and the work ive put effort into. Ask any pool op and they shall tell you it is a thankless job. Us pool ops get barely anything in fees, yet we put the time into making well made stable pools, and constantly finding ways to improve it. Im pretty sure if i had enough power to kill the diff on any coins u own, resulting in u losing a lot of money, you wouldnt be happy.

Personally pool op's have the right to say who mines at their pool and how.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 01:27:02 AM

actually seeing as im currently the operator of the only pool atm, and the official redcoin pool coming tomorrow. Im pretty sure i can have a saw on whos killing my pool, my money and the work ive put effort into. Ask any pool op and they shall tell you it is a thankless job. Us pool ops get barely anything in fees, yet we put the time into making well made stable pools, and constantly finding ways to improve it. Im pretty sure if i had enough power to kill the diff on any coins u own, resulting in u losing a lot of money, you wouldnt be happy.

Personally pool op's have the right to say who mines at their pool and how.

Lol, I see your pools going very far and getting super popular   Roll Eyes

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:29:36 AM

yeah they have been, only the redcoin pool is running right now. Try coming over to the mcxnow exchange and ask about me, theyll tell you themselves the effort i put into making them

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 01:30:58 AM

yeah they have been, only the redcoin pool is running right now. Try coming over to the mcxnow exchange and ask about me, theyll tell you themselves the effort i put into making them

No. You whine about your money being wasted on a pool, yet think it's ok to mess with other peoples money and put the donation to 100% whenever you feel they aren't making you enough or mining the way you want them to? Get the fuck out of here

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:41:10 AM

HA who said im fucking with people's money. Im fucking with the people who are fucking with everyone elses money, not mine. I barely get a dime from the pools. My intentions were purely to ensure the long life of the coin,

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:43:03 AM

No. You whine about your money being wasted on a pool, yet think it's ok to mess with other peoples money and put the donation to 100% whenever you feel they aren't making you enough or mining the way you want them to? Get the fuck out of here

You my friend need to learn the difference between stopping people from killing a coin and stopping people from doing anything because i can. If i was after the money i could mess with everyones donation settings which ive not done. Youre also forgetting for the first 100 blocks after the downtime i gave away 5k redcoins out of MY pocket

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:45:18 AM

Anybody want buy 63K Redcoins? Smiley

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:47:20 AM

how much, it can go towards the pool float for pps

12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:15:18 AM

then the way you are going its the best to have a coin killed by monster who like me own over 20mh....dont stop that day is coming

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:20:17 AM

i have someone with 25mh on the pool atm,. I dont mind high hashers after all why not they own the miners, What i mind is people manipulating the coin while using my pool. If anyone wants to do that, then they can go solo or to another pool. In the long run i dont want no one saying to me you allowed ur pool to go over 51% or did this or that.etc

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:07:31 AM

then the way you are going its the best to have a coin killed by monster who like me own over 20mh....dont stop that day is coming

I'm also thinking about killing this one, or at least just the stupid ass pool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: