Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:47:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Private Coin?  (Read 2398 times)
kristianbasdeo

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

Monero in terms of privacy is far away from others regardless btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WinMar

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:24:03 PM

I think Monero and Dash are two of the best.
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:33:10 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 11:27:47 PM by srqrebel

The privacy market is large enough to sustain an entire ecosystem of solid privacy coins.  And it's only going to get bigger as governments engage in ever more onerous spying and regulatory measures.  If a coin has good privacy and anonymity tech, and is well managed, it stands an excellent chance of going places.  John McAfee recently tweeted something to the same effect: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/941003398215761922

Spectrecoin is one such coin.  Its robust privacy technology includes native Tor integration for network privacy, to protect against surveillance, OBFS4 obfuscation protocol to facilitate undetected usage in Tor-blocked countries such as China and Iran, and ring signatures for transactional anonymity.  Version 2.0, due out Q1 2018, will make stealth transactions the default, thereby providing a more intuitive user experience (and rendering futile any further attempt to compile a rich list); and will introduce the first ever stealth staking feature in a cryptocurrency.

Spectrecoin's existing supply is a low 21 million coins, with an additional 5% per year added to the supply, paid out in generous staking rewards to those who keep their wallets open for staking.  This is why the groundbreaking stealth staking feature will be such a big deal when it debuts.

In addition to its Cryptopia and Livecoin listings, it will soon be featured on the anonymous, peer-to-peer BISQ exchange, starting with BISQ's upcoming software release.  This is a perfect partnership for a coin that is serious about supporting user privacy, and it is generating a lot of excitement in the XSPEC community.

In the rapidly evolving privacy currency ecosystem, XSPEC is uniquely positioned to be the go-to privacy coin for small remittances.  Right now, the price is still under $5, which makes it a bargain.

You can find out more about this hidden gem here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Join our vibrant and growing community on slack: http://slack.spectreproject.io/

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
Criptomen@30

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

They are saying that moneró is good in terms of privacy
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:56:45 PM

They are saying that moneró is good in terms of privacy

No question about it.  Monero is a first rate privacy coin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
DZRCoins

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:40:19 PM

Monero is the best. Only Monero. Only XMR
realknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:58:58 AM

I think monero is supposed to be the most private coin ever. Its transactions are nearly completely hidden. Zcash has nice features too, maybe even better than monero. These 2 are top dogs.
Yeah that's right, but ethereum also not bad of koin2 other even I think ethereum even far ebih good the Exchange rate in the next year.

trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:23:36 AM

Monerro is the best there is no doubt about it in my mind they even hired a guy from bitcoin core to work as a dev on privacy part and you could see the results of his work on the current price.Xzc and other zero proof protocol can be hacked(this already happend to xzc and smart cash) so i wouldnt put my trust on it.Xvg and deep onion use tor for privacy that is already obsolete and for spec coin i doubt that anything will happen with it as its still in beta phase

Let's not forget that Monero has had to, supposedly, deal with exploits as well.  It's not whether or not it CAN be hacked, but how fast those exploits can be fixed.  https://www.bitsonline.com/monero-exploit-threatens-privacy/

IP data is not tx data--that's the difference between on-chain anonymity and bolting TOR onto a coin and calling it anonymous. On-chain is the more difficult of the two, and any user can do the second themselves. Of course you would have known that yourself if you has read the comments in that article or understood how Monero achieves privacy or had known that you can use TOR or I2p with Bitcoin and be more anonymous (more tx=more noise) than a coin like verge which bolted on TOR and called it a day. But thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about.

At no point was it my intention to distinguish between the two.  I'm not entirely sure why you are trying to stawman me into an argument.  And no, I seldom read comments in articles.  Reading comments on articles is a surefire way for me to lose faith that reasonable discourse still exists.   If you somehow took the fact that I pointed out that Monero has had flaws in the past and was able to fix them as an affront to your character resulting in your defensiveness, I assure you it wasn't directed towards you.  There's no reason to be zealous with me.  I own and support Monero.  I think it's a fine crypto.   I just don't understand why so many supporters of Monero become insanely aggressive against other privacy coins as if Monero was the only coin able to attain a certain greatness. 
I also don't mean this as an insult but your response read like the comic book guy from the Simpsons and I reread it in that voice and laughed a lot.  Thanks for that.

I don't think you know what a strawman is. I merely pointed out how you were wrong and were helping to spread misinformation. Don't really care how you feel about it. Accept the criticism or don't.

Which part was an incorrect statement (misinformation) because I only made two?

1. That Monero supposedly has to deal with  exploits?
or
2. That speed of repairing exploits is more important than the exploit itself?

You weren't arguing either of these things, because they are both true.  You are creating a strawman that is misrepresenting the statements I've made so that you have something to attack.  You didn't merely point out an inaccuracy;  both of the aforementioned statements are true but somehow you've misinterpreted what I was saying as "Monero is bad," which is quite the opposite. So you aren't "criticizing."  If my intention came across as something more than what was literally stated I apologize. But you're lashing out.  And inappropriately, in my opinion, because my words shouldn't pose a threat to you or Monero at all.

Here is some actual criticism for you:  Your post has some misdirected rage.

but in your defense I find this to be a common trait of Monero users in forums.

My criticism to the Monero community:  We don't need to act like this ^:  Creating arguments when there are none, or defending (in an aggressive and insulting manner) a coin that doesn't need our defense, being a "dick" in general.  We all know Monero is solid there are no threats here.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
PEGASUS CRYPTOCURRENCY

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:32:33 AM

OK... Best between...

Monero
Deeponion
Spectrecoin
Nav
Pivx

SIMPLE...
They will all skyrocket to the MOON!

But...

PEGASUS is the BEST
https://www.pegasuscrypto.com/

This one has the power to skyrocket not only to the MOON...
but also to MARS, JUPITER, SATURN and beyond.

GENIAL and POWERFUL.
Why?
Because it is the only one that could not only change your Wallet but also your Life.

Easy choice. But good luck to buy them BEFORE they are all gone.
Possible to buy them using the smart contract address link on the website at this time.  Before the 2018, January 15th, ICO.
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:55:30 AM

OK... Best between...

Monero
Deeponion
Spectrecoin
Nav
Pivx

SIMPLE...
They will all skyrocket to the MOON!

But...

PEGASUS is the BEST
https://www.pegasuscrypto.com/

This one has the power to skyrocket not only to the MOON...
but also to MARS, JUPITER, SATURN and beyond.

GENIAL and POWERFUL.
Why?
Because it is the only one that could not only change your Wallet but also your Life.

Easy choice. But good luck to buy them BEFORE they are all gone.
Possible to buy them using the smart contract address link on the website at this time.  Before the 2018, January 15th, ICO.

I'll check out pegasus, but first.  In a little more depth can you tell me why you're invested? 

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 06:33:27 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 06:53:44 AM by generalizethis

Monerro is the best there is no doubt about it in my mind they even hired a guy from bitcoin core to work as a dev on privacy part and you could see the results of his work on the current price.Xzc and other zero proof protocol can be hacked(this already happend to xzc and smart cash) so i wouldnt put my trust on it.Xvg and deep onion use tor for privacy that is already obsolete and for spec coin i doubt that anything will happen with it as its still in beta phase

Let's not forget that Monero has had to, supposedly, deal with exploits as well.  It's not whether or not it CAN be hacked, but how fast those exploits can be fixed.  https://www.bitsonline.com/monero-exploit-threatens-privacy/

IP data is not tx data--that's the difference between on-chain anonymity and bolting TOR onto a coin and calling it anonymous. On-chain is the more difficult of the two, and any user can do the second themselves. Of course you would have known that yourself if you has read the comments in that article or understood how Monero achieves privacy or had known that you can use TOR or I2p with Bitcoin and be more anonymous (more tx=more noise) than a coin like verge which bolted on TOR and called it a day. But thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about.

At no point was it my intention to distinguish between the two.  I'm not entirely sure why you are trying to stawman me into an argument.  And no, I seldom read comments in articles.  Reading comments on articles is a surefire way for me to lose faith that reasonable discourse still exists.   If you somehow took the fact that I pointed out that Monero has had flaws in the past and was able to fix them as an affront to your character resulting in your defensiveness, I assure you it wasn't directed towards you.  There's no reason to be zealous with me.  I own and support Monero.  I think it's a fine crypto.   I just don't understand why so many supporters of Monero become insanely aggressive against other privacy coins as if Monero was the only coin able to attain a certain greatness.  
I also don't mean this as an insult but your response read like the comic book guy from the Simpsons and I reread it in that voice and laughed a lot.  Thanks for that.

I don't think you know what a strawman is. I merely pointed out how you were wrong and were helping to spread misinformation. Don't really care how you feel about it. Accept the criticism or don't.

or

You weren't arguing either of these things, because they are both true.  You are creating a strawman that is misrepresenting the statements I've made so that you have something to attack.  You didn't merely point out an inaccuracy;  both of the aforementioned statements are true but somehow you've misinterpreted what I was saying as "Monero is bad," which is quite the opposite. So you aren't "criticizing."  If my intention came across as something more than what was literally stated I apologize. But you're lashing out.  And inappropriately, in my opinion, because my words shouldn't pose a threat to you or Monero at all.

My criticism to the Monero community:  We don't need to act like this ^:  Creating arguments when there are none, or defending (in an aggressive and insulting manner) a coin that doesn't need our defense, being a "dick" in general.  We all know Monero is solid there are no threats here.

1 + 2  are irrelevant if the exploit doesn't matter. You should read my original reply--apparently you didn't understand what I was saying or don't understand what the article you linked was implying about how cryptocurrencies achieve privacy. Monero offers on-chain anonymity--it's not an exploit if you don't use it with TOR or I2p as your IP data isn't TX data. And if you live in a country where you need IP masking, you should already know that you need to use TOR or I2p with every coin and that it is trivial to implement.

As for your statements about me--please see ad hominem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem All I've said about you is that you don't know what you are talking about, which you seem intent on reproving ad nauseum.

Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:01:26 AM

I can suggest Verge (XVG). It was rising fast in the past days, should be one of the top 30 cryptos now and even John McAfee suggests to invest in Verge:
https://cryptovest.com/news/john-mcafee-verge-xvg-is-the-best-buy-xvg-price-doubles-overnight/

Once Wraight protocall is active, price will start to moon.  Wink

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:13:05 AM

For me, the most I like is monero in your list. Monero is really great coin for private coin, they have very active project with great devs. I have one suggestion that not in your list, it is the Verge. Verge currency is also good, since it is still undervalued.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:20:54 AM

At no point was it my intention to distinguish between the two.  I'm not entirely sure why you are trying to stawman me into an argument.  And no, I seldom read comments in articles.  Reading comments on articles is a surefire way for me to lose faith that reasonable discourse still exists.   If you somehow took the fact that I pointed out that Monero has had flaws in the past and was able to fix them as an affront to your character resulting in your defensiveness, I assure you it wasn't directed towards you.  There's no reason to be zealous with me.  I own and support Monero.  I think it's a fine crypto.   I just don't understand why so many supporters of Monero become insanely aggressive against other privacy coins as if Monero was the only coin able to attain a certain greatness.  
I also don't mean this as an insult but your response read like the comic book guy from the Simpsons and I reread it in that voice and laughed a lot.  Thanks for that.

or

1 + 2  are irrelevant if the exploit doesn't matter. You should read my original reply--apparently you didn't understand what I was saying or don't understand what the article you linked was implying about how cryptocurrencies achieve privacy. Monero offers on-chain anonymity--it's not an exploit if you don't use it with TOR or I2p as your IP data isn't TX data. And if you live in a country where you need IP masking, you should already know that you need to use TOR or I2p with every coin and that it is trivial to implement.

As for your statements about me--please see ad hominem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem All I've said about you is that you don't know what you are talking about, which you seem intent on reproving ad nauseum.

Yes you did say that, "I didn't know what I was talking about" and you keep saying that AND I still don't see what I said that was wrong or why you are continuing to come at me.  You can say they are irrelevant, I suppose,  These issues were fixed very rapidly if my recollection is correct.  I was speaking in favor of MOnero and any coin that can rapidly correct any possible problems.  So perhaps this is a failure in communication.
And I'm very familiar with AdHominem.  The only thing I've said about you is that your post has misdirected rage which is really no different than you saying I don't know what I'm talking about.  I'm not attacking your character, I haven't called you any names.  Shit, I don't know your character to make an ad hominem attack at you. So...  again... Address the strawman please and tell me what you think Ad Hominem means because it doesn't run parallel to my understanding of that term.

jbombfb

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

ExtraCredit - BitcoinHomework

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:21:40 AM

A lot of people think NAV coin is hugely undervalued. Edward Snowden is backing up Monero I think or ZCash, it was one of the two.

Bitcoin is the best private coin! Don't look somewhere else!

✮  ExtraCredit ✮  The Worlds 1st Educational Cryptoccurency in partnership with (https://www.bitcoinhomeworkico.com/)
──────── The Leading Cryptocurrency Learning Platform ✮ Bitcoin Homework ✮    (https://bitcoinhomework.com/)
Invest during our PRE-SALE and receive a 20% BONUS of EXTRA CREDIT ❨ starts on January 1st ❩ (https://www.bitcoinhomeworkico.com/)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:29:20 AM

or

Yes you did say that, "I didn't know what I was talking about" and you keep saying that AND I still don't see what I said that was wrong or why you are continuing to come at me.  You can say they are irrelevant, I suppose,  These issues were fixed very rapidly if my recollection is correct.  I was speaking in favor of MOnero and any coin that can rapidly correct any possible problems.  So perhaps this is a failure in communication.
And I'm very familiar with AdHominem.  The only thing I've said about you is that your post has misdirected rage which is really no different than you saying I don't know what I'm talking about.  I'm not attacking your character, I haven't called you any names.  Shit, I don't know your character to make an ad hominem attack at you. So...  again... Address the strawman please and tell me what you think Ad Hominem means because it doesn't run parallel to my understanding of that term.

Implying that my post are "misdirected rage" is ad hominem. Also, no strawman--unless you still fail to understand that the exploit in the article (that you linked)  is not an exploit. Apparently you still don't understand my point. So I'll stop wasting my time and keep reposting another person's explanation until you get it.

https://themerkle.com/moneros-ip-address-leak-isnt-an-exploit-and-doesnt-affect-anonymity/

trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:32:08 AM

or

Oh I see. You thought I meant you were being a dick in general.  Sorry I was saying that towards the community as as a whole because they tend to poorly represent Monero with bad attitudes and by attacking other coins.  Less so here than on Reddit.  It was included as general thought at the end but I can see how the precursor would indicate that I was talking about you.  SOrry about that.  

trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:38:49 AM

or

Implying that my post are "misdirected rage" is ad hominem. Also, no strawman--unless you still fail to understand that the exploit in the article (that you linked)  is not an exploit. Apparently you still don't understand my point. So I'll stop wasting my time and keep reposting another person's explanation until you get it.

https://themerkle.com/moneros-ip-address-leak-isnt-an-exploit-and-doesnt-affect-anonymity/

Oh that?  No there was no implication there.  I "said" that, I didn't "imply" it.  I'm not saying you are wrong or bad for having misdirected rage in your post, just that your post has misdirected rage.  That's not ad hominem.  NOW I guess I can say YOU don't know what you're talking about LOLOL... but I won't do that.   I'm pretty sure we are missing eachothers' points though.  I hope your day gets better.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:46:23 AM

or

Implying that my post are "misdirected rage" is ad hominem. Also, no strawman--unless you still fail to understand that the exploit in the article (that you linked)  is not an exploit. Apparently you still don't understand my point. So I'll stop wasting my time and keep reposting another person's explanation until you get it.

Oh that?  No there was no implication there.  I "said" that, I didn't "imply" it.  I'm not saying you are wrong or bad for having misdirected rage in your post, just that your post has misdirected rage.  That's not ad hominem.  NOW I guess I can say YOU don't know what you're talking about LOLOL... but I won't do that.   I'm pretty sure we are missing eachothers' points though.  I hope your day gets better.

It would go better if people would do their own research and stop posting debunked articles and then say I was "misdirecting rage" when I pointed out that the article was false and posting it proved that  A. they're disingenuous or B. they don't understand how coin's achieve anonymity  or C. they just post stuff and hope they are right, but attack someone when they are proved wrong.

Again, go back to my first post and accept it, rather than go down many roads of disinformation to attempt to hide the fact that you are responsible for the Bullshit you post--whether you like it or not.

mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:09:50 AM

KMD best privacy coin.
jumblr is a great tool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: