Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:25:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3266 times)
lelecoeg

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:47:17 AM

If asked, can the government ban Bitcoin? The answer is yes. In China now Bitcoin trade has been banned for people, in Japan and South Korea who previously agreed to inaugurate Bitcoin as a means of transactions now precisely prohibit Bitcoin. Many countries ban Bitcoin trade and transactions for various reasons, one of them by looking at the shortcomings of Bitcoin itself. A simple example of the government's fear of Bitcoin is that many criminals want to hide their crime money through Bitcoin. Because if they save money in the bank, money from crime can not be traced easily.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 08:52:11 AM

How can they ban a thing that they didn't own. Did the government made bitcoin so they can ban it? A big NO!!!! They can't ban bitcoin. Maybe they can ban only the exchanges in their country and using bitcoin but to ban bitcoin as a whole, they can't do it because bitcoin it decentralized.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Igor Kapy

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:58:37 AM

The state already wants to think of how to tax bitcoin and all transactions with its own tax. If the countries become their trade then what then? if the main finances are in their possession, perhaps they will crush it? If I'm wrong, fix it.
swordling143

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:05:18 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?

I believe that they can and they have the right to do that. I mean if they see bitcoin as a threat to the economy of a certain country, then they could possibly ban it, of course it has to be through the due process of law, and for us bitcoin users, we can't do anything since it is the government that imposed that.
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:13:10 PM

yes they have the power to ban bitcoin in each country because they are in the highest rank in each country. but people will try to find other way to use bitcoin because they get lot of money for working with other crypto
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

yes they have the power to ban bitcoin in each country because they are in the highest rank in each country. but people will try to find other way to use bitcoin because they get lot of money for working with other crypto
Yes, you’re definitely right. There are already some country country that banned the Bitcoin like for example is China.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Lucas*

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:22:42 PM

Yes any government can ban Bitcoin in it's country , last month Maroc banned bitcoin due to terrorism case also turkey ban it cause of a prohibition with islamic perceptions .also in south Korea i heared that Bitcoin was Banned due to many traffic in banks .but in other country i don't think that Bitcoin will be banned like USA and European Country's ! In Wall Street Bitcoin is really famous and we see investors investi in bitcoin in Etoro and Forex .
ejhayehm

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:25:58 PM

They can never ban the bitcoin itself but what they can do is to ban exchanges and prohibit the use of bitcoin in any establishment making bitcoin useless other than investment. If this happens, the bitcoin price will drastically drop.
racistyui

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:27:38 PM

They can ban Bitcoin but only in their area, but i don't think they can stop their residents from using it for real. It's hard to tracking an owner of a Bitcoin address.

agorkems

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:29:16 PM

They can ban mining bitcoin, they can ban many things that can prevent people from buying bitcoin but they cannot stop bitcoin's existence. I think people can always find ways and method to get it if they really want to. But I wonder what extent will the government go to ban bitcoin for their people.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:45:49 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 08:22:09 PM by earl07

Any government can ban bitcoin to their country or any kind of regulations they make but they can't shutdown Bitcoin.Besides,users of these peer to peer asset that usefull for every individual are can't be track by any government,so i think this won't affect for some users.If a ban happens to other country then it may affect bitcoins price.But there are contenent that would not ban bitcoin because its very usefull for them,besides bitcoin is not controlled by any government.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
longminh123

Activity: 432

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:30:46 PM

I think Bitcoin can not be banned at this time because Bitcoin is a global trend, and many parts of the world are beginning to legalize Bitcoin. For me should choose Bitcoin as a means of payment as it will greatly reduce the cost
curry101

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:43:42 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
It is possible, because it is happening now. Some countries now declares war on cryptocurrencies. South korea banned bitcoin and all trading transaction with bitcoin, and also in china. But it can not be banned in the whole world.

Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:48:24 PM

I think Bitcoin can not be banned at this time because Bitcoin is a global trend, and many parts of the world are beginning to legalize Bitcoin. For me should choose Bitcoin as a means of payment as it will greatly reduce the cost
But the fact is that bitcoin is currently a hot conversation around the world. It can not be separated from the decision of some countries that the use of bitcoin is prohibited. This causes a lot of bad conditions that occur. We all certainly hope that in the future bitcoin can change and eventually be accepted by all people, including governments in many countries.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:21:15 PM

I think the government can ban cryptocurrency to some extent. I think they'd simply regulate it in my country because in doing so, they can also get profit from it. Totally banning it will only force users to do transactions under their nose. People will find ways to continue their bitcoin business. The government on the other hand will just have to be more vigilant in catching and implementing punishments to offenders accordingly.  
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:35:28 PM

For me yes government can ban bitcoin because they have the rights to do it. Government can do anything that they think it can help their country. For me it is better if government will support bitcoin because there are so many people that are being help by it. There are so many people now that are rich and successful by working on it.
fanten

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Future of Global Copyright Registration

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:38:50 PM

Yes, government can do anything to ban Bitcoin. They can frost all the bank account that are related to cryptocurrencies and they can do anything to punish those that play with bitcoin if they seriously want people to just stop using bitcoin. We need exchanged to do trading and that is the first step government can take to take down all the exchanges.

Smile
4U

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

There is no chance that bitcoin can be ban by any country because bitcoin is the only currency which is going to help in economy of country and it have already reduced unemployment in many countries so I think when a currency can help any country in their economy so I don’t think so any one can ban bitcoin and my country is going to make bitcoin legal because it did a lot for us and everyone they are thank full to bitcoin.
Raisa263616

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:52:16 PM

Yes
any country can do it in there country.Because there right doing anythin in there country.Bitcoin is cryptocurrency,crypto is not parmit in any country.government always say there bank about cryptocurrency to banned and stay far from crypto currency.But the people of this country can use crypto currency in another way.

napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:05:53 PM

it seems that it will not be possible and can not because bitcoin is the digital currency that its circulation in the movement by directly from the demand from buyers who want to buy bitcoin, including the government also will never be able to stop the circulation of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: