Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:22:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3277 times)
cjinny

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:18:48 PM

Of course, the government can ban bitcoin to its people by making a rule. But the government can not ban the circulation and transactions used by bitcoin holders.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:19:00 PM

Yes! They can ban bitcoin, because bitcoin doesn't pay taxes in the government that's why the government are angry in the bitcoin but when the people pay taxes the government will allow it.

They really do can put a ban on it but they are never going to be able to actually ban it. There will always be bitcoin users in a country. There will always be VPN users and it will rather be shocking to see an ISP giving your Internet history to the government just so they can catch bitcoin users. I think the government sees bitcoin transactions are pretty much just transactions that are not announced to them. But how is that different at all to other transactions going on. I mean the transactions that we do that we don't really declare. Like if someone mowed your backyard and you paid them $20, do you really declare that on your tax statement? I think it would be so hard for an individual to keep track of all these transactions.

But of course these are not a problem to the government at all since they are mostly in small denominations. On the other hand, there surely are other people that are not bitcoin users that aren't paying tax at all. It becomes a big deal to the government when an individual is getting all of his money from his cryptocurrency earnings so I wonder how are the other online workers any different. Those people that are selling bugged digital goods and other stuffs on the Internet, how are they not banned.

How are they angry to bitcoin users but not to online workers?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Radnie

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:21:36 PM

Yes it is possible!
Government is having a full control to all the transaction in a country, they can do whatever they want to any entity, group or any agency that they think might jeopardize the national security of the country.

yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:34:16 PM

This is very unlikely in my opinion.
On theory this is possible, but I do not think it makes sense.
Because they can try to control it and earn  from it.

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
Philip Marston

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:36:51 PM

Dear friends, send me money. I am well. But I urgently need money. I would like to buy a crypto currency. Little . My score paypal.me/livekola
popoypalaboy03

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:45:31 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?

Bitcoin has no centre to attack. There is no single organisation or person that controls Bitcoin and transactions don't go through a central clearing house there is really no way a regulator can stop people from downloading Bitcoin wallets and sending each other bitcoins. If there we to block all the websites that people can download Bitcoin wallets from, new ones will come up and some people will compile their own wallets from source code - Bitcoin is like Bittorrent is that respect. If they shut down the internet, people will send each other Bitcoin via SMS and if they shut down the electricity supply, people will use solar and battery-powered solutions.
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

Yes the government has authority to do this implementation if they have basis on doing this.
Since the company and management of bitcoin is a legal entity I think it is not easy for them to banned bitcoin in their countries since there is a process that should be follow and the bitcoin will prevail its right against to the government.
Absolutely yes they can. The government has the power to implement any laws in their jurisdiction. If they find it as a threat in their society perhaps they will find a way to prohibit the use of bitcoin. Some government tried to stop bitcoin but they failed. Bitcoin is becoming stronger as the time pass.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:53:00 PM

Maybe yes, other most of the country has been yet legalize. Few of them, but in our country, even the government dont know what bitcoin means. And i think it is possible to be ban if they know it.

Yes, posibility is always exist between us. In this case, government can ban bitcoin for any reason.
I agree with you, if government know bitcoin maybe they will ban it. I hope not
Government that have made a clear study will surely understand the need for the same and will accept it. Government might tax the usage of bitcoin, but this will not cause for the ban of bitcoin. Because this has been making an inflow of traditional economy within the country.
If some countries have started taxing the bitcoins, then the people must get very happy about it, because it will lead to the legalisation in the trade and transactions will be possible through online wallet. Moreover, in some countries, there are doubling or even tripling of the tax on the people, so I think by this, that doubling of taxation will also be encountered. Small businesses will start accepting the bitcoins and the price will go high which will benefit other parts of the world as well.
Yes the government of every country has right to impose their rules and regulations according to their wish. The Bitcoin can be ban by any government under his country. But the people can be use Bitcoin either it is ban. The peoples are going crazy in investing in Bitcoin for their better future and good lives. The price of Bitcoin is growing in a fast way that the investors is earning too much money from Bitcoin that they becomes millionaire in very short time.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:48:14 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Yes there are many countries whose government has banned cryptocurrency because of their security issues. Although bitcoin is very confidential and it's transactions does not involve any third party seizure but in spite of all these facts, BTC is not yet centralized and thus government has no control over it and this is the reason BTC is involved in many criminal activities and this is the reason why government has banned it but in future when it is accepted world wide then it will no longer involve in criminal activities.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:13:25 PM

As of now government could not see any reason bitcoin is creating a bad effect to its people. They are also already using bitcoin for convenience and to earn additional income. A government may ban bitcoin if its doing hard to the country and to the individuals.

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:09:19 PM

Of course government can ban cryptocurrency but it wouldn’t do it. There is no sense in it. If a man has access to the Internet and possibility to go abroad governmental ban wouldn’t touch him at all.
DragonCoinZ

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:15:11 PM

Of course they can. Mostly there are gouverments who already controlling the internet and censor everything. So for them its not difficult to forbidd or censor some sites on the internet. Bolivia, ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Morocco already forbid cryptocurrencies in their country.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

Yeah it can be banned by any government.They can ban it but can't control it.Either they ban it or not that won't make any difference .Like in my country bitcoin is banned by government but still we are using this

cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:22:51 AM

In my thoughts every government of every country has a right to ban bitcoin,but in the second place they must review the situation of how bitcoin can help the progressing the economy growth of every country and mostly the rate scenario of jobless will turn to smallest percentage,so why they should turn to ruined there economics  if they should find out the importance of bitcoin in there economy,and the capitalism will grow.

MoizAhmed

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:25:55 AM

yes, they can but they can not control it.
cposeidon

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:56:56 AM

Of course any government can ban bitcoin whenever they want but only with a solid reason
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:05:12 AM

Of course a government can ban Bitcoin. It mat not be the easiest law to enforce, but I guess a strong and efficient government would find the way. I doubt they would do it though. Some little government of some poor nation could even try to do that, but they probably won't succeed.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:56:12 AM

I think so, Government can rule on this platform and they can regulate on Bitcoin along with other cryptocurrencies. Day by day Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are becoming an important role on the monetary platform. Since the blockchain is totally dependent on the decentralized system. so that a couple of countries want to regulate on this platform. China is the first country that has regulated on the Bitcoin.
thunderclup

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:09:19 AM

Yes, the government can ban bitcoin because the other people use bitcoin in illegal activities but they can't control it. In fact the government is have a power to ban bitcoin.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:42:12 AM

The goverments can prevent their citizen using Bitcoin, but they can ban Bitcoin. Bitcoin cannot be controlled by anyone. So, you should not be nervous. Let hold and wait until it hit $20k again.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: