Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:45:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3277 times)
jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:04:53 PM

I think no government can ban bitcoin in their country, maybe we can limit the use of bitcoin but not ban totally bitcoin as means of payment around the world because now bitcoin most popular currency in the world than any other currency.

ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:23:38 PM

I think the government can not get banned bitcoin, what is their reason? for what purpose? and does bitcoin threaten the existence of the state? It should all be answered by the government.

ciarneil01

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:12:15 PM

I think government can ban bitcoin if will have negative effects to a country's economy that may affect its relationships to other countries on their investments and trades. Moreover, bitcoin does not have tax so government can use this reason to ban it or to officially declare it as illegal.
brushingbanner

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:10:03 PM

It may happen because if govt wants then he can easily block all the matters but doesn't do keeping in mind the reactions of people
mcconah

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:17:01 PM

It is very possible and already happened. Chinese and American governments to my knowledge have banned bitcoin. Not impossible if other countries follow the same thing. Especially countries experiencing an unstable financial situation

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:25:01 AM

They can if they want to buy only in their respective jurisdiction only. I would doubt if they can ban bitcoin worldwide or even stop people from using the technology even if it is not allowed. Bitcoin is easily accessible as long as you have internet connection and vpn in my opinion.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
thienlonghue

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:28:55 AM

They can ban bitcoin if they want, but I don't think that has any odd government that totally ban bitcoin. Because bitcoin and blockchain is the future of human.

▄                  ▀▄███▀▄       ★ ★ ★ ★ ★       B i s t r o o . i o       ★ ★ ★ ★ ★       ▄▀███▄▀                  ▄
▄                 Bistroo gives control back to business owners and consumers                 ▄
▄              |     Whitepaper     |        Twitter        |      Telegram      |    ANN Thread    |              ▄
BitPlace

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:30:59 AM

They can ban bitcoin if they want, but I don't think that has any odd government that totally ban bitcoin. Because bitcoin and blockchain is the future of human.
They can because they have a power to do something.But its depends if its legal or illegal.Bitcoin can ban this as long as this will be a legal.And can easily ban because because of technology they use.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:35:23 AM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?
that possibility could happen and bitcoin is recognized by another country and endorsed by the government because for now my country has not fully formalized bitcoin as a legitimate currency, but my country still allows bitcoin to be accessed

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
shoujiuhaituo7

Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:38:17 AM

Bitcoin has been on the edge of financial markets for nearly a decade, but it is getting more attention as an alternative asset class.

The government can't collect your bitcoin unless you decide to turn it in.

But most citizens and institutions like to be on the side of the law.

So once the government decides to block it, demand for bitcoin will plummet.

All of the country's exchanges will also cease to operate, and the bitcoin business will become very difficult and extremely risky.
tentara pelajar

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:44:16 AM

Man, it's happened. Governments of some countries forbid bitcoin, as an example China. Perhaps the workings of bitcoin (anonymous transactions) are not in accordance with the performance of the government that has been running and feared will disrupt the stability of the country's economy.
MasterCATZ

Activity: 426
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:18:55 AM

Many governments want and can ban Bitcoin because of its use in some illegal transactions. This is one of the main criticisms about the use of bitcoins on a regular basis. This argument in particular was handled by a longtime opponent of crypto-currencies - JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, when he was recently asked about bitcoin at the global Fortune forum.
GreenPowerRanger

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:37:47 AM

The question if they can ban them with a law, i think so. They will say the reason because it supports some  ilegal activitys in the country. But the questions is, if they could stop bitcoin technically, and ban it in their networks inside the country, i dont think so. Because the coders in who live in this gouverment will always find a way to bypass this censorship. And even if they could shut it down, there are other cryptocurrencies like spectrecoin or deeponion who work totally anonymous which they cant ban!
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:50:34 AM

the government may ban bitcoin but they can not do anything about bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized and they can not control the use of bitcoin, they may just prohibit the use of bitcoin as payment but i think bitcoin is not only currency but also as asset

FindYourIco

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:55:26 AM

in my country, a period of time, government ban BTC, then, they don't ban anymore. But I think they will ban again :3
SantoshSoma

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:01:23 AM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.

Of course its possible to any government to ban bitcoin but i don't think so it is possible why because bitcoin has great features and its highly secured one.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:06:54 AM

Government can stop the use of bitcoin sites and they can mandate companies to not use bitcoin. In that way, I think bitcoin will be useless within your country but government can never ban bitcoin.

Bitcoin is peer to peer and decentralized. That's why in some countries where bitcoin is banned by the government, some people were still able to use bitcoin.

Legwist

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:11:23 AM

Yes they can because they are the leaders of the country, like china government done. Because bitcoin is unacceptable to some country for some reason, even in my own country the issues of bitcoin ban is growing.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:13:10 AM

the government can ban bitcoin from their coountry only, or makes a regulation that bitcoin is illegal to used, but  the government can't ban the bitcoin 100% because the system of bitcoin is still work 100% and can be use in any country in the world, just the regulations of it can banned in a country

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:14:55 AM

it depends. on its support and the willingness of the population

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: