Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your biggest concerns regarding Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 1175 times)
realknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:37:45 AM

kolo my greatest concern is what if we are tired of collecting coins with difficulty, but when we want to exchange our coins with the rupiah coin that we collect can not be rupiahkan that's the thing I'm most concerned, aka zonk

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dagon666

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:39:42 AM

Days like today are my biggest concerns, I work blockfolio like a crazy man until it spits out a number I feel hope in  Sad
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

Decentralization and just like you im concerned if the government takes over or get involved in the crypto market.
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:13:59 AM

I want to write an article about this and I've been asking around.

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over
* Scalability and governance

How about you guys?

- 1st is lack of accountability by some (not all) ICO promoters. They just play with the investors money in ways that would get them to jail in any other situation.
- 2nd is cybersecurity. Everyday we wake up to know that an exchange or a service has been hacked.
- 3rd one is market manipulation. Pump and dumps and organised manipulation.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:43:48 AM

My biggest concern right now is Bitfinex, you are probably why ? because Bitfinex is behind the Tether coin, and they keep printing it like it's nothing. As you know Bitfinex got hacked a long time ago, so I will not trust them on tether, I dont think they have 1.2 Billion of real USD dollars to back them up

rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:06:05 PM

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

a very good plan man. I really support you to make an article about it because it will be very helpful for investors and also the bounty hunter. spirit and I wait for your article.

GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:39:11 PM

I am interested in the appearance of new coins as well as the coins that have disappeared recently in the crypto market. Because this will help me to grasp the rules of coin development, it is very beneficial for me to evaluate the pennies later. The past few days have marked the great volatility of the entire crypto market.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
WasTriffin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:35:22 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 01:18:50 PM by WasTriffin

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

* Not nearly enough competent "dev teams" to support +1450 ( and growing ) coin networks
* Projects that have no self funding mechanism nor development "road map"  
* Poor security features on exchanges and especially in "wallets"

WasTriffin

lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

Large scale hacks or exchanges that turns out to dont have money coverage,like bitfinex and tether and all of the crypto market turns out to be a large ponzie scheme.Dont really think that goverment can put the end to it as there is already a lot of money in it and most goverments are fine with it as long as they are taking their cut
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:42:30 AM

Decentralization and just like you im concerned if the government takes over or get involved in the crypto market.
Governments are going to get involved with crypto, that is inevitable but at the same time they cannot take over bitcoin directly, what they are going to try is to deceive people into thinking their own versions of cryptocurrencies are even better than bitcoin, many people are going to fall for that, but there are many which will choose bitcoin and when the financial system collapse we are going to benefit tremendously while those that invested in government backed coins are going to lose everything.
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:20:14 PM

I think the below article will give you better understanding about the concerns

https://www.businessinsider.in/Bitcoin-retains-its-crown-as-crypto-king-but-issues-still-hang-over-the-cryptocurrency/articleshow/61631871.cms

East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:59:54 PM

My biggest concern is loosing my coins. Because there are so many people in cryptoworld that lose their coin. And i don't want to experience that so i always take good care of my coins.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:24:47 PM

My biggest concern is loosing my coins. Because there are so many people in cryptoworld that lose their coin. And i don't want to experience that so i always take good care of my coins.
To avoid losing the most important thing is to keep your coin carefully, always keep your private key in the safest place possible. For keeping the coin on the trading floor, you should open the 2FA security mode to protect your account best. In business the first thing you need to do is keep your capital stable.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:06:33 AM

That is a real concern as bitcoin becomes more valuable you can be sure that more and more hackers will do everything to find vulnerabilities in online services like online wallets and exchanges in fact not too long ago the hacking of exchanges happened quite frequently, but even if that has diminished that does not mean that hackers are not going to target specific users that have a good amount of bitcoin.
DanWagner

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:51:17 AM

That it is impossible to know what will happen once regulations kick in. The government can fuck it up instantly. Also all the problems regarding exchanges and people not being able to get any kind of support from them , it gives a bad name to crypto.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:39:24 AM

My biggest concern is when the team behind the coin is very enthusiastic at the start and then a year has passed, they have abandoned it. It's always hype and proving their worth until the very end has a very slight chance.
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:46:01 PM

My biggest concern is when the team behind the coin is very enthusiastic at the start and then a year has passed, they have abandoned it. It's always hype and proving their worth until the very end has a very slight chance.

Interesting. Do you have an example where you saw this happening?
jomz312

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:13:44 AM

Will i guest that this is not the first time that cryptocurrencies are responding in such a manner especially after some resistive measures by governments.
This time around the popular narratives is that this market behavior is a result of the most recent regulatory pressure from China and south Korea.
Interestingly, the cryptocurrency market seems to rise and fall of prices on the exchanges.
A little fuzzy but there are several factors to play,because most exchanges use bitcoin as a universal trading currency.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:33:54 AM

So far, I've found:

* Fraud and scammers
* Government taking over

How about you guys?

Those you have mentioned are the Major concerns for the majority. What concerned me most nowadays are the people behind who's trying to take crypocurrencies down. Government, Hackers, Banks, and Big Time Businessmen they are all against the success of Bitcoin in the market. Also these pump and dump situations, because I think only those who are already rich becomes richer while the others (including me) are working very hard to become rich, I mean they can easily manipulate the prices in the market by putting huge amount of money into a specific coin and suddenly pull it all out when it turns to be very profitable. Isnt very unfair for us, this is clearly taking advantage, our loss is their gain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
evermotz

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:40:22 AM

Large scale hacks or exchanges that turns out to dont have money coverage,like bitfinex and tether and all of the crypto market turns out to be a large ponzie scheme.Dont really think that goverment can put the end to it as there is already a lot of money in it and most goverments are fine with it as long as they are taking their cut

Large scale hacks... it remids me on etherdelta DNS hack before.. I was really scared that my coins are taken away from me...
SO yeah, my concern is the security of crypto wallet and trading platform..

I also concerned of what will happened to my wallet if I died before I share the address and priv.key with someone on the family..

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: