Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: trading vs holding  (Read 3817 times)
mamesso

Activity: 2086
Merit: 740

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:19:36 AM

Holding is part of trading, why is this a discussion?
I hold several coins for profit in trading.
this may be a little boring but holding is a way to survive.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:20:10 AM

It depends on how high is your  risk tolerance. Many would prefer holding as it is easier and has less risk in the long run. Holding for long term has been proven to be profitable in the long run. But do take note to have a reliable exchange and always to save your holding to your hardware wallet. Invest in hardware wallet as it is a primary requirement to secure your holdings and to avoid from being hacked. As for trading, one needs to have a trading skill and have the ability to read charts, Using technical indicators is also a must to have a successful trade. Always have a trading plan before doing so as it is riskier  than investing but the reward is also higher so just weigh which type are you comfortable with. 

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:58:04 AM

Under what circumstances is trading preferred over holding?
Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.
correction OP bitcoin reaches $11,000 and i think theres no shocking before newyear.

Anyway regarding to your question,the advantage of holding is you dont have to put your
 face into the monitor waiting for your coins to pump,like what your doing intrading..and
in holding all you need is confidence and research for you to success in the coin you trusted.
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:38:03 AM

Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.
if we have little capital I think it's better to trade and focus on increasing the amount of bitcoin we have, but if we have much better capital if we keep some of the capital for the future. I think holding back will be more profitable for the long term.
214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:01:33 AM

When the price of bitcoin fall down its better to do trading, because you can buy BTC in a lower price and sell it a higher value. Unlike when the value of bitcoin is high, you will just earn a little amount. But if the price of bitcoin is in the peak, its better to hold. Bacause you could exchange it the higher rate.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

When the price of bitcoin fall down its better to do trading, because you can buy BTC in a lower price and sell it a higher value. Unlike when the value of bitcoin is high, you will just earn a little amount. But if the price of bitcoin is in the peak, its better to hold. Bacause you could exchange it the higher rate.

you are giving bad advice in my opinion.
because first of all being high or being low is arbitrary and you can't make plans on just calling it "high" or "low". what is high? was $2000 high? was $5000? or is $11,000 high? you see any number can be a high at some point and a very low one at other.

the factor you should keep in mind is if bitcoin is on the rise, stable or dropping. for example your suggestion turns into: if it is rising (on the rise) keep holding, if it is dropping sell and if it is stable hold or buy more.
there is of course the timing factor. which means where on the rise are we. every rally, and ever dump has its duration. they never last forever. they all end. and each decision you make must be at the beginning of the period or in the middle and never at the end or you will lose money.

Only Bitcoin
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:33:23 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 04:26:58 AM by shoreno

If you have good patience, and have more money and you can reduce your trading time, it will be best to hold.Because hold is gold.But If you have good skills on trading then you can trade better by Altcoin.Easyly profits 10% or 20%.

If you have good patience, and have more money then its better to trade rather than holding your coins for  much better income.

Because hold is gold

huh? i think that is  "old is gold"

overall it fully depends on the person and on the situation but in my case i only do holding because it is much easier and less stressful compared to trading. also im the guy who always cant affrord to loose , whether it is a big amount or small.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:43:28 AM

Both is promising profit and has some risk, In my opinion if you have free more time, learn trading is will be great idea because trading promising high return if you already expert to analysis the market and also when you enable to control emotion. Use portfolio 80% holding Bitcoin and others 20% of Bitcoin for day trading will be good decision and good trading plan. Also learn other fundamental analysis and risk management by continue will be making consistent profit.

yudaiskywalker

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:46:25 AM

HODL for BTC ETH and other prospects...
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:46:38 AM

It'll totally depend on what cryptocurrency are we talking about , if it's bitcoin then i'll totally hold it since we can see how much it can rise in very short periods of time and i won't be risking the opportunity to get that potential value out of it .
If it's another shit-coin then i'll probably hold a bit than get rid of it .
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:53:00 AM

so easy bro i preferred to invest rather than trading.  Cause we all know on trading we can buy depends in the current proce which is so expensive but worth it also unless you afford it or if you have patience to wait until the value goes down before you can buy a cheap price.  Not the same in investing you can decide which do you preferred  such as long term and short term investment. Depends on your strategy and also very affordable for those who want to gain much profit. That is based on my experience which is no hassle just waiting to increase the price of bitcoin . So both is woth it and also has the same style procedure but the best for me is investing.
lamby

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:14:46 AM

Hodl'ing if you:
-Like being lazy
-Don't want to spend a lot of time researching and trading
-Just want some easy profits
-Are unskilled in trading
-Have a small budget

Trading if you:
-Like being active in the cryptoworld
-Don't mind spending a lot of time researching and trading
-Like working for your money
-Are skilled in trading
-Have a large budget

Note that a large budget is preferred for hodl'ing as well, but if you trade with a very low budget, you're probably not gonna make a lot of money. Whilst you have made a lot of money if you just HODL'd Bitcoin from the start with just $10, you probably wouldn't be a millionaire now if you traded that $10.

I really like your analysis. They are all on point.
However some people are less chanced to go into day trading. Someone who is always engaged at work cannot perform well as a day trader. It doesn't matter if he is a skilled trader or not.
Day trading always needs reseach like you said. And you also need to follow the news.

Hence people like this are better off HODLing
Jurski

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:20:41 AM

Trading if you want money quicker, but more riskier, hodl for long term and lower risk returns.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:41:43 AM

Those who were holding bitcoin when the price was around thousand dollars made a good return and in my case i diversified my investments to some alt coins thinking i could make a good profit rather than holding bitcoin and now it was one of the biggest mistake i did as the price moved so high and the profit that i could make by holding was unparalleled.
Sumaiya55

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:53:04 AM

The only thing trading can do for you which holding cannot do is it earns you profits even when the price of Bitcoin is dropping down. I'm talking about altcoin trading ofcourse, because it is not possible to get profits in Bitcoin trading if its price is dropping.
jaenglee

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:54:13 AM

Trading if you want money quicker, but more riskier, hodl for long term and lower risk returns.
It could let to loss everything, but it not gonna happen if you HODL!
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:28:27 AM

If you suck in trading just like me and lacks patience just like me, it's better to hold coins than trading.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1217

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:46:29 AM

HODL for BTC ETH and other prospects...

First of all you should learn that posting a one-liner like that will not lead your posts to be constructive at all.
Second One does not just hold coins. Bitcoins may be good idea to hold for long term. But most altcoins are volatile and are good to sell and buyback when dumps happen. That way you can recycle your money to get more money in return.

Totally wrong concept. Trading does not mean you will make money quickly. It depends on your trading methods and what you are trading on that how much profits you will make and in how much time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
lossy

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:04:04 PM

Bitcoin now is on pump and its too rapid compare how alts are doing so I think looking on current btc progress it would be more practical to hold instead of trading instead of risking on trade which can give you huge profit but also higher risk of losing.
haywhy

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:17:40 PM

if we look at the total number of people around the world that own bitcoin (which I have no clue exactly how many people there are), the fact is that only a small percentage of those people bought and held bitcoin from below $200’s.
There’s a large majority of new people that have purchased bitcoin for the first time above $1,000 – that’s why the price went from $1k to $3k in just a few weeks. It didn’t just magically happen. People had to buy at those levels for the price to go up.
And because of human nature, people tend to buy into something when it’s hot or popular. That usually means when the price is high. And a very high percentage of those people that buy high end up panic selling when bitcoin’s price falls by 50%+ So buy and HOLD is the best
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: