Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: trading vs holding  (Read 3817 times)
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:18:23 AM

On my opinion i think you can do trading and holding at the same time. Do hold some of your bitcoin because as time passes by, its price continues to rise but with minimal fluctuations. Then trade the remaining. Buy when its price drop then sell when it goes up again even with 10-15% profit, then do it over and over to increase your bitcoin. Plan wisely and use the right strategy so you can grow it. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Invest in some good coins and forget it. You will be surprised after one or two years. Hold for the good.
Both trading and holding can give you a profit. Holding can give you a profit without doing anything but it will take time before you get you ideal profit; while trading can give you a higher profit if you have a good skill in term of trading.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:02:27 AM

Under what circumstances is trading preferred over holding?
Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.
For me its depends on the situation,
When you see that bitcoin are continue in moving up its better if you just hold your bitcoin and wait until you are satisfied with the amount.
But if the bitcoin are moves up and down,
Then its better if you do trading because by here you can earn more with just doing the best that you can.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:17:36 AM

Under what circumstances is trading preferred over holding?
Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.
For me its depends on the situation,
When you see that bitcoin are continue in moving up its better if you just hold your bitcoin and wait until you are satisfied with the amount.
But if the bitcoin are moves up and down,
Then its better if you do trading because by here you can earn more with just doing the best that you can.
Yes you are right. Another Advice again that I can do for me to earn more. It is better to sell it when I am already satisfied with the price then buy back if the price will drop.
Kr-sama

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:22:12 AM

On my opinion i think you can do trading and holding at the same time. Do hold some of your bitcoin because as time passes by, its price continues to rise but with minimal fluctuations. Then trade the remaining. Buy when its price drop then sell when it goes up again even with 10-15% profit, then do it over and over to increase your bitcoin. Plan wisely and use the right strategy so you can grow it. 
True. But it really depends on what the person wanted to do. It is based in your personal preference. I for one, prefer holding rather than trading. Even though I made some decent profits when I tried trading, I just feel like it isn't my thing. I'm not comfortable doing it. I can't handle the worries, the risks, the excitement when trading. I would rather buy some coin then hold it for a long long time. I'll just come back to it when it starts to skyrocket. Hassle free.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:29:39 AM

Both are profitable if you work smartly and choose carefully the coins to hold and have the needed skills and knowledge about trading. Actually there are some promising crypto currencies like BTC and ETH which have the most promising potential so it is better to hold them for long term.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:04:49 PM

Both are profitable if you work smartly and choose carefully the coins to hold and have the needed skills and knowledge about trading. Actually there are some promising crypto currencies like BTC and ETH which have the most promising potential so it is better to hold them for long term.
For me bitcoin better for long term holding , where other coins such as ethereum , ripple , steller lumens etc for trading.
Based on My personal analysis bitcoin still has a lot of space to grow and it cost a lot of time.
Where altcoins usually get played by people who looking for opportunity  to make money in daily basis.
Rayner77

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:08:15 PM

I'd definitely hold the top coins such as BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, etc. as they are trusted and still have a long way to go. On the other hand, I would trade volatile alt coins with a very small portion of my funds 'for fun'.
daglordjames

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:02:55 AM

for me is trading is easy and fast because you can see how much is my profit then when it comes to holding it takes a long time when do i gonna sell it.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:36:54 AM

Hodling is more preferable for me. I've discovered that whenever I trade my coins because I think I've gotten sufficient gain, the price would just soar such that I begin to regret my decision. So I decided the I would divide my portfolio into two: one for trading an the other for holding. And it has been working for me. Literally, my profit grows daily.

That’s true, sometimes, trading is like a bad decision cause you might investing at the wrong time when you’re supposed to be HOLDING. I prefer Holding too, cause I have made lots and lots of profits more than I can ever make from trading by just trading.

Whenever price is going up steadily, I stop trading and just leave my Bitcoins in my wallet, but when it becomes stable, I start trading to increase what I have.
Aditya1011

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:06:32 AM

The goal of most investors generally is to buy low and sell high. This can result in two quite different approaches to equity investing.

One approach is described as "trading." Trading involves following the short-term price fluctuations of different stocks closely and then trying to buy low and sell high. Traders usually decide ahead of time the percentage increase they're looking for before you sell (or decrease before they buy).

While trading has tremendous potential for immediate rewards, it also involves a fair share of risk because a stock may not recover from a downswing within the time frame you'd like—and may in fact drop further in price. In addition, frequent trading can be expensive, since every time you buy and sell, you may pay broker's fees for the transaction. Also, if you sell a stock that you haven't held for a year or more, any profits you make are taxed at the same rate as your regular income, not at your lower tax rate for long-term capital gains.

Be aware that trading should not be confused with "day trading," which is the rapid buying and selling of stock to capitalize on small price changes. Day trading can be extremely risky, especially if you attempt to day trade using borrowed money. Individual investors frequently lose money by trying to use this approach.

A very different investing strategy—called buy-and-hold—involves keeping an investment over an extended period, anticipating that the price will rise over time. While buy-and-hold reduces the money you pay in transaction fees and short-term capital gains taxes, it requires patience and careful decision-making. As a buy-and-hold investor, you generally choose stocks based on a company's long-term business prospects. Increases in the stock price over years tend to be based less on the volatile nature of the market's changing demands and more on what's known as the company's fundamentals, such as its earnings and sales, the expertise and vision of its management, the fortunes of its industry, and its position in that industry.

Buy-and-hold investors still need to take price fluctuations into account, and they must pay attention to the stock's ongoing performance. Naturally, the price at which you buy a stock directly affects the potential profits you'll make from its sale. So it makes sense to buy the stock at a price you believe is reasonable. While you hold the stock, it's also important to watch for signs that your investment isn't going the direction you planned—for example, if the company regularly misses its earnings targets, or if developments in the industry turn bleaker.

Sometimes you'll decide, after reviewing the company's fundamentals, that it's worthwhile to ride out a slump in price and wait for a stock to recover. Other times, you may decide you'll have better returns if you sell your holding and invest elsewhere. Either way, it's important to stay on top of the stocks you own by paying attention to news that could affect their value.
inskraer

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:39:38 AM

BTC is always better to hold and to wait when price goes upwards. not miss moment when he be on the peak in order sell
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:42:08 AM

BTC is always better to hold and to wait when price goes upwards. not miss moment when he be on the peak in order sell
For now seems the price is not really going up, it cannot sustain the trend and it has stable at $10,000.
At least we are not seeing it down anymore, from here we will go to the moon so this time where the price is stable gives a chance to buy more.
When the price starts to be in bullish trend, I would borrow money to buy and sell for an easy profit.

Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:18:45 PM

For now seems the price is not really going up, it cannot sustain the trend and it has stable at $10,000.
At least we are not seeing it down anymore, from here we will go to the moon so this time where the price is stable gives a chance to buy more.
When the price starts to be in bullish trend, I would borrow money to buy and sell for an easy profit.
Actually, I think that today the market is unstable, but when it comes back to normal, no one can accurately predict. hope for some opportunities in the near future, I believe that they do not make sense. Therefore, I transferred my funds from Bitcoin to more reliable coins.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:30:38 PM

I think i will still prefer more to trade rather than just hodling because i feel more secure and have more power in trading because i can earn alot from it, but in holding it's a long term.
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:41:03 PM

Trading is such a full time and attentive job,Being successful in trading need skills to predict the market and take right decisions.Holding is risky if you didn't protect the funds with strong security tools,holding with patience lead good profit.Can select according to skills and schedule which one best for you wither trading or holding.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:08:02 PM

Trading is an important way in bitcoin earnings and a trading people’s should definitely have a good patience level it will help a lot to earn more profits than normal traders so patience is very important for trader.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:44:06 PM

Some of the experiences gathered myself!
3 MISSING BASIC MUSIC 90% TRADER DOUBLE FAVORITE

This is a typical story that you can catch a lot on the investment market. The person who just last month showed you a 100% profit, maybe hunger for Margin. People may be excited about the plan to buy a home, buy a car, suddenly lamented by the team's steering. Despite the lack of accurate statistics, it is estimated that only 5% of market participants achieve the goal. I find that we often make the following mistakes when entering the market:

Easy to target with your own.

Vietnam Holding is an average investment fund with an average annual return of 34% over the past five years, just as long as they have become one of the best foreign funds in the market.

Meanwhile, we act like wild blooded wolves, always want to increase profits quickly. That means that what we need is long-term interests, but short-term. You enter the market, buy with 2% target will sell, but ... 2% "wait? ", 3%" are still up ". Finally, a red column appeared, prices plummeted, rushed to the "1% interest margin is also" ... do not match. You sweat "re-collection root right away, no interest" ... still does not match. Finally cut the hole 5%.

In fact, I have a guy you are familiar with holding a billion. Do you know how it used 1 billion buy XRP, buy 14H20 at 18H profit up to 30%. Out of 300 million is 2 years to work "sweat boiling tears of it," but pinned. The next morning the god of death appeared, the price "dropped as fast as pants". At that time the acquaintance reclaimed money, summing up losses of 200 million.

Eat enough, reach the target, do not greed and then hug.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:48:28 PM

I think i will still prefer more to trade rather than just hodling because i feel more secure and have more power in trading because i can earn alot from it, but in holding it's a long term.
for safety we believe that holding are some of the best thing that we can used for and take for that cause we all know that this is may also look so hard at first but in trading you have to face every risk of it on how you are able to make some money on it.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
cryptoekn

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 07:34:51 PM

it will always depend on your risk appetite, risk reward ratio. the riskier, the greater profit you'll have, the more conservative, let you gain the typical. a good position in trading, you can take away more than 50% profit in a single day, that's a good sum of money compared on sitting and holding.
however, if you are not the typical person who can monitor every single move of the market, then you can still make profit with holding, just do not expect much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: