Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: trading vs holding  (Read 3817 times)
zapata

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:50:25 PM

If you have a short-term target then in such volatile period, I would recommend trading in short as well as the long way in order to earn the profit in rising as well as falling market environment. I do a lot of trading, but sometimes it seems as though it would be just as good to buy and hold
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:34:18 AM

Between trading vs. holding is an option, which should be decided before you invest further into the cryptocurrency.
The reason is one, you want maximum profit is not it?
Maximum profit is the dream of all investors, but you must be smart in deciding to invest.
Let's look at the following article:
1. https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@finesse/trading-vs-holding
2. https://medium.com/@whatbitcoindid/hold-trading-my-highly-profitable-crypto-trading-strategy-ed8f23f38fe8

How? do you have a decision to choose between trading and holding?
you should start counting mathematically and then see your potential.

okay, good luck.

I think someone decides to be trading or holding is after he tries something in the market. and when he is stuck in the one price meanwhile the price is down, this will push him to be a holder and he will forget to sell his coin because he knows that if he sells his coin, he never make a profit at all.

everyone wants to make a maximum profit but we should know every situation in the market so we can be able to make that profit and of course, if we have good skills, we can try to always make a profit.

but for me, it is better to hold the coin for a long time because it always works at least for me Grin but I still do a trade too like other people. and I think we don't have to calculate to know how much the potential if we hold the coin. I think it is enough if after we buy the coin, we only hold without selling for some high range of price.

I like the article you share and it could be a good guide for every people which want to decide to be a trader or holder. thank you very much for this.cheers.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Aryancesarr

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:58:29 AM

If you have a short-term target then in such volatile period, I would recommend trading in short as well as the long way in order to earn the profit in rising as well as falling market environment. I do a lot of trading, but sometimes it seems as though it would be just as good to buy and hold

Short are too risky for untrained trader. I would recommend to hold until the price will fit your plan.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

Under what circumstances is trading preferred over holding?
Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.

First off, if you have a vast collection of coins to trade for. I think if your portfolio only consists of a few coins, and also, if the number of your coins are not that substantial, then it would be hard for you to venture in trading because you can't actively trade as much as you can, and thus, you can't maximize how much you could actually earn. Also, I think one important factor is your knowledge on how the market works. Unfortunately, this aspect has been usually overlooked because people try to wing it and believe that they will strike it rich and be successful.

pou3197074235

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:13:41 AM

Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.

Encryption currency trading is I think very good investment approach, because we can earn enough money in time and deal, as long as we buy when prices fall, prices when selling, we will complete the capital accumulation, everyone can get profit.

There are a lot of uncertainties over the long term, and maybe one year or two years later, you can have a coin that can grow several times or dozens of times, and it could be zero.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:19:51 AM

Bitcoin price is unpredictable in which unlike the other coins they should have product or commodities to represent in order for their coins to rise up the value or become stable which is predictable. Unlike Bitcoin there is no product but only it will depend upon the Big trust from the people and that is why we could not tell when it will going to rise up. I preferred to trade my Bitcoin the 50% earnings from my former capital and to hold the other 50% because this value is already huge and might lost it again if another dip will take place.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:24:21 AM

For me, when the price is going down then the most suitable time for trading. in this purpose, you have to take some risky decision regarding this issue. not only that but also Bitcoin trading is much more profitable than holding. Suppose you are holding some Bitcoin then you can enjoy the price rising but when the price is going down then you suffer also losses. but in the trading platform, You can enjoy always profit if you can manage your every step based on the practical and realistic information. So trading requires a lot of tactics and experiences then you could make a better result from here.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:33:46 AM

For me, when the price is going down then the most suitable time for trading. in this purpose, you have to take some risky decision regarding this issue. not only that but also Bitcoin trading is much more profitable than holding. Suppose you are holding some Bitcoin then you can enjoy the price rising but when the price is going down then you suffer also losses. but in the trading platform, You can enjoy always profit if you can manage your every step based on the practical and realistic information. So trading requires a lot of tactics and experiences then you could make a better result from here.

I do agree with you. Trading is more profitable than holding. In trading, you have a high chance of earning huge profit if and only your strategy is effective. You can avoid losses in trading, but it's way more risky than holding. Although you can earn huge profit in trading, still there is also a high chance of losing huge profit if you don't know what you're doing.
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:41:15 AM

In my opinion, with Bitcoin, you should not prepare anystrategy. Just buying it and holding in the long time. You will get huge profit
Obviously if we're going to find bigger profit we must go for holding for long term but its unpredictable. Whereas in trading we can have as the demand high. Easy profit yet small but sure. Just a matter of how you do it well.

zakirazak

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

I chose both according to the statistics for the progress of widening the size of the investment and profits over in short and long term.
Measuring back on trading needs only involves the primary source (digital daily currency) while for altcoin and token in support sources
depends on the liquidity and momentum on their market sentiments either to make extra or sell on the whole.
thereby holding the primary source and is trading at the support sources

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:05:04 PM

I do agree with you. Trading is more profitable than holding. In trading, you have a high chance of earning huge profit if and only your strategy is effective. You can avoid losses in trading, but it's way more risky than holding. Although you can earn huge profit in trading, still there is also a high chance of losing huge profit if you don't know what you're doing.
Yeah that vary person to person. There are some people who prefer to go for bitcoin trading where market is keenly observed. Good rates of buying and selling are marked and then according to plan they move forward. But some people exhibits best qualities to hold where patience and calmness help them to increase the value of their coins. They don’t sell at panic.
Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:11:26 PM

If it falls - holding
If it grows - holding)
Jumps - trading.
It is necessary to look at the circumstances.
But it depends on you!

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
btcminer6212

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:06:03 PM

If you are a day trader than first if all you should have to choose good coins and then you should not have to sell in loss. sometimes it seems as though it would be just as good to buy and hold. If the price goes up and you sell to buy back later, sometimes the price just keeps going up and you miss out on those gains. if you know how to manage your investment then you can gain much profits.
666#666

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:35:11 AM

Exchanging with crypto is more unpredictable contrasted with other type of exchanging however here it's more productive since the market

is getting greater and we are still in the beginning time. Dominant part would encourage to hold as the selection proceeds with which will just make the incentive to rise.
gudrun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:37:59 PM

I firmly believe that at the moment you need to exit the market waiting for it to recover and there is a clear trend. It can be seen that the market in recent days is fluctuating continuously and extremely complex. Bitcoin prices and altcoin are constantly falling, so the trade will be very dangerous this time, the risk will be very high.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:49:27 AM

I would like to answer this post, Trading or investing we need to choose anyone which gives us good returns or trading which can give us value to our investment. Investing is preferred when the particular trading coin is smooth in volatile and momentum otherwise it is advisable to go for trading when the   the coin is moving with high volatile when trending and no volatile movements are seen when there is no trend. Every trader has different trading style some prefer short-term trading and other prefer investing.
I myself depend on market conditions, when the market situation is very volatile and tends to decline as it is today. I prefer to hold, if you impose trading, its will be very risky, because the downward trend that occurred but that does not mean there is no profit now, I just want to avoid the big risk by holding back longer
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:11:00 AM

Both have advantages and disadvantages . Doing Holding in a long time can bring profits and also bring losses. While trading is risky too, when we make the wrong decision then we will experience a big loss. Yes everything we do will definitely have results, as long as we focus and do the best then we will produce the best too.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:51:22 AM

Short are too risky for untrained trader. I would recommend to hold until the price will fit your plan.

I agree that if you want become a trader you need to gain more knowledge to handle the risk. But actually even if you are Hodler they have a risk also because they have up's and down and sometimes you lose your money.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:41:36 AM

but for now, I think it is too risky to still do trading because every altcoin is got down and we don't have a good chance to make a profit without waiting for the price increase back. but maybe we can buy another amount in bitcoin or altcoin because every coin is down so we can buy at the lower price while we still have a chance to wait for the price increase so we can sell it later. I think in this situation, it is better to still hold our coin until the price gets to increase again.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
sttsss

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:54:23 AM

The simplest solution is to do both, set aside a small fraction for trading, around 20% of your total investment and use that for trading, and hold the rest.

Great choice
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: