Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 08:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs. Gold Prices  (Read 2296 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

Well it depends upon the situation , for my own opinion, bitcoin is now most expensive than gold, because bitcoin is very expensive and very securr unlike gold, it can be easily stole.

besides that, we don't have to worry how to safe bitcoin, as long as we can keep our private keys then we are safe. and now, bitcoin price increases higher although it is not as much higher in the last December, but it still more expensive than the gold. we have two type investment today which is bitcoin and gold and we can invest our money in both bitcoin and gold.

Yes, even Goldman Sachs agrees that Bitcoin holds advantages over gold for moving and storing.  But the same report puts gold at an advantage on basically everything else.

To me the biggest threat to Bitcoin is altcoins, since there can be an unlimited number of coins, among all altcoins.  Gold is secured by physics, not by code and data as cryptos are.
Altcoins are indeed a threat for bitcoin because that is where the replacement for bitcoin will come in the future. Altcoins are having more and more better features and specifications and if the people really find an altcoin that is literally better than bitcoin then it will be just easy as pie for that altcoin to replace bitcoin.
bicyclebiff6

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:49:35 PM

Bitcoins are better if used tactically and if we could spend quality time on it. Otherwise go for gold investment both of them are good
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:56:20 AM

For me I am gonna support the investment in btcs because btcs can make us rich in a moment Wink and that's exactly what I want
If we make a comparison in between the market prices of bitcoin and that of gold only, then we will get to know that it is the market prices of bitcoin which are far more than that of gold and that they are also increasing at a very rapid rate. The price of gold is very much stable since long and that it is not helping its investors in making of any significant amount of money as well. You need to think well and make a smart decision.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:07:58 AM

For me I am gonna support the investment in btcs because btcs can make us rich in a moment Wink and that's exactly what I want
If we make a comparison in between the market prices of bitcoin and that of gold only, then we will get to know that it is the market prices of bitcoin which are far more than that of gold and that they are also increasing at a very rapid rate. The price of gold is very much stable since long and that it is not helping its investors in making of any significant amount of money as well. You need to think well and make a smart decision.
may take advantage in terms of buying and selling, bitcoin still has a much better advantage than gold, because you can do it instantly and quickly. while gold, so much to think about before serving. but, in terms of price, gold might be better.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Lamborgini

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 06:37:35 AM

Bitcoin Prices and Gold Prices are certainly very different at all. If the price of Bitcoin up and down very quickly. While the price of Gold increment is not like Bitcoin, it must take a long time.
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:41:11 AM

Every currency have their own importance and for us the bitcoin is important than Gold and with the bitcoin gold is not connected but the paper money is directly attached with the gold availability and the usage of this currency will high in the future. And the gold is good for the physically existed currency and those who have this currency they can better than those who have gold.

zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:52:07 AM

Well it depends upon the situation , for my own opinion, bitcoin is now most expensive than gold, because bitcoin is very expensive and very securr unlike gold, it can be easily stole.

besides that, we don't have to worry how to safe bitcoin, as long as we can keep our private keys then we are safe. and now, bitcoin price increases higher although it is not as much higher in the last December, but it still more expensive than the gold. we have two type investment today which is bitcoin and gold and we can invest our money in both bitcoin and gold.

Yes, even Goldman Sachs agrees that Bitcoin holds advantages over gold for moving and storing.  But the same report puts gold at an advantage on basically everything else.

To me the biggest threat to Bitcoin is altcoins, since there can be an unlimited number of coins, among all altcoins.  Gold is secured by physics, not by code and data as cryptos are.
Altcoins are indeed a threat for bitcoin because that is where the replacement for bitcoin will come in the future. Altcoins are having more and more better features and specifications and if the people really find an altcoin that is literally better than bitcoin then it will be just easy as pie for that altcoin to replace bitcoin.
Altcoins are no doubt doing very well and that most of the traders are trading in these coins but still you can’t deny the importance of the bitcoin and the name which bitcoin has in the world of crypto currencies.

I don’t really think so that bitcoin can be beaten by any of the crypto currency in the future as well because the way it is performing is too good and above all, it is also helping its investors in making of more money as well.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

Altcoins are no doubt doing very well and that most of the traders are trading in these coins but still you can’t deny the importance of the bitcoin and the name which bitcoin has in the world of crypto currencies.

I don’t really think so that bitcoin can be beaten by any of the crypto currency in the future as well because the way it is performing is too good and above all, it is also helping its investors in making of more money as well.
Just think about the other altcoins that have a better project and target for their coin in the future and for me, that is enough to speculate if bitcoin will have a good future in the long term or it will get replace by another altcoin which can be better than bitcoin because people wants the best and they will not settle with bitcoin if there is better.
Rrotess

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:25:10 PM

bitcoin compared to the current price of gold is really very different, bitcoin price reached nearly $ 13k times more than the current price.
Yeah its true in terms of price makes me think that bitcoin was more in demand that gold.And yes bitcoin and gold was precoius but on how bitcoin can change us was so amazed of me.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

Personally, I don't see any real links between gold and fiat these days. You say that fiat is a rolling devaluation against gold but I don't see how gold is particularly different from anything else, for example, crude oil. What about petrodollar after all, huh? Fiat is depreciating against everything which is anything in terms of value. Apart from that, I don't really feel you can so easily equal gold and crypto. The latter is more like fiat because they share the same trait or fault, lack of inherent value. The recent magnitude 10.0 cryptoquakes that shook the market unequivocally proved that thing, end of story.

"Rolling devaluation" is different from simple inflation in the price of everything else, in that the price of gold is suppressed by the elites through derivative trading most of the time, but must be allowed to rise dramatically during times of financial stress.  This is in effect no different from the gold standard, but with frequent devaluations.  (Suppressing gold appreciation against state money was the real purpose of the gold standard.)  The visible difference between devaluation and inflation is that devaluations were always denied strongly beforehand and implemented overnight, and that the gold price would stay the same for a long time afterwards.

This is an old story about gold being negatively affected by paper gold. There are enough perfectly viable arguments that support the view that paper gold actually props up the value of the real one. If anything, gold derivatives add to speculation, but speculation attracts people looking for easy money. Obviously, gold prices are set to rise under these circumstances. Just like it happens with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

'Inherent value' is highly misleading, because even gold doesn't have enough 'real' use to justify its current value.  The monetary value of anything is always subject to convention and crowd psychology.  (Because money is ultimately just a protocol.)  The elites have a lot of power because of this, BTW, but that power has been spent by issuing money and debt to benefit previous elites.

This is another point which has already been beaten to death many times. Obviously, nothing has intrinsic or inherent value since all value is subjective. The problem is gold is valued by people through generations, and this value is not susceptible to overnight devaluation, the thing which we have all learned too well with Bitcoin.
tenu

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 07:27:38 AM

I think that bitcoin is more reliable than gold - you can transfer it from one country to another without any customs problems. Bitcoin, the heavyweight of the cryptocurrency world, has billed itself as digital gold. Bitcoin is, after all, far more volatile than gold, and still relatively unknown compared to other investment assets. Gold, on the other hand, is well established with institutional investors and has quite a bit of liquidity.
Hell-raiser

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:30:38 AM

I think that bitcoin is more reliable than gold - you can transfer it from one country to another without any customs problems. Bitcoin, the heavyweight of the cryptocurrency world, has billed itself as digital gold. Bitcoin is, after all, far more volatile than gold, and still relatively unknown compared to other investment assets. Gold, on the other hand, is well established with institutional investors and has quite a bit of liquidity.

Yes, Bitcoin is by far more volatile than gold, and, to tell the truth, it is more volatile than any commodity out there. So I don't really think it, or any other cryptocurrency for that matter, can be billed as gold. In fact, it is anything but gold or digital gold because gold is the standard of value, a point of reference if you please. Bitcoin is at the other end of the range. It is amusing to see and hear when people male some analogies. I expected that after Bitcoin had lost half of its value within a month, there will be no more such nonsense, but to no avail.
nguli

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:43:49 AM

no matter how I will still support bitcoin and will always play bitcoin because I believe the bitcoin price will be more expensive than gold.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

bitcoin compared to the current price of gold is really very different, bitcoin price reached nearly $ 13k times more than the current price.
Yeah its true in terms of price makes me think that bitcoin was more in demand that gold.And yes bitcoin and gold was precoius but on how bitcoin can change us was so amazed of me.
Well for me they are not same at all, as bitcoin is much more better than GOLD now, people trust BITCOIN more than gold they want to invest in bitcoin as it is new technology and people know that BITCOIN will increase in future so they are investing happily on the other hand investing in GOLD is useless as it is now an old fashioned investment that only spoil your money, once you invest in gold you will realize what huge mistake you have done, so I am totally in favor of bitcoin for investment.
Hell-raiser

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:27:59 AM

Well for me they are not same at all, as bitcoin is much more better than GOLD now, people trust BITCOIN more than gold they want to invest in bitcoin as it is new technology and people know that BITCOIN will increase in future so they are investing happily on the other hand investing in GOLD is useless as it is now an old fashioned investment that only spoil your money, once you invest in gold you will realize what huge mistake you have done, so I am totally in favor of bitcoin for investment.

Do you really believe in that? People invest in gold specifically to save their money. How on Earth can investing in gold spoil it? So far it was Bitcoin that not only "spoiled" the money of him who invested at the top, but likely ruined their lives too. What are you going to tell all these people who lost thousands of dollars? That they should trust Bitcoin more than anything else? But trust is not built through words, so imagine how ludicrous and injuring your words would be to them.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:29:12 PM

The last time I did this analysis, gold was a thousand times more expensive than Bitcoin, if we compare the same proportions of total supply.  By now, Bitcoin has risen 30-fold, and so gold is only 30 times more expensive.

Of course, I was roundly dismissed for speculating Bitcoin could get anywhere near a six-figure price in dollars.  If I was criticized for being too bullish on Bitcoin, today I might be seen as too bullish on gold.

How to answer the question -- where to from here?  As I wrote recently, gold is objectively a better money for securing savers' freedom from governments and central banks.  So, if the long-term price ratio is 10 to 1 in favor of gold, Bitcoin can still go up 3 times.  It'd still be a great return by the standards of any asset, but Bitcoin is not quite as compelling as it used to be.

Especially, many early owners of Bitcoin, now flush with capital, who are also sympathetic to gold, might decide to sell some Bitcoin and buy gold at these prices.

We have to be careful here.  This entire analysis was based on the (pretty common) assumption that governments and central banks have nothing to do with gold and Bitcoin prices, and that the future of Bitcoin is to be another limited-supply monetary asset like gold, but at an appropriate relative price.  (The reality, at least with gold prices, is of course the opposite.)

So, the real question is what the Western elites want (and what China and Russia want, if they're able to counter the West in the field of monetary engineering.)  If Western debt levels and resulting economic/social/political problems are so bad that the elites have decided to use cryptocurrency to effect a reset of the entire system, to effectively wipe out their debt and start afresh, as just after World War II, then the sky is the limit for Bitcoin and cryptos.

If, on the other hand, the Western elites are only preparing for such a reset by taking advantage of cheap crypto prices so far, then we have to watch the relative price to gold.  The rise of Bitcoin, so far, is consistent with this scenario too.  From here on, our thinking might have to change.

For the answer to that question, watch the news closely for the signs!
I know bitcoin has gained a huge amount of popularity among the people throughout the world and its popularity is further increasing day by day. Also it has lead  to increase users throughout the world because of which bitcoins demand has increased a lot. Bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of prices but still I don’t think that bitcoin will be able to replace gold because firstly, gold is way more popular than bitcoin And gold is a stable form of currency where as bitcoin is not stable form of currency. The gold is excepted everywhere whereas between is not excepted everywhere.
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:41:22 PM

gold is better than gold by holding for too long i think 5000 yers lol but in if you want in short time or 5 or 10 years go for bitcoin or do short trading because bitcoin is more good than goood if we talk about profit you can get more profit here by investing in bitcoin or some altcoins that gives to all a agood amount of btc or you can convert it into real money.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:57:45 AM

may take advantage in terms of buying and selling, bitcoin still has a much better advantage than gold, because you can do it instantly and quickly. while gold, so much to think about before serving. but, in terms of price, gold might be better.
Far more than gold. So far, I am sure a lot of us have seen how bitcoin has really ushered in a lot of opportunity over the years and despite all attack from different angles, bitcoin has been doing pretty good.

None of us know what the future holds for anything, but investing in bitcoin so far is a risk worth taking than gold. Gold is not even that risky anyway considering it is an asset you can sleep and forget about, but still I prefer to go with a new technology that is changing a lot of things, which as a part of the early adopters, I stand to gain much.
Hell-raiser

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:46:15 PM

None of us know what the future holds for anything, but investing in bitcoin so far is a risk worth taking than gold. Gold is not even that risky anyway considering it is an asset you can sleep and forget about, but still I prefer to go with a new technology that is changing a lot of things, which as a part of the early adopters, I stand to gain much.

It has been explained multiple times already but it is always worth repeating. People investing in Bitcoin and people investing in gold are two different groups of people, two very separate cohorts of investors. Folks investing in Bitcoin are looking for high profits and they are ready to accept the high risks inseparable from such investments. On the other hand, gold investors (so-called gold bugs) are not looking so much for profits as for saving their wealth and capital from depreciation and devaluation over time.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:12:13 PM

It has been explained multiple times already but it is always worth repeating. People investing in Bitcoin and people investing in gold are two different groups of people, two very separate cohorts of investors. Folks investing in Bitcoin are looking for high profits and they are ready to accept the high risks inseparable from such investments. On the other hand, gold investors (so-called gold bugs) are not looking so much for profits as for saving their wealth and capital from depreciation and devaluation over time.
Bitcoin is now the most popular coin in all over the world because of the big profit returns . Gold is considered a good investment transaction that takes less risks but slight in value. Bitcoin is much better because we can earn good moneys without investing any value ,people are usually has an advantages on bitcoin because of the opprtunities they developed like signature campaign. Bitcoin is high in risk but eventually useful in everything. So far for now bitcoin has a good investment method than  gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: