Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions on improving the forum  (Read 1722 times)
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:43:40 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 05:09:46 AM by zackclark70

we really could do with a thumbs up/down button on each post the more thumbs down you get the less frequently you can post

have thumbs up as +1 and thumbs down as -2 the higher your score the more you can post the lower your score the less you can post

and can we have something better than this junk > Cry Kiss Undecided Lips sealed Embarrassed Tongue Roll Eyes Huh Cool Shocked

I would also ask that the forum rules are updated and enforced I am all for freedom of speech but its getting ridiculous

we need a system of reporting suspected scammers not just scammers even if after 10 people click a suspected scam button it warns at the top of the page that it is a suspected scam be warned

abuse of the trust system I have seen noobs that are trying to sell / trade being given negative feedback saying that they could be scamming
I can see why it is being done but its scaring of the new people from the forum

can we make a new rule that you have to have a positive trust rating before you can ask for a loan all loan request without positive feedback will be deleted

we need a list available to everyone of all confirmed scammers  and call it the wall of shame

I will be adding more here when I get time  Smiley

thanks for your time

zack

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:03:06 AM

we really could do with a thumbs up/down button on each post the more thumbs down you get the less frequently you can post

have thumbs up as +1 and thumbs down as -2 the higher your score the more you can post the lower your score the less you can post

Sure. BTW, and totally unrelated, I am offering a post rating manipulation service.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:22:20 AM

Great idea! Let's silence people with dissenting opinions!

we need a system of reporting suspected scammers not just scammers even if after 10 people click a suspected scam button it warns at the top of the page that it is a suspected scam be warned

We do have a system. It's called the trust system. Yes, it's imperfect, but it's better than only the mods being able to hand out scammer tags.

can we make a new rule that you have to have a positive trust rating before you can ask for a loan all loan request without positive feedback will be deleted

So, to get a positive trust rating, you need to ask for a loan and repay it, but you need a positive trust rating to ask for a loan... See the problem here?

have you not seen a lot of people on here have positive trust for no reason what so ever ?

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:25:48 AM

1. Learn how the trust system works
2. Realize you can't complain

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:36:50 AM

are you blind ? the forum is a mess full of scammers spam and sock puppets and the moderators don't seam to bothered at all

the current system is rewarding people that have been scamming the longest

I have even seen people offering to sell admin accounts !!   

we need to sort out the forum its a complete mess and it is not helping the image of crypto this forum is only 3rd down if I search bitcoin on Google

greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:37:42 AM

Clearly you're new here.

You should probably go ahead and get your own forum full of rules and laws and stuff.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:40:27 AM

so you like all the scamming and spam ? I am guessing you don't look in the alt coin section ?

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:46:55 AM

Trust != activity

Lol gtfo pics or it didn't happen

so you like all the scamming and spam ? I am guessing you don't look in the alt coin section ?
The altcoin forum should be deleted. It's like the Bitcoin far-west.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:52:28 AM

Of course I like it. It's my sole reason for being here. You couldn't get this much entertainment if you paid for it.

Watching hare-brained schemes go up in flames. Seeing insurances financing themselves by buying exactly the risky investment they're insuring against. Currency exchanges run by 17 years olds getting hacked by Chinese millionaire relic hunter über hackers. Victims vocally defending their very scammers to the last breath. Scammers attacking scammers attacking scammers in the trust system. Two men "companies" handing out cargo cult titles. "Businesses" lying and insulting their "customers". Witnessing how a simple transaction protocoll gets transformed into religion.

It's a trainwreck full of burning, dying people who yell at you to stop touching them, when you try to pull them out. It's a sinking ship where people will not board the lifeboats because they "are gonna make it if we just keep holding on and don't stop believing". It's the perfect delusion and the perfect comedy.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:54:42 AM

Of course I like it. It's my sole reason for being here. You couldn't get this much entertainment if you paid for it.

Watching hare-brained schemes go up in flames. Seeing insurances financing themselves by buying exactly the risky investment they're insuring against. Currency exchanges run by 17 years olds getting hacked by Chinese millionaire relic hunter über hackers. Victims vocally defending their very scammers to the last breath. Scammers attacking scammers attacking scammers in the trust system. Two men "companies" handing out cargo cult titles. "Businesses" lying and insulting their "customers". Witnessing how a simple transaction protocoll gets transformed into religion.

It's a trainwreck full of burning, dying people who yell at you to stop touching them, when you try to pull them out. It's a sinking ship where people will not board the lifeboats because they "are gonna make it if we just keep holding on and don't stop believing". It's the perfect delusion and the perfect comedy.
I never realized how close to a religion it is

greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:57:56 AM

I never realized how close to a religion it is

There's been a few threads in "Bitcoin Discussion" that are downright scary. Pure cult-speak.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:02:12 PM

Trust != activity

Lol gtfo pics or it didn't happen

The altcoin forum should be deleted. It's like the Bitcoin far-west.

if you take some time and read the altcoin sub forum you will find a lot of reasons why you should be supporting altcoins yes there is loads of crap there that's what im trying to get sorted out on the forum

xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:06:57 PM

I like the thumbs up idea. That could save a lot of replies with quotes and only +1 added.
greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:12:24 PM

Oh, btw I DO concur about the altcoins forum needing to be euthanized. The scammers there are uncreative and boring and comedy value is subpar.

Besides that one guy who core breached about his 10 second block time coin. That one was pretty lulzy.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:16:19 PM

I have started a poll in the altcoin section wether we start to have sub sections will post link here >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248327.0

greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:19:05 PM

I have started a poll in the altcoin section wether we start to have sub sections

This is BitcoinTalk. The only thing the altcoin section needs is a fiery death. It binds way to much resources that would be better spent getting scammed elsewhere.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 12:20:14 PM

I have started a poll in the altcoin section wether we start to have sub sections

This is BitcoinTalk. The only thing the altcoin section needs is a fiery death.

it can't hurt IMO. If you don't want to see the trash section, put it on ignore.

greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:22:16 PM

This is BitcoinTalk. The only thing the altcoin section needs is a fiery death.

it can't hurt IMO. If you don't want to see the trash section, put it on ignore.

It spills over into the schools and churches, the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end you'll beg me to save you.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:26:04 PM

This is BitcoinTalk. The only thing the altcoin section needs is a fiery death. It binds way to much resources that would be better spent getting scammed elsewhere.

I am sorry to tell you this but altcoins will have a bigger future than bitcoin yes bitcoin was the first but doesn't mean its the best

if you did away with the altcoin section the forum would lose 90% of the people gpu mining

greyhawk

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:29:07 PM

if you did away with the altcoin section the forum would lose 90% of the people gpu mining

They're poors. A bunch of pretentious young men playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: