Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48996 times)
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:26:54 PM

I just got the email from the mailing list and it says that October 8th will be your "launch date". What does that mean? Can I preorder then or is that when this ships? If that's when it ships, when can I start ordering?

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 10:37:18 PM

I just got the email from the mailing list and it says that October 8th will be your "launch date". What does that mean? Can I preorder then or is that when this ships? If that's when it ships, when can I start ordering?

It's the 10th of August if you've received the email. You should be able to start reserving your order once we've published all the details.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:38:49 AM

Niiice!, I cant afford anything like a Saturn, It really sucks being poor

get in on a group buy then
Not quite comfortable owning shares on hardware

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:20:35 AM

Product delivery time?

It's the 10th of August if you've received the email. You should be able to start reserving your order once we've published all the details.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:47:21 AM

"pay on delivery"

I like that, I may be a customer!

I am patiently awaiting information on your product line!
qnosh

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:52:37 AM

interesting and mark!
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 06:22:22 AM

"pay on delivery"

+ !!!!   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:28:04 AM

"pay on delivery"

+ !!!!    

YES Finally an ethical person who will only sells when he HAS STOCKS. That is awesome and he will also sells them at an affordable price.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:41:59 AM

How do you reserve an order? That doesn't require payment, correct? I rem you stating you're funding yourself to the point of having product ready for sale without pre-order.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:43:54 AM

"pay on delivery"

+ !!!!    

YES Finally an ethical person who will only sells when he HAS STOCKS. That is awesome and he will also sells them at an affordable price.

There are ethical people running pre-orders as well, but x-crowd will have done something quite impressive if they have secured funding to fully cover NRE and production, which will obviously make people happy, esp. understandably, those prev. burnt with bASIC, BFL and Avalon.

I cannot help but think they, or whoever is funding them is assuming massive massive risk, that may not workout for many reasons due to unknowns that could occur long the way. As much as people are justified in feeling skeptical over pre-orders, they are distributing the risk amongst all involved.

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:22:26 PM

How do you reserve an order? That doesn't require payment, correct? I rem you stating you're funding yourself to the point of having product ready for sale without pre-order.

You would be able to reserve your order through our website with just your delivery details but to complete the order you will need to set up an escrow deposit with either John K or Escrow.com (We won't have access to the funds until after a confirmed delivery).

John will be publishing a public address for all sub $1,000 orders and we will be sending out a set of clear instructions on the steps. We will be publishing the details and terms on the 10th and it will be followed up with a more comprehensive FAQ section here and on xcrowd.co.uk.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:31:06 PM

You would be able to reserve your order through our website with just your delivery details but to complete the order you will need to set up an escrow deposit with either John K or Escrow.com (We won't have access to the funds until after a confirmed delivery).

John will be publishing a public address for all sub $1,000 orders and we will be sending out a set of clear instructions on the steps. We will be publishing the details and terms on the 10th and it will be followed up with a more comprehensive FAQ section here and on xcrowd.co.uk.

So there is pre-ordering, but it's protected?

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:38:42 PM

Indeed. With an automatic refund on delays. The terms will be simple and end user friendly. Using multi-sig escrows you won't even need us to approve an escrow release/refund.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:43:09 PM

Indeed. With an automatic refund on delays. The terms will be simple and end user friendly. Using multi-sig escrows you won't even need us to approve an escrow release/refund.

::thumbs up::

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:46:22 PM

So John will provide escrow only for sub $1000 orders? Why is that? Why not for bigger orders too?

Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:51:59 PM

xCrowd, when you start delivering?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:52:38 PM

Nice, anticipating more info!
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:52:51 PM

So John will provide escrow only for sub $1000 orders? Why is that? Why not for bigger orders too?
    +1!
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:55:44 PM

+1!

Risk dude, x-crowd are an unknown entity, with no experience in either FPGA, ASIC, or IC design, and no previous proof of either ability, or delivery of a product.

John's not going to put his neck on the line for this, so this is a compromise.

If they succeed, no doubt their limit will increase.

John is reputed to be a stand-up guy and a lot of people have good things to say about his escrow service and reputation, but personally I only feel safe paying by credit-card with consumer protection in place. X-crowd are based in the UK, there is very strong consumer protection rules in place here in the UK if you use traditional payment methods, but not Bitcoin.

Still presumably x-crowd don't receive a penny until everyone is happy with their goods via John's escrow service, it also assumes someone is funding their development at huge risk to themselves considering all the points of failure and potential delays as we've witnessed with other companies, so you can assume your money is safe, but John's not content with securing monies over $1k.

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:27:04 PM

All transactions; including larger tx's will be under escrow by John or Escrow.com. The public wallet for smaller orders is just to streamline the bulk orders which are most likely sub $1,000 under a single wallet controlled by John. Larger orders will be slightly more involved and will require the participation of all parties in order to set up a secure multi sig escrow wallet for all Bitcoin transactions.

We will explain it in more details once we launch and there will be a 24/7 customer support team for all individual enquiries if our FAQ answers aren't sufficient.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: