Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48999 times)
newmars

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:30:20 PM

The "Checkout" shows up finally

normal mode with IE

no "check out" function as well

What browser are you using? It should work for well enough under simple html for chrome and works normally in other browsers at the moment. Please let us know so that we could get someone on it. Thanks in advance.
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:35:49 PM

Are any of the cases designed to be rackmounted ?
What is the airflow direction on each case ?
What is the in-operation temperature (range) of each unit ?
What are the physical dimensions of each case design ?

Hi Rob

The dimensions are listed on every product page but those dimensions aren't final unfortunately. The current blade designs aren't designed to be rack mounted but we will be looking at alternative form factors to see whether we could follow a similar set-up as the current klondike design variations. Our recent pd simulations gave us an estimate of 65c~ at the stock clock rate but we should be getting a more accurate number from our verification partners within 2 weeks. Thermal analysis and the airflow layout will be published soon on our blog (not up yet) or you can follow us on twitter for regular technical updates.
A Meteorite

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:16:26 PM

Can we order without a power supply? $1,700 for two 1350 W power supplies is ridiculous. Two ATX power supplies with that sort of power would cost on the order of $1,000 less. Anyways I trust my own tried and tested power supplies way more.

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:19:40 PM

There's something weird about the power consumption.

It says it's 1.6w/Gh yet for Olympus 18 150 Gh/s blades should be 4,320W but the box says it's 5,000W. Same with the lower bound. Power consumption figures don't add up.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

yup i managed to order a unit. order number 77!!!
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:31:06 PM

Can we order without a power supply? $1,700 for two 1350 W power supplies is ridiculous. Two ATX power supplies with that sort of power would cost on the order of $1,000 less. Anyways I trust my own tried and tested power supplies way more.

You should be able to remove it from your cart - try "none" when choosing your PSU option.

There's something weird about the power consumption.

It says it's 1.6w/Gh yet for Olympus 18 150 Gh/s blades should be 4,320W but the box says it's 5,000W. Same with the lower bound. Power consumption figures don't add up.

Hi Arorts

The power consumption estimates are pushed up slightly higher on our marketing literature or when we're advising PSU purchases. Each blade will use around 250w and the total number of blades that can be fitted into one Olympus unit is 16. We'd rather promise lower specs and deliver more efficient miners rather than disappointing everyone with higher numbers later throughout our progress.

We will be paying less attention to this board while we try to tackle the huge backlog of emails sent in the past 2 hours. For straightforward short questions you would be able to reach us through twitter much faster. For any web/technical issues please use the subject "Technical" in your email subject header to get on top of ticket queue.
A Meteorite

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:47:52 PM

You should be able to remove it from your cart - try "none" when choosing your PSU option.

It seems to not allow that for me with the plain HTML store.

I assume this also means plain ATX power supplies shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: It seems to be working for me now.

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:49:36 PM

just put in my 3 orders. thanks xcrowd! you guys are awesome.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:08:20 AM

Ah the store isn't working in Chrome I think because of a mix of secure and non-secure page content. It worked in MSIE if I hit the "show all" after the warning about insecure page content.
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:14:37 AM

Ah the store isn't working in Chrome I think because of a mix of secure and non-secure page content. It worked in MSIE if I hit the "show all" after the warning about insecure page content.

yup thats exactly what i did.

what did you order?
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:16:07 AM

Did order numbers start at 1?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

what did you order?

The refund policy, use of escrow, and price drop if diff too high by ship date talked me into an Elysium. Small by most buyers standards it seems, but I just can't bring myself to lay out more than that for bitcoin hardware. Even if xCrowd delivers on time and everything is perfect, BTC/USB could hit $10 by the time I get one. Ug. Lets not think about that. Wink
arorts

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:46:49 AM

So if I place an order for the Ascraeus, does it come with any blades or that's just the enclosure??
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:52:51 AM

So if I place an order for the Ascraeus, does it come with any blades or that's just the enclosure??

The Ascraeus and Olympus both come with blades. They are module design so can be expanded by buying additional blades.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
arorts

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:59:44 AM

The Ascraeus and Olympus both come with blades. They are module design so can be expanded by buying additional blades.

Ok. So, to be exact, Ascraeus comes with 5 (750Gh/s)and Olympus with 8 blades (1200 Gh/s), right?
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:01:38 AM

Ok. So, to be exact, Ascraeus comes with 5 (750Gh/s)and Olympus with 8 blades (1200 Gh/s), right?

According to their website yes, that is correct.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
arorts

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:03:27 AM

Xcrowd,

Your website is dropping the following text in the Payment section depending on how you navigate to the anchored links. This is the text being dropped:

"Better yet, all our first 200 orders are fully refundable with no questions asked and processed within 48 hours. Later customers would be able to request refunds between 15-10-2013 to 15-11-2013.
Escrow terms -

Bulk shipping start date - 20-12-2013
20% of total orders to be shipped per week
Individual deliveries sent out according to order list of confirmed order.
Inspection period after delivery - 5 days

Escrow release terms -

Individual customer confirms delivery of a working unit
Bulk refund if we fail to start bulk ship before 15-12-2013
Individual refunds if orders are not fulfilled within 6 weeks of bulk shipping start date.
Registered companies based in the US or UK can apply for financing for orders over $50,000. Depending on your application we would be able to offer you a range of terms and rates through our financing partner HSBC. Like all our orders, these funds will also be placed in an escrow account until delivery. You would be able to simply choose financing at checkout and a representative will get in touch with more details if your application can be accepted."

In addition, the whole "Difficulty Insurance" tab and section is completely dropped depending on how you navigate through some of the anchored links as well.

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:03:37 AM

what did you order?

The refund policy, use of escrow, and price drop if diff too high by ship date talked me into an Elysium. Small by most buyers standards it seems, but I just can't bring myself to lay out more than that for bitcoin hardware. Even if xCrowd delivers on time and everything is perfect, BTC/USB could hit $10 by the time I get one. Ug. Lets not think about that. Wink

yeah i picked up two elysiums and 3 of the small units. i forget what they are called.

when do we pay? i havent got the email yet.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:40:18 AM

Please take note if you cancel your orders you still need to pay the 2% Escrow Fees Charges. They don't Accept Paypal and Credit Cards be aware. We still do not Know Who there are? Who are their engineers and who are their investors. and who is Abdi Mahamud?[/i]

A little background on the founder:

NAME: Abdi Mahamud

USERNAMES:

abz123uk (2009 -2012 Twitter and eBay)
rat1on1990 (2008)
Ironicarm (2009)
miggni (2009)
rat1oN (2009)
Amelioratr (2009)
ratman (2009)
Nordstrom (2008-2009)
Niles_Touch (2008)

EMAIL:

info@amelioratecorp.com
Nordstrom@amelioratecorp.com
MAhamud@amelioratecorp.com
Niles_Touch@hotmail.co.uk

PHONE:

44-7930804630

Currently loctaed in Leicester, UK
Originally from Birmingham, UK
Company Registered at the following address
2 City Arcade
Birmingham, B2 4tx

EDUCATION:

Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - De Montfort University (2008-2011)
(Seems a bit short for a Masters)
Golden Hillock School (2001-2006)
(High School)

PREVIOUS JOBS/EXPERIENCE:

2011 - Present
Executive Director, Founder - Terra Group FME
Stealth Mode.

2011 - Present
Co-founder - Sophia Jennah Ltd
(Also from Facebook page he was the "Former Director of Procrastination")

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - ITSec Pvt Ltd
Information Technology & Services

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - Logoinn
Graphic Design
to be updated

2008 - 2009
Assistant Marketing Manager - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Assistant Marketing Manager is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.Responsibilities* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data* Assist in implementing the organisations marketing plan* to help manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

2007 - 2008
Project Manager & Sales Agent - E5 Design studios
Animation
As the Project manager I was an integral part of delivering rapid growth to E5'snew business venture : WebLines Media. I was also responsible for direct marketing, establishing brand awareness in the online market and generating both individual and corporate leads as well as face to face selling.

Chief Marketing Officer - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Chief Marketing Officer is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.

Responsibilities

* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities

* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives

* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data

* implement the organisations marketing plan

* to manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget

* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

Owner - Ameliorate Group Ltd

LINKS:

Facebook

Yatedo Profile (Similar to Linked In)

eBay Feedback

Sophie Jenna Ltd. (Muslim Women's Fashion)
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:43:45 AM

Either way the escrow guys will still make 2% unless he clearly says that if you choose for a refund you get Full Amount without the 2% Escrow Fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: